[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS Group defeated in Ramadi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Iraqi flag over Ramadi.jpg (43KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Iraqi flag over Ramadi.jpg
43KB, 615x410px
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/29/opinion/the-importance-of-retaking-ramadi.html?_r=0

Iraqi Government ground and US Coalition air forces delivered the most crushing defeat to the IS Group to date. As the provincial capital of Anbar the city is highly symbolic for the Iraqi nation, and as the third largest city formerly under the control of the "caliphate" the impact on IS is two fold. First, the IS group will be losing tax income, manpower, a staging area to threaten Baghdad, and the perception of being blessed by their death god. Second, the loss of the city will significantly restrict the group's ability to hide its equipment, infrastructure, and personnel from bombardment.

If the victory is also an indication that the Iraqi Army is back on its feet then it would seem that IS is not long for this world, or at least Iraq.

Former thread:
>>8289
>>
>>12490
I take it as a proof of concept. If the Coalition can find and support fighters that will push out warlords in Iraq without replacing them with terrorism then it can also be done in Syria. If something worse doesn't follow ISIS tyranny then it won't necessarily follow Assad tyranny.
>>
It's far from over. I've read in numerous sources that ISIS is going full Viet-Cong and making extensive tunnel networks. This fight is far from over.
>>
>>12551
Yeah, I read a report about those tunnels, it's suppose to save them from the bombings, apparently they are insanely long.
>>
wow it's almost like these countries have their own militaries and can handle shit without American kids dying.
>>
>>12672
They can't, they had American air power.
>>
>>12551
>>12611
>tunnels
The Spring rains will fix that, that is, if they can hold out until Spring.
>>
>>12551
Drop a shitload of napalm and agent orange on them. By the time we're done, their whole damn country will be an arid wasteland.
Mission accomplished!
>>
>>12551
There will always be terrorist networks and Islamic fuckery of all sorts. Denying them an entire city as a base of operations and forcing them underground is a good step in limiting their capabilities.
>>
>>12678
US led coalition, doesnt mean it was US troops. Learn to read.
>>
>>12551
Well, it's a lot harder to find food and water where they are as opposed to where the Viet Cong were operating.
>>
>>12678
>Air power
>Troops
Mate... You dont really identify as an attack helicopter do you?
>>
>>12741
iraq is already an arid wasteland my man
>>
>>12735
ISIS aren't idiot savages like niggers. They've shown a mastery of engineering and wartime strategy. The foresight build functional drainage systems and waterproof entrypoints are babby tier
>>
>>15367
If they're as smart and undefeatable down there as you seem to believe then let's pray the Iraqis have allied the Brotherhood of Steel and the giant atomic robot is on its way.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.