[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bbg/ - Beach Boys General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: van dyke parks brian wilson.jpg (24KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
van dyke parks brian wilson.jpg
24KB, 500x493px
What is your favorite Beach Boys album?

What are your favorite Beach Boys songs?

Who is/are your favorite members?

Thoughts on Sunshine Tomorrow?

Any favorite Beach Boys books, films (besides Love and Mercy),videos or articles?

Favorite Bootlegs or unreleased material?

What should the band do next year for 2018 and the Friends 50th anniversary?

Discuss any news, upcoming releases, tour dates or anything Beach Boys/Brian Wilson related here

If you're musically inclined, show us your Beach Boys covers and interpretations of Beach Boys songs on vocaroo

Last thread:
>>74571388
>>
>>74586693
>>74575150
always loved the hum de dum part

here's a performance where carl's really drunk and just keeps going on and on with that part at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVFfy-wdEKo

>>74576027
>>74576333
I think it's the first album after hiring Jack Rieley as their manager. Not sure if that would influence the sound. Also I think Carl had more a leadership role/control over production, even more so than previous albums, i believe

>>74576203
I'd say so, but it's up to you. I drove 3 hours to see him last year and it was much better than when he played in my city this year. I think every show is different. I'm just glad I'm able to see him still and would go any chance I could get

>>74577577
Which part?

>>74578582
There are so many BB songs that have perfect endings that I could listen to on repeat. The "children's song" ending coda for Surf's Up is just heavenly and I could listen to it endlessly

also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVUkiD_2mwQ

>>74585933
The Beach Boys basically taught me how to sing (not that I really know how now but before i didn't really sing anything). I can sing most of their songs except a few parts like bruce's(?) harmony part on "columnated ruins domino" ( A5), i can do carl's though. I wish I was better at harmonizing and could harmonize w/ bandmates

brian also helped me play rudimentary keyboard and the BB's have inspired my songwriting to a great degree - especially the "modular" style of songwriting for GV, H&V, smile

>>74586278
we'd love to hear something if you feel like sharing (or anyone else for that matter too)

>>74586199
>>74586314
well they all have beautiful voices. I don't think anyone could compete. I've been trying to go after Brian's 70s voice when he tried to go for a "manlier" voice like on songs off Love You or especially this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-ZOmA0tsY
I'd say it's my absolute favorite vocal
>>
File: Fuck you.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>74586693
>>
>>74586693
That's a lot of questions. Here's a better one:

BRIAN WILSON RIP WHEN
>>
>>74586693
why didn't we carry on with the previous thread?

Anyways, the more I listen to Surf's Up and Van Dyke Parks' Song Cycle, the more I think that Brian envisioned a string/wind arrangement for the second half of Surf's Up not unlike the deconstructivism of Parks' arrangements on his album. I imagine it would be really interesting, one of the more musically difficult fragments of the album, but in the end would impair the subtlety and understated nature of the piano based version we know.
>>
>>74586693
none
none
no
none
none
retire
no

overrated hacks
>>
File: van.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>74586734
just been in a habit of making a new thread daily because i usually do it later in the day and the old one is 404'd. I actually didn't realize the old one had so few posts, but i'm not sure the image limit

Yeah, I think a lot of people think that. I love the second part of Surf's Up even with its minimal instrumentation but yeah I can picture something a little more grandiose like the first part. Carl and the guys didn't seem to add too much to it in '71. While Song Cycle was definitely influenced by Smile, Parks had his own thing going on and developed a style of writing, arranging and producing that was unique to him, especially with his later stuff. I don't think he was involved with any of the arrangements for the smile material (with the exception of the staccato cello triplets on Good Vibrations)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.