[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie music containment thread. Discussion related to Ugly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: grill.jpg (78KB, 960x740px) Image search: [Google]
grill.jpg
78KB, 960x740px
Normie music containment thread.

Discussion related to
Ugly God
Migos
Katie Perry
Kanye/eminem vs Kendrick (who aren't even close to the best rappers ever)
Nicki Minaj

belongs here.

Please do not discuss normie music outside of this containment thread.

If you see someone partaking in normie discussion redirect them here.
>>
Is Frank Ocean normie?
>>
>>74446012
You forgot all pop-rock, yes that includes your favorite /mu/core band.
>>
>>74446764
Nirvana?

They are def normie music.
>>
File: IMG_0817.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
this is the best normie music has to offer
>>
>>74446927
lol.
>>
We don't need another general, faggot.
>>
>>74446012
remember when someone tried to start a hip hop general and it immediately died?
>>
>>74448924
Probably because of all those normies talking about nicki minaj and kendrick vs eminem type normie shit so you could never have a real discussion about the genre.
>>
Ask hiroshima
>>
File: 1502074168407.jpg (5KB, 249x180px) Image search: [Google]
1502074168407.jpg
5KB, 249x180px
Op probably thinks mc ride is the best rapper LOL
>>
Anybody heard the new Antihoney mixtape?
>>
>>74449294
No.
>>
its insane how not funny these threads are
>>
>>74450098
They aren't meant to be funny.
>>
>>74446012
FUCKING NORMIES REEEEE - The thread
>>
>>74450784
They also accomplish nothing. Good shitpost
>>
>>74446012

What rapper do you claim to be that much better than eminem?
>>
>>74451058
rakim, kool g rap, andre3000 just to name a few of the mainstream ones.
>>
>>74451124

Andre 3k is good

What makes rakim better than eminem. His rhyme density? They both have made raps where nearly every word rhymed. There are rappers with a harder delivery than rakim aka freddie gibbs, RZA, black thought. You can appreciate rakim for starting a movement but i cant get into him like that
>>
First 4 Coldplay albums are fantastic

A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park is great

Pretty. Odd by Panic At The Disco is 10/10
>>
>>74446012
Stop trying to force this unfunny newfag level meme.
>>
>>74446012
Friendly reminder to direct Radiohead posters here!
>>
>>74451814
It's not a meme.

It's damage control because normies are destorying this board by making it 80 percent pop music.

Having a top40 thread made every five minutes means things like Jazz don't even get a chance to be discussed before the music normies knock it down to the bottom with their several threads about the latest top 40.

What's the point in tolerating this? Normies can discuss their love for top40 literally anywhere.

It's hard to find a place to talk about jazz.
We have one here but the normies are destroying it when they shouldn't have to because normies already dominate the whole world.

Why must they dominate 4chan too?
>>
>>74451862
Do it yourself.
>>
>>74451898
>>>/r9k/
discuss your super cool anti-normie intellectual music there anon
>>
>>74451898
/mu/ isn't an echo chamber for non normie music.
>>
>>74451898
I started a modal jazz thread the other day that died with 0 replies. Where were you kiddo?
>>
>>74451898
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/r9k
>>
>>74451939
I dunno where I was at the time but you can blame the billions of normie threads being made every couple of minutes for killing it before anyone got a change to reply.

It's time to take /mu/ back from the normies.
>>
>>74451992
/mu/ is a relatively slow board, if people were interested they would have posted
>>
>>74451992
It was on there for quite a while. I also posted a minimalism thread today that died with 4 replies one of which was me.
The problem isn't how many normie threads there are, because both of those threads were up a while, but how there really aren't many people here willing to talk about that kind of shit
>>
>>74451898
This. /mu/ is dying and nobody seems to care.

>>74452018
/mu/ threads get pruned in about an hour if they don't get replies. That's pretty fast.

>>74452046
This too. And we are taking about fucking minimalism, which is still relatively popular, just like jazz.
>>
>>74452102
Even though we are agreeing here, I fucking despise you AMG
>>
File: 1472350311889.png (89KB, 239x344px) Image search: [Google]
1472350311889.png
89KB, 239x344px
>>74452102
>tfw feel like I have a higher level of critical thought that 70% of this board
shit's depressing dude
>>
>>74452209
Why? What's wrong?
>>
>>74452046
They are driven off by all the normies.
>>
>>74452018
Threads on /gd/ last for months.
>>
>>74452321
You claim to be so much better than the average /mu/tant but actually listen to entry level out there shit. Also you come off very obnoxious
>>
Anyway if anyone else is reading this help us tale /mu/ back from the normies.

If you see a kanye vs kendrick thread for example just say "fuck off normie" to them.

If enough people start doing it we can make them go away.
>>
>>74452518
It's the intention what matters, anon. No, but seriously, I do listen to entry level stuff, I have never denied that, but I actually listen to less popular stuff as well and listen to unpopular genres too such as trad folk, for example.
Yeah, I know I appear obnoxious. At the same time, I'm actually better than the average /mu/tant (for the purposes of this board), but that's not really an impressive thing.

>>74452550
And sage. Don't forget sage.

>>74452401
Threads on /3/ last for years.
>>
>>74452617
help me do this.

We need to get enough people doing it to take it /mu/ back from the normies.
>>
>>74452654
Do you have a Discord? If not go make one and I will add you to plan some things.
>>
>>74452617
>It's the intention what matters, anon. No, but seriously, I do listen to entry level stuff, I have never denied that, but I actually listen to less popular stuff as well and listen to unpopular genres too such as trad folk, for example.
>Yeah, I know I appear obnoxious. At the same time, I'm actually better than the average /mu/tant (for the purposes of this board), but that's not really an impressive thing
Alright but before you start claiming to be one of the only serious people on this board you've got to dig a little deeper man
>>
>>74452698
I mean, that's my point exactly. The bar is already set pretty low already.
>>
>>74452685
I don't.
>>
>>74452756
Then go make one. Or any other form of contact if you prefer.
>>
>>74452790
give me an email adress
>>
As long as it's music related I'll post about what I want where ever I want, faggot.
>>
Why are you on a meme board then? There's a lot of jazz enthusiast message boards out there.
>>
>>74452974
Sure, I just made this one
[email protected]
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.