[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I will never go on a train vacation I just want to ride

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: sad.jpg (381KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
381KB, 1000x750px
>tfw I will never go on a train vacation

I just want to ride around in a comfy train with nice windows, and read books.
>>
>>919040
I've got no interest in trains, but I did look at taking the cross-Canada tour (I live in western BC). It was going to be around $6800 before fees and taxes to go one way.
>>
>>919040
you sound like you're not in europe or japan so

grab a southwest flight to chicago
ride cta and metra all day
check out the four major train stations chicago has - union station, ogilvie transportation center, la salle street station, and randolph street station

take amtrak's empire builder from chicago union station to glacier national park and check out the park. or just to wisconsin dells and play at the dells for a day. or whatever. from chicago you can go pretty much anywhere.
>>
>>919065
$6800? Are you sure? That's a huge chunk of money.
>>
>>919040
Tell us where you live, anon. We can plan a train ride for you.
>>
>>919149
florida
>>
When i was young I got to go to a pioneers camp by the black sea. WE had a two day train hourney from Moscow to there. The ride was cool because of the people, but the fucking train was soooooooooo loud, and rythmically so. Really grinded my gears.
>>
File: 20041011_CRW_2039_RJ.jpg (97KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
20041011_CRW_2039_RJ.jpg
97KB, 640x355px
>>919150
Take it all the way New York. Or you could take a short trip to Charleston, S.C. It's quite scenic. And you'll probably be delayed thanks to the freight railroads; plenty of time to read books. Also, if you into trains, the switch from diesel loco to electric at D.C. Union Station is really fun.

https://www.amtrak.com/silver-service-palmetto-train
>>
File: Amtrak373.jpg (244KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Amtrak373.jpg
244KB, 900x600px
Also, bring as much booze as you can fit into your suitcase. The cafe car and dining car also serve alcohol.
>>
>>919282
>>919280
i want to see snow, ice, and pretty trees
>>
I'm planning an Amtrak trip for June from Kansas to LA, spend a few nights there, and then take the train from LA to San Francisco for a few nights before flying back home to Kansas. Hope the trains don't run too late.
>>
>>919040
>I just want to ride around in a comfy train with nice windows, and read books
you can't read books in a comfy chair next to television displaying nice images?

foamers confirmed for outright stupidest people on earth.
>>
>>919425

Take the Canadian, Montreal to Vancouver.
>>
That feel when too old to get "young adult" discount on Interrail pass. I just intended and intended, but always work.

>>919282
No Night Train Express? Or is that reserved to the folks who take the train vacation on gondola cars?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.