[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quiet movement to force constutional 'convention of states'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 1

File: constitutional-convention[1].jpg (183KB, 923x607px) Image search: [Google]
constitutional-convention[1].jpg
183KB, 923x607px
>Texas Senate approves bills that would call a convention of states to amend the Constitution

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-legislature/2017/02/28/senate-approves-bills-call-convention-states-amend-constitution

>AUSTIN — Texas on Tuesday took the first step in joining a growing national movement to amend the U.S. Constitution to wrest power from the federal government and give it back to the states.

>The (Texas) Senate approved a package of bills that would put Texas among a small group of states calling for a convention of states to amend the U.S. Constitution.

>"This convention that we're trying to call is about rebalancing state authority," said (State) Sen. Brian Birdwell, R-Granbury, author of two of the bills.

>One measure would repeal all but one of the 14 existing resolutions Texas lawmakers have approved since the 1899 that also called for a convention of the states. Another measure outlines how delegates to such a convention would be chosen and the rules they would operate under.

>The third measure would allow Texas to become one of 34 states needed to force Congress to initiate a convention of states to modify the U.S. Constitution.

>Gov. Greg Abbott has made the Convention of States an emergency item for the current legislative session. He has been promoting the idea of a convention since 2016. The states, he says, must rein in a federal government that has run amok. He praised the Senate on Tuesday.

>"Our nation is succumbing to the caprice of man that our Founders fought to escape and I am encouraged that the Texas Senate has taken the first step in joining other states from around the county in reversing that trend," Abbott said in a press conference.
>>
>Last year, Abbott released a detailed plan for a convention, outlining nine proposed constitutional amendments that he said would unravel the federal government's decades-long power grab and restore authority over economic regulation and other matters to the states. Among the amendments Abbott suggested are requiring Congress to balance the budget, prohibiting Congress from regulating state activities and allowing a two-thirds majority of the states to override U.S. Supreme Court decisions.

>Under the measure the Senate approved Tuesday, Texas delegates to a convention would only be allowed to discuss changes to the Constitution that would implement fiscal restraints on the federal government, limit the power of the federal government and institute term limits for members of Congress.

>A convention is one of two ways that the U.S. Constitution can be amended, and it's described in Article V. One way is that Congress can propose amendments approved by two-thirds of the members of both chambers. The other method allows two-thirds of the state legislatures to call for a convention to propose amendments. Republicans who back the idea are confident that because they control state government in a majority of states, their ideas would prevail.

>In both cases, the amendments become effective only if ratified by 38 states.

>So far, the U.S. Constitution has been amended 27 times. None of those were amendments generated by a convention of states. Efforts to change the Constitution, initiated by both conservative and liberal advocates, have bounced in and out of political popularity since the 1970s. None, however, have met with success.

>But the elections last year swept 33 Republican governors into office across the nation, which supporters see as a hopeful sign for the movement to amend the Constitution. Supporters also point to President Donald Trump, who has said he supports congressional term limits, a key issue for conventioners.
>>
>Because such a convention has never happened, and the Constitution has few rules to govern the procedure, opponents of the effort worry that it could easily spiral out of control.

>They are concerned that the agenda could grow from a limited number of subject items to a massive number of constitutional changes that could undermine the foundations of American government.

>"You might create one big mess for this state and this nation," said Sen. John Whitmire, D-Houston.

>To address those concerns, Sen. Bryan Hughes, R-Mineola, proposed a change to the bill that would impose criminal penalties that could mean thousands in fines and years in jail for delegates who failed to abide by the limits lawmakers approved on subjects for the convention. By a vote of 19-11, the penalties were added to the bill.

>The measures require a second vote in the Senate before moving to the House for consideration.

related:
http://www.themainewire.com/2013/11/constitutional-convention-movement-growing-states/
>>
Federalism was a mistake. What we need in confederacy.
>>
Great idea!

From the same chuckle fucks who thought it was a super good idea to not let women know if their unborn baby would have a serious disease or disorder because it might make them want an abortion!
States rights, yer!!

Fuck Texas.
>>
>>118341
We Texans and the rest of real America just pulled off the ultimate fuck you to the left last election? We're putting the yeehaw back into government, whether you lie it or not. How's that, liberal?
>>
>>118401
If you're going to false flag, you should at least be a little less obvious about it.
>>
>>118407
They're too filled with hatred to play the part

Pretty funny
>>
>>118408
All liberals have is hate. Hate for America, hate for us, hate for themselves, hate. Like all evil, they must be opposed and stopped, delegitimized, and permanently, even violently, eradicated. There is no compromising with evil, no negotiation or middle ground. You do not make friends with them, talk to them, or help them, because they are your enemy, and they are the greatest threat to you and your family. This is not politics, this is war.
>>
>>118409
It is bitter irony that "liberals" need to be taught tolerance and acceptance towards people with opposing opinions.
>>
>>118409
How so?
>>
>>118421
He's an obvious troll. Why engage him?
>>
>>118496
I guess it just seemed like something to keep the thread going. I am somewhat interested in hearing /pol/tard opinions about this considering it's an entirely GOP driven movement among state legislators/ALEC but it wasn't why I made the thread.
>>
slow-moving, right-wing coup

since Citizens United, all of these fuckers are half bought and paid for by corporate America

let this happen and the average American will lose what democratic control remains in the US
>>
>>118507
I'm not that guy but I agree, minus the violence (for now)

The liberal ideology revolves around destroying society. They don't see it that way, so it is hard to communicate this.

Every thing they do is deconstructing western culture.

And they think that will result in a better world, because they've been taught to hate the west.
>>
>>118515
As if everything you just wrote isn't a regurgitation of a simplistic dogma you were indoctrinated with in your tiny village since you were a small child? Get some self-awareness.
>>
>>118520
See how the liberal is full of hate.

I'm from the coast and used to be a liberal. Except I wasn't quite as retarded as you.

Some people change when they grow up.
>>
>>118522
All you people ever write on here are hate-filled screeds. Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>118524
>no u

Hate toward what? Liberals?

Yeah you might be perceiving some hostility toward the people who have been ass raping my country for decades.

This does not make me hateful. That's called passion.
>>
>>118527
Both sides ass rape. Maybe if you pulled your head out of yours you could see that.
>>
>>118555
We can pretend that both sides are equally bad if you want.
And I think liberals have ridiculous positions on many issues. I accept that conservatives want a country with a particular culture because this is their home too, the only home they know, and wanting a society that you can relate to and understand, and they don't want undocumented migration either, and these are by themselves legitimate grievances.

But the disconnect between fears of conservatives and liberals is that when Obama was in power, folks were fearmongering about death panels and being sent to FEMA camps and having their guns taken. And a lot of middle America believed that.

