[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - "thoughts of suicide" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 92

File: dailynewfoundinterest.png (335KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
dailynewfoundinterest.png
335KB, 495x495px
We're all doing it tonight, no more warnings.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to finally get taste holy shit.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

previously, on /daily/: >>74555900
>>
File: Backlog Chart 10.png (3MB, 2296x2413px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog Chart 10.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
Peanut Butter Wolf - My Vinyl Weighs a Ton (1999)
>west coast hip hop

Pure fun, Peanut Butter Wolf is a great producer and the mixtape-esque nature of this release is really addictive. The rapping is probably the main issue here. Charizma and Quasimoto are of course both awesome when they appear, spitting some of the only really memorable verses the album has to offer. There isn't a terrible verse, there's just a bunch of mediocre verses that leave no impression. The turntablist tracks are most definitely a lot better, dude knows his way around a turntable.

3.0-

Faust - Faust IV (1973)
>krautrock, experimental rock

The fittingly named opener is the perfect krautrock track. Beautiful drone combines with insane noise rock, creating something wholly unique and absolutely awesome. This quality keeps up on the other two longer tracks: "Jessica" and "Giggy Smile / Picnic on a Frozen River". These tracks represent Faust at their best, blowing anything from their debut out of the water. The shorter tracks put a bit of a blemish on this otherwise wonderful album. They're still solid, of course, just more inconsequential and goofy. A wondrous, much poppier addition to Faust's catalogue.

3.0+
>>
File: borkj.jpg (111KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
borkj.jpg
111KB, 451x451px
:D
>>
File: drones.png (2MB, 2000x1272px) Image search: [Google]
drones.png
2MB, 2000x1272px
>Armia

I'm sorry doc, but this is some wack shit. I'm all for simple and sweet punk music, but there are virtually no songwriting chops here. Not to mention that the arrangements just feel cheap and unnecessary, almost as if to compensate for something.

Husker Du did the whole overproduced hardcore punk shtick better.

Also seriously considering to give up on that Boulez album.
>>
File: 1345994275027.jpg (151KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1345994275027.jpg
151KB, 640x640px
After a couple of dixieland records, this just seems fairly standard dance jazz band. Fairly ok, but nothing too special.
>>
>>74598743
thank you, i thought I was alone in kinda hating that record.
>>
>>74598779
what, boulez or armia?
>>
gimme a recommendation for an album to listen to while rolling a blunt then smoking it while driving
>>
>>74598985
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lee_perry_and_the_upsetters/revolution_dub/
>>
>>74598746
Read up on these guys a bit. The reason why they were probably mentioned in the Penguin guide is because they were one of the first American jazz bands to tour Europe back in 1922, so they were influential in those terms. Guarente is a sweet trumpet player, but, once again, I'm not that impressed desu.
>>
I listened to one emo trap song today, and I think I'm good for a lifetime.
>>
>>74598894
armia
>>
>>74597996
I'm waiting to see how cinemos turns out community-wise, there's some good stuff on letterboxd must most of it is shit
>>
Backlog Chart 10.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
Maggotron - The Invasion Will Not Be Televised (Cos We Don't Have a Video) (1989)
>miami bass, electro

The massive rock element, along with the emphasis on very obvious samples, kinda sours this for me. It's a fun time through and through, the samples are cleverly picked and the miami bass cover of "Caroline, No" works, somehow. It's just that the shtick wears thin rather quickly, it almost veers into parodic territory at points. So many samples get crammed into each songs that Maggotron almost forgets to make the actual song enjoyable. Pretty darn fun though.

2.0+

The Serpents - You Have Just Been Poisoned by (1999)
>psychedelic rock, progressive rock

Massive album, and one of the best modern day prog albums around. The line-up of this band alone is impressive, a who's who of messed-up British music, yet despite the bands impressively massive line-up, this isn't too bloated of an album. There's a lot of ambient textural work that makes up the backbone to nearly every track here that's tastefully subtle, allowing the more upfront rock moments to really stick out. It drifts a lot, sure, often into flat-out boring territory, but it's gripping and inventive all the way through.

3.0+

Khanate - Khanate (2001)
>drone metal

O'Malley's guitar work is always a treat, but god, the vocals take me out of any dark atmospheres this album tries to create. Dubin sounds like Bon Scott with a sore throat, he's absolutely terrible. The bands sound also occupies a bit of an awkward midpoint between Burning Witch and Sunn O))). Not as effectively doomy and head-banging as the former, not as engrossing as the latter. It's awkward and choppy, like O'Malley wasn't really sure what style to take on. Despite that, the guitar work really is impressive, and that makes this worth at least a listen.

>>74598985
doggystyle and the chronic back 2 back

i've never smoked once i just feel those would fit
>>
>>74598985
Cilvia Demo/Sun's Tirade
>>
>>74598985
Eraserhead OST
>>
File: 1501190695144.png (4MB, 1315x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1501190695144.png
4MB, 1315x1672px
>Ethan Chandler - Rituals
>Folk

Simple and warm guitar-playing, but I wish the vocals were a bit more present. The title track is pretty impressive, as well as those guitar squeaks.
5+

>MC 469 - Brawl
>minimal techno, plunderphonics
Nostalgia, and round thumps opens up the album. N-JAMM uses LoZ maybe, and Brambles? I keep thinking of the Field listening to this.
I'm Done For and Farukon roll past just as easily. Not one bad moment, really.

Great description on the bandcamp page.
I need to learn how to mix songs better like this
>>
File: New Log.jpg (2MB, 2260x1064px) Image search: [Google]
New Log.jpg
2MB, 2260x1064px
Sunshine Has Blown - s/t
>EAI

This is my first exposure to EAI and I don't really know how to feel. Definitely maintains a breezy, drone-like structure, with tapes/electronics just screeching along while various instruments kind of pop up randomly along the way. A little too out there for me if we're being honest.

Not something I'm very comfortable writing about and not an album I think I'll come back to very much - but an incredibly unique experience.

3/5

Larry Young - Lawrence of Newark
>Avant-garde jazz, Spiritual Jazz

A spiritual jazz album lead by none other than the great Larry Young. Unlike Unity and Into Somethin - which both feature small, concise (and amazing) lineups - this one is massive. The lineup lists 10 different contributors to percussion/drums. Not that many people end up playing at the same time but there's lots of congas/drumming throughout the entire album that give it a afro-centric/krautrock feel.

Young is the star of the show here though - as his organ just pierces through most of the recording. A lot of the album retains this weird jazz-funk vibe that I'd compare to later fusion Davis. Just weird fuckin spacey music that I wouldn't quite categorize as jazz, funk or psychedelia. Most of the tracks build up in similar fashion, starting traditionally and descending into these maddening, funky jams. Young is a huge part of this, setting the mood perfectly like the keyboard/organ on Bitches Brew. Even when he isn't in the forefront, he kind of drones away in the background, adding this piercing tone to the mix.

Writing this all down, it should be a mindblowing album but it didn't strike me as amazing as his others, even after back to back listens. Definitely something I'll have to return to again soon though

3.5+
>>
File: Nat Listening to the Chronic.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Nat Listening to the Chronic.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>74599367
>i've never smoked once

uh-huuuuuh
>>
just saw most of my friends for the last time for a while
life is cuhrazy
>>
>>74600126
>having friends
normies i swear
>>
>>74600157
im literlaly the apex human, straddling the border between normie and robot, embodying the peaks of each ideal.
>>
File: 1488506830400.jpg (78KB, 405x478px) Image search: [Google]
1488506830400.jpg
78KB, 405x478px
recommend me something that's like rjd2 and buckhead
>>
Backlog Chart 10.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
Ruth White - Flowers of Evil (1969)
>electronic, poetry, tape music

Super ominous, super ahead of its time. White's poetry readings honestly leave a lot to be desired, they're pretty weak on their own and certainly the weakest part of the album. Her electronic compositions, on the other hand, are the coolest thing. Tape loops build upon each other immaculately, creating the perfect atmopsheric accompaniment to White's words. Definitely one of the most forward-thinking albums ever.

