[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truckerfag Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 87

File: IMG_20151227_085213.jpg (64KB, 846x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_085213.jpg
64KB, 846x634px
It's fucking cold out edition.

Previous Thread: >>14073678

>How do I into CDL?
Community college, independent schools. Get a grant or loan before you sign a contract with a company offering to pay for school.

>Good rookie companies?
http://pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH

>Bad rookie companies?
Anything not in the pastebin
>>
Welcome back TF. Finally got my CDL two days ago, about to start my training to drive local. How's the weather out there?
>>
>>14133399
>LTLFag
That ain't TF lol
>>
>>14133399
I managed to get delayed only 1 hr on my way through ct this morning in the freezing rain. 2 major accidents on the way.
I swear those rail van guys do not give a fuck. Even the crazy fed ex wiggle wagons were going slow, but not those guys.
>>
>>14133499
That's better than it could have been. How many swift trucks were in the ditch?
>>
>>14132060
saw what was coming, dropped the trailer?

>>14133554
(I have to, I just feel I have to.)

Just ask Whiney.
>>
>>14133753
Replacement truck to pull the trailer away and wrecked truck already gone?
>>
File: Landoll.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Landoll.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>14133765
I think 'e means a rollback trailer, which should already be connected to a tractor.
>>
>>14133753
I think I've seen one stuck in the median. But now I'm in San Antonio so it's breezy and nice.
>>
>live and work in California
>don't have to deal with any ice bullshit
>worst is some heavy rain

Feels good man
>>
>>14133794
I see that now.
>>
File: Gir.jpg (44KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gir.jpg
44KB, 440x600px
Is it possible for the kingpin to shear easily?
>>
>>14134263
Fuckers hold back 50k+ all the time.

Seems unreal to me.
>>
File: staydryforsafety.jpg (159KB, 1023x619px) Image search: [Google]
staydryforsafety.jpg
159KB, 1023x619px
>is it cool if I park for just a sec? k. thax.
>>
>>14134263
>>14134430
Don't have the pic anymore, but I once saw an article about a truck that got picked up by a crane. It was at a dock yard, hauling a shipping container. Driver didn't unlock the container from the trailer and the crane (automated) picked it up. Lifted the truck a few stories in the air, truck just hanging from the kingpin. It held.
>>
>>14133399
Neat. Had an ice storm in Chicago yesterday.

>>14133753
Trailer only has to move a few degrees past the 5th wheel swivel to snap a kingpin off of a rusted out apron.

>>14134263
The kingpin itself? No. Rusted out apron or a poorly adjusted and worn locking jaw is what usually leads to trailer detachment.
>>
File: download_20151218_133752.jpg (444KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
download_20151218_133752.jpg
444KB, 2048x1536px
>>14135218
Sounds like all sorts of fun. I'm stoked, my boss is sticking me in a beautiful show condition 1990 379 running a 12v71 and 18 speed crunchbox. Pic related.
>>
>>14135218
Hey TF
A few threads ago you mentioned using a certain liquid to clean your windshields in an X to prevent fogging etc. What was it called?

Also, do blow torches (had to free up a stuck set of brakes) have multiple uses or are they kaput after single use? And are blowtorches and propane torches the same thing?
>>
>>14135922
Didn't he say alcohol and newspaper for the windshield?

And a blowtorch is normally oxy-acetylene (sp?), right? Not really a handheld thing. And yes, you can use propane and oxy-acetylene over and over as long as there is fuel in the tanks.
>>
>>14135964
>Didn't he say alcohol and newspaper for the windshield?
Doesn't work. Tried it.
>>
>>14135901
>plugged in lights on a trailer in transport
Wat.

>>14135922
Alcohol and paper towels to clean, deodorant in an X then buffed in with a dry paper towel as anti-fog.

I don't use a blow torch. I use a handheld MAPP torch. I use it for cooking (lighting grill, browning meat, etc), thawing frozen valves and gelled fuel lines, and for light metal work. The 14"ish bottles last me 1-2 years. I don't recommend using a torch on brakes unless a hammer won't break the shoes loose.
>>
>>14135901
Fukken noice bru.

Also
>Pilot in Tifton, GA has a Steak n Shake
WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS
>>
>last drop and hook
>sleepy as fuck
>mess up hooking up to the trailer and fifth wheel passes kingpin
>fat as fuck and out of shape
>spend 30min turning the handle on the landing gear to get the kingpin high enough for the fifth wheel to pass
>finally hook up and leave
>not even sleepy anymore because arms and shoulders sore as fuck
>>
>>14136904
>not just tipping the 5th wheel forward with an empty plastic bottle to get it to clear the kingpin
Bruh. You could have fixed that in 10 minutes.
>>
>>14136986
You mean using a bottle as like, a shim?
>>
I wish I could be a trucker and also smoke weed at the end of my shift

I mean I guess I could but knowing my luck I will fuck myself

Tbh it would be pretty sweet to smoke a spliff while cruisin down the open road too

tl;dr i havent smoked bud in like 8 years but i still miss it

i also miss stickin my penis inside of women and shooting my sperm on them, i think i need to start paying for women of the trade cause its almost too much effort to find sperming buddies, whenever im home i just veg out and dont go anywhere and dont do anything
>>
who I91 through hartford and springfield here?
>>
>>14136026
I've seen transporters plug in the last camper on their trailer before. I thought it was cool tbqh
>>
File: 1450750036891.png (75KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1450750036891.png
75KB, 500x332px
>NEETfag
>just got back from a 3 day shadow session with my brother on his truck
>he told me to go with him on a couple of runs since he thought i would really enjoy the profession given my personality
>we picked up loads in VA and delivered to PA, NY and Baltimore
>absolutely loved every second of it. trucker life is just about perfect for an introvert like me.

Unfortunately it seems like I was not made for driving. Driving through the mountains of PA and NY was not easy, and i wasn't even the one driving.

Whenever my brother drove through one of those cramped bridges or any of the ramps/elevated turns/whatever my heart just fucking sank. he told me to stay focused on the road and i tried, but still all i could think about was just how easy it would be for a person like me (don't have a driver's license, took a few driving lessons a few years ago and i sucked bad at making turns) to not turn the wheel enough on a ramp or misjudge how fast i was going and then just fall to my death.

A couple of times I had to close my eyes because of how sharp those turns were and just how high up we were.

I guess I never realized just how much I fear heights because I've lived in a very flat state all of my life.

Also, I hit on a Love's employee. I know hitting on customer service people is retarded because they're paid to be nice but whatever I was having a blast accompanying my brother and her ass was amazing.
>>
I'm 18 and need a job to help my family. Trucking seems respectable and worthwhile. How do I get into trucking when most companies seem to only want 21-22 year olds?
>>
>>14136571
You are now

>>14136904
>>14136986
Did this once, luckily the trailer was raised on load stands.
>>
>>14137791
Don't know what the laws are, but get several years of personal driving experience in various conditions before getting ANY sort of driving job, including pizza delivery and such, for your own safety.

>>14137791
You can stay in state legally, but unless you have connections, I wouldn't bother trying until you are 21. Get some sort of other skills or do college classes until then if possible.
>>
>>14137791

You could hire a box truck or whatever they call them in the USA and drive it around for a couple of days to get used to something bigger than a car.

Best way to learn about truck driving is throw yourself into it, if you can shadow someone else you have a huge headstart.

Don't listen to anyone who says you should drive X size of vehicle first for a couple of years, there are straightforward jobs out there to start off on. If you're not pulling a trailer you're not learning, anything with no trailer is like a large car.

You can be a driver with poor visual spatial skills, just use your eyes and mirrors you'll develop a sense of where the vehicle is very quickly.
>>
File: 20151211_191700.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151211_191700.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Cold as ass in wyoming.
I've sprung an air leak somewhere under the cab.
And the Freightliner's gonna Freightliner.
>>
>>14139505
>Don't listen to anyone who says you should drive X size of vehicle first for a couple of years,

He literally does not have a drivers license at all. Starting off on any sort of large truck is a horrific idea.
>>
>>14139509
Nah. Not if he starts out in an actual school.
>>
>>14139509
This girl did it. Are you not as good as a girl, NEETfag?

http://abc13.com/news/teen-takes-driving-test-in-rv/1134752/
>>
>>14139526
>this is news in Wisconsin
>goddamned captcha was RVs
>>
>>14139526
>>14139538
I was just going to say, they literally don't have anything better to report on?
>>
Hi, I'm That Security Guard that is never an asshole to you whenever you check in at your distribution centers and always tells you to have a good <x> and never is ever mad at you even when I have to reject your shitty trailer and you blow up on me.

>you're welcome
>>
>>14140133
>being nice to van drivers
>>
>>14140183
:(
>>
Dear Mr. Truckerfag,

I am trying to dodge the sealiac.

I read that American wheat breeders bred some fucked up wheat, and that sealiacs is an allergic reaction to the fucked up wheat.

They fucked up the wheat by increasing the Amylase-Trypsin Inhibitors, which are a pest repellent.

My strategy is to try pasta and flour from many countries. I am guessing that there are some countries which, due to either backwardsness or forwardsness, have not tried to grow, or prohibited the poisoned wheat.

Any tips?
>>
>>14140590
Celiac*
Also that's not an issue unless you've seen a doctor that has diagnosed you with that condition.
Also also,
dafuq
>>
File: land1_big.jpg (128KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
land1_big.jpg
128KB, 1000x600px
Any of you OTR friends gamers?

i'm thinking about getting a 3DS and/or a Vita. Gaming has been one of my main hobbies pretty much my whole life, so i want to continue doing it when I become an OTR driver (i'll be starting my CDL training in a week).

if i could get 2 hours a day of gaming that'd be good enough for me. do you usually get that much free/non-sleep time while on the road?
>>
Not a trucker but diesel technicianfag here. Stay safe out there fellers.
>>
>>14140614
Doctors don't know bro.

It starts out as an allergic reaction to the ATI, and then gluten, but by the time you have symptoms it's too late.

Everybody is allergic to ATI if you give them enough of it. Nobody had Celiac's 50 years ago. Even twenty years ago it was rare. People have been eating shitloads of wheat for 10,000 years.
>>
File: nope.gif (988KB, 294x224px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
988KB, 294x224px
>>14139508
Local beer distributor is replacing all of their bay KW's with freightliners

>mfw

>>14139509
Says you.

>>14139429
Go to a green, rent a golf cart and drive around, practice like you're in a real car; Park it different ways in different places, learn to take corners, etc. OR keep hopping around the family vehicles, full size chebby? Go for it. Scion iQ? Hell yeah. It'll teach you pick up spatial awareness real quick if you're driving a different car.
Ask your brother to teach you to run his truck bobtail in a large or fuckhuge parking lot. Manual tractor is different from a manual car.

Practice defensive driving and be cautious.

Oddly enough, running a switcher gave me better perception of where my corners are, where I want them, and where I can get them than when I learned in car.

>>14139538
>>14139563
Local news mine's no better
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451191578539.jpg (42KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451191578539.jpg
42KB, 800x520px
>>14140619
Yeah, a few kids ITT play the vidya. I could be playing FFVIX but I haven't enjoyed gayman since high school.

That 2 hours a day will come out of your 10 hot break if you aren't a van driver. Drive reefer if you want to maximize vidya time. Could easily get in about 40 hours a week of downtime.

>>14140657
Thanks for plugging my scangauge back in when you're done with your computer.

>>14140660
>Doctor's don't know bro.
Mfw.
>>
>>14140660
Dude. Celiac's sucks ass. I have it and I fucking hate my life. Everything's so expensive.
>>
>>14140732
yep reefer is what is what i plan on driving. thanks
>>
>>14140657
what's it like being a diesel technician?
>>
>>14140590
It's Celiac.

I'm married to a nice lady with it.

Wheat grown from modern seed bred for factory farming does contain a lot more gluten than wild wheat, but no wheat is even close to gluten-free.

All wheat has gluten, even ancient "heritage" varieties. It's simply a matter of how much. You can't avoid it by getting pasta/flour from foreign countries. You may reduce the total amount of gluten, but if you truly have Celiac (unlikely, given that you can't even spell it properly), any amount will end in you shitting blood as your immune system attacks your intestinal tract during the following week. Once your body has started to identify gluten as an enemy, you're fucked, it will attack even the smallest amount.

On the plus side, if you have Celiac, you're also mostly immune to cholera. The same gene that makes your immune system mis-identify gluten as a threat also makes it much, much more aggressive against the bacteria that cause cholera. So that's a bonus. Not that it really matters in the 21st century. Thanks a lot, intelligent design.

The gluten is actually what makes wheat flour so useful as a binding agent in breads, pastas, roux, etc. That's why gluten-free flour substitutes are so much of a pain to make.
>>
>>14140660
>Even twenty years ago it was rare. People have been eating shitloads of wheat for 10,000 years.

It's still rare. People are just buying into the 'gluten-free' trend started by people who DO have it to drive prices down and availability up on gluten-free everything.
>>
>>14140774
Most people who have celiac's weren't born with it. Their gluten allergy stems from ATI sensitivity and/or over-consumption.

I over-consume bread and pasta, that's why I am trying to find out where the non-fucked wheat at. I thought TruckerFag would know because he reads about farming and shit.

I need to find current ATI analyses for different wheat cultivars.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>14140619
I have both a 3DS and a Vita. Both are great, but take a look at their libraries before buying. 3DS has mostly more kid friendly games, and MH3/4U. Vita has weeb games and PSN titles. I get about 1-2 hours a day playing games, depending on down time at a shipper/receiver. I also play a bit during my 10.
>>14140657
Thanks bru. Don't work too hard.
>>14140660
>This guy.
Nevermind then.
>>14140742
See this guy has a legitimate problem. Sorry you ended up with that, boss. Hopefully we'll have it figured out within our lifetime.