There's a difference between being afraid because of conspiracy theory and being afraid because the president says he wants to put you on a registry because of what you believe. I don't understand how we can pretend they're the same.
>>
>>118555
It's just not true. Conservatives don't want anything like that.

If your liberal comrades had full power they would rewrite every word of the constitution.
>>
I remember hearing one of the governer's aides speak on Texas's plan for the US and interstate cooperation, this sounds like it's exactly in line of what they were talking about. Increase reliance and cooperation between individual states without relying on the federal government to rule in matters or be beholden to federal aid.

Honestly, I like how aggressively they push that policy. Giving Washington this much power was a complete mistake.
>>
>>118401
>How's that, liberal?

I don't think it's just liberals that worry about people who say they want to change the constitution.
>>
>>118636
This is precisely adding one more step to changing the constitution, in the sense the states are now getting a say in if a change goes through or not. So really, no matter how you slice it, this is a good thing for people who want constitutional matters to remain the same.

The only way you could interpret this as making it easier for changes would be that now individual states can initiate the process, but overall, there's more people involved in approving them. It sounds to me some people are simply worried that sympathetic politicians will be reduced in power as the masses gain more influence.
>>
>>118409
Wait is this a false flag too?
>>
It's been a while since 'Murica had a constitutional convention. We need to refresh the tree with the pen of else I fear an attempt be made by the rifle.

I wonder the motivations behind those who push for convention. The last time we had one we lost the Articles. If we are really are to call another convention of the States we must enter with all intentions made public. I have many proposals;

Expand the size of the Senate. 3 Senators per state, two selected by the State's legislature and the third by a popular vote of all voting age citizens, of the several States. This also means that the minimum vote for anything must be at least 2/3rds + one or else the Aristocrats can always overrule the people.

One term of 19 years for Justices on the Supreme Court

Granted all territories voting power in the House based on the same formula the States use. Territories do not get Senators; except maybe DC? The Federal district is weird. Do we need to force the issue of Puerto Rico’s statehood? If they join then great! If they leave, well then we can’t really let that happen so bad things probably happen.

I hope you all read through the Constitution and write your own, from Preamble to Amendments.
>>
>>118634
Not when it comes to shit like marriage, abortion, or if doctors should be allowed to tell pregnant women if the child will have a disability or disease
>>
Texas has been one the Convention of States since the 1980's- this is just a joint resolution making the state's voice heard so that the prerequisite number of states will join.
>>
>>118336
Yeah because things under the Articles of Confederation government were going so fucking well, right?
>>
>>118417
Pretty ironic considering republicucks need to be taught tolerance for people with different religious beliefs and ethnic bacngrounds, too
>>
>>118570
If bending things in favor of the most wealthy isn't ass raping, then what is?
>liberals would re write the constitution if they could
Yet it seems conservatives are the only ones trying to do that right now, you dumb fuck
>>
>>119014
Unfortunately, sometimes you will disagree with the state you live in. Now, you have the option of moving to another part of the US where such things aren't practiced. Previously, one side would lose out and become agitators against the other.
>>
>>118527
>people who have been ass raping my country for decades
Please elaborate on this. You don't get a free pass with such idiotic statements.
>>
Guess who's fucking against ridding our glorious land of those filthy Commies: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/25524-john-birch-society-sees-victories-in-stopping-con-con-applications
>>
if this is a genuine states' rights movement, then fine. Alabama can have whatever regressive policies they want, I don't really care. Their denial of anthropogenic climate change would hurt us all but at least maybe that could be managed through trade relations with the other states.

Unfortunately the right wing always talks a good game about individual freedom and states rights but when it comes down to business, that usually means red states' rights, imposed on everyone.
>>
>>119024
If anything conservatives will change a few things

1. abortion isn't a right
2. marraige isn't a right
3. anchor babies are not citizens (fucking revoke ALL their citizenship)

Enough of this shit. Fuck democrats constantly working the system like this. They lie and they lie and they lie and when they get power they FORCE their views on the country.

They've corrupted the very foundation of our rights.

Now you have retarded ass college students talking about hate speech

And you want to tell me democrats aren't trying to change the country, what a joke. Fuck off.
>>
>>120726
I think the ultimate goal for the neo-Confederates would be to kill the Supremacy, Necessary and Proper, Privileges or Immunities, and Full Faith and Credit Clauses.
>>
>>120728
>Lie lie lie and they FORCE their views on the country
Republicans never do this :^]
Kys
>>
>>120726
>Unfortunately the right wing always talks a good game about individual freedom and states rights but when it comes down to business, that usually means red states' rights, imposed on everyone.
You're 100% they're already wanting to enforce federal marijuana laws. This is why I'm done with Republicans and Democrats. In the end, there is no principle. Only how do we fuck over the other party while getting everything we want.
>>
>>120731
>no u

wow it's like you're actually a liberal
>>
>>120733
wow it's like you're actually shitposting
>>
>>120732
>In the end, there is no principle. Only how do we fuck over the other party.

ftfy

We've moved beyond the point of voting for what we want, we just don't want the other side getting what they want.
>>
>>120728
But what we really want is this:

Voting rights limited to property owners.
>>
>>118341
>Fuck Texas

This is what many Americans think whenever they hear something about Texas.
>>
>>120740
That was another time. We would have to undo the communism in our government, plus things like our money system, for that to make sense.

>>120746
They voted for Lyin' Ted.

Fuck Texas.
>>
Not until citizens united is a thing of the past should we ever dream of such a thing

The working class that support republicans this bullshit are the most pitiful, self-flagellating faggots alive.

You don't have money. The only leverage you have over them is through government. They want to be your fucking dictator and you're voting away all leverage you have over your society. And why? What're you getting? A pat on the head? Are they going to throw you some table scraps? Is it cuz they pay lipservice to your fear of the browns, commies, and gays? If you let them be dictators them, they won't give a moments thought to abandoning you for the minorities if it's more lucrative in the long run.

They'll make you think it's your revolution and that it's you against the liberals, and they'll leave you with nothing. You're voting in fear of a NWO, but that's exactly what you'll be getting. You want limited government, but these multinationals are going to turn into our new g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ gods.
>>
>>120728
There's nothing like a conservative telling me what my rights are and how to get rid of them. You people truly are a caricature of yourselves.
>>
>>120750
>They voted for Lyin' Ted.
Did you see who the other choices were?
>>
>>120776
Conservatives main thing is preserving the constitution. Unlike a liberal who's main thing is destroying it (for the better though)
>>
>>120777
>Did you see who the other choices were?
Yes, it was an unfortunate year for choices. Ted only won in a second and highly contested run off election.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ted-cruz-wins-republican-runoff-for-texas-senate-seat/2012/07/31/gJQADsLtNX_blog.html
>>
>>120787
Except for freedom of religion
>>
>>120828
Oh no!

