[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe God created the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1

File: GOD-IS-DEAD.jpg (12KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
GOD-IS-DEAD.jpg
12KB, 178x178px
christcucks on suicide watch

>Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Less than half of Icelanders claim they are religious and more than 40% of young Icelanders identify as atheist. Remarkably the poll failed to find young Icelanders who accept the creation story of the Bible. 93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God.

>The poll also found a growing percentage of Icelanders support the full separation of church and state. Out of those who expressed an opinion on the subject 72% supported the full separation of church and state and 28% oppose the separation of church and state.

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-believe-god-created-world-new-poll-reveals
>>
>>17331
That's 0.0% of people going to heaven.
Christians 1
Atheists 0

Check mate Atheists.

What in the Icelands caused such a thing? I for sure thought that religious upbringing was designed to perpetuate itself, so something else must be at play. It can't be just the upbringing since that would also drastically affect the polls or opinions of separation of church and state.

...and OP, why Nietzsche? You edgy?
>>
>>17337
While the whole self perpetuation thing is true that doesn't mean that people will buy into it. Whilst the numbers suggested 60% of young people in Iceland still believe in something it might be that due to their education at school they accept that Science has a better explanation than the Bible or other religious text.
>>
>>17337
>>17347
Not ti mention that creationism is fucking stupid. #carbondating
>>
>>17337
>That's 0.0% of people going to heaven.
No different from any other country, then.
>>
Polls will claim we're all Muslims soon enough.
>>
>>17331
1 How many people live in Iceland?
2 How many of those people are under 25?
3 I seriously doubt that 0 of them believe in Heaven considering Iceland's long judeo-christian heritage.
>>
Who cares.
>>
Why couldn't I have been an Icelander?
>>
>>17362
Did you read the article? Hell did you even read OP?
Nowhere in the article was it stated that 0.0% of persons under the age of 25 have no belief in God.
>>
>>17371
>God
>Heaven

My statement still means basically the same thing.
>>
>>17331
Is this the first time an amount was 0.0?
>>
I find it funny how anybody above the age of 5 still has an imaginary friend.
>>
>>17418
fedora.jpg
>>
>>17421
Seriously, how do the people who believe that shit even manage to dress themselves.
>>
>>17337
Let me explain something to you anon a kids parents tell him if he prays God will help him and listen to his prayers. One day the kids grandma gets sick so the kid prays for her to get better. She dies painfully from drug resistant pneumonia . One day the boys dog runs away so the boy prays for its safe return , guess what anon little boy finds the dog dead and run over. One day the little boy gets stuck in a burning building and prays for God to save him. No reply but guess what does happen. Another human that's right not God, braves the fire and saves him. So far all God did was kill his grandma and dog and trap him in a burning building. So that little boy has no reason to pray to a diety who at best is unaware and at worst a melevolant human hating son of a bitch that can go suck a dick. Now this is all hypothetichal of course but I didn't feel like giving any real personal stories.
>>
Sounds like a shitty question to be honest. It asked God versus the Big Bang, and the Big Bang is observable fact. Any non-kooky religious people would claim God created the Big Bang.
>>
>>17331
so does this make Iceland god-tier?
>>
>>17337
Also too I have a question for you why are Christians such self hating masichist. I mean they belive that they are born guilty wtf . I mean essentially they want to be tied down and told how they are unworthy as God shoves his huge throbbing cock stright up their tight little bleached asses. If a deity wants respect cool but I will not render myself a slave to anyone I will however accept being seen as a peer although only in the sense of being sentient I have too much respect for myself to say that my salvation will only come when I please my "master". I fear that I will never understand you self degrading submissives.
>>
>>17446
No it makes them better cause they killed him
>>
>>17443
>http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-believe-god-created-world-new-poll-reveals

Why even ask to choose between Big Bang and God? Can't answer both?
>>
>>17449
Tell me what good has done for you lately last I checked he put me in a universe where 99.999999999 percent of it will instantly kill me in various unpleasant ways also why did he make my reproductive organs the same ones I use to piss with that's like putting a strip club in a sewer gross man just gross
>>
>>17331
the world was not created in the big bang
it took awhile to be created
>>
>>17443
this

the questions where skewed
>>
>>17441
>little boy gets stuck in a burning building
>gets saved by firefighter
>doesn't die
Who's to say god didn't play a part in that?
>>
>>17446
There-Is-No-God tier
>>
>>17457
Than you are diminishing the actions of man. People do things only because they feel like it not because God made them also I don't thank god for fire fighters I thank the fire fighters
>>
>>17331
>0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe X
I explained this in the /pol/ thread. In these types of polls it's not possible to get a true 0% or true 100%, they just take a large sample of the populace and mathematically extrapolate as trends have a tendency to continue regardless of the size of your data pool.

