[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much should I sell my bike for? RRP for all the parts is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

How much should I sell my bike for?

RRP for all the parts is around $12000AUD,

Looking to fund a new Aeroad CF SLX + Power Meter(for Shimano). I made myself a promise to buy one as soon as they become available in the country.

(Not selling with Carbons, selling with Shimano RS-81's)
>>
>>913810
About three thousand fifty dollars.
>>
>>913823
ayy
>>
So does the $12000 include the enves or not?

Either way You'd probably be lucky to get 4 or 5k for it. From what I've noticed on gumtree it feels like high end bikes go very slowly.

THAT SAID, good fucking luck getting a Canyon. Apparently they've been having a great deal of trouble keeping up with demand for months now.
>>
>>913837
It's because if you are justifying spending more than $2000 on a bike to yourself you're already a fred, and the Used Bike Stink might slow you down
>>
>>913838
I'd only be worried about that on a Tri bike really.
>>
>>913837
Apparently there are only 40 or so of those red frames in Australia, with no plans to bring more. Might be able to sell for significantly more, with exclusivity factor and all.
>>
>>913860
Tell that to collectable bike man, good luck (genuinely) finding someone who cares.
>>
>>913810
Welp, waiting list for almost all sizes on the Aeroad are already out to about 3 months. No thankyou.
>>
might help if you told us what was actually on it

it's certainly going to be nowhere near $12,000

not only do bicycles depreciate extremely quickly, but anyone looking to spend that much money on a bike is going to be more inclined to buy their own

also the steerer tube looks to be cut, that could potentially be an issue (not guaranteed to be, it just limits your potential buyers)

the color is literally going to make no difference, don't tell yourself that, it's not really a special color scheme (every fred has at least one red bike) and 40 isn't really that low of a number, but anyone who desperately wanted this frame and wanted it in red would already have it

if it truly has such expensive components your best bet might be to part it out and sell everything individually

a $400 stem is going to have no added value to someone who uses a shorter stem. a carbon setback seatpost will offer no value to someone who uses a zero offset seatpost. you've spent thousands of dollars on this bike crafting it to your specifications, and your only hope of getting any money back at all is to find someone whose specifications are identical to yours.

tip: you're not going to, which is why it might make sense to sell the shifters, frame, seatpost, saddle, stem, bars, derailleurs, chainset, etc. separately. you'll be able to get a higher value for each part and most likely be able to move everything quicker. but I'm sure you knew what you were getting into when you bought it.

good luck selling it and good luck with the canyon. that's a lovely fucking bike but like >913837 and >>913864 said, they've been struggling to get their shipments out on time (or really to get them out at all)
>>
>>913869
Spec list as follows:
Full Sram Red 22, with a Quarq Red 22 Power Meter
Deda Zero100 Bars & Stem.
S-Works Romin Evo Saddle.
FSA K-Force Lite 25mm setback seatpost.
Dura-Ace 9000 Direct-mount front brake(Frame takes DM only for front).
Shimano RS-81's with Schwalbe One's.

It's not the colourway that's important, it's the model. This is the 'Ultimate', The highest level frame in the Aircode Series. Every model below this one uses a frame with inferior weight and layup. This is the model FDJ took to the Tour, and only 40 or so were brought over here, for 23 Million people. Think of it as the S-Works version of the Aircode(i.e, the level up from every other model).
>>
>>914003
>Full Sram Red 22
Please don't tell me you're valuing this at $2,500 when you can get it for $1,100 and so on.

>The highest level frame in the Aircode Series. Every model below this one uses a frame with inferior weight and layup.
The highest model of an old year, soon to be obsolete by the new whatever disc aero pro thing.

>This is the model FDJ took to the Tour
And didn't even win.

> only 40 or so were brought over here, for 23 Million people
23 million people want that? And are incapable of spending a couple hundred dollars shipping one internationally? Are you a literal retard?
>>
>>913869
>but I'm sure you knew what you were getting into when you bought i

good one anon. I chuckled.
>>
>>913810
25$ to me. Final offer.
>>
>>913838
Spoken like a true JellyPoorFag. Enjoy your $50 rusty Goodwill bike, held together with duct tape and bailing wire.

>>913810
There are 'blue book' sites out there for used bike value, go find them.

Also be sure to keep rubbing your >$10000 bikes in /n/'s face OP, you'll make lots of friends that way around here. /n/ is chock full of poorfags who will hunt you down and kill you because you dare to remind them that they're poor and apparently you're not.

Not me, though. Of course if you have a bike like that and you're not actively training and road racing all year 'round and 'just riding' it, then you're a waste and really should just bugger off.
>>
>>914011
he did say RRP
>>
>>914050
Nobody cares about it being a $12K fred sled per se. The funny part is that OP thinks he'll be able to finance a new $12K fred sled by selling a used $12K fred sled.
>>
>>914070
>this entire thread
>op thinks he made an "investment"
>>
OP Here. I'm well aware of the depreciation of new bikes after the first 6 months or so, but I can say the frame is in extremely good condition, and the parts were serviced by the team mechanic regularly. I'm simply asking for a reasonable selling point for this bike, so I can cover as much of my next bike as possible. I've changed to a team without a bike sponsor, and so have free choice. I don't really care about your thoughts on how badly you lads think I fucked up by owning anything other than an old-ten speed and riding in anime jerseys. Truth is, I only needed to spend about $3.5k on the bike thanks to sponsorships, discounts, sales etc. So I'm essentially going to be making money from the sale, regardless. I do see the sense in being frugal though, and recouping the costs of my next bike as much as possible. If I have the money for a high-end bike, it's my money to burn, get over yourselves. I appreciate the genuine replies.
>>
>>914050
There is exactly one "blue book" site for used bike value and it's literally the same as just making up a price in your head, because that's exactly what the site does (they took an excel sheet of a few thousand ebay sales and extrapolated values across all other bikes and every model year they could pull out of their ass).

Hence making it nothing like the actual Kelly Blue Book for murdercages, which uses millions of formally recorded data points for every calendar year obtained from public records, and is adjusted for a ton of variables by full-time professional valuation analysts.

Also it is very unlikely you make more than me. Possible, sure, but very unlikely.
>>
>>914087
Put the bike up for at least double of the lowest price you'll accept, and negotiate. Maybe the experience will help you get over yourself, fuccboi.
>>
>>914087
> So I'm essentially going to be making money from the sale, regardless.
Kek, good luck. You might get 4k if you sold them with the ENVEs. Do you actually believe people pay full retail?
>>
>>914050
>buying new bike because my new team has no bike sponsorship
>team
Kek ok

OP just go lurk the Bicycle Market fb page and see what sorta equivalent bikes are going for in aus. I reckon around 3-3.5k with the shimano trainers isnt out of the question though. Dont listen to the filthy neets on here
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.