3.0-

Sandy Bull - E Pluribus Unum (1968)
>psychedelic folk

Pretty neck and neck with Fantasias, even though the two aren't really comparable. This album may have "Electric Blend" on it, named in reference to the 22-minute track Bull started his career with, but they share little more than their name and a general free-wheeling attitude. Bull has always been the freest and most psychedelic of the primitivists, and nowhere is that more obvious than on here. Each track consists of little more than droning guitar and oud. Doesn't have the same color that Fantasias (or even his live performance with The Rhythm Ace) has, still a lovely record.

>>74600022
i probably like the chronic way more than a sober person should, but i'm being totally legit! i've just never rly had any interest.

>>74600126
i know the feel
>>
File: 1496539539674.jpg (45KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
1496539539674.jpg
45KB, 640x496px
bad opinions incoming
Captain Beefheart - Doc At The Radar Station
A more poppy, new wave/post punk influenced Beefheart is presented here, still gruff and emotive in his singing. A synthesizer joins his magic band and his trademark awkward rhythms are still present.

Battles - Mirrored
A bit stiff at times - but like a good Zappa album, it allows some lightheartedness between the wank.
3.5-

Midori - ファースト
I like it. Some very dynamic vocals from Goto as usual.
3.0+

Ami Yoshida - Tiger Thrush
You know THAT part of 'Careful With That Axe, Eugene' off Ummagumma by Pink Floyd? This is that for 30 minutes. I only found out about this artist because she beat Whitehouse for an electronic music award.
1.5-

King Crimson - Earthbound
Besides an excellent '21st Century Schizoid Man,' it's fairly average.
3.0-

Sacramentum - Far Away From The Sun
3.5+

Matching Mole - s/t
While Wyatt at times approaches a soft rock dronefest, it keeps varying with his voice, and other instruments in pursuit of it. Hard to believe a song called 'Instant Pussy' could be so pretty, and also have some crossover with that EAI album above.

Liturgy - Immortal Life
I don't know why I subjected myself to this - maybe just because I'm fascinated by the character of HHH, because it's certainly not his music on this album that reels you in.
>>
File: Freeform Chart 8.png (1MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 8.png
1MB, 1560x720px
>tfw wrote a big primer to traditional country on RYM without saving then accidentally closed the tab

why live

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic (2017)
>thrash metal

Very faithfully recreates an old-school thrash metal aesthetic, sacrificing originality in the process. The band occupies a sound very similar to the riff-heavy, mid-tempo sounds of Big Four bands like Megadeth and Anthrax, and very deliberately try and make their album sound as authentic to that as possible. It definitely works, especially with the blistering riffs, but it's one-note and forseeable. Definitely worth a listen if you like thrash at all, though.

2.5+

>>74600182
i don't have much for buckethead, but if you want more like rjd2 check out dj shadow, apollo brown, friendzone, dj krush, and nujabes.
>>
Liturgy - Renihilation
(long winded way of calling triple H a hack poseur)
2.5-

Herbie Hancock - Headhunters
Excellent jazz funk album. Enjoyable by anyone.
4.0-

Dissection - The Storm of The Light's Bane
3.5+

King Gizzard - Eyes Like The Sky
King Gizzard writes Morricone style guitar licks under a gruff narration of a story about cowboys and Indians. I enjoy it to a degree, but it does pale somewhat in comparison to the real thing.
2.5+

R. Stevie Moore - Phonography
A bit like the Beach Boys' Smiley Smile, with a fair helping of Frank Zappa, he even sounds like Zappa. There are lots of good ideas present, but little ability to flesh them out, and unlike later home recorders, Moore doesn't tend to take explicit advantage of the recording format.
2.5+

Droid - Terrestrial Mutations
I've heard them compared to Vektor; they don't sound that much like Vektor.
2.5+

Animal Collective - Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
Songs like 'Alvin Row' or 'April and The Phantom' are playfully beautiful and emotional in an inexplicably juvenile way.
4.5+
>>
>>74600556
Whoops meant to type blockhead

Also thanks
>>
>>74600897
haha i was thinking you made a typo. or maybe buckethead has some instrumental hip hop albums out, for all i know he probably does.
>>
File: 1.png (928KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
928KB, 723x1023px
>>74598411
Good-day /daily/, I'm feeling rather dismal today, do you have any albums that could cheer me up?
>>
File: IMG_20170817_125427.jpg (66KB, 720x1094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_125427.jpg
66KB, 720x1094px
>>74602926
Could use this too

Listening to pic related, kinda fun so far.
>>
>>74602981
Forgot to trip
Should I do a backlog burner first, or go through daily's chart?
>>
File: 1490494070784.gif (695KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
1490494070784.gif
695KB, 500x289px
>tfw you realise that /daily/ is the closest thing to a group of friends you'll ever have
>>
>>74603674
if you feel that way it would probably be wise to let 4chan go for a couple months and see where that gets you :{}
>>
File: 1496884384892.jpg (11KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496884384892.jpg
11KB, 227x225px
>>74599367
>i've never smoked once i just feel those would fit
nat lmk when you're in ith
>>
>Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard (1974)

The guitar hero stuff Eric Clapton is recognized for is funny in the context of this very soft rock album. It's not inaccurate or undeserved, but this is totally subdued by nature on the showiness scale. It's like the idea of the production was to diminish all that impressive musicianship. Don't expect much to sound like Layla & Other Assorted Love songs (the opener does, incidentally)--gone is that extraordinary tell-all passion and this is more in line with the work of his friend, JJ Cale. Nonetheless, it's just a different vibe with a wider range of influence here that's occasionally quite impressive and catchy.

"Motherless Children" indeed sounds like a Paul Simon song done by the Allman Brothers. The cover here of "Willie and the Hand Jive" has become a recent obsession for me with its New Orleans backbeat. There's also this slight reggae feel throughout, not just on the cover of "I Shot the Sheriff", mind you. I don't need to go through the rest, but Clapton displays a newfound sense of maturity and appreciation for music history on this pleasant but humble album.
6/10

>>74603791
Lol. I'm about to try growing some here. It's legal.
>>
File: shaggy.png (219KB, 438x450px) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.png
219KB, 438x450px
>>74603674
what jim said

Go to some shows, if you're in school; join some clubs, find some local poetry or standup comedy nights, go to bars, join a local sports team, volunteer, get an active hobby, literally anything

It's honestly not that hard to find cool people. They're everywhere
>>
>>74603845
Where's here for you, man?
>>
>>74603885
Maine. Who knows how long until it can legally be sold, so I may as well try
>>
File: 1496028968990.jpg (29KB, 382x346px) Image search: [Google]
1496028968990.jpg
29KB, 382x346px
>>74603913
Nice. My flat mate may or may not have been growing at one point

It's way illegal here in NY
>>
>>74603945
Yeah I lived in New York until recently. It won't be long. It was an indoor operation? Christ. We have a big yard here and it just looks like the forest anyway
>>
File: 2017 tourney.png (3MB, 2328x1686px) Image search: [Google]
2017 tourney.png
3MB, 2328x1686px
need recs from Accel, Lamb, Dogwander and NoveltyCondom please
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOe0d0VhAgA
>>
>>74604024
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/oh-sees/orc/
>>
>>74603011
Bumpp
>>
>>74604259
depends on your backlog, what is it like?
>>
File: Yasuna greentexting.png (109KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Yasuna greentexting.png
109KB, 512x512px
>>74603861
Oh don't get me wrong, I used to have friends though they have long since disappeared. Most have gone to university and I feel deeply ashamed of myself for being a college dropout and having to self-teach to bypass that issue. Don't really enjoy socializing or talking to other people either because their converse isn't really all too relevant to me or I usually feel like I'm being mined for back-talk. Whenever someone strikes a conversation of a topic that interests me I usually get far too overbearing and hyper then feel guilty for being so afterwords. Anyhow this isn't /r9k/. All I will say is that rym seems to have a somewhat irritating effect where you immediately want to listen to Mongolian throat-singing so your music maps looks nicer, feel really petty.