Christians want to abstain from participating in gay weddings and abortions!!!!
>>
>>120787
>Conservatives main thing is preserving the constitution
>When the article is about how conservatives are literally trying to change the constitution
>>
>>120834
Sometimes you have to change things to better protect and preserve it, you will understand when you are older.
>>
>>120835
Is this the opening gambit of Civil War 2?
>>
>>120839
Probably.
>>
>>120839
The South shall rise again!
>>
>>120728
>abortion isn't a right
Ok
>marriage isn't a right
Gays should still be able to marry though
>anchor babies aren't citizens fucking revoke all their citizenship
If someone has a child with an American citizen, that person should be considered American as well as long as they aren't a criminal. Typical republican sitting his pants over brown people

>fuck democrats constantly working the system like this
Republicans are LITERALLY the ones working the system right now, though. Or does changing the constitution not qualify to you? Moving on, republicans have done plenty of shady shit using the Congressional Review Act and rule changing

>and you democrats tell me you aren't trying to change the country
I don't recall any Democrat saying they aren't. Consensus on both sides of the Isle is that the country DOES need to change. The only difference between we on the left, and you are that we want to move forward instead of backward. Cunt
>>
>>121947
*aisle
>>
>>121947
>we want to move forward instead of backward.

This is my problem with Democrats. You forcibly conscript the idea that any progress is your progress and anything else is regressive. It's that kind of pretentiousness, that ignorant pride that claims any and all good is yours and all evil belongs to Republicans that breeds /pol/tards.

Try sniffing your own shit for a change, I guarantee it stinks just as much.
>>
>>120835
The means for states to amend the Constitution are already laid out in Article 5. Why do conservative states feel the need to try and bypass this? Don't they believe in Originalism?
>>
>>121949
Leftists favor policies that benefit the poor, and liberals in general support civil rights. Conservatives support shitty trickle down economics that puts the poor at the mercy of the free market. You tell me which is progress and which is recessive
>>
>>120740
Are you retarded?
>>
>>119013
>2 senators chosen by state legislature. Only one chosen by popular vote
This takes too much power away from the people
>one term of 19 years for supreme court justices
Do you like your guns? Younger justices means more liberal justices. That's not always a bad thing, but it's something to consider
>territories get representation
I like this
>>
>>121974
>Leftists favor policies that benefit the poor

exactly why chicago, detroit, and baltimore are such vibrant utopias after 50 years of democrat rule

keep on taxing those people to prosperity, and don't forget to scapegoat the Republicans some more, don't want your ethnic vote containers to switch over
>>
>>121978
>implying federal and state tax laws have a much larger impact on citizens of these cities than those cities' tax laws
>>
>>121984
Don't have a much larger impact*
>>
>>121974
Tell you what anon. If you admit your own biases I will admit mine, and we can both promptly fuck off.
>>
>>118409
>permanently, violently eradicated
>they are your enemy, and they are the greatest threat
>this is war

Could've fooled me. Look at your post again and try telling me you're the voice of cool reason.

And I don't see any real 'war' in the US. Just petty squabbling over politics and a partisan-driven refusal to admit they're better off than they ever were in this century or the last. I know the stats have got my back on this one, so feel free to ask for them.
>>
>>121949
You say all that, yet the Republicans have not done a single thing to benefit the people, or even appeal to them with lip service at the very least. And no, most of the people don't earn seven figures or above, and get bussed around in limousines stocked with Dom Perignon.

Frankly, any poor and disenfranchised person voting Red is little better than a turkey voting for longer Christmases. You misconstrue the emotion directed to Republican voters from the informed to be hatred and contempt. Pity would be closer to the truth.
>>
>>120767
Have you stopped to think of who makes up a good chunk of the red party? It's people who care more about social issues than economic ones. As long as you have democrats fully supporting things like abortion in any circumstance, no-fault divorce, and unchecked immigration, you're going to have people who would've been interested in voting for you looking elsewhere.

But democrats as a whole are too foolish to notice that. They're so entwined in forcing both economic and social change in the same platform that they can't understand why they're pushing people away. The party is entirely comprised of egalitarian intellectuals running the show supported by a mass of minorities with a sprinkling of working class whites in northern states and California, and they still wonder why they can't woo what should be easy targets to vote for them.
>>
>>122027
>As long as you have democrats fully supporting things like abortion in any circumstance, no-fault divorce, and unchecked immigration, you're going to have people who would've been interested in voting for you looking elsewhere.
Democrat here. Democrats don't support those things. Nice stereotyping straw men you've set up for everyone though.
>>
>>122015
>Republicans have not done a single thing to benefit the people
Except when they freed the slaves

That was the best!

All democrats do is steal tax dollars, reallocate them while getting rich themselves. My heroes!
>>
>>121947
You don't understand the anchor baby issue.
That is typical of liberals. You don't understand anything and just assume people disagree with you bevause they're evil.

Pregnamt Illegal immigrants come to America specifically to have their baby on our soil. because IMMIGRATION LOOPHOLE that kid is now an America.

This is a joke. Its only the law legal because some kangaroo court said "there is no real distinction between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant."

>I don't recall any Democrat saying they aren't
>we want to move forward

Meaning you want to be more like non-American countries.

Why don't you just move, and leave this country be?

Because you dont like liberty. You want to force everyone into communism.

Enjoy high school while it lasts. Life is rough on your pussy ass kind.
>>
>>120776

please define, for the audience, what a 'right' is
>>
>>122096
Lol
>>
>>122081
How do you cope with your increasing minority status as a white conservative?
>>
>>122124
>implying I'm white

The party is broadening. America first. Fuck your racist politics.

How do you cope with low libetal birthrates? The only way you keep up with conservative demographics is through massive immigration and that is gonna be SHUT IT DOWN.
>>
>>122141
I'm not a liberal but thanks for answering.
>>
>>122096
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_and_legal_rights
>>
>>122141
>The party is broadening
What does this even mean? You mean black people?
>>
>>122143
Sure thing

>>122145
Trump got a little more love from every demographic.

This is the party of America. Mostly white, and all the best of the non-whites.

Democrats are the party of homless illegal immigrants and terrorism LOL
>>
>>122147
In every post you make you blame democrats for something. How about for once you tell us what YOUR political beliefs are instead of what you think Democrats would do or say.
>>
>>122148
What do you want, a list?

I believe in the constitution and sane policies that preserve my country's values. I don't want any new bullshit changing my country into something more European.
>>
>>121989
I'm biased toward good policy
>>
>>122081
>blah blah you know nothing
This isn't an argument. You just sound like a cunt
>anchor babies are just used for instant citizenship
From politifact, "..."the data suggests that the motivator for illegal immigrants is the search for work and a better economic standing over the long term, not quickie citizenship for U.S.-born babies." I see no problem with people trying to make it in the land of opportunity.
>you like progress? FUCKING NON-AMERICAN COMMUNIST PIECE OF SHIT
So, when I say that the poor should have healthcare and not starve to death, you think I'm Stalin?
>>
>>122154
how spectacularly vague
>>
>>122658
Not edgy enough for ya?