>mfw highway patrol passed as I was typing this
>>
i don't want to get cucked
>>
>>14140892
Stay single.
>>
>>14140816
You're not born with it, but you're born with the potential to develop it. Most of the population will not develop Celiac no matter how much they overconsume; those with the genetic predisposition for it WILL develop it if they overconsume.

>>14140794
>People are just buying into the 'gluten-free' trend started by people who DO have it to drive prices down and availability up on gluten-free everything.
This is actually the opposite of what my wife has encountered.

The people going gluten-free as a fad have driven accessibility up and prices down on gluten free food for those who actually need it, and have been struggling to find it for decades.

The problem is that most of the new fad gluten free foods are either just flat-out mislabeled and do contain gluten (but the fad-dieters will never notice so it doesn't matter), or are all just junk-food, rather than proper staple foods. Go to the store - 20 varieties of gluten free cookies and cake mixes, one overpriced gluten free pasta.

Thank god the FDA is starting to regulate gluten-free labeling now and require proper lab testing.
>>
>>14140816
Contact your local county extension office.
>>
>>14140816
You should look up Einkorn and pharaohs wheat. People been eating those types for thousands of years.
>>
>>14141082
das it

I just looked it up. Pharaohs wheat made products are marketed by a company that says that the wheat is not bred. I'm gonna try some.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 640x1136px
So I got on a new route, further out west but in a nicer area. In the two days I have been out there so far, nobody has asked me for money, Pepsi, or cigs.

And the grills are fine as fuck.
>>
>>14134771
>>
File: wow.gif (479KB, 370x263px) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
479KB, 370x263px
>>14134771
>sigh
>>
i've seen some companies say "1 day off for every 1 week out"

does that mean i could take a day off right after every week or do you need to stay out like 4 weeks before you can actually use your earned days off?
>>
>>14142799
That would be shitty to take one day every week. You won't have enough time to enjoy it. Plus I'm sure you will lose miles and $$ because they will give you some fucked up load or make you drive unloaded a bunch just to get you home.

Anyway, I'm sure they mean like 4 days home a month. But you better stay out there if you want to make money.
>>
>>14142013
God damn Randy you are cool as fuck.
>>
>>14142799
Depends on the company. They might force you into the terminal once a week. They might not let you accrue days over a certain number. They might be really shitty at taking hometime requests.
>>
File: randy.jpg (31KB, 680x683px) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
31KB, 680x683px
>>14143052
Randy, heh heh, :D
>>
File: 20151230_214407.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151230_214407.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Ayy. We dry van tonight. $1250 for 10 hours of work isn't too bad.
>>
>>14140766
It really depends on the setting you're in. You could be working on trucks, or maybe diesel-powered automobiles, or even construction stuff like road graders or bull dozers. Farm equipment like combines and tractors, etc.

One day you could be doing a rebuild on a crane, another day you could be fixing the wiring on a bulldozer. Or if you work in a truck shop, you'll be doing repairs and regular maintenance on large trucks used to haul the goods that keep our nation's economy running smoothly.

Money is good though. In a regular setting you're looking at $20-$30/hr at least.
>>
Hey guys i'm in central Florida and looking to become a trucker but i can't find any job listings in florida from the suggested beginner companies listed in OP. I was wondering if any Floridabros know of any good places i can earn my CDL with and work for in Florida or if i should go with a company out of state.
>>
>>14143736
Werner runs in FL a lot. And Knight always seems to be trying to hire people out of FL.

Two other companies I see a lot of down here are Heyl and Cardinal. No idea what they are like to work for. Just saying if they have that many trucks down here, they are probably willing to hire drivers. I see some TransAm too, I don't think they are terrible.

Swift doesn't seem to run shit down here.

You don't have to find a company based in FL, just one that runs freight thru FL so you can actually get home time if you need it.
>>
What is it about florida that makes people want to be truckers despite it being the single worst place to live if you want to be a trucker?

How about you people do other things like manufacture or process goods so there's a reason to go down there?
>>
>>14143357
Is this a common occurrence? With my current job it takes me 2 weeks to make that much.
>>
>>14143833
It's half the reason why I didn't become a trucker. I became a delivery boy so I didn't have to see snow again.
>>
>>14143759
Thanks man
>>
>>14135901
>1990
>peterbilt didnt start using the one piece door window untill at least 2005
nigga please. also 12V Detroit? what are you hauling to need that kind of power.
>>
>trying to dock in an already tight space
>see the the truck on the passanger side crooked
>half his fucking wheel was on the painted line and the mirror on the hood was in the lane as well
>asshole refused to move
>impossible to dock without hitting his mirror
>had to wait till left so I could dock

Why the fuck do people act like this?
>>
>>14145096
Because they're truckers and as such are generally miserable people that are only slightly more employable than auto detailers and auto body men.
>>
File: 20151230_221259.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151230_221259.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I'm not using your fucking portapotty.

I will shit in a trash bag and toss it on your lot.

Fuck you.
>>
File: CAM00603.jpg (412KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00603.jpg
412KB, 3264x2448px
>>14145405
>>
I want to be a trucker, because my dad was one and I like driving. but I'm terrible at reversing trailers. Is it something that you practiced a lot before you started trucking or did you guys git gud on the job?
>>
File: 41474875.jpg (371KB, 1453x940px) Image search: [Google]
41474875.jpg
371KB, 1453x940px
if you fags could pick any truck you wanted and costs/maintenance weren't factors what would you pick?

I'd go with pic related
>>
>>14145474
Cascajer.
Comfy and fantastic heating/ac
>>
>>14144302
They do look like new doors, but it is heavily modified so who knows?

Clearly though, he's hauling double flatbeds through the mountains
>>
>>14145193
>Because they're doorswingers and as such are generally miserable people that are only slightly more employable than auto detailers and auto body men.

ftfy ;)
>>
>>14145463
Nobody is good at backing when they start. Not even the 4th generation "super trucker savants"
>>
File: 6435592579_61dfab4b1b_b.jpg (498KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6435592579_61dfab4b1b_b.jpg
498KB, 1024x768px
>>14145474
No cost?

I'd have one of these, in the states.

AuDM trucks are best trucks.
>>
File: 20151231_053541.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151231_053541.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>14142799
At Gordon it was "oh yeah, you can take as much time as you want off but after 4 days we take the truck"
At Werner it's anywhere up to 5 then it's considered a leave of absence and they take the truck and forget about you. Granted that's if they get you anywhere near home.
>>14143357
Did something on the flatbed break?>>14143759
I've been to Florida twice with Werner the only ones that run steady down there are dedicated for booze and soda
>>14145096
I feel you should have lined up to dock and stopped an inch or so from his mirror and sat. Or closer so he couldn't get out and then just waited

>ask if shipper is 24/7
"Yeah yeah sure"
>explain in detail how if they aren't I won't have enough time to get to cons by the due time
"Don't it's fine"
>get to shipper at 2am
"Uh, no one's gonna be here till 7.."
So now I'll run out of time somewhere on a mountain past I belive.. should be fun.
>>
>>14136026
The lights were done for the photo.
>>
Sent in Friday maintenance request regarding sulfur smell I mentioned earlier. Head of Maintenance replied via Qualcomm saying it's probably a boiling battery and to keep an eye on the voltage and check the batteries themselves. Hopefully I won't have one blow out or whatever they might do.
>>
i drive trucks in euro truck simulator 2
am i truckerfag?
>>
>>14145830
Kek no. Do like I did and get the IRL DLC.
>>
File: flytrap santa.gif (2MB, 448x295px) Image search: [Google]
flytrap santa.gif
2MB, 448x295px
forgot I had this gif

What's a good general purpose outdoor waterproof jacket? i.e. I can layer as needed. Recently had my Carhartt Astoria taken.

>>14145830
no
>>
>>14145919
*underneath as needed.
>>
>>14145985
>Implying auto driven cars = auto driven trucks
>Implying that's even going to happen in the next decade
>>
>>14145985
Airplanes have autopilot but there are still pilots

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>14146135
>>Implying that's even going to happen in the next

Sorry bro, it already happened. Google "Highway Pilot". It's level 3 autonomous right now, with level 4 being the totally driverless next step.
>>
>>14146263
This. There's gonna be a human in the cab for at least another century, even if they're not actively driving.

Even with full autopilot trucks, there's still gonna be a need for steering wheel attendants to deal with fueling, on-the-road repairs, chainup, docking, dealing with paperwork, and on and on and on.
>>
>>14146266
See
>>14146409
>>
>Truck suddenly slows
>Stop
>Faults found
>Turbo Speed
fug
>>
File: _20151231_134910.jpg (3MB, 5248x2536px) Image search: [Google]
_20151231_134910.jpg
3MB, 5248x2536px
JUST

I'm taking the turnpike 70mph all the way home should be there at 7. Not spending the last day of the year on route 30 at 62
>>
>>14145985
I hate beating this dead horse. Just stop. It's already guaranteed job security for next 30 years with potential freight growing steadily.

The easiest part of the drivers job is to sit on the highway in clear conditions. Companys aren't even speccing sunvisors anymore. They aren't going to give an expensive auto pilot mode to shareem.

Shippers and receivers would have to hire several people on each end to deal with massive amounts of trucks All certified to rig stuff down so it doesn't kill people. All in all. The theory of auto trucks would become a wash especially considering mega fleets pay their drivers burger flipping $ already.

Fight me
>>
File: 1443495559004.png (8KB, 363x364px) Image search: [Google]
1443495559004.png
8KB, 363x364px
>>14145985
Oh great, this meme again
>>
>>14145405
>>14145423
you dont shut the truck down when its that cold, right? You'd be trucker Popsicles in the morning
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>14145919

>if you're trying not to die on the job
http://shop.grundens.com/shop/ansi/5019/

>if you're poor
http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Wear-R105M-Trench-Coat/dp/B001PD0X5S/ref=lp_2476604011_1_30?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1451596799&sr=1-30&nodeID=2476604011
>>
>>14147315
u from aus m8
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14147385
Yeah new route
>>
>Thought consignee hours were 7a - 6p
>It was 0700 - 1600
>Arrive 30m late, place is closed
Dommot. Oh well, I wouldn't have made it home until tomorrow anyway.
>>
>>14147458
Are you in MIA?
>>
>Stop at red light
>Challenger in front of me
>Hot black chick hops out of the drivers seat and starts twerking
Fukken noice.
>>
File: kenworth.jpg (56KB, 350x223px) Image search: [Google]
kenworth.jpg
56KB, 350x223px
>>14143535
>if you work in a truck shop, you'll be doing repairs and regular maintenance on large trucks used to haul the goods that keep our nation's economy running smoothly.
>plug computer in
>computer says it's fucked
>tell service writer it's fucked
>they tell the company it's fucked
>the company says to fuck off
>technician bills a 1.5 hour smoke break in the meantime
Breddy cool.

>>14143736
Why shoot for one of the 4 shitty companies in Florida that would hire you when there are literally hundreds of shitty companies out of state willing to hire you?

>>14143833
>no manual labor industry in Florida
>hicks move down there from the south assuming there will be work when they get there
>there isn't
>they've knocked up their cousin
>state won't pay for snus
>daddyuncle needs dialysis
>get into a truck to leech off the industry of the rest of the country
>pay off the $4000 mobile home
And that is how stupid plants roots in Florida despite the jews best efforts to keep trash out of yahweh's waiting room.

>>14143852
I guess. I usually work about 6 hours for $750, which is the same rate by hour. Usually only work two days a week. One day to pay the bills and taxes, and another to pay for food and fucking around money. Any other work I get done in a week is gravy.

>>14145096
You could have wiggled it in there. Backing with a tandem axle trailer today I felt like a trucking demigod doing a 170 or so degree back blindside into a slot 4 spaces over on the first shot without breaking a bead on a tire.

>>14145423
Sweet jesus that's an ugly dash. I miss how good the EGR era T600/W900 dashes looked.

>>14145463
Had no fucking clue what I was doing in reverse for the first three months, then it took another three months to become OK at it.

>>14145474
TURNING FOR DAYS

More realistically a Kenworth K521 bullnose.
>>
>>14146818
>Companys aren't even speccing sunvisors anymore. They aren't going to give an expensive auto pilot mode to shareem.

While I don't think truckers are going to be disappearing from cabs any time this generation, I think you're a bit off there.

The push to automate truck driving will not come from labor savings - driver labor is already a pretty insignificant part of trucking company costs, as you point out. I think the push for automation will come from insurance companies.

When insurers start offering companies big fat discounts for putting Shareem in a truck that's physically incapable of speeding, or tailgating, or making an unsafe lanechange, or swerving out of it's lane, that's when the companies are going to start buying level-3 automated rigs.
>>
So I've been driving for approx 5 months. I don't have issues backing into docks etc (maybe need to pull up to correct once or twice). However, I'm scared shitless of parking at a truck stop when its at capacity. Mainly cuz unlike docks, there are tractors to watch out for as well and as a canukistan driver, the last thing I want to do is piss off an American nraa member who won't think twice letting me know how he feels with a desert eagle to my face.

Is this normal?
>>
>>14147830
Sounds like you are just intimidated. Everybody was new once. Git gud.
>>
>>14145985
fucking lol if you think automated cars are anywhere near ready for mass use, or are going to be within our lifetimes, period.
>>
>>14147826
Most of the major companies are self insured, so that point is moot.

Even a 50% discount in insurance on my truck would only save me $14,300 over 5 years, which is a good deal less than what a phase 3 automation package would cost, let alone a phase 4. I'm sure those discounts will go out the window when normal rig wiring issues come into play and trycks are steered into cars, buildings, and bridges by gremlins.