>>74603741
I can't see it benefiting me, I don't live near the city and so petrol can add up. This merely gives me a place to talk about the few things that interest me, that's not to say that I'm ungrateful for having the opportunity to make friends, though I'm rather accustomed to isolation.
>>
>>74603011
Burn some backlog first, /daily/ chart leads to backlog increase in my experience
>>
>>74603791
>legal in MA
ha ha ncie
>>
>>74598411
>tfw showed this to my friends and only one genuinely liked it
>>
ayo im expecting to be pretty busy for the rest of this weekend so yall mind if i drop the listenalong later today?
>>
>>74604380
Hm. that's what i was leaning towards.
>>74604313
Long and disorganized. Not at home so I'm not sure of specifics, ill check later.
>>74604557
I'll forgive you but tbf I don't do listenalongs. Maybe in the future, I've enjoyed them elsewhere
>>
File: 1492762316386.png (56KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492762316386.png
56KB, 624x624px
also why are my posts consistently the basis for nat's editions
>>
>>74604332
>Most have gone to university
I did lost most of my college friends as soon as I graduated because most of them only had "I have classes with this guy" as reason to be connected with me, so that's not really a problem.

>I don't live near the city and so petrol can add up
Go once a week/two weeks to big events where you could talk to people, idk.

But really, in the end there's nothing wrong with your main friend group being an online one.

>>74604679
He loves you, probably.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170817-161025.png (176KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170817-161025.png
176KB, 720x1280px
>>74604703
>>74604332
isn't that pretty much Aristotle's theory on friendship? Utility, pleasure, or "of the good" being the three categories? Tbh it's not bad, it just is what it is.
>road road
>>
File: No wanwan.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No wanwan.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Seeing what this Luomo album is about, seems alright so far then I'm not much of an electronic person.

>>74604703
I nearly did go to an Arcade Fire concert though the tickets sold out in the space of a minute. A shame really since otherwise I have to travel >100 miles to get to Leeds/ Manchester/ Sheffield. We don't really get big events around here otherwise. Only event I look forward to is the foreign food market though that's not on this year, pic very much related.

>>74604734
Is it? I've yet to read any of Aristotle's works.
>>
>>74604763
Vocalcity? Yee its alright

>>74604734
Man I really need to start with the Greeks.

Speaking of, I also REALLY need to return to IJ and finish the motherfucker.
>>
>>74604532
I know this feel
>>
>>74604835
do it finish it
>>
>>74604835
>>74604763
https://stpeterslist.com/the-3-types-of-friendship-according-to-aristotle is a quick intro i think, skimmed it but sounds good to me
desu i haven't read the source material but had a discussion about it a few days ago, which was interesting. I really should read it too.
>>
>>74604024
richard dawson - peasent
>>
why do i have to read these stupid reviews everytime i visit this page?
>>
>>74605574
worst part of the page
no idea why rym shows those reviews first over any good ones
>>
>>74605574
Did you tried changing the default order of reviews? There's some way to make your friends reviews the first ones but I think that's default too.
>>
>>74605780
i cant change anything anymore :0
>>74605667
because they are stupid and dumb
>>
>>74605667
because AnCo is trash
>>
File: blapplog6.jpg (2MB, 2296x1680px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog6.jpg
2MB, 2296x1680px
>Cвiтлaнa Oхpiмeнкo & Oлeкcaндp Юpчeнкo - Знaєш як, poзкaжи
Incredibly delicate, ethereal, mysterious Ukranian folk. Lots of different instruments and synths(?) make this a very pleasant experience, but there's also some darker moments sprinkled in.
3.5-
>SpaceGhostPurrp - Blvcklvnd Rvdix 6.66
Before there was the A$AP Mob, before Denzel Curry, X & Ski Mask, Purpp & Pump, Carti, Uzi, Yachty, there was SpaceGhostPurrp. Unfortunately, his name today has become a joke after Bari fucked him over and his beefs with Curry. But in the beginning, SGP was easily one of hip-hops biggest innovator, basically inventing the sound that all those forementioned rappers are huge on now. And it shows on this tape. This thing is lo-fi, hazy, atmospheric, and full of nostalgia, banging beats, video game samples, weird lyrics, chops and screws, and much more. Its an extremely interesting and varied project, and a very interesting one to listen to at that. It may not be for everyone, but if you wanna see where the roots of modern hip-hop stem from, this is probably it.
3.5+

what next. also someone toss me a listenalong template plz.
>>74605817
>abbey road and revolver in 5 stars
D R O P P E D
>>74605838
NOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: blapplog6.jpg (2MB, 2296x1680px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog6.jpg
2MB, 2296x1680px
>>74605856
fucc i am dumb
>>
>>74605856
hit that mother 2 joint
>>
File: littleredchart.png (1MB, 1200x908px) Image search: [Google]
littleredchart.png
1MB, 1200x908px
>Andrés - Untitled (KDJ 20)
I don't listen to much of this style of house, so maybe what I'm about to say is wrong, but these tracks feel very fresh and special. Laid back but energetic in the right amount. The bass and the vocal samples are consistently amazing.

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23shQ3IjIL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDoIflrvy-o
>>
>>74605838
wtf i hate anco now
>>
>>74599616
every sound is made using samples from brawl. glad u liked it a decent bit!
>>
>>74603791
I'm coming up the 27th

>>74604679
I pick the memeiest posts, so naturally you fit well
>>
File: 1494722074679.jpg (39KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
1494722074679.jpg
39KB, 640x470px
>>74606084
>>
>>74604024
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/konrad-sprenger/stack-music/
https://konradsprenger.bandcamp.com/album/stack-music-pan-78
>>
File: IMG_2491.gif (923KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2491.gif
923KB, 350x262px
>>74605954
I figured, except for that kid talking in the beginning. It sounded like one of this videos where a kid is trying to show how to unlock Ridley for brawl
I'm just too keen on really long minimal techno tracks, even if these really had no issues to them. The pitch-shifting did jump out as me as familiar, but that's it really
>>
>>74606309
<3
>>
File: 1351467356161.gif (2MB, 371x331px) Image search: [Google]
1351467356161.gif
2MB, 371x331px
Heya /daily/!

Listened to a lot of old memejazz at work, I really liked stuff from Perry Bradford. Seems like he really pushed the African-American singers into the mainstream as hard as he could + Louis Armstrong played in his band. Good stuff.