You only think it's vague because you don't get America and the greatness that is the constitution.
>>
>>122657
>not starve to death
>Stalin
>being a communist in 2015
>unironically supporting amnesty for 30 million foreigners who likely stole American identification and certainly stole from American tax dollars
>literally calling this %%progress%%
>posting on a website for adults when your literally a fetus tier human
>>
>>122656
Well, I believe the same thing. Since you alone are unable to admit your bias we have no recourse than to pick up our rifles, I guess.
>>
>>122666
Well you're a cunt aren't you. Greentext magick doesn't work here
>>
>>122075
Oh God, you actually pulled out that old chestnut. How many history classes does one have to sleep through to not know about the realignment of the Democratic Party and the Southern Strategy?

And more importantly, how is dragging out dusty skeletons from the closet any counter to my argument that the Democrats are offering a better deal to the people than Republicans, who just don't give a shit (and would rather not pay tax at all)? Can you honestly say that the Republicans of the past would be proud of what the GOP has turned itself into today?
>>
>>119021
Shame you need to be taught how to spell.
>>
>>122666
>calling me Stalin because I say people shouldn't starve to death or go tens f thousands of dollars into debt because they have cancer or epilepsy. Fuck off an cap
>saying babies born in America are Americans means I support amnesty for all illegal immigrants
Stop putting words in my mouth. Unlike a lot of other people who vote like I do, I think we should enforce the law
>>
>>122672
What is you even want me to say?
>>
>>122685
Its a myth. You believe in myths? You take it as fact, washington chopped down a cherry tree?

You're supposed to learn actual history after school you moron.
>>
>>123141
If you hang with commies, look and act like a xommie, you're gonna get called a commie.

I don't bitch when people think I'm a nazi. Get over it snowflake.
>>
>>120728
>1. abortion isn't a right
literally for what purpose
>2. marraige isn't a right
see above
>3. anchor babies are not citizens (fucking revoke ALL their citizenship)
maybe you can change it going forward but you're not going to *revoke* citizenship, that will not go over well for a lot of reasons
besides people are up in arms about "anchor babies" because of the perception that their parents will be allowed to stay, which has proven to not be true
>>
>>120831
you know that's not what people care about
people care about this simmering desire to prevent them from happening ever again
>>
>>121949
>You forcibly conscript the idea that any progress is your progress and anything else is regressive.
everyone fucking does this, it's not limited to any political ideologies or any ideologies at all, people and groups all over the country and all over the world say that their change is good and any other change is bad
>>
>>123173
Not true. Republicans only wants to undo the changes done by democrats.

Thats not changing things. It's putting things back to normal.

Not everyone is trying to create a communist utopia you stupid college student
>>
>>123168
>literally for what purpose
>why don't your support killing babies?

Is it really so hard to grasp that some people find is wrong?
>>
>>123177
I'm not asking why you think it's wrong, I'm asking why you want to alter the fucking constitution to outlaw it
>>
>>123176
>Republicans only wants to undo the changes done by democrats.
not true
>Thats not changing things. It's putting things back to normal.
it's still changing things
any alteration from how things are right now is a type of change
>Not everyone is trying to create a communist utopia you stupid college student
I didn't make any fucking statement of ideology
this is the reason I don't fucking directly or strongly side with any ideology BECAUSE THEY ALL PULL THIS HOLIER-THAN-THOU BULLSHIT
YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ME, I AM NOT BETTER THAN YOU, YOU NEED TO FUCKING DEAL WITH YOUR AVERAGENESS
>>
>>123178

They're human beings.

>>123179
I have examined many ideologies, political or otherwise.

And through the power of the human mind, I judge them as I can.

In doing this I have learned which ideologies are better than others.

Does this sound foreign to you?

You shouldn't be so cowardly as to avoid forming an opinion. That is an ideology, anyways, you fool. Its leftism.

Congrats on appreciating your own averageness, but don't project your weakness onto others. That's a choice you made.
>>
>>123163
Except Stalin-style communism does not reflect my beliefs. I don't mind being called a communist, but equating healthcare, education, and safety nets for the poor to Stalin is just retarded. I want to keep people from starving. Not in gulag.
>>
>>123178
>I'm not asking why you think it's wrong, I'm asking why you want to alter the fucking constitution to outlaw it.

Not him, But I'll explain: Abortion prevents single motherhoods, which will encourage girls to become sluts: and Parents don't want that.
>>
>>123195
There doesn't need to be a reason that it benefits society.

They're human beings with constitutional rights. If you kill a mother pregnant with a babby, you get charged for TWO murders.

But woman and doctor can kill baby? Why? This shit is a joke. Society looks the other way on this issue because of sexism, but it's gone on long enough.
>>
>>123190
People weren't starving in America long before communism became trendy.

It's called capitalism producing abundance, and churches/people doing CHARITY

CHARITY, NOT AUTHORITARIANISM GOVERNMENT

fucking kids don't know anything. used to be all kinds of problems were handled by people sharing shit, until government bootlickers decide they want more control.

"I want to keep people from starving"

WOW THAT"S REALLY WEIRD not
>>
>>123201
Well they wouldn't ask for abortion if they didn't find a man responsible enough to take care of both them and their children.

They should accept that Motherhood is the fate of all women, and that heterosexual marriage prevents the strife that their children will go through. That's why homosexuality and abortions should be outlawed.
>>
>>123162
>m-myth!
Give me a reputable, non-revisionist source that refutes Nixon's well-documented appeal to Southern whites, following their disenchantment after Lyndon B. Johnson's signing of the Civil Rights Act. Here's a memo from Nixon's administration in 1971 detailing his plan to deal with the Democrats:

http://thenewyorker.typepad.com/online__georgepacker/files/dividing_the_democrats1.pdf

Nixon may not have used those exact words, but his strategy definitely existed and gave American politics its biggest facelift since Roosevelt's New Deal. I leave it to you to decide whether its legacy is a good or a bad one.
>>
>>123163
>you're a dirty commie because I insist you're one!

Not that guy, but that's what your posts boil down to. And it's interesting you're playing the 'snowflake' card just after broadcasting your swastika, when no one in the thread asked you to.
>>
>>123214
That's not what I said. You just have trouble understanding abstract concepts like generalizations. That must suck.

>>123208
>Nixon's well-documented appeal to Southern whites
What does that have to do with anything? This is the best evidence you have, but I could find endless quotes of racist democrats. Does that mean your party is racist? Yes. Yes it does.

Democrats were the party of slavery and Jim Crow racist segregation. This is indisputable.