>>14147830
As long as you don't hit anything you're not going to piss anyone important off. An NRA member is more likely to help you back in that situation than they are to even remember they're an NRA member.
>>
>>14147570
Nah I'm near Atlanta.
Stopped at Petro Atlanta for the night. Gonna check out what Iron Skillet is all about.
>>
File: IMG_4530.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4530.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
>>14147830
I avoid truckstops as much as I can especially after 7ish. Don't feel bad. Everyone is forced to shut I down around the same time. If its late I try for rest areas if not the shipper or receiver. I can put the truck just about anywhere but still avoid jacking into a double row while getting highbeamed by swift trucks on their 5th lap around the lot is f I can
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14148014
Ayy I've been there a handful of times. Just south of the city on I-75, right?
>>
>>14145985
You really never get bored of making this post eh?
>>
>>14147826
>insurers wanting less money
>low insurance for a vehicle that can't be voided due to driver error.
>>
The corporate beauty of trucking is that the driver is the Patsy for everything. Everything
>>
>>14148018
Nah the one in the heart of Atlanta off I-285.
Saw a nice looking (from afar) fishing pole off an exit earlier, shiny and new looking. Was tempted to stop and grab it while in traffic but as I approached it I saw it had been run over, was all jacked up. Pole might've been alright somehow but I didn't bother.
>>
File: 1450911357475.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450911357475.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
1. How does the 34 hour restart thing work when you're an OTR driver? Let's say I work 70 hours Monday through Sunday, would i have to start my 34 hour break on the following day? If so, do you just find a TS to stay at for the 34 hrs?

2. Does anyone here live on their truck full time? do companies mind if you do this and would they be okay with you staying at a terminal on your earned days off?

3. How do you find a gf who understands the trucking lifestyle and will even come with you on some loads?
>>
>>14148000
>trycks
What kinda phone you shitposting on?
My note4 is getting irritating
>>
>>14148014
Jesus, you don't mean the one on the loop do you?
Enjoy your lot lizards and stolen shit
Friend of mine had a nigra try to sell him the TV he'd just finished stealing out of his truck.
>>
>>14148098
1. You can take your 34 whenever, but once you run your 70 out, that's it. Taking 10 will still get you something, but only as much as you took 7 days prior. The 34 resets all of your clocks.
2. Depends on the company, I'm sure most are against it. I think my company is against it as well, because they work on the trucks while you're out of them.
3. Good luck, tell us if you find it out.

Iron Skillet ain't bad. Next time I'll get steak instead of pasta though. I cut up with another guy for the better part of an hour about stupid shipper and receiver antics.
>>
>>14148477
Yes the one on the loop. Haven't been harassed yet. I don't answer anyone knocking on the door, I stay in the sleeper.
>>
>>14133292
You guys like your job? How many hours a day on average do you work? Can you get a big cab if you want?

Not interested but it seems like a cool job if you like neetlife
>>
>>14148098
1) 34 consecutive hour off duty resets the clock.
If you work 70 hours monday-sunday, and go off duty at 9pm sunday, your clock resets at 7am tuesday.
You can do whatever the fuck you want on that time.
2)I live in the truck, it's not uncommon. Most people want to br home for SO/kids.
Terminals depend entirely on the company. Some might have bunk rooms, some don't even have driver lounges. Haven't heard of a company that gave half a shit where you take your time off, as long as you're not insisting on being routed to weird places all the time.
3) let me know when you figure that one out.
>>
>>14148494
I love my job. Around 12 on average.
If you're OTR you'll more than likely have a sleeper bunk if that's what you mean.

It's NEET but with money. It doesn't exactly feel like a job to me.
>>
>>14148494
I like it. Generally 12 hour days at least, but of course regulations won't let us work longer than 14. You talking about a custom sleeper unit? Depends on who you work for. Can't modify a company truck like that, obviously, but I'm not aware of any company that refuses to hire owner/operators. You can certainly modify your own truck however you see fit.

Also, dude in the Iron Skillet explained why so many flatbedders have extended frames. Apparently you can drive a stretch with a 53' trailer, and if you haul something that's longer than the trailer, as long as it's not hanging off the back you don't need oversize permits and such. I hadn't thought of that.
>>
>>14148494
Kill me...
>>
>GT86 had fuel leak during crank
>Buy new hose before I left to Oregon
>Get it when I get home
>Install it
>Crank car
>Keeps cranking strong but engine never turns over
>Literally out of ideas as to why it won't work
>No car this week I guess

Even during home time, I am cursed to whine.
>>
>>14148521
but if it hangs off the front of the trailer isnt it likely to wreck shit when you turn corners?
>>
>>14148098
As regards the 70 I rarely ran out of hours in 8 days and so could run on recaps for literally months at a stretch. Of course most runs tended to be in the 15-25 drive hour range with delivery/pickup days being Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I only took 34's when my recaps were getting down into the 3-5 hour range which would start to restrict available drive hours or when I'd get fatigued enough to want some time off. A couple of times I 34'd in the truck but most times I'd hit a motel. I also tried to do it away from the terminal because shit happens and dispatch just can't stand the temptation of having an available driver right there when it does. When I did 34 I tried to do it at cities that had one of my preferred shippers and time it such that my 34 would be up at an expected time for a load from them. Worked more often than not.
>>
>particularly long drive
>start thinking about space and shit and how big everything is
>how everything is insignificant and why the fuck am I doing this

This happens at least once a month, shits depressing
>>
>>14148521
That guy was a fucking moron.

With a 48' flatbed, you're allowed 5' of overhang off the back before you even have to flag it. After that, different states have different rules but with a 53'er you get 0' before you have to conform to those rules.
>>
File: 20151231_225416.png (1015KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20151231_225416.png
1015KB, 1080x1920px
>>14148937
Yes and no.

There is a formula you can use to find the areas you can use with no effect. A little bit won't effect you much, and if you need to jackknife to maneuver you're fucked anyways.

(My diagram is not accurate or good btw its new years im drinky :)
>>
>>14149241
(also it looks like a benis on accident made myself lol)
>>
>>14149191
>space is so big that the man who decides to nuke every continent would be insignificant

Who cares? In the grand scheme of things that makes you exactly as significant as everybody else. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do the things you want to do.
>>
File: 1447107553976.jpg (23KB, 480x439px) Image search: [Google]
1447107553976.jpg
23KB, 480x439px
>>14148972
>>14148488
>>14148500
Thanks a lot guys.

One last question, do any of you guys buy stuff online on the regular? I buy shit from Amazon all the time. How do you go about receiving your shipments as a trucker if you don't have a home/somebody to receive them for you?
>>
>>14149494
I have heard something about having a rented UPS Store box or something. Something similar is the only other option is see.
>>
Went too a locally owned CDL school yesterday. Turns out, starting this year I will most likely qualify for a $2000 grant since I am low income. Thanks, (higher) tax paying truckers.

They sold me with them having on site testing, several trucks on site (8 I think), and 50 free hours if I don't pass the test the first time. It was a sales pitch, but it seemed bretty gud.

Haven't finalized anything yet, but I will probably be a trucker come February. Going to try for something regional if I can at first. Slightly considering flatbed, but idk.

Updated the pastebin with CDL school info and a few more companies, also.
>>
File: Trucks.jpg (488KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Trucks.jpg
488KB, 2048x1536px
Hey, look what my cousin snapped up today at a service station here in Ausfailure. Couple K100s and a Coronado I think. Man, I wouldn't mind having me one of those V8 Mercedes Benz trucks.
>>
>>14137849
You need to be 21 to drive across state lines. At your age you should focus on getting a career that gets you home every night. Become a plumber/welder/electrician/etc. if college isn't for you. Stay away from construction.

After a few years of this bullshit I'm done, gonna buy some land and grow vegetables.
>>
File: 1449749984917.jpg (52KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1449749984917.jpg
52KB, 454x453px
>>14150959
Not the anon you replied to but my original plan was to save up a lot of money for 3 or 4 years while being a truckerfag and then going back to college to get a degree in something.

But after looking at my options I don't think I want to do that at all. I'd be 30 by the time I saved up enough to go back to college and would be 34 by the time i'd finish. I'd have a fuck ton of debt and a job that pays me not much better than trucking, except i'd be spending 95% of that money on rent, car payment, bills, and student loans. My cousin is a nurse and she has maybe 500~700 a month left after paying for everything, and that's NOT counting any money she decides to put into her savings/retirement... if she decides to put some money away for her retirement then there goes most, if not all, of that 500~700 she has left after paying her bills... and she's one of the lucky ones because nursing is a stable career with plenty of jobs. there are millions out there who are working shit jobs completely unrelated to their degree, have ton of debt and very little job security.

I'd rather remain a truckerfag and watch my bank account go up and up and never have to worry about being out of a job. There are people out there who spend literally months sending out hundreds/thousands of applications so they can get another job where they are in danger of "downsizing" at any moment.
>>
>>14150319
Why are Strayan trucks so ridiculously long but the sleepers still so short? Can you guys really not spare another foot in length for a bigger sleeper in a country as vast as yours?
>>
>>14152078
>watch my bank account go up
I seriously hope you're not keeping all your money in the bank.
Savings accounts are for emergency situations. Don't keep more than what you need to survive for a year or so in there.
After maxing out your 401k and IRA, put the rest in taxable index funds.
>>
So what's the average salary for a trucker?

My brother and I are both unemployed right now and have talked about doing trucking before. If you are team trucking you just swap out every 12 hours to keep the trucking going at all times? Is it possible to make 100k a year?
>>
>>14152674
I make $0.38/mile, average between 2000-2500 miles a week. All the team jobs I saw paid slightly less per mile, but you got paid for every mile the truck moved, not just what you drove. Assuming the truck only goes 4000 miles and you make $0.30/mile, that's $1200 each per week. But I'll bet you'd make much more than that. Just look online.
>>
>>14152095
I don't know why most trucks aren't XXL cabs. You even see day cabs still getting around here which is unheard of in Europe. I know fleet managers are hard on their drivers and expect near impossible feats, so maybe it is the company managers who try to cut corners and spec the fleet out in basic options.

I think the reason they're so long is the distances they cover. To cross continental europe it's a couple thousand kms, whereas here, europe's maximum is our average and it's not unusual for trucks to cover over 4000 ks and so it's more economical for a single truck to carry as much as possible. Most of our cities are more accommodating as well, since they weren't designed over a thousand years ago without foresight for the future and we also have the luxury of space, so we can afford to have nice wide roads almost everywhere. Our regulations have tightened over the years but we are still pretty lax compared to Europe.

Saw one of these in town the other day. Wonder how European trucks cope with our hot climate.
>>
>>14152095
Same reason they did that shit everywhere else; overall length regulations.

>>14152674
I work with O/O teams that gross north of $500k a year. Starting out you'd probably make about $40k a year each.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14153622
>$40k starting
Really? For a team driver? I thought it would be much better, like $60k+

Versus making $38k and having your own truck, fuck being a team driver.
>>
>>14153602
>DAF
Theres this one trucker I see on the way to work that drives a very old DAF as a logging truck. I'm honestly surprised that pos can cope
>>
>>14153708
how the fuck can you eat that duide
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14153755
There was a full rack of ribs underneath the chicken too.

I had a helper tho.
>>
>>14153755
BBQ chicken is fucking delicious. I would totally wreck that dinner...
>>
Do you guys get to see alot of the country? Anyone here ever go cross country? I currently am delivering pizzas and have been for 5 years since I was in college and would love to get a CDL and start trucking.
>>
>>14153792
I did. I wasn't even that hungry since I ate a late lunch. But after tasting how good the ribs and chicken were, I demolished it.

It was my first time ever eating from that place. I have delivered there before and it smelled really, really good. $17 for a full rack of ribs, half chicken, and 2 sides. That's pretty cheap.
>>
>>14153800
>Pizza Delivery ----> CDL
I've been there.
>>
>>14153810
I like Pizza Delivery, Ive worked office jobs before, and in fact I stopped driving to make basically the same as I was delivery driving and hated working in a cubicle, the instant money is addictive as fuck.
>>
>>14153834
I just enjoyed driving around and smoking weed all night. That was my favorite job. Much better than the regular retail and foodservice jobs you can get as a kid.
>>
>>14153708
Rookies fuck up. Put two of them in a truck and they do marginally better at best.

>>14153800
I've crossed the country a few times. This year I'm going to do some intentional tourism since I'll be taking about three months of the year off anyway.
>>
>>14137791
I use to beg my dispatch to let me pass over freight heading through the mountains in Colorado for that same reason, except with icy roads. And a couple feet of snow.
>>
File: 1124150955.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1124150955.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>14134128
centralcalifag here , i hate the fog
>>
File: DqlUHdN.png (344KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
DqlUHdN.png
344KB, 467x453px
I just want a job/career with stable 40 hour weeks, enough pay to live on my own/with no roommates and that doesn't require a fucking 4 year degree.

Why in the fuck is this shit so hard to find in America these days?

I'm 25 years old, live in a rented room at my aunt's and am poor as fucking dirt. I don't even have a car. I can't afford to go and spend 4 god damn years not making any god damn money at a god damn fucking university with their fucking astronomical tuition costs, hidden fees and fucking retarded god damn loan system that requires you to have co-signers with good credit or you're fucked.

i work at a super dead end shit god damn retail job that gives me 4 hrs a week at most because there isn't a god damn soul out buying clothes since the microsecond summer ends. i can't even join the military because of my god damn fucking asthma which has been dormant since i was 19 yet still disqualifies me because any trace of asthma past 12 is an instant disqualifier in the military.

trucking is the last stop for me. there is nothing else out there for me but this. i'm going to become a supper hikki level 80 wizard motherfucker because that's all i have left. i don't give a flying fuck about anything else. im going to live full time in my truck im never coming out of there. all that will matter to me is the miles they give me, the money ill be making. thats all that fucking matters. fuck everything else i just want money because thats what matters in this society above everything else. i am so fucking mad right now i shouldnt have started drinking IVE BEEN PUSHED TO THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING LIMIT
>>
>>14154977
Well, you sure sound like a trucker.
>>
>>14154977
Yup.