Now gonna listen to that memebient album someone liked in the previous thread.
>>
File: reee.jpg (114KB, 490x600px) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
114KB, 490x600px
>>74605931
Stop liking what I like!
>>
Oh wow p4k had an interview with someone I like for a change
http://pitchfork.com/features/rising/sudan-archives-shes-different/
>>
File: 2017 tourney.png (3MB, 2328x1686px) Image search: [Google]
2017 tourney.png
3MB, 2328x1686px
>>74605079
>>74606229
>>74604077
thx
>>74606801
>>74606831
you got a rec for me maybe?
>>
>>74606870
Yes of course!
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/saagara/2/
>>
File: IMG_0431.jpg (53KB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0431.jpg
53KB, 480x366px
My computer is done. Considering just getting an iPad Pro. All I really need to do that I can't do on my phone is work on an occasional document, record music, and download music. And I'm hesitant about the possibilities of the latter two. Thoughts outside of general Apple hate?
>>
>>74607042
Downloading music will be difficult. There are quite some recording apps though and even some decent editing stuff (don't expect too much though) and there are more and more pro-only apps being made. Downloading will definitely be difficult though, there isn't soulseek obviously and I don't think there's any torrents either, the way the OS presents the file system just doesn't really work like that.
>>
>>74607116
I had heard of people recording on iPads, and I only used basic GarageBand anyway.

Yeah, I figured the latter. Wonder if you can even download shared folders from mega upload, etc.
>>
>>74607042
Why not get a thinkpad instead :•)

>>>/g/61929753
>>
>>74607155
>Wonder if you can even download shared folders from mega upload
There's a mega app but I don't think you'd be able to get .mp3 to the music app? My dad has an iPad Pro so I'll try when I get home in a few hours :)
>>
>>74607209
Hmm

>>74607215
You da best
>>
BURP Morty BURPPPPP we gotta connect the xooblagook BURRRPPPPPPPPp. huh what was I saying Morty? (Takes swig of drink) BURRRRPPPPP. Morty we gotta FAARRRTTTTT ah forget it morty (breaks into random song and dance scene because le epic (troll face))
>>
when the fuk will /daily/ realize that trip up is the BEST trrip
>>
>>74607472
i think i've convinced at least 3 people at this point
>>
File: sharifiwhy.png (19KB, 1133x228px) Image search: [Google]
sharifiwhy.png
19KB, 1133x228px
oh....
>>
fantano gave peasant an 8 confirmed patrician
>>
>>74600515
I'm going to need some onions on Beefheart's Shiny Beast (if you haven't already previously reviewed it, that is)
>>
>>74607681
I'll listen to that next
>>
>>74606824
wait you like things?
>>
>>74607692
Hyped. It's the closest to perfection the Vliet has ever gotten in terms of blending his accessible with the inaccessible. That and Suction Prints is up there for the magic band's best instrumental

If it gets roasted I'll be interested in hearing it anyways
>>
Why didn't anyone listen to Alan Vega's IT. No love for the s/t man?
>>
somebody PLEASE pass me a listenalong template
>>
>>74607042
as someone with no computer and only an ipad there are sadly no ways to download music to your device besides downloading it on a computer and then hooking your ipad to the computer and putting the files into apple's music app. trust me, i've tried to find ways to do it for two years now.
if there is some new way to do it i'd love to know though.

right now i use a shitty android phone to download music because its actually possible on there.

i cant speak from experience on the other things you mentioned but i would assume its quite good for those.
>>
4chan's days are numbered, its service provider is now pulling the plug on "hate websites". I'd recommend getting whatever sharethread stuff you need ASAP.
>>
>>74608053
Ah shit. Looks like I'll be a YouTube listener once again. You're ok with it otherwise?
>>
>>74608113
Goddamnit fuck /pol/ and /b/ for fucking the rest of the website over.
>>
File: 1500313004276.png (145KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1500313004276.png
145KB, 1732x1732px
>>74608031
i got you
>>
>>74608211
thank u so much ily
>>
>>74608133
it serves me well enough while im too broke to buy a pc but having music listening as your main hobby is definitely not ideal with a setup like that. i have to use spotify most of the time whenever i want to listen to most things because that android phone has a very limited space and it can be difficult to find things and also the user made soulseek client for android isn't super reliable and only works sometimes so i'm left with an incredibly limited library and no easy way to listen to a lot of the more niche stuff that takes up more than half of my actual musical interests. i would personally recommend at least getting a cheap laptop desu, you can find a servicable one for around $350 that'll do more basic stuff fine.
>>
File: 1502012368089.jpg (25KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502012368089.jpg
25KB, 300x250px
>>74607042
Why would you ever get an iPad over a cheap laptop?

>>74607681
woah

>>74606084
dope

We'll have to see a show or something some time
>>
>>74608444
>>74608468
I use Spotify 90% of the time anyway. I like apple, I'm more familiar with how it works, the products have tended to last longer, I like having all my devices synced up, I don't need a full laptop
>>
>>74608113
R / deletedaily ?
>>
>>74608631
You could probably buy a raspberry pi to service solely as a torrent station, it has a usb port so you should be able to sync your iPad to it. Just throw some very basic version of Windows on it and only download soulseek. Then you could control the Pi from your iPad and not have to buy a monitor. If you then use Apple Music you can have the downloadfolder of Soulseek sync and you'd have the music on your iPad straight away. The whole set-up would cost like $60 and probably a day to get working if you have some technical experience.
>>
File: sicilian boys with guns.jpg (41KB, 635x424px) Image search: [Google]
sicilian boys with guns.jpg
41KB, 635x424px
>>74608113
/daily/ is over. New thread never.
>>
>>74607042
ipads are really inconvenient, you won't be able to download anything.

and this is more personal but i absolutely hate typing with touch screens

>>74608468
sweet, hmu when something cool comes around.
>>
>>74608631
What you need:
Buy a raspberry pi: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processor-microcontroller-development-kits/8968660/
Install Windows 10 IoT: https://www.raspberrypi.org/learning/software-guide/quickstart/
Microsoft remote desktop: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092

You only need a computer to set up the raspberry pi, but beyond that you shouldn't need one.
>>
>>74609028
>>74608631
oh and you'd probably an external SSD/HDD to store the music you download.
>>
Wtf OP knows NICT? I probably know you. Jesus.
>>
>>74609206
do you know where you are?
>>
What's you guy's favorite board (besides /mu/)?
>>
>>74608876
>>74609028
Thank you!

>>74608962
Yeah hmm. Not that I download much ever.
>>
>>74609206
i didn't make that pic (and i forget who did). love the album though.
>>
aight should i drop this listenalong joint rn
im all ready to go
>>
File: IMG_2875.jpg (236KB, 1057x939px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2875.jpg
236KB, 1057x939px
>>74609391
watching /co/ get mad is funny
/ic/ and /gd/ have some interesting moments, the latter has album art threads occasionally
/wg/ is pretty cool
/ck/ knows what's important

>>74609507
I think denji did
>>
>>74609391
/s/
/d/
/trash/
/e/
/c/
/cm/
/u/
/ya/
/jp/
/bant/
>>
>>74609391
i browse /fa/ a decent bit. /vr/ is alright too except its dead af

>>74609530
do it

>>74609537
>I think denji did
checks out
>>
File: Untitled.png (36KB, 569x162px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 569x162px
>>74609537
>>74609589
nope, it was huit. the only pic i've made was that coil one.
>>
>>74609391
I browse /tg/ a lot because MtG.
/co/ is alright although I don't read nothing anymore
/lit/ from time to time
I used to go a lot on /adv/ but it's been a year since I last browsed the board

>>74609589
I always wanted to get into /fa/ but I feel like they're gonna massacre my fashion taste and all they rec is expensive af
>>
>>74609391
I like /s/, /d/ and /c/.
>>
the op album is acutally so good
>>
>>74609537
i dont rly get this meme
>>74609589
i browsed /fa/ for maybe a week but >>74609641 is right its a bit circlejerky and expensive

captcha: FASHIONS MOOR
>>
>>74609634
Frivk
>>74609641
/adv/ is truly one of the more miserable boards
>>74609563
epic
I wonder if /tlhg/ has devolved into a bunch of pedos jerkin each other off, as it always was meant to be
>>
File: ver1.28.jpg (134KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
ver1.28.jpg
134KB, 600x606px
yall fans of this album right
>>
>>74609634
damn

the coil one is great tho

>>74609641
>>74609665
i take absolutely no recs from them and i never post lmao, i just like browsing.

