[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longboards - What's the What?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: google-search-longbaords.jpg (96KB, 1500x1012px) Image search: [Google]
google-search-longbaords.jpg
96KB, 1500x1012px
What's /n/ think of longboards? I see hundreds of them around college on the daily. Are they worth it for cruising around campus or the neighborhood? On the topic of worth, what will an entry level, fully build board run you and what will putting down the mad money improve? Also why are bikes better?
>>
longboards are fun, I learned to ride on one and then kind of felt lame on it after a while. Now I have a normal board with some big wheels on it that I like to cruise on a lot more, its smaller, lighter, and more manueverable and I can plausibly do a trick on it if I ever practiced that. I had one of the tiny plastic penny boards as well and they are a blast I would use it to bar hop and never had a major issue even when heavily intoxicated.
I just got a unicycle which I am attempting to learn but the curve is pretty steep, Soon enough though I will be drunkenly terrorizing cars on one wheel rather than 4
>>
>>916547

>longboard
>unicycle

Reported for underage
>>
>>916550
He could be an undergrad
>>
>>916515
Why are bikes better? Lol, they are much more safer. They have two brakes. A longboard relies on your foot/shoe so I'd say it's much more dangerous to ride in traffic on one.
>>
>>916654
This.

>Bikes
Have brakes, you can jump curbs, go through any terrain (and i`m saying ANY), climb streets, and a bike feels alot more "natural" than a longboard.

I've used to ride a BMX for a long time, gone through a trial, and not i have a MTB. But i'm thinking if i should get a skateboard or a longboard. They seem to be fun to ride, and i want to learn.
>>
>>916654
yeah how is this even a question?
>>
Longboards can be good for short commutes and campus. Expect to pay no less than $190 for a quality longboard. Longskating is a hobby of mine, I don't use as transportation. Obviously bikes are better and safer for commuting.
>>
>>916547
If you got good enough to actually bomb hills, instead of cruising around like a faggot, you would understand.
>>
>>916819
If you dont start skating from childhood(15 at the latest), you have pretty much no chance of getting decent at skateboarding. And if you do want to get the hang of it, you are going to have to put way more time than you are probably willing into getting the hang of it.

tl;dr if you didnt skate as a child, dont start now unless you like fucking up your legs.
>>
I wish I was good on one. Early twenties now and seems to late to learn.
>>
Tried learning how to long board last year but steep hills everywhere plus was injured for a few months. Want try learning again but bikes be my fetish, also want to find someone who can teach me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>>917052
>>917123
That's not true.

If you want, you can do anything, man.

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
>>
>>916515
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.