THE MYTH is that the racists magically switched parties. It's totally baseless, one dixiecrat switched to republican and ALL THE REST OF THE RACISTS remained democrat.

And they are still racist to this day. They went from discriminating against blacks, to discriminating through affirmative action.

>Democrats when racism was allowed: YEAH SLAVERY. BLACKS TO THE BACK OF THE BUS
>Democrats after republicans ban racism: OK WE GET IT NOW THE BLACKS NEED SPECIAL TREATMENT

No. They don't get it, because they're racist.
>>
>>123217
Nice revisionist history you got going there.

Here's what really happened:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
>>
>>123203
You do realise 'people sharing shit' is EXACTLY the simplest form of Socialism? And why do you think an unregulated free market is your friend when the necessity for such measures as anti-trust funds and the complete lack of anarchocapitalist societies in history proves this isn't the case, along with Hoover's foolish belief that fiscal conservatism and private charity would somehow solve the Great Depression?

Finally, if you're not the anon who wrote >>123163, could you please go and lecture him about the evils of big government, since he evidently needs it more?
>>
>>123218
Nice link you seem real knowledgeable

Stick around, you might learn something beyond what your pubic school teachers "taught" you.

>>123222
The Great Depression, are you serious. That is no argument for socialism. It's an argument for ending the federal reserve, but that's another topic.

Socialism is THE GOVERNMENT USING FORCE to reallocate wealth.

You think this is the same, and church goers funding a soup kitchen?

Please don't do that. There is an enormous difference here. When the government forces people to do something they are putting a gun to your head and forcing compliance.

That's not justice.
>>
>>123223
Just stop pretending like many books haven't been written on the subject of the GOP's pandering to racists with the southern strategy over the last 50 years.

https://muse.jhu.edu/book/37248
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/books/phillips-southern.pdf
>>
>>123224
>omg look at what the liberal media said!
>the party that formed to end slavery and fought for black rights through the civil rights acts ARE RACISTS SERIOUSLY THEY'RE RACIST
>and the democrats that fought to keep slavery and Jim Crow alive are actually the party of anti-racism pelase believe me!!!
>>
>>123226
>wikipedia is the liberal media
Look at the first sentence in the wikipedia article for fucks sake.
>In American politics, the southern strategy was the Republican Party's policy to gain political support in the South by appealing to the racism against African Americans harbored by many southern white voters
You lost, junior, just admit it already.
>>
>>123217
You're blindly labelling >>123190 as something he's not because according to you, he 'acts like one' despite his posts to the contrary. If you think all leftists are Commies regardless of their stated beliefs, then congratulations, you ARE fucking generalising!

Also, I believe posting 'facts' from your ass with the authority of your gut doesn't exactly meet my requirements of a reputable source. And if you're at least cognisant of the fact that racism = bad, then what do you think about the Trump administration's blatantly discriminatory travel bans, and the Democrats' attempts to reverse them? How do racist Dixiecrats yesterday excuse racist Republicans in power today?
>>
>>123228
Liberals lie. They lie and they lie and they lie every day.

The day after republicans won civil rights for blacks (More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats) you began shouting RACIST at the top of your lungs and have not stopped to this day.

The only quality more common in liberals than dishonesty, is projection.

Your party is the only racist party today. Who supports race based laws? Who supports welfare policies that are known to keep the poor disenfranchised?

Which party supports third world immigration, displacing black workers?

DEMOCRATS

Shout racist all you want. It worked great last election. People are waking up to your bullshit.

>>123229
>you ARE fucking generalising
Yes I am. Congratulations on discovering the secret.

Oh, do you think generalizing is the evilness? Did your teachers teach you not to do that?

Well fuck you because it works.
>>
>>123230
>In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.

Why did he apologize, Anon?
>>
>>123229
>racist Republicans in power today?
What racist republicans?

Ending third world immigration is racist?

Im black bitch. Nothing would help my people than and end to hispanic immigration. It's even starting to fuck Hispanic Americans.

What's racist is supporting immigration because "FUCK WHITES and we have enough black voters." That's the democrat motto today.
>>
>>123231
Why didn't Hillary Clinton apoligize for calling a KKK member a "friend and mentor"

Some RINO cuck doens't mean shit. At least my party apologizes for things like that. Democrats have close ties to White Nationalists and the like, but they never admit fault. That's what real racists do.
>>
>>123233
Because that KKK member apologized to the NAACP just like GOP Chairman Ken Mehlman did. It took Ken a bit longer to do it than it did Mr. Byrd.
>>
>>123233
Oh and he isn't/wasn't "some RINO cuck" he was the chairman of the entire republican party at the time.
>>
>>123234
Why didn't HILLARY CLINTON apologize?

I didn't ask about the KKK member, you worm.

Maybe you shouldn't try to play that game because I guarantee you democrats are more guilty by association than republicans.

>Oh and he isn't/wasn't "some RINO cuck" he was the chairman of the entire republican party at the time.
That doesn't mean anything. The republican party is controlled by pussy democrat-lite shills. Every now and then they accidentally let a guy will balls slip through their wall of cuckold donors.
>>
>>123234
There is a good reason the KKK has voted republican since the Dixiecrats became republicans in the 70s and 80s. It's called The Civil Rights Act of 1964. They voted only for democrats or the States Rights party from the end of prohibition to the time prior to 1964.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/29/for-decades-the-ku-klux-klan-openly-endorsed-candidates-for-political-office/
>>
>>123237
She doesn't have anything to apologize for. Byrd long ago stood with the NAACP and held hands for the television cameras back when Hillary was first lady of Arkansas.

Nobody believes your revisionism. Stop pretending like the GOP hasn't been the 'racist pandering party' since the 1964. The one central tenant of The Southern Strategy employed by the GOP for 50 years has been pandering to 'states rights' racists who want to go back to segregation.
>>
>>123238
>the Dixiecrats became republicans in the 70s and 80s
Absolutely false. ONE GUY switched, and the rest stayed democrats.

>Nobody believes your revisionism

False. More and more people learn things everyday. Especially edgy and shocking facts like this.

Only a certain creed to person actually believes the shit they learned in public school.

How many books are there on this topic? "Lies my teacher taught me" is a good example. There are many books just FILLED with lies like this big switch.

Stop reading exclusively blue pill sources. What happened to kids today, you trust the establishment now?
>>
>>123242
It isn't false, man. Again, why else would the chairman of the GOP apologize for 40 years of racist pandering?
>>
>>123223
I'm not advocating socialism, I'm advocating moderation. The problem here seems to be your belief that any restrictions on big business, no matter how reasonable or limited, equates to Socialism.

To make this simple, can you look at monopolising sons-of-bitches like Martin Shkreli and say 'sure, let them do what they want, it's just business'? If you can't, then you're starting to see my point of view.
>>
>>123243
Are we holding entire political parties responsible for what their chairman says?

