[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /n/ think of sandwichbike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: cyclenation_sb_2_large.jpg (54KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cyclenation_sb_2_large.jpg
54KB, 480x360px
What does /n/ think of sandwichbike
>>
Heavy bikes, and I suppose they flex somewhat, is this some kind of meme-bike again?
>>
>>917757
neat idea, too expensive
>>
>>917757
solution in search of a problem. still uses standard seat tube, bottom bracket, and headset-- which is in some kind of plastic headtube substitute?

the fuckin rear dropout is facing backwards. looks like you gotta break the chain every time you need to fix a flat.

why do retarded non-cyclists think their ideas are worth a god damned thing? why do they always re-design bikes? why not faucets or grocery carts or something?
>>
File: TAN4_3120645c.jpg (103KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
TAN4_3120645c.jpg
103KB, 460x287px
>>917779
>fix a flat
Oh no don't worry, the tires are made of 100% solid rubber :)
>>
>Weight: 17 kg
>>
>>917779
>why do retarded non-cyclists think their ideas are worth a god damned thing?
that's ultimately what this boils down to, and just about every retarded concept bike like this

"it's heavier, less durable, less stiff, harsher riding, worse fitting, worse handling, worse equipped and more expensive than any other bike on the market, but you can ride it to your weekly beard club meeting!"

these types of bikes usually attempt to solve problems that don't exist. common themes include integrated shitty locks, bottom of the barrel components, "comfort" seats and handlebars, exotic and worthless materials, and at best a tenuous grasp of design considerations such as fit, aerodynamics and rigidity
>>
>>917797
figures
>>
>>917757
looks like something I would ride downtown and then use as a conversation piece while hanging out. I kinda dig bikes like that but dont own any, I wish I had the space to do it.
>>
>>917779
Like on almost every track bike ever made, you slide the wheel forward enough to derail the cain off the chainring, and then out. It's not even hard, yo.
>>
>>918000
it's not a track dropout, though. it's the same dropout that's on the fork, and it's bottomed out.

please actually look at the picture instead of just arguing for argument's sake you tiresome shiteater.
>>
>>917779
>the fuckin rear dropout is facing backwards. looks like you gotta break the chain every time you need to fix a flat.

you know how i can tell you've never had to patch a rear tube on a motorcycle?
>>
File: Sandwichbike-3.jpg (365KB, 982x550px) Image search: [Google]
Sandwichbike-3.jpg
365KB, 982x550px
>>918009
Of course it's a slidig dropout you raging homosexual. Please fucking google a picture of the rear dropout before ranting.
How would you even tension the chain unless it was a sliding dropout?
Which it quite clearly is.

It's bottomed out because the retard photographers wanted the wheel "centered" and demanded a short chain. Feel free to not shorten the chain until you're bottomed out, should you ever hit your head and buy one.
>>
>>917757
>bike made of wood
>ride it in the rain
>ends up warped and ruined
yeah nah no thanks looks like a completely dumb idea.
>>
>>918210
>saddle made of leather
>ride it in the rain
>ends up warped and ruined
>>
>>918012
Motorbikes have tubes?
>>
>>918212
>Bumfuck neighbor fred
>Ride him in the rain
>Dic ends up warped and ruined
>>
>>918032
>It's bottomed out because the retard photographers wanted the wheel "centered" and demanded a short chain.
What you've just said... Is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>918582
It's not my thought, so why would it be rational. No rational person would set a bike up with a chain that's so short the wheel has to be right that far in the dropouts.
But it looks "nice" to stupid people who've never known the first thing about setting a bike up.

You either fail at reading comprehension, or you're just the ranting anon who's now butthurt. Nice pasta comeback though.
>>
>>917757
good
>>
>>917757

Another retarded designbro bike. Throw it in the trash where it belongs
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.