Why not look into some computer certifications or something? Trucking isn't that glorious or high paying until you own your own truck.
>>
>>14154977
If you reallt to go to university, you should try other countries. Lots of business and engineering courses are available in english.

And many good schools are cheap. Like Germany is near free.

If you just want to learn a skill you can always go to a tech boot camp, if you have any programming skill then get involved in bounties and skill tests and shit. You have a computer, do shit with it. Learn to code if you don't know already.
>>
>>14154977
Stop being a faggot and look for a staffing agency in your area, they find anyone jobs above min wage. Tell them you know a little about computers and they will hook you up with something decent
>>
>>14154977
Then become a trucker at least long enough to move to a decent area with more opportunity. Henderson will feed you 3 meals a day and a private room while in their school and then pay .38 out of training. Roehl will pay you $500 a week while in the cdl school if you become their indentured servant for over a year. With no transportation, those types of things are probably your best options. Do it, faggot.

>be in Middle Tennessee
>Cheap tuition
>warehouse or auto factory jobs anybody with a clean background can get that pay $10-$13 an hour full time in the cities
>cheapish rent
>No income tax
>Great place to be or become a trucker

Major downside is not a lot of stuff to protect the workers or move up easily without a lot of education. And lots of rural poverty areas too far from everything.
>>
>>14155009
Is though? My CDL instructor pushed us not to lease or go owner/operator because it was just a money pit and needless headache. Granted he was a driver and supervisor for rather large agricultural factory trucking division, so the money is pretty decent.
>>
>>14155275
Leasing, for the average person and company, is just an easy way to get scammed. You can make great money as an owner operator, as Truckerfag can testify, but not without wits and skill.
I suppose it comes down to where you are at and you as a person.
>>
>>14155267
>indentured servant
BTW, regarding this. Yes, you sign a contract that states they'll pay the fee (at a discount for them, natch) and you'll pay them back out of wages earned over time. Typically 100/wk over a year. All that happens if you quit prior is the balance of the loan is due. If you don't go to another trucking company they usually don't sue but will trash your credit like any other loan. Going to another trucking company is more problematic and not predictable as to whether you get sued or not if you don't pay. But honestly if you're reasonably effective a year goes so fast you won't even notice. Just don't go on any dedicated accounts that don't have a minimum pay guarantee.

>tl;dr there are better ways but company paid training isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>14155275
Yeah, don't lease or go o/o without at least a couple of years of being a company driver under your belt. And even then the beginning of being an o/o is going to be rough. Just like starting any other business.
>>
>>14154977
Welcome to the trukku-hikki club. Whiney-kun can be your sempai.
>>
File: 1446112111597.jpg (150KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
1446112111597.jpg
150KB, 575x523px
>>14155395
>>14155267
>>14155148
>>14155066
>>14155009
>>14154997
im going to drive these fucking trucks and im going live in my truck full time and im to save up tens of thousands of dollars and then im going back to fucking college
>>
File: 1451299608236.jpg (129KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
1451299608236.jpg
129KB, 422x437px
>>14155506
i welcome it. for me there is nothing left
>>
File: 1448933042640.jpg (151KB, 1108x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1448933042640.jpg
151KB, 1108x1280px
>>14154977
JUST LET IT ALL OUT ANON
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-02-04-15-02.png (548KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-02-04-15-02.png
548KB, 1080x1920px
If anyone was interested in being a mailbox hauler.

>>14155532
Imma call you whiney-chan.
>>
>>14155532
Yeah, you sure sound mentally stable enough to drive a commercial vehicle. Please don't.
>>
Holy fucking shit!
So, I've had my cdl for a year but mostly drove within the city in a straight truck. Recently, I had started to drop hints to management that I'd like to switch over to OTR/regional in an 18wheeler but they just didn't have enough trucks etc to justify it and I did good/efficient work in the city so my supervisor was semi-hesitant to let me go.

Just got a call this morning that I can switch over to OTR in an 18 Wheeler and be on the road as of tomorrow morning! Fucking pumped! It'll be mostly North East US (PA, NH etc)

It's been a while since I last drove an 18 wheeler or got my license so I'm deff gonna be on my toes for the next few months while driving. Any tips y'all can feed me would be great! (What equipment to bring with me on the truck, any good cellphone plans that work everywhere, etc etc)
>>
>>14157503
Don't fuck up anyone's shit

Verizon has the best coverage, but Sprint is the most useful because of unlimited data, and has OK coverage

Make sure to get the numbers of some mobile mechanic

Always have extra water bottles in case you need to piss, take a shit bucket and a ton of air freshener

Take a lot of cold weather clothing

Never, EVER skip your pre-trip and post-trip inspections, they will always be a pain but will save you trouble in the long run

Don't be afraid to ask anyone for help, most truckers will be glad to help you, the ones that don't aren't worth talking to anyway

Always carry a bit of extra money on you in case whoever you work for can't pay for fuel, keep the receipt and have them pay you back later
>>
>>14155148
Not that guy, but.
That might work in your area, but not on the west coast, at all. In Seattle if you go to a staffing agency without a bachelors degree, the best you can hope for is a 3 month gig in a warehouse somewhere for $1 over minimum wage.

When I was 19 I got my A+, Net+, and MCSA certifications, and set about trying to find a job. Turns out no one gives a fuck what you know about computers if you don't have a BA/BS to back it up. Can't even get a job as a receptionist or data entry. Companies will hire someone with a BA in underwater basket weaving and no other credentials before they hire a HSD chump with every certification on the planet. They think "if he was at all qualified, he would have gone to college, so he must be an unemployable dumbass"

This is also a good reason to move around a lot in your early adulthood, chasing jobs. Find a city/region that will hire you with your skillset for a decent wage.

That's why I'm now studing to be an oncology nurse, in the city with the hemisphere's biggest cluster of cancer treatment centers.
>>
>>14157503
>primarily Northeast

This better be paid hourly and have available parking on both ends or you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>14157592
>Verizon has the best coverage, but Sprint is the most useful because of unlimited data, and has OK coverage

For best of both worlds, might want to look at prepaid providers like Ting - primarily on Sprint for data but free (voice-only) roaming on verizon
>>
>>14157931
yeahhh.......no :(
per mile but it's 50c
It's for auto parts - expedited so parking on either side generally hasnt been an issue in the past.
I'm actually more concerned about the travel/route itself. And that part of the world gets its fair share of snow etc and as someone who has generally driven within metropolitan cities during the winter, it'll be a first to venture out into the interstates in the same climate.

My previous plan of stopping on exit/on-ramps might have to change considering all the stories I've heard of drivers unable to get moving again in the morning thanks to ice/snow buildup. *sigh*
>>
File: 1451767063707.jpg (906KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1451767063707.jpg
906KB, 2048x1152px
>>14158144
I still don't understand why people think sleeping on the on\off ramps is a brilliant idea, it isn't. And in the states you mentioned it's illegal. The guys you see doing that are usually the ones who ran out of time or gave up on finding a spot. Just start the day like two hours earlier and you will probably find a place that's safe to stop. We have one of the most Un observant motorists in the world and you want to be 5ft from them doing a pretrip.
>>
>>14158672
Murrican flag in straya?
>>
File: 20160102_062121.jpg (989KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160102_062121.jpg
989KB, 3264x1836px
FUCK wyoming. Jesus.
>>
File: 1451769769841.jpg (716KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1451769769841.jpg
716KB, 2048x1152px
>>14158777
Hah, no. New phone still working out the kinks
>this man went in for a shower

This morning I attempted to purchase DEF at a loves and got less than a gallon before the pump stopped I asked inside and they informed me that I had to buy a magnet is this a new thing or is Oregon up to its usual shenanigans again?
>>
File: 20160102_144537.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160102_144537.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
God damn it.
The one time I get in and out of the shop for a PM within 24 hours, and 300 miles later it starts running rough and throws 16 fault codes, then won't let me get above 25mph.
I wonder what they fucked up. It was running good right after.
>>
>>14159160
That sounds terribly frustrating. Give someone hell if they fucked it up.

How often do you guys go through windshields? It's barely the middle of winter here, and already I've got two massive cracks and countless chips from road traction gravel. Seems like a yearly replacement.
>>
>>14158144
>50cpm in Northeast
Hell I'm getting a crummy 50cpm running out of Louisville for a couple of hours each way and the cost of living is higher up there.

What I saw of the NE when I was OTR I didn't care for. Lots of traffic and no where to go when your clock was up. I guess running the area you'll learn the figurative holes in the wall that the locals use that aren't readily apparent to outsiders. I suspect that you're not going to like being paid cpm due to traffic and shipper/receivers that don't give a shit about what you have left to do, but maybe I'm wrong and it's a great gig. All you can do is try it. Just have a Plan B
>>
File: IMG_20151113_110655939.jpg (4MB, 2952x5248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151113_110655939.jpg
4MB, 2952x5248px
>>14158672
What's a pretrip? U get out of the truck for that? Is this a new meme or something I missed
>>
>>14159718
Ehh, all you have to do is click "No" on a bunch of boxes in the computer.

But you get flagged for going too fast, so I will hang out for 10min and smoke cigs while slowly clicking "no".
>>
>>14159740
Oh my god that is a whole new level of chickenshit.
My company did away with inspections forms entirely. Now you only fill one out if you find a problem.
This is apparently ok under new DOT rules.
>>
File: 1288490980079.jpg (71KB, 448x604px) Image search: [Google]
1288490980079.jpg
71KB, 448x604px
>>14158928
>>
>>14150959
>Stay away from construction
why's that?
>>
File: 1364409776990.jpg (30KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
1364409776990.jpg
30KB, 367x451px
>>14154790
socal here

>bottom dumps
laffin @ur life
>>
How do female truck drivers pee when there is no restroom around? They certainly can't go in a bottle as far as I know
>>
>>14160824
They use the CB to announce that they need to, and they're surrounded by male truckers in no time at all, fighting to drink it from her because they're that desperate for pussy.
>>
>>14160824
women dont go to the toilet anon
>>
>>14160805
not that anon but, because it destroys your body and roofers have one of the top 5 highest job death rates in the country.
>>
File: 1341000784204.png (600KB, 462x540px) Image search: [Google]
1341000784204.png
600KB, 462x540px
>>14161051
i'm not construction per se but it can be rigorous and as a former neet its done the exact opposite of destroy my body.
>>
>>14157503
>mostly northeast
RIP

>>14157876
Having been employed since I was 16, idktf. Worst case scenario I'd be making $17/hr as a mechanic right now with no certs in a state with a $9 minimum wage. Could be doing as high as $42/hr by now if I'd stuck with the same trajectory I had as a junior in high school making an extra $200 or so a week on the side doing science. I'd probably get laid more than once a year, too.

>>14158110
Pilot has been upgrading their wifi with their LED lighting as of late. Might give it a shot later this month when I'm sure it's all plugged in.

Had to deal with having the incorrect voice antenna card revision in my phone for a while. As an O/O it was absolute hell not being able to get a reliable cell signal. I can't imagine making due with sprint when I have to drive 40 miles out of route just to make a phonecall.

>>14158144
Not to mention parking on ramps is illegal in more and more states.

>>14158672
It's mostly old timers that think lot lizards are going to pound their doors off like it's 1978 if they park in a truck stop. Personally, I wish they'd expand shoulders to make offramp parking possible so I don't have to make 40-70 mile gambles on potential parking spots en route with early morning deliveries/on ramp parking after super late night deliveries near metropolitan centers.

>>14158977
Tried to buy fuel at the TA in Hampshire, IL this week. Their diesel pumps were frozen up and pumping at lower than 1 gallon per minute. I have to pay $2.75/transaction, so I let that shit run for 40 minutes and got 32 gallons. Shit happens at low volume fuel locations that just can't be fixed.

>>14159160
Did the oil filter fall off? Happened to me at Werner, and would happen to me in the next month if I didn't know what to look for.

>>14159243
I get about two years on average out of forward facing glass. The main benefit of a split windshield is it doesn't even matter whether or not you have the passenger side, it's still legal.
>>
>>14158928
Dang, that likely does not factor wind chill either.
>>
>>14161480
I thought it was frozen myself since it wasn't covered like they usually are at this time of year. I didn't really need Def but I figured it was low enough to warrant a fill. It was more the attendant implying I had to buy the 15 dollar magnet to pump DEF that irked me. That and the paper notice at TA saying you can't pay for showers after Jan 4th without an oyster card.
>>
>>14153602
>Wonder how European trucks cope with our hot climate.

They do extremely well. New DAF's these days are pretty much cabover kenworths, alot of the parts are kenworth branded.
>>
>>14158977
Doesn't your DEF tank have the magnet in the filler neck?

They have it setup like that due to too many idiots filling their diesel tank with def
>>
>>14140892
if you know what that is ... it is inevitable your already a Cuck for life
>>
>>14159516
Nothing really compares to trying to park near Seattle for free.

>>14159718
Real cheeky, m8. Is that granite? Never built an A-frame before.

>>14160004
Your technically only have to fill one out any time you have a new power unit or trailer. That being said, during drop and hook it was all
>n
>enter
>n
>enter
and if you forgot to do it in any 24 hour period you got your ass handed to you.

>>14160805
It's highly seasonal, and often doesn'tpay enough for all the sitting and waiting you'll be doing.

