[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manatees No Longer Endangered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: cowe.jpg (53KB, 822x566px) Image search: [Google]
cowe.jpg
53KB, 822x566px
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/19261/20160110/manatees-longer-endangered-agency.htm

Good news today.
Manatees are no longer endangered!
>>
>>16513
I always wondered why humans don't eat those things. They're like sea cows, a lot of meat on those bones. I guess they must taste horrible.
>>
>>16513
Cool, does that mean we can go full throttle and scar the sea cows with our boats?
>>
>>16513
is this the first good news on /news/?

Pandas could learn something from them.
how to fug, of course
>>
>>16514
Why do you think they're endangered?

Were I mean.
>>
>>16514
They're the closest things to humans in the sea. They're like humans with fins, really.
>>
>>16524
We need to farm them, like cattle, instead of fishing them. It'd bring a nice variety to mainstream taste if they do become a profitable crop.
>>
>>16531
Listen to the time dubs morAn...
>>
>>16514
We ate the Stellar Sea Cow (bigger manatee) to extinction in less than 30 years after Europeans discovered it.
>>
First good news I heard all day.
>>
>>16513

Wow, some rare, genuinely positive news on 4chan. What a time to be alive.
>>
This means we can hunt and eat them with wild abandon now, right?
>>
>>16531
You can buy Manatee Dim Sum in many places in the USA and in Hong Kong, and they're pretty good so I completely agree with this.
>>
>>16513
That is...actually good to hear for once. Thanks for letting us know anon.
>>
>>16513
Can we eat them yet?
>>
Posters like these are why Elves are extinct.
>>
>>16513
Yay
>>
If they are going to be extinct .. they might have a reason to be. We humans are arrogant in trying to control everything around us. And we end up destroying this planet !
>>
>>16513
I bet Conan's happy
>>
>>16513
That chinese company doing the cow cloning in another thread should clone manatees so we can eat them.
>>
>>16513
What is the point of saving a species that would've died on its own long ago, if it can't survive in present day without help then what is the point of keeping them alive
>>
>>16531
Also thinking back on what I said, that would mean we would make genetic abominations out of them for the sake of efficacy.

Like how chickens are fat enough for slaughter just after six weeks and will not live much longer than that. Cancer, tumors and other deformities being the limiting factor.
>>
>>16705
Yeah /b/ro lets have a million endangered animals and destroy the environment which will lead to the demise of humanity. Unless you actually want that of course.
>>
I don't see the significance.
>>
this is such good news!
>>
>>16564
No, because "endangered" animals can still be protected by law. The law however becomes based on country so shitholes and Asian countries have no laws about protected species.
>>
>>16718
One less ecosystem destroyed. Manatees provide a predator and prey to many animals.
>>
>>16513
Good to know that Seacows will be Okay for the Time being.
>>
:)
>>
great news, they are the cutest thingies manatees!, just by seeing that picture makes you want to hug and squeeze them.

they're also very friendly and curious
>>
>>16513
Okay but what about dugongs?

Who even cares about manatees, dugongs are like 50 times more delicious.
Come back when you have real news about actually delicious animals.
>>
Manatees are too fattening - why are we talking about eating them?!
>>
>>16705

Because these things are precarious. A tiny change can completely destroy an ecosystem. Look at what a handful of stupid frogs did to Australia, land of supposedly dangerous creatures.

Sure, manatee may not matter much, but losing them could have caused some other species to skyrocket, wiping out some third species, causing an overpopulation of the fourth....
>>
>>16705
Because when it comes time to save our species, you want to ask:

>okay, show of hands, who here in the scientific community knows how to bring a species back from the brink of extinction

And have lots and lots of hands go up in the air.

As opposed to what would happen if short-sighted neoconservatives like you had your way. Which would be zero hands.
>>
>>16514
>a lot of meat on those bones
Manatees are like whales, mostly blubber.
>>
>Manatees are no longer endangered!
No kidding, always see plenty at Walmart.
>>
Lol it's not because they are reproducing like rabbits, it's because the criteria for a creature to be endangered have been set up higher, they are still on the brink of instinction
>>
>>16513
cool, but it makes that South Park episode a bit less funny from now on
>>
>>16752
>Manatees provide a predator and prey to many animals.
Manatees are herbivores. Also, they are rarely preyed upon.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.