Donna Brazile is corrupt and got debate questions early.

Does that mean democrats are the party of corrupt cheaters?

Of course not. We judge political parties based on their policies.

Which racist policies do republicans support? None. They support pro-American policies that you psychos equate with racism.

Democrats are guilty of slavery, Jim Crow segregation, the KKK, and racial affirmative action, crime laws that lead to predicted MASSIVE black incarceration, and welfare policy that predictably keeps black families poor and broken.

You can produce no similar list of republican racist. All you have are innuendo and allegation.
>>
>>123245
>Martin Shkreli
This guy is fine, honestly. I watched some presentation he gave and he's really misunderstood.

You've got a lot to learn. Hopefully you have the balls.
>>
>>123232
You honestly don't agree with the travel ban, do you? Does it make any sense to restrict immigrants from 7 countries simply because they're Muslim, despite having no appreciable links to terrorism and a significant proportion of them holding green cards?

And guess what, immigrants coming to work in America is mainly possible because companies are going to hire people willing to be paid less to do awful jobs not many people want! Since you support the free market, wouldn't you agree that employers should have the right to hire whoever they want, and big government shouldn't interfere with that?
>>
>>123246
Wow, brilliant deflection. But you're purposely missing the point that the chairman of the party does speak for the party when he is apologizing for 40 years of racial pandering, from George Wallace to Willie Horton to John McCain's fictional "black baby" in 2000.

The problem with his apology is that the GOP didn't stop pandering in 2005 when he made it. McCain employed the same tactics against Obama in 2008 and Romney in 2012. I don't think Trump could be pegged under the same GOP card as the rest but he still definitely employs racial dog whistles in his speeches if not his forthcoming actions.
>>
>>123248
>You honestly don't agree with the travel ban, do you?
I support the ban, but we need to add about a billion more countries to the list.

>Does it make any sense to restrict immigrants from 7 countries simply because they're Muslim
Yes considering half of them (statistics and math here) admit they support Sharia Law, which would mean over throwing my country,

>awful jobs not many people want!
This is yet another offense lie told by liberals. I bet you people used to say this about slavery hahaha.

There has never been a shortage of low skill labor at any point in human history, except maybe after war and plagues. That's just ridiculous.
>>
>>123247
If you agree with him, good for you. All I ask of you is the intellectual honesty to admit that many, many people from the left, right and centre think he's a bit of a callous bastard for jacking up the price of Daraprim, a godsend for AIDS patients who don't fancy the idea of drowning in their own fluids, to $750 dollars a pop.

But you're right, the guy's not THAT bad. Hell, he actually donated a little money to Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>123250
Deflection? You're deflecting from the Democrats entire history of racism to some shit a republican said.

That does not excuse democrat open racism from slavery through affirmative action. Not even close.

The latest in the Democrat's racism is support of Black Lives Matter. Are they not racist anymore, because they're supporting a different kind of racist? haha.
>>
>>123253
Yes I admit that many, many people from the left, right and centre think whatever.

What does that have to do with reality?

I don't remember exactly the issue with that guy but he didn't really cost people money. The pharmaceutical and insurance industries are just fucked up and need a major overhaul.
>>
>>123255
>chairman of the party apologizing for 40 years of bad behavior
>some shit a republican said
Alright I'm done arguing with trolls.
>>
>>123257
You want to hold a party accountable for something one guy said...

...But excuse the history of the democrat party actively endorsing slavery, the KKK, and every despicable form of discrimination including eugenics.

>I'm done
I agree.
>>
>>123251
Oddly enough, I actually agree with you a bit (but just a bit) about banning more countries that deserve it. Saudi Arabia is one of them, given the shiploads of dollars they hand out like candy to terrorist groups. I'd say that definitely warrants a few sanctions, except our petro-driven economy prevents us from doing more than raising an eyebrow.

Moderate muslims, by and large, simply want to get on with their lives like everyone else. Yes, the 'not all Muslims' meme isn't one because people are sensible enough to realise that for all of ISIS' propaganda of being the one true Islam, Muslim-majority countries like Turkey and Indonesia never bought that crap and are secular democracies to boot. Penalising non-extremist countries like them instead of those that actually make concrete contributions to world terror is just ass-backwards; 'discrimination' isn't a snarl word, it's the only fitting word to explain this mess.
>>
>>123262
>Turkey and Indonesia never bought that crap and are secular democracies to boot

>turkey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

>Indonesia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Indonesia

Yes those countries are much better than others, but they still have issues I don't want want in my country.

Why should they come here? Do we have some kind of obligation to let people immigrate into our countries?
>>
>>123256
>I disagree with the vast majority who hate monopolies
>I'm a realist
Pick one and only one. Almost every single healthcare organisation in the nation united to call his ass out for trying to profit on a drug that's sold for pocket change everywhere else, and even today incorporating it into your regimen can set you back thousands of dollars in co-pay. The fact that Turing is still trying to deflect their CEO's greed onto the general industry is galling in its audacity.

Yes, Big Pharma ought to be overhauled, to get rid of profiteers like his ilk who disregard the sick for higher profit margins. And you voted in the very guy who's going to kneecap those efforts by handing healthcare over to his ilk and further cutting their taxes.
>>
>>123264
The Founding Fathers who wrote the constitution thought so. Makes sense, because just about every American apart from American Indians are descendants of immigrants; if you think about it, we've voted a German into the White House, and have done so before (Eisenhower).

If they obey the law and pay their taxes, which a large proportion of them do, then yes, let them come and stay by all means so the country can profit by their labor. The welfare-hoggers are the exception, not the rule, no matter how blue in the face wingnuts get while talking about them, and even they're competing with whites too.
>>
>>123265
Healthcare organizations are some of the most corrupt shitholes on planet Earth. What the vast majority of normies thinks doesn't exactly speak volumes either.

>And you voted in the very guy who's going to kneecap those efforts by handing healthcare over to his ilk and further cutting their taxes.

But Obamacare was a wet dream cum true for insurance companies. It forces everybody to pay for corrupt healthcare they can't afford.

Trump is starting to repeal it and the regulations that benefit these "pinkos" or whatever you kids are calling the elite nowadays.

We'll get a real healthcare system going, with a little help for those who need it. Not socialist healthcare for everyone.
>>
>>123267
>Trump is starting to repeal it and the regulations that benefit these "pinkos" or whatever you kids are calling the elite nowadays.
By giving them more money and letting them charge more?
>>
>>123266
This notion that the founding fathers were a bunch of open borders liberals is laughable. Haha.

All this melting pot stuff, it's garbage.

https://pjmedia.com/blog/no-professor-ahmed-the-founders-were-not-so-fond-of-islam/

Some quotes in there
>>
>>123255
>That does not excuse democrat open racism from slavery through affirmative action.
10/10 would read again
>>
>>123269
We need competition, so they are encouraged to produce the best product like in every business.