>>14160824
Bruh, they just piss in jars.

>>14161136
>>14161051
>not sure that either anon understands the scope of "construction" in trucking
Acoustical ceiling hardware has been some of my most lucrative freight, averaging $3.75/mi on 400+ miles.

>>14161623
>oyster card
Wut.
>>
>>14161788
its a company truck. From like 2 years ago so I imagine so. I'm more concerned about all that being to stop people from filling Def with diesel, I'd have stopped with the blue cap and been fine.
>>14162274
Old people card. Used for bus passes and discounts in Brittain
>>
>>14162460
You can't fit the diesel bowser into the filler neck of DEF tanks, not the ones I have seen.
>>
>>14162274
Nothing really compares to trying to park near Seattle for free
There's 2 rest areas with trucker parking near seattle, one south of everett, one north of tacoma, both in the inbound direction.

Also, in Seattle proper, 4th Ave S and pretty much every surrounding city street from I-90 down to city limits is fair game and free of charge from 6 PM to 7 AM. The whole neighborhood turns into a ghost down after the evening rush hour, nobody street parking except the folks living in their cars.

But there's hardly any formal truck stops. 1 Loves on the indian reservation near Tacoma, an Ernies in Kent, and a TA out in North Bend.

I should go buy some cheap land by the pierce/king county line, open up a truck stop, and charge an arm and a leg for parking.
>>
found this tip for yous out there,

Coronado Trucks do well in Austrian summer, head east through the border into Hungary and the climate is about 3-5 degress C cooler get about 10-15HP more, as the ECU runs cooler so data transfer from the engine to other components via the wiring harness can be greatly reduced as a result.
>>
File: images7iki.jpg (5KB, 135x90px) Image search: [Google]
images7iki.jpg
5KB, 135x90px
daf is owned by paccar company, which is another crappy yank company.
>>
File: e6371.jpg (58KB, 420x279px) Image search: [Google]
e6371.jpg
58KB, 420x279px
this is my cousin yes...
>>
>>14162987
and he make a car like dis one that his friend yoko maked.
>>
>>14137849

Learn a trade. Im a heavy industrial mechanic and I gross 100k a year. 0 collage, 0 classes, 100% otj training.
>>
File: 31349-6626157.jpg (148KB, 2122x1500px) Image search: [Google]
31349-6626157.jpg
148KB, 2122x1500px
thinking about starting up a daily dredger thread on this tread,
oh and by the way nice water scooter mate, looking forward to more tornados mate.
>>
>>14163011
so want to use a dredger to spray sea water all over some expensive cars, a little salt water never hurt anyone.
>>
File: 0bcc240f_ANP_28066174.jpg (273KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
0bcc240f_ANP_28066174.jpg
273KB, 960x636px
look what some bitch did to the wiring on my old dredger.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>14163027
wow, that is terrible, just the though of seeing that in something i owned would be worser then chernobyl.
>>
File: PjdDkUe.jpg (36KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
PjdDkUe.jpg
36KB, 604x453px
>>14163041
Look what happened to me volvo over the weekend. Some cunt ran out in front of me and I had to slam me brakes on or I would have been up his ass like a fine wine. Ages gracefully.
>>
File: 5439167261_4b81078bb7_b.jpg (346KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5439167261_4b81078bb7_b.jpg
346KB, 1024x768px
>>14163056
ah fuck ya, ya fuckin bastard look at me fuckin freightliner. fuck ya off out of ere with that german made piece of shit
>>
>>14163003
Same here, roughly same pay. What industry?
>>
>>14163056
>not just pressing the brakes softly and slamming into that back of the car teaching them not to cutoff trucks anymore

oi mate you're not very bright are you
>>
>>14145096
Fleet controller here.

One of my drivers knocked a guy out for refusing to move and I refused to fire him.
Ate shit from upper management, but he's a good driver and he was dispensing justice.
>>
>Get to consignee
>Gonna play some vidya with friends online
>Inverter not working
Fuck.
>>
>>14165640
That's awesome.

Sometimes when I'm delivering to gas stations, I will be parked where the fuel truck has to go because that is the only spot I can fit. They normally honk and wait in the street or leave me room to get my truck out, and I have no problem moving as long as I'm done unloading the stuff.

But one time dude in the fuel truck pulled into the gas station and totally blocked any route I had of getting out aside from backing around a million pumps. He was all pissy and I just told him he's a dumbass and shoulda waited in the street. Made his ass back out into traffic before I did anything. People are ignorant.
>>
File: e34648743.jpg (49KB, 632x467px) Image search: [Google]
e34648743.jpg
49KB, 632x467px
After two months of private cdl school, today I passed all tests on the first try for class A.

feelsgood man.

Tommorrow is the time to go the DMV and to followup my pre-hire application at prime.
>>
>>14167252
grats. I hope to be where you're at by july
>>
File: FodgeII.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
FodgeII.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>14133292
Does my Fodge hauling around stuff make me a truckerfag?
>>
>>14167791
Can it haul 80,000 pounds?
>>
>>14145919

The North Face has a goretex rain jacket you can get with/without a zip-out fleece. Good at keeping you dry. Also reasonably fashionable.
>>
>>14168079
Possibly in 4x4 low range in first gear on level ground. If by 'haul' you mean move very slowly on a dolly thing hooked to the hitch, then I suppose.
>>
File: DFasd.jpg (115KB, 774x464px) Image search: [Google]
DFasd.jpg
115KB, 774x464px
Sup truckfags, what the fuck is pic related? I occasionally see prime movers with these things rigged over the center of their driven wheels, supported by brackets (or pipes) that go up over and between the guards. I also occasionally see what looks like an odometer set in the center of one of the hubs, which appears to be free to float within the wheel, allowing it to stay upright as the wheel rotates. Is this all odometry? Why this and not the clock on the speedo?
>>
>>14154977
Find an apprenticeship in a trade, you turd. Go be a plumber.
>>
>>14168167

Because now the lying shitbag trucker has to try to reset/fudge TWO odometers, instead of just one. Makes it harder for him to skirt legal restrictions on driving distance/time/etc.
>>
>>14168167
air hoses for keeping tire pressures. Have you ever seen a trucker at the 25 cent gas station air pump?
>>
>>14133292
Want to get my CDL.
Should I go to a company that will train and employ me for a fee, or study hard and do it myself?
>>
File: george.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
george.gif
903KB, 300x200px
>>14168236

>get my CDL
>study hard

If you were capable of the latter you wouldn't want to get the former.
>>
>>14168280
KEK
>>
>>14140732
why does reefer driver have so much downtime
>>
>>14168336
live load / unloads.
>>
>>14168192
Not him but I looked into becoming an HVAC and apparently the market for that is fucking awful if you can't luck out and find a stable maintenance gig. There are trade school diploma mills who charge people 20k and then push em out into a shitty job market, further flooding it.

I've also heard horror stories of unions being incredibly tight knit where nepotism runs rampant. My local union only takes apps once a year and sometimes they've gone 2 years without taking apps.

Everyone says "get into a trade!! they're great!" but the truth is a lot of trades are incredibly unstable and hard to even get into if you don't have connections.
>>
>>14168280
>College is free
Okay
>>
>>14168372

>study hard
>college is literally free

Ever heard of scholarships? UNCF? Think, dumb dumb.
>>
>>14168365
>My local union
Is it the only one? Steamfitters, millwrights, ironworkers, boilermakers, capenters, sheet metal workers, are just a few that come to mind.
>>
>>14168079
>only being able to haul 80k lbs
>>
>>14168365
I've never heard of anybody ever saying "goddamn why can't I find a job as a plumber."
>>
>>14168167
The hub odometer is so they know how much the trailer has traveled if they sevice it based on distance.
>>
>>14168280
#REKT
>>
>>14168365
>Everyone says "get into a trade!! they're great!" but the truth is a lot of trades are incredibly unstable and hard to even get into if you don't have connections.

HVAC techs are slob idiots, you don't want to do that. Be an electrician, gasfitter, steamfitter,or plumber. There is always work available for them, especially if you get in with a big company. They'll assign you commercial/fleet work, and you'll have a regular 9-5 job with benefits.
>>
>>14168498
>>14168425
i will look into these. thank you
>>
>>14168365

The trades are full of a lot of retards, that's the biggest problem. There are a lot of them out there, but a LOT of them are also completely unreliable idiots who do half-assed or shitty work.

If you can prove yourself to be professional, and consistently produce quality work, you will make a VERY good living. Just don't fuck it up by blowing all of your money on stupid shit and knocking up 3 different broads so you have a boatload of brats to support. I know an electrician who is really great at what he does, very professional.
But he liked to party pretty hard, and has been married twice. Has 7 kids and two bitch ex-wives that take most of what he makes. He busts his ass and puts in a ton of overtime, but drives a shitty old Honda Civic with blown shocks. Guy probably pulls in about $100,000 a year with all the overtime he does, lives in a shithole apartment.

So just be smart, don't get sucked into the doofus culture that trades often embody, and treat it like a career, not just some job.
>>
>>14168498
>There is always work available for them, especially if you get in with a big company. They'll assign you commercial/fleet work, and you'll have a regular 9-5 job with benefits.

LOL. You don't know the first thing about trade unions. 9-5 job? Regular? What planet do you live on?
>>
>>14168540
>So just be smart, don't get sucked into the doofus culture that trades often embody, and treat it like a career, not just some job.

You do realize that doofus culture requires you to attend night classes and be and apprentice during the day for a minimum of 4 years, right? You are not an electrician or plumber from attending tech school for 18 months.
>>
File: bawww.png (939KB, 842x752px) Image search: [Google]
bawww.png
939KB, 842x752px
>>14168587
>LOL. You don't know the first thing about trade unions. 9-5 job? Regular? What planet do you live on?

I worked construction for a while, alongside plumbers and electricians. They were all unionized, and worked Monday to Friday, 7am to 4pm. The plumbers even had their tools paid for by the company, and owned them if they stayed for at least 12 months.

It's entirely possible if you work COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL construction. If you work for a small electrical company or a local plumber, obviously you're on-call and dealing with odd-hours and other bullshit.

So don't do that. Apply to large companies, particularly ones that do commercial/residential, or industrial contracts. That's where you'll make the most money anyways.

They kept pressuring me to join them, but I am in college and just don't want to work in a trade. If I ever did, it would be very easy to get into.

Not sure what shithole country or state you live in, but it's not at all how you seem to think it is. Sorry you're so ignorant.
>>
>check my local pipefitters
>they last took applications in march of 2014 and there is zero word of when they'll be taking any again
lol
>>
>>14168601

Which is why there is such a high washout rate. My friend is constantly complaining that he can't get enough qualified guys on his crew, and that he's sick of training some guy for 6 months only to see him fuck off and drop the training. It's a waste of time and energy for everyone involved, but because it requires a certain level of dedication, there are a lot of losers who quit and look for something easier. Every general labourer I know was enrolled in some kind of trade at one point, and quit. They figure they can make $26/hour to pick up garbage and dig holes, so why invest the time and energy in a trade where they make less (initially), and have to apprentice for years.

But there is absolutely a doofus culture, all of the painters/drywallers/metal stud guys/formwork guys/masons/etc. are fucking retarded monkeys. You can't work around them for 9 hours a day and not be exposed to that low-brow culture. The drinking/smoking/drugs/partying is too tempting for a lot of people.
>>
>>14168634
So, a college boy, who worked as a nigger laborer on a construction site, is telling me, a union millwright, how this works? Fuck off back to your books son. Maybe someday you'll see what I bring home in a year, but I doubt it.
>>
>>14168648
>You can't work around them for 9 hours a day and not be exposed to that low-brow culture.

You sure think highly of yourself. You think posting on the chons makes you some sort of intellectual? In fact, why the fuck are you in a thread on trucking? I at least have a CDL. I'm sure you're too upper echelon for that.
>>
>>14168668
so what does your job entail? what is a typical day for you like and how did you become a union millwright?
>>
>>14168685
Show up for work, grab a coffee, get my work orders for the day, go install, repair, or maintain machinery. It's hot, dirty, greasy, cold or hot, it stinks, and it doesn't get any easier as you get older. I'm 40, but I'll take this any day over watching my ass fill out to fill an office chair. I might add, I don't work out of a union hall. I am a permanent maintenance employee of one company. Just under a different union.
>>
>>14168700
Guess i said hot twice. Well, it's a fucking steel mill.
>>
>>14168700
so you did a union apprenticeship first and then found a job with that company? thanks
>>
File: 20150731_154512.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20150731_154512.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>14168668

Oh my god.

Please let this be a troll post.

No one is this low-brow.

>the old "college boy" meme
>the old "hehehe I'm rich son I work with MUH HANDS" meme

The weirdest thing is that you people exist in droves on the internet, but I've never actually met someone like you in real life. Granted, I never really made an effort to socialize with the aforementioned retarded monkeys, so it's possible they hold similar opinions to yours. All of the skilled trades weren't at all shitty about someone getting an education, especially not someone who's willing to work one of the shittiest jobs available.

Sorry you're so bitter and entitled. Maybe you should've had to work a little harder in life, you might be a bit more humble and respecting of others.

