[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the new Siemens Charger line of locomotives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Thoughts on the new Siemens Charger line of locomotives?
>>
It seems like we've been talking about them and Siemens has had accepted bids for the locos for years now. When the hell are we gonna get a finished product? Hopefully soon by this year.
>>
>>913495
According to Siemens, they are scheduled to roll out in Fall of this year.
>>
I feel as though Siemens is trying to entice Amtrak by having almost 200 avaliable units, but Amtrak a) doesn't have the funding, and b) doesn't plan on replacing their current diesels until 2024. Which means that the Genesis series will be about thirty years old by the time they're replaced.
>>
Modern locomotives look like boxes or vibrators.

Why can't we find a way to bring back the bulldog nose and make it less deadly in a crash?
>>
I would prefer the old Desiro train desu senpai

>>914454
Only for commuter lines.
>>
File: 1408767833440.jpg (262KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
1408767833440.jpg
262KB, 1066x800px
>>914454
At least it's not this.
>>
File: SiemensCharger_Profile_Top.jpg (290KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
SiemensCharger_Profile_Top.jpg
290KB, 750x500px
>>914454
This is a model from Siemens, it seems to not be too box ish. Almost like the Genesis, but with a sloped front from the flat nose.
>>
>>914885
You mean curved, not sloped, right?
>>
>>914881
fuck you the E5 is beautiful
>>
>>913494
Eurodildos coming to the US now?
>>
>muh angled polygons
>>
File: pic.jpg (1MB, 2260x1550px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
1MB, 2260x1550px
>>914907
As a dildo, maybe.
>>914916
They've been here for almost two years now. Pic related.
>>
>>915718
>that massive 'murica sticker
Is any part of the electrical systems actually built or designed in America?
>>
>>915731
I don't know about designed but the entire loco is built in California.
>>
>>915718
Why are pantographs red in murrica? Round here in Europoor land they're black.
>>
>>915894
Might be some sort of safety regulation
>>
>>915731
As far as design, this is from Siemens's overview of the ACS-64: "The engine room layout is similar to the European Vectron locomotive and most of the electrical components are designed identical. "
As for components, one of the limitations in the funding that was given to Amtrak for the ACS-64 was that "at least 90% of the locomotive had to be produced in the United States" it didn't say what that 90% was, whether it was by number of parts, or mass, or whatever.
>>915911
Probably bright safety red for "DON'T TOUCH THIS" so they don't get sued by people who weren't supposed to be anywhere near there in the first place.
>>
>>913494
bvug
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.