And we need a transparent market. "One butt exam - $50" That kind of thing. In the current market nobody even knows what things cost, it's bizarre.
>>
>>123203
>people weren't starving in America before communism became trendy
If you honestly believe this, you're either severely deluded or just retarded. The free market and charity don't solve every fucking problem, anon. People still stsrved, and died, because they were poor. Look up the gilded age and come back when you know something
>healthcare, education, and welfare= AUTHORITARIANISM
There is a huge difference between the rich having to pay their fair share in taxes, and GULAG. Fuck
>fucking kids don't know anything
Pretty ironic since you're the one who thinks people have never starved to death while capitalism has been around, doesn't seem to know shit about history, and puts words in my mouth all the goddamn time. If you keep being this retarded, I'm just going to have to assume you're a troll, and move on
>>
>>123206
>finds correlation between Homosexuality and abortion
Wtf are you on, anon. Cuz I want some
>government should have a say in what two consenting adults do in the bedroom
Nah. Fuck off
>>
>>123217
The fuck is with you people? Yes. The Democrats founded the KKK, and even supported slavery before that. Some shit happened. Now republicans are the racist ones. Get over it. Demographics change all the fucking time. Both parties have been around for fucking ever
>>
>>123233
>democrats have ties to white supremacists
Our republican president's chief strategist ran bretbart, a website known for anti-Semitic and racist articles. Dipshits supporting the alt-right and trump cite breitbart all the time. If either has ties to white nationalists, it's republicans
>>123247
>CEO that dramatically raised price of AIDS medication is a decent human being
Good ine, anon. Keep em coming
>>
>>123270
What's laughable is that you take PJmedia's word for it.
>>
>>123359
Because it's laughable the things you are saying. Everybody besides you apparently learned in school how the racist dixiecrats became republicans. And you're saying that 98% of blacks vote Democrat today because Democrats are somehow still the racists? The cognitive dissonance you spew is astounding.
>>
>>123373
Did you reply to the wrong post? In mime I clearly state that republicans today are racist, and the Democrats are not
>>
>>123390
>and the Democrats are not
Democrats are the most racist of them all.

Look at any democrat-run city: Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit. When elections come around democrats pipe about how they are the tolerant ones. But during the years between they do absolutely nothing to improve the quality of life for their minority constituents. You aren't fooling anyone.
>>
>>123398
Democratic policies are overwhelmingly populist. Universal healthcare is populist. Social programs are populist. Banking regulations and EPA are populist. Endowment for the arts is populist. A strong government is populist because it overwhelmingly benefits the working class, which have the largest numbers to influence the vote, but not the most disposable income to vote with their dollar. Citizens United may have been conservative, but it was certainly not populist.

Trump, Congressional Republicans, and Bannon are either lying through their teeth or don't understand the meaning of populism. They've billed themselves as populist and totally sold the country to corporations. In what sense is that America First? Maybe an argument can be made that tarrifs and subsidies are populist, which is why unsurprisingly it's one of the promises of Trump that Congress is least likely to support.

NAFTA was originally an idea floated by US conservatives.
>>
>>123360
>anti-Semitic
>Israel section.

They're more anti-muslim than anti-semitic.
>>
So you're willing to sacrifice the constitution itself for the sake of eliminating socialism and only pay taxes for military might. That's the core of your problem; you don't want to pay for shit that you don't need.

Also, isn't socialism the practice of cooperation between workers in terms of production as oppose to an hierarchical structure of employers? Cause that what Marx advocate this whole time. What you're wailing against is the welfare state in which you have to pay taxes for charity and volunteer programs, like Social Security and Medicaid. Plus you're against regulatory programs like the EPA and DoE, which use taxpayer's money to enforce federal laws.

It all comes down to Taxes and Welfare, not Socialism and Communism. So leave the Commie narrative out of this and just complain on how the nanny state creates a generation of lazy ass fucks who don't want to take responsibility on their own actions.
>>
>>123409
A generation? My dude, you have people like that across several generations.
The first complain about food stamp and welfare cuts would be lower class poor people, and the first to complain about medicare and ss would be old farts. The nanny state extends from boomers to Gen Z.
>>
>>123415
Actually, the Nanny state came from the New Deal, but you have a point on the generations part.
>>
>>123373
It's a distraction tactic and anytime he can weave it into the conversation he will because he has autism.
>>
>>123408
My point still stands
>>
>>123357
I was referring to America you dense mother fucker.

Even during the great depression barely anyone died.

Nobody starves in this country and it's not because of the shitty government.

Religious charities and regular people fund soup kitchens and homeless shelters. Due to capitalism you can even just ask a restaurant or a 7/11 for their garbage. These places throw out pounds of food every day.
>>
>>123373
Are you really trying to argue that the information you learned in school is accurate?

That's a joke. You could google for yourself some contrary information, but that's requires courage. Literally one guy dixiecrat switched, and the rest stayed democrats.

Right after the republicans passed the Civil Rights Act, democrats began supporting race based policies like Affirmative Action.

Try to understand what racism actually is. Who cares what type of racism they practice? It's treating people differently based on race. This is outright discrimination, favoring blacks and hispanics for job and college applications, and punishing whites and Asians solely based on race. They've done the same thing with gender.

I was thinking the other night, how during the slavery times, people didn't really think slavery was so bad. That's just how things were, and maybe it was better that way.

That's exactly how people feel about the racism toward whites right now. You people aren't a bunch of sick racist like the slave traders, you're just SHEEP going with the flow.

In 15 years we'll all be looking back as if we all knew these policies were wrong. And by then the democrats and republicans will have switched parties again, surely it was those damn republicans at it again!
>>
>>123558
>I promise. Capitalism works great. People are even able to eat scraps that the local 711 would've just thrown away
Sounds great. Tax the rich fairly, and everyone gets more than just fucking scraps
>>
>>123569
Why are you moving the goalposts?

The point was the people don't starve. Case closed faggot.
>>
>>123570
But the wealth gap is huge, which is the point.
>>
>>123559
>The things you learned in school are wrong
>You have to go to college to know how to google
???
>Literally only one switched
The Ghosts of Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms are laughing at your ignorance.
>Democrats are the real racists because I said so!
Keep telling yourself that enough and maybe it will magically become true.
>>
>>123632
Which party today recently tried to get rid of part of the Civil Rights Act of 1965, wants a border wall, and whose constituents overwhelmingly want to keep foreigners out?
>>
>>123628
hahaha oh man you commies are just ridiculous

>>123632
>The Ghosts of Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms are laughing at your ignorance.
So you're saying that it was actually 2 dixiecrats that switched.

I guess the democrats are absolved of their history of racism (and modern racism) now, all because of those 2 fucking guys.
>>
>>123636
Notice how none of those things are actually racist. A border is just a border, and even immigrants don't want foreigners coming into Amierca.