And nothing I've said about unions or work schedules is remotely inaccurate, that's exactly how it was and continues to be. Maybe you shouldn't be a millwright if your company has you working such a shitty job and shitty hours. Maybe you should become a skilled trade, like an electrician, and you can work regular hours.
>>
>>14168705
No, actually, when I was 20, I got hired by a tool and die company(all of them are non union here). They sent me to night school for 4 years, and I had to work 8000 hours as an apprentice. I stayed in that trade for 10 years. As that market died, I left and got a job as a laborer at the steel company. Did that for about a year, and a job bid came up for a millwright apprentices, in plant. That entailed having enough seniority to get the bid, plus passing a bunch of aptitude tests.
>>
File: 140459285108.png (195KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
140459285108.png
195KB, 576x432px
>>14168700

>too stupid to get a real job
>settles for being a factory grunt
>tries to convince /o/tistic posters that he is proud of his crappy job

top lel

>>14168679

no one is even talking about truckers here m8, calm your tits
>>
File: watermelon.jpg (139KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon.jpg
139KB, 600x630px
>>14168700
>I'm 40, but I'll take this any day over watching my ass fill out to fill an office chair.

Because everyone who goes to college automatically gets stuck sitting in an office chair every day for the rest of their life.
>>
>>14168713
>The weirdest thing is that you people exist in droves on the internet, but I've never actually met someone like you in real life.

Thats because you don't talk shit in real life. Period. What the fuck is that picture of, anyhow? Supposed to impress me? Millwrights are an extension of the carpenters, faggot. Plus, I built my own house. Also, you're a faggot slob if that is your job site. Keep throwing electrician out there, since apparently that covers the breadth of your knowledge of trades. I'm not tough guying it up here, but I just know you wouldn't talk shit in person. You're probably better than that. College boy.
>>
>>14168724
>too stupid to get a real job
I make 6 figures, and a pension
>>settles for being a factory grunt
No, the grunts clean up the area before I arrive on the scene.
>>tries to convince /o/tistic posters that he is proud of his crappy job
I'll give you that, it is pretty crappy. But it pays the bills.
>>
File: v352mz.jpg (72KB, 437x636px) Image search: [Google]
v352mz.jpg
72KB, 437x636px
>>14168723
>>14168700
>>14168668
>old
>racist
>ignorant
>smug as fuck
>trying to impress others on 4chans with his shitty factory drone job
>>
>>14168713
got any after pictures of the miss you cleaned up, mr laborer?

>>14168587
Probably a civilized nation.
>>
>>14168733
>Because everyone who goes to college automatically gets stuck sitting in an office chair every day for the rest of their life.

The rest of them end up getting cucked by union workers. Seriously, every line and maintenance foreman hired in the last 10 years at the fortune 500 company I work at has been an engineer, be it mechanical, electrical, or chemical. An engineering degree is the new high school diploma. They start at 40k a year, may see 65k if they're lucky. No pension, shitty benefits, and get fired regularly. I would refuse to work under such peon terms.
>>
File: watchtheworldburn.jpg (31KB, 604x445px) Image search: [Google]
watchtheworldburn.jpg
31KB, 604x445px
>>14168745
LOL. Your jelly is showing.
>>
File: hahaha.gif (456KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.gif
456KB, 160x159px
>>14168738

>don't talk shit in real life

I don't start fights with strangers, if that's what you're saying. I already told you I didn't talk to the retarded monkeys, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to reiterate that a second time. They backed their work vehicles into other peoples' cars all the time, shit in finished houses, pissed in duct work, never wore their safety gear, and were the most unpleasant fucks I ever had to work alongside.

So why the hell would I want to talk to them, let alone start a fight with them? At my place of employment, no less?

That's a picture a house under construction, all residential construction is messy like that. It's how drywallers work, they're retarded monkeys who make gigantic messes and leave tripping hazards everywhere they go.

To be honest familia, I'm not really concerned with impressing you. I think it's pretty clear you belong where you work, as an unskilled tradesman doing basic grunt work. Not sure why you're so bitter, this whole thing started because you think your specific union is the universal end-all of trade unions.

You sound like a slack-jawed yokel, the kind of trash I specifically avoid because they have a chip on their shoulder. Sorry you're so bitter that a "college boy" has done both hard grunt work and is getting an education. My guess is that you were too poor/stupid to get into college, so you've embodied this "blue collar tough guy" image to dispel your personal dismay with all of your shortcomings.

Keep you chin up doofus, maybe you'll get to retire by the time you're 65. If your house doesn't collapse and kill you first. :)

Also you are mad as fuq right now.
>>
>>14168780
i didn't post that, but he is right dude

that old fag is smug as fuck and has no right to be

he works a shitty factory job that anyone can do, there's nothing to be proud of there

and the fact that he's talking so much shit about college says a lot about his overall mindset

sounds like a dumbass redneck who learned to use a computer
>>
>>14168781
I see a lot of words that don't apply to me. Apparently, your cut rate college didn't teach you basic reading skills. Unskilled, grunt work, bitter...none of these apply to me, really. You seem to be the party here with a crumpled rump. As far as retiring by 65, I have a defined benefit pension. Since I started at age 30, I can retire at 60, in fact. Also, being Gen X, I didn't plan on having a pension, so I started a pretty sweet ass 401k when I was 20. Have fun, college cuck.
>>
>>14168780
>being condescending as fuck and repeatedly calling someone "college boy"
Yeah, you're totally not the jelly one here.
>>
File: H2R.jpg (110KB, 751x599px) Image search: [Google]
H2R.jpg
110KB, 751x599px
>>14168738
>Keep throwing electrician out there

Why are you talking shit about electricians now? I guarantee a 1st year apprentice electrician knows as much as you do. Also why are you acting like such a cunt? You're a millwright, you literally take things apart and put them back together based on a diagram. 10 year olds with lego sets do the same fucking thing.

>>14168744

>hurrr durr I make 6 figures and a pension

Lots of jobs do that, and they don't have to work in a shitty steel mill sucking in toxic fumes so they can die of cancer at age 50. You have a shit job man, I guess that explains why you're such a cunt about people being electricians or plumbers or whatever.
>>
>>14168789
Holy fuck, you're mad too. I do work in a factory, and no, you could not do my job. Bro, I see the posts on here. You are part of a very stupid generation. I'm sorry, but I see it all the time. If my workplace is a microcosm of the nation in general, you are fucked. I'm almost one of the youngest guys out of 200 in the maintenance dept. Please, come take up the slack so I don't have to work overtime. But, this generation lacks the skills. I feel sorry for you faggots, in a way. As far as learning to use a computer, faggot, I've been shitposting before you were born. 1993 was when I signed on, and never looked back.
>>
>>14168831
>waah waah you damn millennials
fuck off
>>
>>14168825
Tell me about your pension.
>>
>>14168810

Who do you think designs the machines you repair all day? Or engineers the factory you work in? Or the car you drive to get there? Or the alloys used in the tools you hold every day?

College boys.

Go to college and get a real job, then you can talk shit. So long as you're an unskilled pleb greasemonkey working some shit job in a factory, you're lower on the totem pole.
You probably couldn't even afford one year at the shittiest local college.

Takes a big man to pick fights on a Malaysian basketweaving fan board.
>>
File: 138837893303.jpg (19KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
138837893303.jpg
19KB, 300x354px
>>14168831

>HURRRR DURRRR FUCKIN MILLENIAL BRATS
>IN MY DAY
>THIS NEW GENERATION
>KIDS THESE DAYS
>I TELL YA WHAT
>>
>>14168840
>Who do you think designs the machines you repair all day? Or engineers the factory you work in? Or the car you drive to get there? Or the alloys used in the tools you hold every day?

But, anon, you will never get one of those jobs. You might end up as my boss, and I will fuck you up the ass every day. I'm not saying you shouldn't have one of those jobs, but you won't. I don't know you, but I am friends with a lot of management from where I work, and they are smart, probably good engineers, but, the job market today has your skill watered down to nothing. I'm sorry.
>>
>>14168849
Yep, pretty much. And get the fuck off my lawn. You'll never be able to say that, unless you inherit your home from your dead boomer parents. 23 years on past high school, I am doing as well, or better, financially, than most of my peers. Your outcome will be the same.
>>
>>14168840
>You probably couldn't even afford one year at the shittiest local college.
On that note, my union paid for me to go to school to get my CDL. Thought I might say that again since this is a trucking thread. Again, why are you in this thread if you future is so bright? You must be a faggot.
>>
I thought this thread was about trucking
>>
File: image.jpg (397KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397KB, 1024x683px
>>14168838

Not him, but I can tell you about my pension if you'd like. It's a 50/30 with defined benefits. So long as I am aged 50, and have 30 years of service, I can retire with full pension. 70% of my best three years, adjusted for inflation.

Considering I work for the government, my salary is quite decent. My pay grid tops out at $108,000, not including overtime. I am nowhere near retiring, but my previous mentor and trainer retired last fall under similar conditions. In his final year he made $119,000, and slightly less the previous two. He lives a very comfortable life, and our health benefits are second to none. Not to mention we get a fully-funded state funeral when we die.

People are right to call you an asshole, you're really behaving like one. There's nothing wrong with going to college, it's the way things are now. You don't have to like it, but to shit on someone for getting an education is just ridiculous. Based on the stuff you've been posting, I'd say most of these young punks, as you seem to think they are, are a hell of a lot brighter than you.
>>
>>14168868
It was, then a bunch of butt hurt college boys whose lives aren't panning out, so they're thinking they can make the big bucks driving a truck because they are nothing more than rednecks with a university backing chimed in.
>>
>>14168850

fuckin grasping at straws m8, you're pathetic

>hahaha stupid college boy
>u so dumb i gots the best job fixing machines all day
>but college educated people build those machines
>but NOT U UR STUPID U WONT BE MY BOSS BECAUSE I SAID SO HAHAHAHAHAHA

what a fuckin retard...

i hope your arms get ripped off in one of those machines, so you can no longer type the stupid shit you do
>>
>>14168875
>Considering I work for the government,
Stopped reading there.

Okay, I'm a glutton for punishment, I read the rest.
>are a hell of a lot brighter than you.

Yeah, It's pretty bright, taking on 60k in debt before you are 22. Faggot.
>>
>>14168868

It was until a butthurt poorfag started bitching about "college boys", and proclaimed himself the sole authority on trade unions because he works as a lowly grunt in some steel factory.

He's literally the only person in this thread shitting it up.
>>
>>14168875
you're a cop?

i've thought about government work but when i go to usajobs.gov it seems like they all require college degrees or years and years of experience.

Plus, i heard they take like 6+ months if they decide to get back to you about your app
>>
>>14168881
>i hope your arms get ripped off in one of those machines, so you can no longer type the stupid shit you do
Hahaha...keep hoping faggot. I'm the guy that locks out the machinery. Safety first, you know. Now go make my coffee. Did I tell you I'm licensed to drive a commercial vehicle too? My options are wonderful. I have a good life, a nice home, a wife, and two teenage daughters. I know, I should have waited till I was 40 to have kids. But I'm a loser, so I didn't. However, I don't live with my parents. Or room mates. Imagine that.
>>
>>14168885

I have a university degree and I don't have any debt. I worked during high school, for a year after high school, and throughout university. Combined with about $10,000 from my parents and grandparents, a few bursaries, and a scholarship, I only had to take a little over $11,000 in loans.

I had that paid off within two years of starting work.

So you hate "college boys", you hate anyone who works for government, and you essentially hate anyone who knows something you don't.

It's funny, because people with your attitude are a big part of my business. Thing is, most of you aren't nearly as tough when you're not behind a computer screen.
>>
>>14168905
you have such a great life that you're desperately trying to prove it to 4chan.. lol.
>>
>>14168888
Poorfag? Hardly. I'm at a point in my life where I'm financially comfortable enough to entertain truck driving as a career. I did everything I had to do, son.
>>
>>14168912
Breh, I don't care if you think I'm tough or not. I don't care about you, your degree, what you do, or what you think of me. You are nothing, the same as I am. Get the fuck out of this thread. You are too good for truckers. Again, I at least have a CDL. You are here because you aren't making enough money with your degree, and you're thinking about trucking. I'm here because I wanna truck for fun. That's the truth. I'll rape your asshole at a truckstop.
>>
>>14168914
lol that's all the ammo you have? Back to community college with you. Can we talk about trucking now?
>>
File: 5362295254_502fd34612.jpg (149KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
5362295254_502fd34612.jpg
149KB, 500x334px
>>14168891

I am a police officer, but I am Canadian so I can't really weigh in on applications outside of my country. I can say, however, that the vast majority of police officers in my country have university degrees. Even those who were hired 20 or 30 years ago have degrees, they simply took part-time studies and earned their degree while they worked. It takes longer, but it's something valuable in both a personal and a professional manner. One of my professors was a former police officer, he held a BA and a BSc, a MA, and an LLB. He was a practicing lawyer, too.

The application process is probably tedious and lengthy no matter where you are, it took about 5 months for me. Once you are hired, though, things move very quickly. It's an amazing job, probably one of the few professions that constantly challenges you, draws on intellectual skills as well as tradecraft, and encourages you to continuously improve yourself.
>>
>>14168929
>>14168926
this level of shitposting... you are a sad sack of shit and if i ever see you at a truckstop im knocking you out
>>
>>14168917

>my shitty grunt job as a slave in a factory is killing my body
>i need something where i can sit on my ass in a truck all day
>and stuff funions and mountain dew down my gullet

>BUT I'LL NEVER WORK IN AN OFFICE MAN
>NO WAY AM I SITTING IN AN OFFICE CHAIR ALL DAY DUDE
>THAT'S FOR SUCKERS
>>
>>14168944
>>14168926
>>14168917

tidal wave of butthurt shitposting
>>
ITT: cunty old bluecollar fag gets BTFO by slick dick college boy

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>14168944
LOL...you wish. I'll fucking beat you to death with my gun. 10mm is too expensive to waste on a pleb. You won't do shit to me. Give me your name and phone number, tough guy. Wow...I haven't seen anyone this mad online since the early 2000s lmao
>>
>>14168950
>>i need something where i can sit on my ass in a truck all day
>>and stuff funions and mountain dew down my gullet

>implying this is a bad life.
>>
>>14168926
>You are here because you aren't making enough money with your degree, and you're thinking about trucking

kek, an entry level job that requires a college degree pays more than most truckers make in a year

if you white trash losers didnt blow all of your pay on ciggies and budweiser you might actually get to retire before age 75

never seen so much jealousy over a college kid

so pathetic
>>
>>14168972
>LOL
>lmao
>in the same post
yeah you're not mad or anything, lol.
>>
File: face.jpg (15KB, 385x216px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
15KB, 385x216px
>this thread
>>
>>14168966
Seems like I'm the one doing the blowing the fuck out. I have stated that I'm content, own a home, have many job opportunities, plus a CDL, raised my kids, have a wife....not really seeing where I'm blown out or mad. I see a lot of young college cucks getting asshurt, threatening me(lol). I'm just trying to help. At least that's what I tried to do starting out. If you think me telling you how it is is bragging, sorry for you son, I got 99 reasons I like my life, and you got none.
>>
>>14168926
>Breh, I don't care if you think I'm tough or not.