It just so happened that within their pool no one believed in X, so when you mathematically extrapolate 0 you still have 0. This calculation is why polls always have margins of error which themselves can also be calculated by the relationship between the size of your sample group and the degree to which you're extrapolating (all Icelanders 25 yrs old or younger).

It's a quirk of statistics.

What's important is to know that almost all or the vast vast majority of Icelanders 25 years or younger probably don't believe God created the world. Then again that's not as catchy, accurate though.
>>
>>17371
>0.0% of persons under the age of 25 have no belief in God

I hope you realize you're saying 100% of people believe in God
>>
>>17331
You're drawing different conclusions than what the article days.

I'm Christian and I think people who believe in the seven day creation thing are rather ridiculous
>>
>>17337
Science has ruined fairy tail religion
>>
>>17418
I hope you ate not an adult.
Adults who have imaginary friends should be locked away and heavily sedated.
>>
>>17371
Are you drunk?
>>17502
Religion is literally a meme.
>>
>>17498
You added that 'no' surreptitiously to my post!
>>
>>17441
You clearly have no understanding of the purpose of prayer and those parent like you will raise atheists as you say
Read Job and come to the understanding that God is beyond our definitions of good and bad
>>
>>17457
why did god had let the building on fire
>>
>>17502
Do you believe that Jesus is God?
>>
>>17331
Nice.
>>
>>17331
Doesn't mean 0.0% of Icelanders believe in God, just means they don't think he made it.
>>
>>17331
>under 25

Theological opinion discarded.
>>
>>17331
guess we gotta send more people to iceland to educate those poor dears
>>
>>17457
Yeah and God made sure a lot of us have our back teeth growing in painfully, forcing us to pull them out. Eating and breathing in the same hole was a brilliant idea as well, no problem at all from that during old age, very smart design. The appendicitis was a cool design choice as well. I would have left that one out but I guess it's part of His plan.

As well as making sure fires happen that burn little boys alive. Those that don't get saved by a fireman that is.
>>
>>17331

I just found this http://qz.com/149733/iceland-has-the-highest-rate-of-antidepressant-use-in-the-world-by-a-long-shot/

Antidepressants = NO GOD
>>
>atheists who portray all religious people as believing in a benevolent old guy in the sky with human emotions so they can defeat a straw man argument

It's just so you can screech out things like " if God exists why do little kids get raped and murdered?!?!", right?
>>
>>17685
Why would you worship something that's omnipresent if it allows or causes little kids to get raped and murdered?
>>
>>17331
>0.0% believed it had been created by God.
It seems they agree with the Catholic Church
>>
>>17667
God is love

Who needs love when you have synthetic love coursing through your veins

Drug-taking degenerate scum
>>
>>17356
Lel
>>
>>17721
Neurotransmitters are drugs too...
>>
>>17721

m8 you're sitting on a computer, you might as well just get off your high horse
>>
The Pew Religious Landscape survey reported that as of 2014, 22.8% of the U.S. population is religiously unaffiliated, atheists made up 3.1% and agnostics made up 4%,

Therefore 92.9% of icelanders under the age of 25, are more intelligent than than U.S. population.

the quicker religion dies out the better off we will all be.
>>
>>17741
>the quicker religion dies out the better off we will all be
Now we play the waiting game for the 60 year old conservatives and their belief in magical fairy spirits to die out.

But vote #1 69 year old Protestant guy. Absolute facepalm America
>>
>>17356
underrated post
>>
>>17457
>Buy a handle of vodka
>Get really fucking drunk
>Play with my balls
Who's to say god didn't play a role in that?
>>
So given that Christianity and Islam are dying, what do you suspect the new religions that will take over are going to be?