Whereas the things democrats did were objectively racist discrimination.

Isn't that strange? Shouldn't the racist party have some clearly racist policies? lol
>>
>>123734
>So you're saying that it was actually 2 dixiecrats that switched.
No I'm saying all the ones who lived after 1990 switched. History didn't end in 1970. And yes, compared to the GOP southern strategy, democrats truly are the party of all-inclusiveness. I'm sorry that contradicts your revisionism.
>>
>>123737
When exactly did the party that formed to end slavery become the racist party?

What it right about the same time democrats began calling every disagreeing person a racist?
>>
>>123737
>democrats truly are the party of all-inclusiveness
How is it all-inclusive to discriminate against whites in school and jobs applications?

There are extra help programs in school that are for only certain races. Where I grew up there was a program just for Asians.

Companies get money from the government if they hire black people or females.

There was this Asian kid who studied extremely hard, living in the ghetto. But because of Affirmative Action, he didn't get into Yale. If he were black he would have gotten into Yale easily. But other members of his race have "privilege."

These are real life examples of racism happening every day BY OUR GOVERNMENT. That's the institutional racism you liberals have been looking for. But it's the wrong kind, right. lol
>>
>>123740
1964. Blame LBJ.
>>
>>123742
It's all fun and games until the federal reparations assessor comes to check your white privilege.
>>
>>123743
You're saying republicans became racist the year they passed the civil rights act

So a bunch of racists support a party formed to end slavery, and as soon as they accomplish their goal they decide to become racist?

This doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>123745
Are you black? If not, you might as well go ask random black people when their familes started voting democrat.
>>
>>123747
I am black but that's irrelevant. Nobody in my family was voting in the 30's, when blacks bought into the welfare state.

As if this is information random people would know, anyway.

This is long before any kind of civil rights and blacks were not proud to leave the party that freed them from slavery. Shame.
>>
The republicans can certainly call a constitutional convention but they're still 4 legislatures short of passing any amendments.
>>
I'll just leave this here:
http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Legislative_Exchange_Council

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/ALEC_Corporations
>>
>>123745
It does when you think of the enormous political opportunity that lied with the disaffected southern democrats who felt betrayed by their party, Nixon decided to cash in on that angst years later in the 70's. Demographic shifts take time, but they happen.

It's also being disingenuous to act like the republicans were the sole reason why the bill passed. LBJ was it's biggest supporter, and signed it into law, also more democrats voted for the bill than did Republicans. The southern democrats were a racist faction of the party I don't deny it, but they were a minority, and largely switched over to republicans in the ensuing decades.
>>
>>123752
>also more democrats voted for the bill than did Republicans
This is an outright lie, and the rest of your post isn't much better.

It's miseading to imply that only some democrats were the racists. There were racists democrats and non-racist democrats, but ALL racists were democrat.

And there is NO evidence that they switched to republican. The so-called racist republicans merely want their country to stop changing. You don't have to be white to feel that way. The only protesters I see holding racist signs and supporting racist policies are democrats.
>>
>>123753
Take a look at wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
>>
>>123753
>It's miseading to imply that only some democrats were the racists. There were racists democrats and non-racist democrats, but ALL racists were democrat.
This sentence leads me to believe that you are full of shit.
>>
>>123755
More republicans voted for the civil rights act ya stinkin' revisionist
>>
>>123763
Well, it's true. And sorry not sorry but facts don't care about your facting feelings.
>>
>>123768
What the fact that more democrats voted for the civil rights act than did republicans?
>>
>>123734
NOBODY CARES!!!

get back on fucking topic you dense fucker.
>>
>>123750
AKA the Party of Koch.

I'm not surprised.
>>
>>123780
I humbly accept your defeat.
>>
>>123786
this is /news/ not /his/.

Take your Racist narrative there.
>>
>>123792
>>123795
see>>123786
>>
>>123798
for what? to admit that Democrat should be purge from the face of the earth?

Your god damn /pol/ narrative is wearing thin.
>>
>>123792
>Barack Obama is a democrat; end of story.

>>123799
see >>123786
wth r u even talking aboout stfu
>>
>>123801
You wanted me to say that Dixiecrats is a lie.

I wanted you to take that arguement of yours to either /pol/ or /his/.

This is about the fucking constitution for fuck sake, so what does racism among party lines have anything to do with any of this? It seems to be like a Class problem above all else.
>>
>>123808
see >>123780
then see >>123786
>>
>>123786
Blow up you ass, no one agrees with you.
>>
>>123734
Stop with this communist ruined everything bullshit and admit that we're in a generations of spoiled brats that want the fucking nanny states to hold their fucking hands. We're in world gone fucking soft, and neither parties are confident enough to tear it all down and start anew. Why don't you just go join a lobby group and overthrow the fucking government you nerd?
>>
>>123230
Oh look, it's that idiot again;

Sad that /pol/ is infested with butthurt berniebros?

Why don't you cry home to papa Spencer?
>>
To the guy who believe that Dixiecrats and Nazipublicans are a lie; go fuck yourself.

Also, They all Neo-Liberal/Conservative now; they're in the pocket of mega corporations as >>123750 pointed out.
>>
>>123819
>we're in a generations of spoiled brats that want the fucking nanny states to hold their fucking hands
all of that was caused by terrible ideas from "think tanks" which are basically communist

>Why don't you just go join a lobby group and overthrow the fucking government you nerd?
because I'm not a freakin' communist.

>>123821
Are you sad that you have to read hate facts

Well sorry not sorry but facts don't give a fact.
>>
>>123822
*burps in your face*
>>
>>123824
>>123825
It official, you're a poltard.

go back to /pol/ poltard.
>>
>>121947

Western lefties have the weirdest idea about what "moving forward" means. Moving forward in my country means an increase in development of infrastructure and modernization of older, less efficient practices for more streamlined ones that make use of new tech.
moving forward in the west seems to be ethnic replacement and letting mentally ill people get their own bathrooms. You guys and your "philanthropic" handlers need to focus your energy on stuff that matters if you want to continue being relevant. If my country (China) ends up usurping you guys as the dominant force no one is gonna care about feminism or Western culture anymore.
>>
>>123849
>Western lefties have the weirdest idea about what "moving forward" means.
Eastern righties have the strangest ideas about what western lefties think and want.
>>
>>123824
Are you're that obsessed with communism and socialism?
>>
>>123888
nice sentence
>>
>>123849
How about you worry about the demographic cliff you're currently hurdling towards.
>>
Beware anyone pushing for a 'Constitutional' convention as what would emerge would be wholly unrecognizable from what was being the stated goal.

In this instance perhaps the shill,errr, representative of the people could just support and enforce the 10TH.

State's Rights. Novel concept.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.