[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For bike messenger Wilee (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), dodging speeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 036.jpg (272KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
036.jpg
272KB, 800x534px
For bike messenger Wilee (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), dodging speeding cars, evading crazy cabdrivers, and blowing by millions of cranky pedestrians is all in a day's work. Wilee is one of the best in a dangerous job, and his bike of choice is a Fixie, a lightweight, single-gear unit without brakes.
>>
>>911138
It's a movie.
He's bike had to be unique and interesting, and at the same time be a sort of underdog like he was.
The movie pointed out how much 'better' traditional geared bikes where, several times, during several races and scenes.
I mtb, so don't really have a dog in this fight, ride whatever you love to ride.
>>
Back in the 90s Messengers used to ride MTBs, nowadays they mainly use Fixies. In the near future.. It will be yet another hype
>>
I'm more curious as to why he's using that fuckhuge retarded impractical chain lock
>>
>>911138
Quicksilver is a much better movie and it doesn't depict all messengers as assholes.
>>
>>911138
/n/ b8: the movie
>>
Whatever brah, let's alleycat
>>
>>911168
MTB make sense, you don't have to true wheels every few days from shitty streets
>>
>>911222
Haha what? A well built wheel doesn't need attention for quite some time, regardless of wheel size or spoke count.
>>
>>911259
I agree with you, I had a OVAL brand wheel with my Fuji, that would get thrown out of true every week or two (chicago streets are shit)

My Ultegra wheels are insanely good, they are the best wheels I have ever owned, I bought 2 sets. I have a spare. (they were on crazy sale)

MTB wheels are bomb proof in the streets, they rarely need truing
>>
>>911138
B-but that guys not JGL, and he's on a DJ!
>>
File: 1308934253952.jpg (34KB, 249x281px) Image search: [Google]
1308934253952.jpg
34KB, 249x281px
>>911280
>he's on a DJ!
>>
>>911138

Most messengers ride track bikes, cross bikes, or old rigid 26ers. Sometime on nice days you'll see them bring out their nice road bikes. The smart messengers are the ones on cross and mountain bikes with full fenders and semi-upright flat bars.
>>
>>911549
>The smart messengers are the ones on cross and mountain bikes with full fenders and semi-upright flat bars.
You have no idea what you're talking about, the best messengers will be the best messengers on a beach cruiser.
>>
>>911552

I said smart not best
>>
>>911280
It's a trials bike
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.