>>74609692
yes, quintessential daily core
>>
>>74609688
>/adv/ is truly one of the more miserable boards
It wasn't the best times of my life back then, I'll admit. I did stopped going there when I got a gf tho.

>>74609725
Hmm

How is your fashion taste btw?
>>
File: IMG_0356.jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
41KB, 640x640px
>browsing /s/ but being too afraid to browse /hc/
>>
File: Townes Daily OP.png (797KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Townes Daily OP.png
797KB, 1000x1000px
made my first one of these in a while

>>74609761
>How is your fashion taste btw?
oof probably shit. basic hipster college boy attire, button-downs and skinny jeans.
>>
File: blapplistenalong.png (546KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
blapplistenalong.png
546KB, 1732x1732px
>>74609725
well peep this out

====LISTENALONG====
Heiner Goebbels & Alfred Harth - Frankfurt - Peking
>Avant-Garde Jazz, Sound Collage, Tape Music, Peking Opera, Proto Ground-Zero

It seems like not only most /daily/bros, but most everyone has skipped over this album. This thing is easily the biggest influence on Ver 1.28, and it predates it by over a decade. But, Ver 1.28 has about 22x the ratings on rym that this does. I recently listened this weekend, and it blew me away so much, I knew I had to save it for listenalong. So I hope y'all love it too.

If it turns out I'm wrong and most of u guys have actually heard this, I have a backup listenalong. Lmk.

RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/heiner_goebbels_and_alfred_harth/frankfurt___peking/
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#F!rBchWJIY
YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJi_ZDtsKk&feature=youtu.be (courtesy of me)

have at it
>>
>>74609898
fuck im so bad at mega links
https://mega.nz/#F!rBchWJIY!em_R6UJI0guIxZA7CMMPGg
>>
>>74609391
/fit/ /vp/
>>
File: 1485784444621.jpg (6KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
1485784444621.jpg
6KB, 300x266px
>>74609563
>/bant/
>>
File: Elliott Smith OP.png (1MB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
Elliott Smith OP.png
1MB, 945x945px
delivering this too

>>74609898
looks nice
>>
>>74609898
btw what is the schedule for the next listenalongs? When could I suggest one?
>>
>>74609692
Nah it's trashgarbage.
>>
>>74610131
rec something for my chart
>>
>>74610191
No Time to Chill
>>
File: behaveyourself.jpg (17KB, 478x320px) Image search: [Google]
behaveyourself.jpg
17KB, 478x320px
>>74610200
>>
File: lllist.png (31KB, 1018x356px) Image search: [Google]
lllist.png
31KB, 1018x356px
>>74610093
you aren't scheduled yet, but I can line you up, just try to participate a bit

Denji and Breadhead would be lined up before tho if they want because they do a great job of participating since they started
>>
File: 1503001514749.png (562KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1503001514749.png
562KB, 1732x1732px
>>
nah
>>
>>74612910
HEY JUUUDE
>>
Going on a date with a recently divorced 39 year-old tomorrow. Any ideas of what I should play on the way to the restaurant? She's a marketing director and all I know is she likes Andrew Bird
>>
>>74612985
try andrew bird
>>
>>74613015
She was going to his concert the night we met and got her number. Looking for other recs.
>>
>>74613068
something you know well that you can talk about if she asks (she wont)
>>
>>74612985
Stacy's Mom on repeat.
>>
>>74613121
I know you're joking but this would actually be really funny if she takes it the right way. Could be a good ice breaker. I might do it.

(she's not a mom btw)
>>
>>74613206
pls dont the risk isnt worth the reward
>>
File: 8pkksfpa71ez.jpg (29KB, 453x627px) Image search: [Google]
8pkksfpa71ez.jpg
29KB, 453x627px
>>74609391
I rarely leave daily, let alone /mu/, but /lit/, /fit/, and /co/ are all cool
>>74609665
just look up "loss" on know your meme or something
>>74609537
>>74609836
nice meme
>>
File: magnum_opus.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
magnum_opus.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
Captain Beefheart - Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)
Agree with givingbear on this one.
4.0+
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/total-leatherette/for-the-climax-of-the-night/
>"I wish that were me"
>>
>>74610012
lmao nice one

>>74609898
is this poseurcore
>>
>>74610375
K, got it chief

>>74609898
Downloading
>>
File: daily.jpg (875KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
daily.jpg
875KB, 1066x1600px
>Swans - Swans are Dead
I was never a fan of this band, I still remember the first time I listened to them like 7 years ago and couldn't fully grasp their concept and sound, but I did find in The Angels of Light what I thought I was looking for, until now. I think this live recording sums up pretty well what Swans was at their first incarnation, to actually go and deconstruc their songs in order to deliver such raw versions of them that go through drone and noise rock is impressive. If it wasn't for the second disc this would be a 9+ or 9.5 to me.
>>
rec me some sadboy shit please
>>
>>74614861
You're lucky, Brand New just released a new album
>>
>>74614889
no like good sadboy shit
>>
File: 1503005647645.png (605KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1503005647645.png
605KB, 1732x1732px
>>74614861
Silencer
:^)
>>
>>74614900
don't be sad, have a happy tune !!!

https://inlovewithaghost.bandcamp.com/album/healing
>>
>>74615147
can u elaborate on the RIO comparison? i dont really see it
>>
>>74615191
this looks kinda gay and i might appreciate it in a different emotional state
>>
tfw It's Such a Beautiful Day is no longer on netflix
>>
>>74615649
the rhythm/percussion reminded me more of something like Art Zoyd than any jazz I've listened to
>>
>>74615649
and it has that little surf tremolo/crescendo guitar motif bands like henry cow use
>>
Gonna look right st this eclipse so I go blind and my other senses are heightened, so maybe I'll be able to hear what people are talking about when they say Public Strain is good
>>
>>74617055
out of all the albums that /daily/ boys love you choose Public Strain to memehate?

baffling!
>>
>>74617176
Cuz you react.

Idk, should I give it a listen?
>>
>>74617609
do you like reverb and noisy pop songs
>>
>>74617634
Sure do
>>
>>74617662
then yes i would say so
>>
>>74617689
Maybe I will. I ripped it from my local library like 10 months ago.
>>
>>74617843
its pretty good 10/10
>>
File: 1360102635266.jpg (164KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1360102635266.jpg
164KB, 400x533px
Good morning /daily/!

Decided to take a break from the Penguin guide, so I'm listening to Bill Evans now.