Roman Paganism was usurped by Christianity, and Zoroastrianism by Islam. The cycle continues.

I'm betting something from East Asia. Something Buddhist/Taoist/Confucian in origin.
>>
>>17777
>christianity and Islam are dying
Christianity is the fastest growing religion with Islam being 2nd. Both are way above replenishment.
>>
>>17777
Also as far as east Asia Christianity is killing it, were talking triple digit grow rates in some countries.
>>
>>17777

Scientology of course.
>>
>>17356
Nice one.
>>
I've met nice religious people. Never met a nice atheist tho. They're usually belittling others.
>>
>>17447
Well, why don't you ask a Christian why they are a self-hating masochist? Here's a hint, word it differently if you want a real answer.

And for the love of fuck, don't say "Also too..." and use punctuation for questions.
>>
>>17623
If you could not eat or breathe out of the same hole then how could you taste the cock you were choking on?
>appendicitis: inflammation of the appendix, very painful, can result in death.
>appendix: a pesky, currently useless part of your body that Anon can't identify
>>
>>17468
wow, you literally just said something everybody knew. No fucking shit they didn't force every young Icelandic bastard into some office so they could ask each one if they they believed in god. You may as well say 2+2=4.
>>
>>17695
Because that sounds fucking based.
>>
>>17777
Religion is only dying in rich countries. Poor people believe in god because they have nothing else. When your job involves working long hours with no paid leave and only results in you earning a meagre sum of money, it is comforting to think there is some being out there that sees that hard work and will reward you after death. Of course, this really only means the poor bastards in Asian, African, and Latin American countries are delusional. If you are wondering why rich Arabs aren't atheistic, you must understand Arab leaders enforce Sharia law and leaving Islam is punishable with death so the religion is Islam can at least be regarded as a brilliantly crafted religion that keeps itself alive. Perhaps if the Christian religion had punished apostasy with death, the West would be a puritanical shithole.
>>
>>17862
Pretty sure you've met dickhead religious people and pleasant atheists before, they just didn't tell you whether they were religious or an atheist.
>>
>>17685
There's no reason to believe in a god in this day and age.
>>
>threw the bankers into prison in 08
>made the Viking gods an official religion again
>does not tolerate jew-loving christfaggotry
>needs my foreign dna badly because lol islands
Is Iceland the most based country? Brb fucking QT pagan Icelandic girls with freedoms
>>
>>17441
When I'm asked if I'm religious, and I respond politely "no, I don't believe there's enough evidence to believe in a god" most people roll their eyes and claim that I'm angry with god. This post helps me to understand where they're coming from.
>>
>>17447
I'm not religious but if some omnipotent omnipresent entity manifested itself undeniably and demanded fealty and submission or else I would burn for all of eternity in conscious pain. I would drop to my knees and so would you. Not to mention eternal bliss as the reward. You cam act proud and tough but we're talking about a hypothetical God of the universe. No one in their right mind would stand in defiance to something that created you from dust and controls the fate of your very soul. Religion is so powerful because all you have to do is convince people that he exists
>>
>>17331

Well Duh! It was Odin.
>>
>>17337
God is dead refers to the idea that people stop believing in god, not that he doesn't exist.
>>
>>17919
Where the hell do you live that people would roll their eyes, or even ask in the first place!?
>>
>>17453
Guy's right. Universe born: ~13.5 billion years ago. Earth coalesces: ~4.5 billion years ago. Earth has only been around for about a third of the Universe's existence, and was an inhospitable ball of volcanism for most of its own existence.
>>
>>17457
He's talking about the same God that didn't answer his prayers to save his sick grandmother or get his runaway dog home. If God indirectly saves my life after refusing to help me twice, I wouldn't be impressed enough to start worshiping him.
>>
>>18604
yeah but most of the general public have scientific illiteracy and can't differentiate between the two.
>>
>>17337
I am become idiot
Bringer of religion
>>
>>17362

>Iceland
>judeo-christian heritage

What in the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>17418
>imaginary
>what are catholic eucharistic miracles
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.