But you're not tough, you're a little bitch baby who likes to talk shit on the internet. Probably some fat shit manlet who wouldn't dare do it in real life.

Sounds like you need a good ass kicking. Or maybe you were molested as a kid. Probably both.
>>
>>14168983
>if you white trash losers didnt blow all of your pay on ciggies and budweiser

Don't smoke. Chew snuff. Yep. For over 24 years now, and no cancer. Also, I don't drink beer. Or anything. But vodka. Not jealous of your indoctrination, boy. Stay jelly.
>>
>>14169002
>40 years old
>ranting about millennials and pretending he knows everything about trades
>constantly telling people his life is good
>challenging people to fights IRL
>on 4chan
There is no way you are happy with your life. You sound like a manic depressive and are going to kill yourself sooner or later. :^)
>>
>>14169002

So you work a shit job in some greasy steel factory, own a house (this isn't an accomplishment, every other nigger owns a house too), and knocked up some nasty bitch and got stuck with a few kids with down syndrome. And for some reason you think having a CDL is an accomplishment.

Fucking lol, I wish my life was as pathetic and worthless as yours, and that I could be as content as you with such pathetic, meager trappings.

You're poor as fuck if you had to build your own house, too. Anyone with money would've just bought a house or had it custom-built. Fucking lol.
>>
>>14169004
Well maybe you should rise to the challenge of fixing that. But you won't. Now fucking stop it. I like Truckerfag threads, and you homos are ruining it.
>>
>>14169018

>I don't smoke or drink beer
>I chew mouth tobacco and drink vodka

Enjoy your mouth cancer and cirrhosis.
>>
>>14169002
jimbob stop bragging about your factory grunt job and go back to molesting your daughters
>>
>>14169022
>You sound like a manic depressive and are going to kill yourself sooner or later. :^)

Nope. I know you're not as smart as I am for starters. Or as cold. I used to scan obituaries for job openings.
>>
>>14169027
>So you work a shit job in some greasy steel factory, own a house (this isn't an accomplishment, every other nigger owns a house too),
You don't own a house, do you? Trucks, this thread is about trucking. Pls help, truckerfags.
>>
>>14169022

pretty much this 2bh familia

i'm laughing my ass off at him though

i bet he'll die in some industrial accident or get hit by a car or something, people that stupid never live a really long time

or he'll get cancer from the industrial solvents and chemicals he breaths in every day, and his family will go bankrupt trying to pay his medical bills

probably die in some shithole palliative care ward, penniless
>>
>>14169035
>Enjoy your mouth cancer and cirrhosis.
40 and still truckin, faggot. No problems. Sure is nice having Cadillac bennies.
>>
File: 1397288575629.jpg (97KB, 556x556px) Image search: [Google]
1397288575629.jpg
97KB, 556x556px
>>14169002

>40 years old
>raised my kids

Hahahahaha when the FUCK did you have your kids? What were you like 20 years old? No wonder you had to get some shit job in a factory, you knocked the dumb bitch up too young and couldn't get any other job.

It's like a white trash soap opera, the story is almost always the same.

That would explain why you're so mad about college boy shitting on trades, because you're the kind of idiot he was talking about, blowing your money on stupid shit and having a bunch of dumb kids that take all your money.

Hahahahaha what a fucking loser you are
>>
>>14169069
he probably fucks his daughters too. he sounds like a typical backwoods hick.
>>
>>14169054
>i bet he'll die in some industrial accident or get hit by a car or something, people that stupid never live a really long time
>or he'll get cancer from the industrial solvents and chemicals he breaths in every day, and his family will go bankrupt trying to pay his medical bills
>probably die in some shithole palliative care ward, penniless
You can keep wishing, faggot. I have better benefits than you'll ever see. I have a union behind me, so we get proper safety gear. Nope. I'll keep on keepin on, and you will be the one that dies sucking nigger cock, with your shitty apartment, living with strangers, while I have the Norman Rockwell Xmas with my family, church on Sundays, being an old fuck taking care of my lawn. Life is good. Mine is. Yours isn't.
>>
>>14169062

Dude you're barely half way through your expected life, that's not really a milestone. You'll probably get cancer when you're 45 or 50 and they'll amputate your jaw or some shit. Then you can eat ground up dog shit through a straw while people recoil in terror at your hideously disfigured visage.

What a great thread this turned out to be, and it only took one retarded factory hillbilly to derail the whole fuckin thing.
>>
>>14169069
>Hahahahaha when the FUCK did you have your kids?
My kids were born when I was in my 20s. I was making 42k a year back in 1999 as an apprentice, at age 24. Sorry your life sucks.
>>
>>14169082
Hey faggot, I'm probably one of 7 people here with a CDL. I want to talk about trucks. You faggots attacked me when I dropped some reality on your asses.
>>
>>14169079

>MUH UNION

Lolololololololol you are the cancer that is killing America. You people are the reason North American vehicles are such shit, because MUH UNION needs $30 an hour to stick steering columns in vehicles.

Your work is unskilled shitwork, we could hire illiterate niggers to do it for $4 a day if it weren't for the unions. Without a union you'd probably be in prison or working at a Walmart.

I instantly ignore anyone who starts talking about MUH UNION, it's the most retarded mentality.
>>
>all this shitposting started from my post about the trades
I am so sorry.
>>
>>14168840
>all this coming from someone who is still in school
so tell me big man, what classes you taking? you plan on even finishing them? or you gonna end up like to 70%+ of dumb shits who never ever get employed in their chosen field? or like the 30%+ of dumb shits who dont even fucking graduate roflmao
>>
>>14169092
No, I made a living as a non union worker too. Sorry. See my earlier post. Skillz, my friend. Just because you can't move beyond the grocery store because of education, or autism, or just being a faggot, doesn't mean the rest of us can't. Wishing death on me won't help, either.
>>
File: hansen.jpg (12KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
hansen.jpg
12KB, 450x675px
>>14169084

>having kids this young
>not actually planning out your life like a mature human being
>knocking up some dumb slut
>having to take some shit factory job because you have to support a fat sow and her disgusting shitlord offspring
>leaving her just means you'll be stuck paying child support and alimony
>settle into decades-worth of blue collar white trash life
>internalize the depressing, mundane, worthless aspects of your existence
>externalize them as symbols of pride
>deep inside you know your life is shit
>you wish you'd gone to college
>you hate doing the same menial tasks every day
>your joints ache and you wish for death every morning
>see young college kids having fun getting laid and partying
>insane jealousy brews in you
>spew hatred and vitriolic nonsense at them

This is your life. How fucking sad. If you get the chance at work, you should probably just kill yourself. Maybe your accidents and that slob who holds the furniture down will get some kind of shitty life insurance payout. Probably not a lot considering you work a shitty job, but it'd be enough to buy a Dodge Journey or something. You know, for them to live in when the bank takes the house.
>>
>>14169098
>I am so sorry.
Don't be. It brings the faggots into the light. Also shows what they think of us.
>>
>>14169107
Not him, but I'm in engineering. All the shit talking about college is pretty lame, considering I'll get a job before I even graduate, and I'll be making more than you as my base salary.

Keep talking shit about college though. Probably just jealous of the 21 year old who is now your boss, makes more money than you, and gets to tell you what to do despite not having your "experience".
>>
>>14169092
>implying literally all fields of engineering, ict etc etc all that gay nerd shit cant be, and isnt, being outsourced to punjabis
enjoy working in mcdonalds like the rest of the college losers. but at least youll be able to go home and use your "education" to argue on the internet right roflmao

maybe you should have dedicated your time to a proper way of making money instead of buying into bullshit and filling others pockets
>>
>>14169098

You didn't do anything, the stupid steel factory fuck started this shitstorm when he told everyone he was the expert on trade unions. As if being a fucking millwright is even comparable to being an HVAC tech or plumber anyways.
>>
>>14169120
All that shit you typed...for what? I love my wife and kids, they love me. I didn't knock her up, we chose to have kids. I am not the bitter one here. The perpetual virgins are. My life is good. Yours sucks, apparently. BTW, I have a CDL. I am thinking on Melton or Schneider. I know I won't make much, but then again, I'm doing this because I embrace life, and the experience. I'm really sorry for all of you young guys that the educational Jew got to. Feels good to be Aryan.
>>
>>14169140

>proper way of making money

So being a blue collar pleb is the proper way to make money?

OK, let me go slam my head in a car door and huff paint thinner for the next 6 hours. Maybe I can kill enough brain cells to operate on the same level as you. If I had a time machine I'd just go back and tell my dad to fuck his cousin or something, like your parents did, and the inbreeding would take care of it for me.

No time machine yet, though. Maybe some college boy will invent one.
>>
>>14169137
>nd I'll be making more than you as my base salary.
Kid, No you won't. I'm TELLING you. Your degree is shit. Do you know where mechanical engineering degrees came from? Tool and die. The same trade as my journeyman papers are for. That notwithstanding, don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>14169147

You didn't choose to have kids, you got drunk and raped the filthy town skank. 9 months later the whore told you she shit out a brat and you were stuck with it.
>>
>>14169137
>considering I'll get a job before I even graduate
yeah bro that fucking STEM or whatever at $25/hour, grats, i was earning that when i was 13 and still in school.

>and I'll be making more than you as my base salary
is that what all school kids do? assume shit like this? huur duur muh 300k starting math degree

look faggot, you are unemployed. youre literally fucking nothing more than a shit head school kid trying to stroke your ego on an anime image board.
so enjoy your debt, and enjoy struggling to find a job in an overcrowded field where most of the work is being outsourced to indians.

>bbbut muh high school guidance counselor told me ill get a job right away and be rich!
ROFLMAO

>21
>work for myself
>3k a week
kill yourself
>>
>>14169145
Well, cunt, I do know more about trade unions than most of the cunts here, since I work with them every day.
>>
>>14169159
But he will. And he'll probably be your boss, too. Better shape up, whiteboy.
>>
>>14169162
Hahaha...maybe that's your fantasy, boy. I got a nice Irish-American girl with blue eyes to match mine, and produced two fantastic daughters with my height and eyes to match. No, I don't fuck them. I'm too busy fucking their MILF mother. Now go to /gif/ and jerk off to what I have everyday. Fucking angry kids.
>>
>>14169159
nah bro mr jones the high school guidance counselor told him to join some partnership program between a university and company known for using college graduates as disposable labor, so hes guaranteed a 'well paying' job right off the bat!

they have zero understanding of the real world its quite frightening actually.
>>
File: white trash.jpg (17KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
white trash.jpg
17KB, 400x436px
ITT: white trash losers get assraped
>>
>>14169180
>But he will. And he'll probably be your boss, too. Better shape up, whiteboy.
Theoretically, you may be right. I'm just citing real world experiences. Something you don't have much of. By the way, have I mentioned that I have a CDL and I'm interested in driving trucks?
>>
>>14169186

>fat white trash whore
>shits out two more whores
>get knocked up by the time they're 20
>white trash dynasty continues

It's the ride that never ends, isn't it? You people are like an incurable disease.
>>
>>14169192
>they have zero understanding of the real world its quite frightening actually.

You're so fucking right. Probably much younger than me, but then again, most of the truckerfags in these threads are. We got slapped with the cock of reality early. But, we adapted. In most cases, overcame.
>>
>>14169186
how many times a week do you molest your daughters
>>
>>14169192

>the old "colllege kids are naive" meme

This is really tired, almost as tired as the blue collar pride meme. University graduates belong to a higher socio-economic bracket than blue collar slobs like you. They make more money, work fewer hours, take more vacations, have better health, and retire earlier. They are also less likely to be victims of crime or be incarcerated.

There is literally nothing good about who you are or what you are.
>>
>>14169194
I'm the one doing the assraping, son. I haven't seen one good argument for your generation yet. Fuckin losers. Probably not even voting for Trump.
>>
>>14169205
Stay mad, virgin. It's really all you have. Seriously..is that all you have to use against me? Criticize my wife whom you've never seen. LOL at your pathetic life. You'll put a gun in your mouth long before I ever willl. Have I mentioned I have a CDL? You probably don't. Why are you here?
>>
File: 1390102727378.jpg (27KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1390102727378.jpg
27KB, 600x450px
>>14169198

He will be your boss. He'll be some young college boy with a shiny degree, come walking into your factory and start telling you what to do. You'll be mad, until you realize that he actually knows MORE than you because it only took him 4 years to learn what took you 20. Then you'll be furious.