It's FRIDAY YALL WOOOHOOOO!
>>
File: double_elim.jpg (1MB, 3136x3408px) Image search: [Google]
double_elim.jpg
1MB, 3136x3408px
just need one from darklands now
>>
>>74618290
you going to meme festival this year again? there are several haino shows going on

also there's a jandek show in berlin soon-ish, don't know if you saw that
>>
>>74618522
Unfortunately the meme festival is amidst my work.

Now Jandek in Berlin? That's exciting! I still have to cross-check with my work plan.
>>
>>74618568
According to Jandek's site he's performing at this festival https://www.hkw.de/en/programm/projekte/2017/no_music/no_music_start.php
which is 9-12 nov, but the event itself doesn't have any information on the line-up yet.
>>
>>74618568
http://corwoodindustries.com/events/ :)
>>
>>74618601
>>74618583
I'd love to go. Seeing Jandek is high up on my bucketlist
>>
This is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1kDd6yBQZ4
Now I know where the Katamari Damacy soundtrack got its inspiration from.
Might become one of my top 100 tracks ever during my next listen.
>>
File: 1475210070301.jpg (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475210070301.jpg
67KB, 250x250px
If you're the sort who likes Modern Dance era Pere Ubu, then you need to hear this - it has all their notable early singles except Cloud 149 (which appears to have been played but unintentionally cut from the tape), all the "normal" tracks off The Modern Dance (and a really weird version of Sentimental Journey), and one really early version of Drinking Wine Spodyody. It's extremely raw and lo-fi, but the band's energy is insane - plus, David Thomas' charisma as a frontman is in full force, and he has some of the best stage banter out there. I also generally dislike hearing random shit the audience says, but the crowd here is actually pretty amusing (topped only by that dude who makes fun of James Chance in that Contortions bonus track).

Hearing recordings like this makes me legitimately feel like a le wrong generation kid sometimes, all the independent artists near where I live are terrible.

>>74618568
There are also meme avant-folk festivals coming up in September in Lviv, Murmansk, and Kazan if you happen to be in those areas. There's also something called NÓW Festiwal in Mokotów which is for Polish and Ukrainian artists doing lunar themed music.
>>
>>74618839
>There's also something called NÓW Festiwal in Mokotów which is for Polish and Ukrainian artists doing lunar themed music.
Now this is something I might try to catch. Ksiezyc and Raphael Roginski playing.
>>
>>74618880
Also Adam Strug and Svitlana Nianio, if you care for them at all.
>>
File: 1503018021672.png (874KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1503018021672.png
874KB, 1732x1732px
nice pick, blapp

>>74618715
have i heard this track somewhere before
>>
Backlog Chart 10.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
new king gizz dropped boyos

Horace Tapscott Quintet - The Giant Is Awakened (1969)
>avant-garde jazz

The title track has by far the best drum solo in jazz history, and it's just all-around a really damn cool track. Everett Brown, Jr., probably best known for his work on Sonny's Dream, steals the show, but Tapscott of course puts on a great, rhythmically complex performance as well. The remaining three tracks are less daring and somewhat frustratingly simple, but it stays cool and well-composed throughout.

3.0+

International Harvester - Sov gott Rose-Marie (1968)
>psychedelic rock, experimental rock

Another case where the longer tracks end up as the least interesting ones. These guys do long, sprawling tracks incredibly well as Pärson Sound, but that talent doesn't extend over to this record. The final two tracks are alright, albeit overlong and frustratingly obtuse drone pieces. Being that they make up nearly half of the album's runtime, the album is hurt as a result of these tracks. The short tracks, on the other hand, are wonderful slabs of anachronistic psych rock. "There Is No Other Place", is out of this world. A trimmed down album with expertly crafted songwriting like on the a-side would be nice, but the b-side is massively bloated.

2.5+
>>
>>74619329
I think we have the exact opposite opinions, but you should still track down the bonus track Skördetider and give it a shot, it's one of the best tracks by the group going across their multiple names.
>>
>>74619362
i've heard good things, i'll definitely give it a shot.
>>
Hey /daily/ I'm listening to Ornette Coleman's Science Fiction for the first time and the first 3 tracks are perfect, absolutely perfect, and then it nosedives so hard on the title track I don't know what to think. I hate trying to rate albums like this as an album
>>
>>74619500
If an album had 3 ten/ten tracks and maybe 7 more 3/10's, i'd give it a 5/10
>>
its
1 abd I'm drunk woooooooo
>>
File: we got drank.jpg (52KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
we got drank.jpg
52KB, 549x549px
>>74619554
Fresh.
>>
File: Bizarro.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
new king gizzard is just O k
>>
>>74620075
All King Gizzard is just O k*
>>
>>74620088
not wrong
i wonder if they'll seriously blunder any of their next albums
>>
>>74620088
I hate that this is true
>>
File: hPdyln.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
hPdyln.gif
1MB, 320x180px
Staying up the whole night so i can catch a flight at 5. Music for this feel?

also no one told me that this was transgod-core
https://igorrr.bandcamp.com/album/savage-sinusoid
the video was really funny
>>
>>74620609
No Time to Chill
>>
i m so fucking sad
>>
>>74621024
Why? :(
>>
Dear Fishe

I've heard Women -- s/t, many times
need you to recc another

Love eternal
Tuco
>>
>>74605856
>Cвiтлaнa Oхpiмeнкo & Oлeкcaндp Юpчeнкo - Знaєш як, poзкaжи
Do you have a DL link for this please?
>>
Score update
>>
>>
real shit i might fuck around and sing some songs
>>
>>74621889
just basic sad drunk shit, Anon. ive got a world of changes coming up for me.
>>
File: IMG_2888.gif (2MB, 267x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2888.gif
2MB, 267x260px
>>74624225
youll be fine
>>
>>74624225
Change is all right. You're worse at predicting the future than you think.
>>
>>74622606
it's on bandcamp! u can prolly just google search it, i don't have a dl unfortunately cuz i just listened on there
>>
>>74624294
>>74624344
thanks guys. leaving all my friends for school is terrifying man
>>
>>74624361
ok i found it. there was a typo and i wasn't finding anything. thank you :)
>>
>>74624372
You'll make new ones tho, just don't show them NICT and you'll be fine
I've got that 'everything's changing wtf' feel right now too, thank goodness /daily/ never changes or grows heh
>>
File: morning.png (1MB, 718x897px) Image search: [Google]
morning.png
1MB, 718x897px
Can anyone drop me the listenalong schedule with the names of the past albums on it?
>>
>>74625271
>borzbucks.png
Basic bitch xD
>>
File: l.png (37KB, 671x352px) Image search: [Google]
l.png
37KB, 671x352px
>>74625271
>>
>>74625340
Thank you!

>>74625323
Hater :--(
>>
>>74625368
Jk they're beautiful animals and so are you
>>
>>74625340
I've listened to Elend so fill that in
Gave it 1.5

>>74625388
<3 <3
My middle name irl is after a comet btw
>>
File: 1503056805010.png (1014KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1503056805010.png
1014KB, 1732x1732px
Good pick blapp
>>
>>74625432
:0
Bennett? Donati? Borrelly? Great January Comet of 1910?
>>
>>74625472
Hale-Bopp!
>>
>>74625476
No shit you serious? That's awesome!
>>
>>74622612
>76:14 only 6
wtf
>>
>>74625482
Yeah, I was born around the time it passed (even born on the exact date that the Heaven's Gate cult committed mass suicide to get to the "spaceship" in the tail of Hale-Bopp) and therefore my parents always called me Hale-Bopp before I was born and had a name

Then when I turned 18 I added it to my name for real

Thanks!!
>>
>>74625476
more like hail blapp
>>
>>74625432
done
>>
>>74625524
Damn dude that's something else, very fucking cool. I changed my name to Comet but only because it was my camp name at the summer camp I worked at for years, and that's cuz I was obsessed with Aaron Cometbus in high school, no actual comet connection.
>>
can i get listen along percentage even if i dont add my review to the pic @kanzler
>>
>>74625632
yeah, I always try to add everyone who listened, even it is just a rating on rym
but I don't really keep track there, so it would be better to post some thoughts in the thread
>>
File: apocalypse.jpg (114KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
114KB, 600x600px
Revisiting an old fav.

>Bill Callahan - Apocalypse (2011)

I had more patience before I started tearing through music with the help of this website. I would listen and listen to recommendations until I liked them. It happens to especially be pertinent here because I'm not sure I would have seen the appeal here nor the potential for appeal upon a first listen. From the production to the lyrics to the arrangement, there's hardly ever been less flashy music, which if you've heard Bill Callahan, you might already be aware of. Everything from the production to the lyrics to the arrangement and melodies adds up to an honest, unsensational expression that just inevitably requires time and patience to peel back the layers (or lack thereof here, really).

It shouldn't be mistaken for a gimmick--the simple masculine themes, dry delivery and mix--it's all Bill un-ironically working out existential problems, like the desire and futility in making a statement in "Universal Applicant" or the zen reassurance of "Riding for the Feeling" or the humble nature of freedom in "Free's". At the end of the day my appreciation could just be projection, but the anti-theatrical expression of this cosmic anxiety that follows as respite for worldly anxiety imbuing this album resonates in a necessary way.
8.5/10
>>
>>74625747
I enjoyed this review
>>
>>74625807
I'm glad co
>>
>>74625747
Oops, comment in the name field
>>
>>74625869
Damn
>>
>>74609391
/his/, /fa/ and I'm getting into /fit/ because memes

those dudes over at /fit/ are funny af desu
>>74609898
o boi gonna be hype

already heard 2 tracks off the release (one being THE track) so hoping this'll be as good as the comp of theirs I listened to
>>74614861
you've probably heard this and if you haven't, most likely gonna trash me for reccing but
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/earl-sweatshirt/i-dont-like-shit-i-dont-go-outside/
>>74618488
great pic
>>
>>74626001
i like that earl albbum thanks tho
>>
>>74626019
hmm ok wait have you heard this yet

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/mixtape/kill-bill/ramona-1/

might do good for ya

from the same group of dudes with Rav
>>
>>74626045
i liek that album too thanks tho
>>
>>74626111
hm ok

sadboi rap good stuff

new Tyler gets p sadboi desu I've been really digging some tunes from it but I should relisten to the whole thing

911/Mr. Lonely and See You Again are sad masterpieces desu. Who Dat Boy and I Ain't Got Time tho not sad are p good for gettin' hype af.

good shit, good shit
>>
My parents are coming home at 11am to give me an intervention
It's 10:48am and I'm drunk
Any last album/EP/song you guys recommend??
>>
>>74626001
yeah i read yr ver 1.28 review on rym and saw that u already heard it. i was starting to get worried most of /daily/ had already heard that track lol
>>74626167
dont forget November, dude. that song cuts deep.
>>
File: listenalong.png (1005KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
1005KB, 1732x1732px
>>74626183
No Time to Chill
>>
>>74626205
>i was starting to get worried most of /daily/ had already heard that track lol
desu a decent portion of us probably already have but I don't think the same can be said for the others on the release

great track either away
>dont forget November
me I need to relisten to that one but I remember it being good

that album was just really consistent in general desu
>>
>>74626183
s/t
>>
>>74624372
i can rec u a bunch of good friends at SU

like half my graduating class is going there lol
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/xtc_f2/xtc_ep/

anyone have a dl?
>>
never mind i am idiet
>>
>daily listenalong Heiner Goebbels & Alfred Harth - Frankfurt - Peking

the first four songs are cool enough, some nice sounds here and there, but its really all about the last track which is fucking awesome. its like traditional chinese marching music played by an alien race. i really love that weird unique percussion sound at the start of the last track which i think is common in whatever "peking opera" is because i remember hearing it in the ground zero album ages ago and in Majora's Mask soundtrack which makes me feel some comfy nostalgia. ps. people playing instruments synced up to and imitating the patterns of human speech is one of the best things you could possibly do and i have day dreams of it all the time.
7/10 i think, mostly for the last song

@kanzler this is how i'll do listen along stuff until i've got a pc again so keep an eye out for me pls
>>
File: 3166842.jpg (34KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
3166842.jpg
34KB, 300x297px
>Various Artists - Ayobaness! - The Sound of South African House

Weeeellll... it's ok. Nothing I would listen to again really but maybe some tracks will be nice at parties.

2/5
>>
>>74625537
Oh yeah also I hadn't listened to Ayobaness! until now but I did listen to Orange Caramel so add that too
>>
>>74626305
that's good to hear, im sure ill find some ppls but shits still scary
>>
>>74626707
i know the feel, i don't know a single soul where i'm going (save for co and some ppl from orientation)
>>
>>74626743
well hey i can return the favor cuz i know a handful of ppl at ithaca haha
>>
File: Freeform Chart 8.png (1MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 8.png
1MB, 1560x720px
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection (1970)
>piano rock, pop rock, singer/songwriter, roots rock

This is the only exposure I've had to John outside of his major singles, and I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised. It's not great, that's for sure. The whole a-side is full of really soft, pitiful slightly country-tinged piano rock. John's vocals and Taupin's lyrics stay consistently good, and that's about all the praise I can give for the a-side. The b-side gets a whole lot better, the songs are more adventurous and the country/roots influence becomes a lot more noticeable and cool. "Where to Now St. Peter?" and "Love Song" aren't incredible, it's the last three tracks where this really picks up. "Amoreena" is probably the most recognizeable track here, but only from its inclusion in Dog Day Afternoon, and it's a great song, as is the epic "Burn Down the Mission". This is ridiculously inconsistent, with some really good highs, especially for an album with no hits to be found.

2.0+

Cream - Disraeli Gears (1967)
>blues rock, psychedelic rock

Ridiculously boring, that's really the best way I can put it. I've probably made my feelings about Clapton very clear, but he's not even the worst aspect here. This whole album just sounds so thin and unassuming, the production is everything rock production should not be. The admittedly wonderful drums just fizzle away in the background, and the guitar and bass have no power whatsoever. The songwriting isn't too hot either. I'll always love "Sunshine of Your Love", besides that this album is just half-cooked sleazy blues jam after another.