But you'll keep your mouth shut, because you need your job. So you'll settle in as a the cuck bitch of the factory, getting pushed around by some smug kid with a college degree. You'll go home and beat your ugly bitch of a wife and kids, probably rape them too, and develop alcoholism. You'll get arrested for drunk driving, assault a cop, and go to jail. Lose your job, get AIDs while in jail, and be released at 65. You'll die homeless and alone, with a butt full of nigger AIDS, in a box next to the factory you used to work in. The college boy will probably back over your corpse in his Range Rover, thinking you were just a heap of trash in his way.

He wouldn't be wrong in doing so, either.
>>
>>14169214
>how many times a week do you molest your daughters
Too busy fucking a milf. LIfe is good, sonny. Well, not good. We need to elect Trump. Then I can live out my Nazi fantasies with my old lady. Do you have a CDL? I do. I come here to talk trucks, not to defend myself against loser faggots.
>>
>>14169214

not as much as i want to, i have to share them with uncle lenny and his sons

and then there's the church pastor and the local police department, they run a train on them every other sunday

so maybe 3 times a week, 4 if i get sent home from work for being drunk on the job
>>
>>14169236
>He will be your boss. He'll be some young college boy with a shiny degree, come walking into your factory and start telling you what to do. You'll be mad, until you realize that he actually knows MORE than you
No..no...it has never worked this way. I have seen lots of college boys come and go. They all come in trying to save the world. But, they all fail. Some get our respect; most don't. So take the nigger pic you jack off to, and jack off to it some more, because it doesn't affect me. I still have a CDL, and you don't. So GTFO. We don't want you here.
>>
>>14169219
>University graduates belong to a higher socio-economic bracket than blue collar slobs like you
you dont know me, little school kid. you dont know how much i earn, what i do. fuck off to reddit or tumblr if youre going to act like a stupid school kid.

but yeah bro, that massive 60k if you can even find a job. when i was 17 i took in 40k after tax, in half a year, while still in high school.
enjoy your debt

>There is literally nothing good about who you are or what you are.
back to my first point :^)
>>
>>14169265

But that's just it, he doesn't need your respect. You work for him, and you do as he says. You're his millwright nigger, his MILLNIGGER.

Now fix that leaky gasket you worthless MILLNIGGER, or I'll have my friends at the bank take your fucking house. Go on, MILLNIGGER, do as you're told. Listen to the college boy like a good little goy. Bitch.
>>
>>14169236
>But you'll keep your mouth shut, because you need your job. So you'll settle in as a the cuck bitch of the factory, getting pushed around by some smug kid with a college degree. You'll go home and beat your ugly bitch of a wife and kids, probably rape them too, and develop alcoholism. You'll get arrested for drunk driving, assault a cop, and go to jail. Lose your job, get AIDs while in jail, and be released at 65. You'll die homeless and alone, with a butt full of nigger AIDS, in a box next to the factory you used to work in. The college boy will probably back over your corpse in his Range Rover, thinking you were just a heap of trash in his way.

All this rage...LOL
I haven't made 8.35 an hour since 1996....does it suck?
>>
File: lel44.png (7KB, 215x285px) Image search: [Google]
lel44.png
7KB, 215x285px
>>14169236

+1

fukken dying here bruh
>>
>>14169273

60k a year is double what you take home, who the fuck are you trying to kid?

Poor little baby, you're probably on welfare in your parents' basement right now.
>>
>>14169277
See...you college boys think that's the way it works, but it doesn't. Not in the real world. The last college boy we had was in tears, hoping we'd let him out of the gates when his wife went into labor. Of course, being the benevolent blue collar knights we are, taunted him a bit, but we always planned on letting him out. You have no power over violence, you cuck. And that's what unions are. Men. Real men. Not Nu-men, you faggots with beards and flannels. We are our fathers.{insert faggy insult here}.
>>
>>14169299

Oh MILLNIGGER, when will you learn? Maybe I'll just downsize and close the factory, move everything to Mexico where I can pay wetbacks 1/10 of the wage and get the same quality of work.

You are a useless slave to the college Jew, MILLNIGGER.
>>
>silly school kid attending engineering classes doesnt realize that unemployment rates for engineering fags are at all time high
>or that the companies employing engineering fags import people from overseas with a better education and more experience who are willing to work cheaper
>or that the median wage for an engineering fag is well below six figures
roflmao i fucking hate reddit/tumblr tier school kids
>>
>>14169236
>You'll get arrested for drunk driving
Oh yeah, I did that already. See, back before American males were cucked, that was fun. So, i did it for almost 20 years. Added 5 cents to every beer I ever drank before driving. I got arrested, argued(in fun) with the cop, had my wife pick up my Harley. Never lost my license, no trucking companies give a fuck, and I have no arrest record. How is it living your sterile lives, cucks?
>>
I am getting scared about truck driving. the amount of accidents and deaths in this job are insane...
>>
>>14169299
must suck to work 20 years and then get cucked by some kid with a college diploma

should've gone to college faggot, now you're just old and bitter and have no recourse

enjoy working for some insolent shit who can't even grow a beard hahahahahaha
>>
>>14169296
>making up bullshit to help deal with the fact you are going to be working in mcdonalds while head high in debt after finishing school
paint yourself brown and start shitting in the streets, it will increase your chances of finding employment
>>
>>14169322
>Oh MILLNIGGER, when will you learn? Maybe I'll just downsize and close the factory,
This is how ignorant you are. You can't just move a steel mill. The machinery is HUGE. It's embedded 50 or 80 feet underground. You don't just flick an off switch and move it. Stupid kid.
>>
>>14169327

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND TAKE YOUR TRUCKER SHIT WITH YOU

THIS AINT A TRUCKER THREAD

THIS IS A RACIST WHITE TRASH SLOB APPRECIATION THREAD

WE ARE HERE TO WORSHIP THE MILLNIGGER AND HIS FAT WHORE WIFE AND THEIR DOUBLE-WIDE MOBILE HOME AND MULTIPLE DUI ARRESTS
>>
>factories never close
>machinery is never relocated
>companies aren't doing this all the time

Kek, you have no job security faggot. You're unskilled, too, which really sucks because if your factory closed you'd be on welfare forever.
>>
>>14169328
Lol...never been cucked by a kid. One..one out of maybe 20 has got my respect. And we can still fuck the shit out him. I take that back...two did, but the other one was a drunk ran into morning meetings still getting dressed...But he left. You're neither. You won't make a fucking thing of yourself.
>>
File: 1388390499217.jpg (128KB, 790x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1388390499217.jpg
128KB, 790x1057px
>>14169330
>paint yourself brown and start shitting in the streets, it will increase your chances of finding employment
>>
>>14169342
>Kek, you have no job security faggot.
Funny, faggot. I have a half dozen job offers in Reno. Fucking Reno. All for 50k a year starting. Not bad for a blue collar slob.
>>
>>14169343

you're getting cucked in this thread faggot

you've been btfo in every post bitch

look how mad you are
>>
>>14169361
Do you have a CDL? No. But you're here, thinking about trucking, because your degree hsn't got you shit. I'm here because I'm old and established, and I can truck for fun. Who's cucked now, cunt?
>>
>>14169357

Wow, I guess there aren't a lot of guys willing to let 10 niggers gangbang them and bust in their ass. Never heard of a gay whore getting a salary though, you must be really good.
>>
File: smug.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
>>14169369

I'm here because I like upsetting white trash losers like you. It's easy, but it's still fun. Like fishing with dynamite. Look at how furious you ignorant hicks get.
>>
>>14169369
there is no way you don't fuck your daughters on a regular basis
>>
>>14169370
Your post makes no sense. Come back when you have a CDL and can hold bantz. You make no money right now, and probably live with your parents, or gay room mates.
>>
>>14169373
Bro, you haven't upset me. I'm just playing the bantz. You are the one with an axe to grind, not me. Do you have a CDL? I do.
>>
>>14169375
Sorry, my mom died years ago, and she was a pig anyhow. It's ok if you want to fuck your mom. I don't get it, because I was able to get much pussy. I enjoy fucking my wife though. So again, go to /gif/ and jerk off to some MILF porn.
>>
>>14169384
>Do you have a CDL?

No, I have a future.
>>
>>14169394
>No, I have a future.
Then why are you here?. You think you're better than Truckerfag? You are a worthless sack of semen. Whiney, Trucker, Pepsi, Gundam...all of these faggots make the world work...you are a piece of shit.
>>
you fuck your daughters
>>
File: punjabitookyerjob.png (54KB, 927x596px) Image search: [Google]
punjabitookyerjob.png
54KB, 927x596px
i wonder if mcdonalds looks favorably upon failure college graduates
>>
>>14169428
Asshurt. Pure Asshurt. Kill yourself. Do you have a CDL?
>>
>>14169437
No and he doesnt have a degree either. hes still in school and obviously broke thats why he took up the job as a job site cleaner.
>>
>>14169445
Fucking faggots. I'm not even a trucker. I want to cleanse these threads of faggotry. All I did was state how it really is working for trade unions, and got attacked by a half dozen pimply faced faggot virgins. So I guess I did ruin this thread.
>>
>>14169455
we both know you're a manic depressive hick who is going to kill himself sooner or later. just fuck off, no one wants you here.
>>
>>14169455
I apologize to all of you real truckers. I do have a CDL, but I'm not in trucking. The information here from you faggots is invaluable. I really didn't mean to ruin this.
>>
>>14169463
Do you have a CDL? Nope. You fuck off. I'll kill you first.
>>
>>14169455
Wait this all stemmed from discussion about trade unions? Trade unions are fucking trash and a plague on the industry. We should all hate unions regardless of blue collar white collar shit
>>
>>14169473
Seems to me I was challenged earlier. A certain anon threatening to beat me up at a truck stop. Send me you info. You won't. Besides, I'm federally licensed now, with a CDL and TWIC card. I can make money. You can't.
>>
>>14169477
>Trade unions are fucking trash and a plague on the industry. We should all hate unions regardless of blue collar white collar shit
You are a moron.
>>
>>14169480
Do you really think you are part of the upper class because you have some shitty degree? You are lower than I am, I at least produce something useful. As our culture breeds more and more effeminate males, people that actually do shit are in increasing rarity. Let me guess...You're an engineer?
>>
>>14169487
Idk how it works in your country man but its literally mafia tier in my country. Unions being investigated fucking hard by government, corrupt officials and politicians being outed on a weekly basis.

>give us money or you dont get this job
Straight up.
>>
>>14169531
Yeah, it's better to let the companies fuck us all and work for pennies. You kids are stupid fucking faggots . Look, I'm no socialist, but I do realize that the working class will be exploited at every turn. The fucking Jews sold everybody on this college bullshit. This is why a BS is now High School diploma 2.0.
>>
>>14169377

>implying I don't live with my gay parents
>>
>>14169550

>implying the unions aren't run by Jews
>implying you don't work for Jews
>implying Jews don't cuck you at every turn

you're blue collar trash, you get cucked harder than anyone you ignorant pleb fuckwit
>>
>>14169587
You don't have a CDL. Get out.
>>
>>14169596
Huh. Funny how I live life on my terms, faggot. How does it feel to be a student loser? I have credentials that make money. You don't.
>>
>>14169596
Also, you are mad. You really think you're better than is with the shitty degree you're still earning. Bro, I'm old. I might let you wipe my ass in 20 years. Thats the best you can hope for, future nursing home boy.
>>
>>14169603

Not your college boy you've been arguing with, didn't post that either.

Just thought I'd post that I work as an IT consultant, and I made $123,600 last year. After taxes.

How does it feel to know that I'm 28 and make more money than you? I'm a college boy, too.

It's all mine, too. No pig wife or kids to support.

How does it feel to get cucked for minimum wage while I work in an air conditioned office all day? Must feel pretty shitty.
>>
>>14169603
>>14169613

>starting fights at 4am on a Macedonian woodworking board

your life must be fucking amazing kek
>>
>>14169640

#rekt
>>
>>14169643
he is a mentally unstable cuck who is going to snap one day when he comes home from his millgrunt job and is going to commit a murder suicide on his entire family
>>
>>14169550
I sub contract atm so not a problem. The people I was employed with before no union shit was involved, wages were great.
Guess it also depends on the industry.
>>
>>14169640
>posted from my $20 idroid using mcdonalds wifi on my lunch break
>btw im sooo sick of serving these imported punjabi ict fuckers, if it werent for them id be employed in the field i studied in
>>
>>14169669

Hush MILLNIGGER, you have widgets to grease.
>>
>>14169680
actually senpai im paid to manipulate naive children like you into going into debt to study in a field where you have little chance of finding steady well paying employment. then after wasting four years of your life you come work for my company, but just for a year while on 'trial wages'. then we kick your ass to the curb and rape the next silly school kids hopes and dreams
>>
>>14169711
>works in a steel mill

confirmed for HARD GAY faggot

i bet you even have a little moustache to catch the cum when they blast your face
>>
This thread went to shit fast
>>
>>14169857

Thank the retarded millcunt and his incessant shitposting/butthurt.
>>
>>14169352
Isn't she a pornstar?
>>
>Graduate university with a bachelors in Comp Sci, focused on systems analysis and computer security.
>All decent jobs not available to me.
>All entry level jobs taken by POO2LOO.
>Won't degrade myself by working minimum wage in IT, helping retards connect to printers.
>Start driving trucks.
>Promoted to fleet controller.
>Swap companies.
>Now state Transport Manager.
>Earning way more than I would have as an IT bitch or entry level analyst.
>Don't have to publish to stay relevant.
>Everyone thinks I'm a wizard.
I'm 24 and will own my house outright before I'm 30.
>>
>>14168877
>>14168888
Nice quad dubs, fucking samefag. Fuck off our thread, you're shitting it up with all your bitching about folks that had the gumption to go to college unlike yourself.
>>
>>14169327
It's the most dangerous job in Australia.
>>
>come back to thread
>see this shitfest

nope
>>
>>14170192
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.