0.5+

>>74626777
nice, hope i meet em. do you move in today btw?
>>
>>74627054
nah, tuesday. saw my friends for the second to last time last night
>>
>>74626001
>/his/
At launch I thought they devolved into a /pol/-light, are they alright?
>>
I've been listening to a good amount of reggae the past couple days and I haven't heard anything I've disliked yet. Any recs outside of the obvious essentials? I've been particularly digging the dubby sound
>>
>>74627504
Fishmans
>>
File: fishmeme.png (171KB, 664x597px) Image search: [Google]
fishmeme.png
171KB, 664x597px
>>74627518
>>
>>74627534
Fishmans
>>
>>74627504
My favs...some of these might be obvious:

The Abyssinians - Satta Masa Gana
Max Romeo & The Upsetters - War ina Babylon
Culture - Two Sevens Clash
Mighty Diamonds - Right Time
Peter Tosh - Legalize It, Equal Rights
Bunny Wailer - Blackheart Man
>>
>>74627561
ok

>>74627588
The Upsetters have yet to disappoint so I'll gonna through a bunch of their releases
Backlogged the rest, thanks
>>
why aphex twin gotta be so good at what he does?
>>
macaroni my jabroni's

>>74610012
good
>>
File: black ken.jpg (161KB, 900x890px) Image search: [Google]
black ken.jpg
161KB, 900x890px
music post about music:

pic related a good. please listen to the based god yall. global might be his best track.
>>
File: oh.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: 1370752.jpg (113KB, 949x951px) Image search: [Google]
1370752.jpg
113KB, 949x951px
like for real this is so fucking good
>>
>>74628166
duh
>>74628108
nice integrated blog post
>>
>>74628208
thnx.
>>74628166
yeah.
>>
File: a bad chart.jpg (539KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
a bad chart.jpg
539KB, 840x840px
i made an chart to listen to, is it all bad or did i accidentally put something good on here

>>74628108
ive seen this, it's really great

>>74628166
autechre makes little babby richard d(ick) james drink their robotic pee (do robots pee?)
>>
>>74628662
robots do pee, and autechre are pee masters
space museum and flower boy are both good, please remove.
>>
>>74628662
bezvetrie and kulma are nice
>>
>>74626246
Why do you hate me? :(
>>
>>74628662
Nice chart nerd
>>
>>74628662
I think that Liminal Space is pretty good.
>>
>>74628662
innocence is solid.
>>
File: IMG_20170817_112712629.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_112712629.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>74598444
You Suffer
>Really good
>Don't rec me anything like it again
Lol you will come around
In the meantime, electronic rec under 7 minutes:
Surgeon- move
>>
>>74628918
this is a nice photo
>>
>>74628938
There's an album that uses it as its cover; Muslimgauze - Return of Black September
>>
File: IMG_20170817_112704439.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_112704439.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>74628938
Josef Koudelka
>>
File: followup.png (428KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
followup.png
428KB, 680x680px
>Nico - The End
She has a very nice voice, but the compositions here are quite weird and veeeery slow, which makes her low voice seem very loomy, which isn't necessarily bad, but it got tiring even within 40 mins.

>Nick Cave - Skeleton Tree
This might be bumped up honestly, amazing stuff. Songs are depressing af, but the instrumentation is so beautiful.

>Hans Reichel - Death of the Rare Bird Ymir
Like a free improv american primitivism? Very cool stuff, the guitar is beautiful and very emotive, always manages to feel cohesive with so much going on.

>Lionel Marchetti & Yoko - Petrole
This is spooky af, all sorts of sounds going on and I jumped quite a few times listening to this late at night, really nice.

>Thelonious Monk - Solo Monk
Some nice compositions, but nothing spectacular.

>Nigga Creep - Demons Takin Over Me
This is fucking amazing, it's everything I want from memphis rap. Spooky beats, female rappers, lo-fi, it's amazing. The best thing about this is that it's sub 40 minutes, making it very powerful, as my #1 problem with rap albums are that they are always overextending their welcome.

Listening to the remaining Paris Symphonies now, they seem to be better than the first two so far, so am quite hopeful. Then I'll start my hip hop tourney and....
>>
A 2017 chart!
Did I miss anything significant?
>>
>>74628702
Because you're the last tastemaker I cared about and all these tools making me listen to noisewank have the same taste as you only somehow even worse so I just assume you're the George Soros of poseurcore for simplicity's sake.
>>
>>74629227
Is this "things from 2017 I haven't heard" or "top things from 2017"?
>>
>>74629281
>Hungarian accusing others of being George Soros
top par
>>
>>74629370
I'm Tibetan.
>>
>>74629281
newtrips on suicide watch
>>
how many daily friends have listened to country teasers? if you haven't don't pls cause i'm probably going to pick them for listen along cause i don't think most of you have
>>
>>74629227
Sondre Lerche
Angles 9
Jens Lekman
Richard Dawson
>>
File: hhhhhhhhhhhh.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhhhhh.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
More like Frankfurt Peeing lmao
>>
>>74629352
the former

>>74629507
heard the last two of those
>>
>>74629281
But Dogwander and hampus are the only /daily/ tastemakers.
>>
>>74629655
New EE, King Gizz, Brand New
Clark - S/T
Information Flash - Ego Murda Sound
Omar Souleyman - To Syria, With Love
tricot - 3
>>
File: listenalong.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>74629682
t. neu
>>
>>74629856
At the moment, I mean.
>>
>>74610012
how about you deliver your resignation from posting on these boards
>>
>>74629992
LOL Nat BTFO
(Like and share if u agree)
>>
>>74629863
What kind of impact did Hampus have on people's taste exactly? I don't see a whole lot of interest in art music, ethnomusicology, or jazz that doesn't feature edgy oriental men abusing electronics these days.
>>
>>74629992
natking on suicide watch
>>
File: 1503086219508 copy.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1503086219508 copy.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>74629227
Have you heard any of these?
>Death Grips - Steroids
>Denzel Curry - 13
>David Kanaga - Operaism
>>
File: hhhhhhh.png (687KB, 840x680px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhh.png
687KB, 840x680px
good chart to be honest
>>
>>74629728
hm the king gizz looks quite cool for them
i totally missed clark and souleyman having new stuff out, thanks!

>>74630431
nope, i'll look into them, thanks!
>>
>>74603791
Ithaca? /mu/ meet?
>>
File: 1499875686806.jpg (627KB, 1988x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1499875686806.jpg
627KB, 1988x2160px
Wow, this is terrible!
>>
>>74608962
Don't forget to give a shoutout to bubba and IU when you come through.
>>
bump limit post a meme & i will rate it
>>
File: thinking of s.png (258KB, 535x471px) Image search: [Google]
thinking of s.png
258KB, 535x471px
>>74630622
>>
>>74630622
>>
File: IMG_0409.jpg (45KB, 577x786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.jpg
45KB, 577x786px
>>74630622
>>
File: 1481778749465.jpg (153KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
1481778749465.jpg
153KB, 1200x676px
>>74630622
>>
>>74630687
the filename says thinking of s but that's clearly a speech bubble, this is inconsistent and you should fix it
>>74630711
good meme, good digits
>>74630719
good picture but it's not a meme
>>74630750
it's been a while since i've listened to pere ubu so i don't get this pere ubu meme & i am not qualified to rate it
>>
>>74629655
>heard the last two of those
but did you really *listen*?

>>74629508
thats such a good meme im horny now

>>74629227
new oxbow
>>
>>74630790
no thats a listenalong image
>>
File: clemsleep.jpg (204KB, 750x721px) Image search: [Google]
clemsleep.jpg
204KB, 750x721px
>>74630775
also can someone make a new thread so i can drop my nuclear take on the listenalong

this is the one time i want daily to not die
>>
>>74629682
Torts got us all to love that Thai record that one time
>>
>>74630790
yeah i thought of new oxbow, but i figured i'd better start at a different point in their discog?

>>74630790
yes i liked both well enough, but didn't think they were great t b h
peasant adds too much instrumentation in the first few tracks and too little in the latter I think? which maybe means that its just the wrong instrumentation in the first few tracks for me, because the last few made me think it did need the extra stuff, i dunno
>>
>>74629682
>implying /daily/ doesn't just listen to telephone_junkie's 5* albums on repeat
>>
novi
>>74631236
>>74631236
>>74631236
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.