[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (689KB, 836x422px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
689KB, 836x422px
>>
lmao this album is getting panned
>>
HAHAHA WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW FANTANOKEKS
>>
Eh, I was already pretty certain he wouldn't like it. He gave Adz a pretty mediocre score back when that came out so I couldn't see him digging this that much.

Still think it's a good album.
>>
Still a great album
>>
it's an 8/10
>>
Katy Perry got a 6
hmm...
>>
>releases album the same time as a nigress
>gets bad scores so the nigress album can get praised just for being a nigress
Is this what diversity feels like?
>>
I liked it but it just isn't as great as everyone is saying it is. The length of the album isn't justified by the content. The concept is interesting, but it lacks so much focus.
>>
>>73361499
It is if you have a persecution complex and a wholesome lack of hobbies outside of browsing 4chan.
>>
it's a 7.5... There are too many good moments on this album for it to be a fucking 5. (2nd half of Jupiter, Pluto, Venus, etc...) It is let down by the ambient sections and fantano was right about the albums pace and flow. But a 5 is mean fantano!
>>
Why didn't Sufjan make a studio version of the live performance compositions? I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but almost every live version is superior to the studio version. For example, the orchestral horn swells in Mercury's live performance were great, but their absence in the studio version make it sound way less interesting.
>>
its a 6/10 for me. and AOA is my AOTD
>>
It's a strong 6 imo
>>
I feel like Sufjan is too literate for music. I shouldn't have to have Genius open to be able to understand what he's talking about. Wow you know a bunch of different names for Aphrodite, so impressive.
>>
why does fantano hate sufjan?

> planetarium a 5
> carrie and lowell a 7
> age of adz a 6
>>
>>73362310
what an idiotic post, delete it immediately
>>
>>73362364
no.
>>
>>73361701
T. Cuck
>>
>>73362340
i actually know lots of ppl irl who hate sufjan also :( but prefer father john misty
weird huh
>>
>>73362340
Those scores for C&L and Adz are pretty accurate though. Planetarium is a 7 for me though

I really wish Sufjan would come out with something as good as Illinois again :/
>>
>>73363228
Sure.
>>
>>73361476
they're judged by different standards in what they're attempting
>>
>>73363228
white boys are so insecure.
>>
File: aXj43kiaeioqbzxklcbhwioe.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aXj43kiaeioqbzxklcbhwioe.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>73361499
Maybe if white people made good music, there'd be reason to listen to it???
>>
>>73361184
I understand that the scores are his opinion but he nitpicks on some of the weirdest things. His scores have to the way they are for views / controversy.
>>
>>73362340
> age of adz a 6
It's at least a light 8 for me. Better than Carrie and Lowell desu.
>>
FUCK YOU ANTONY YOU RETARD
>>
>>73362340
Dunno but his singing voice does it for me. I really like the BQE actually. But anything with Sufjan singing is ruined
>>
His whole review was basically him finding different ways to say it was "incoherent" (in his opinion). He barely even analyzed any of the music besides mentioning some of the instruments/electronics, but without any depth to his analysis whatsoever, which is absurd because when you consider that the album is a really dense combination of classically composed music, electronics, guitar etc., you would think a music critic would have a lot to say about the music...but Fantano opts to just use buzzwords like "overly ambitious", "indulgent", etc. It's very funny because I could easily say those things about those Swans albums he loves so much.

and the snarky comment about how Sufjan fans will love it just because it's ambitious was a real dick move. he's pretty full of himself at this point.

>>73363228

>
>>
>>73366936
Fantano is definitely incompetent as displayed countless times before but this album is still a bad mish-mash of electro-pop and ambient. 90% of the issues are Sufjan's vocals.
>>
>>73366936
>Sufjan fans will love it just because it's ambitious
this is true though
>>
File: tfwnotsmart.png (15KB, 644x731px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnotsmart.png
15KB, 644x731px
>>73362310
Every Westerner should have a solid knowledge of Greek and Roman myth.
>>
>>73361429
>>73361474
I swear if I get duped into listening to another mediocre album I'll...well I'll come back to shitpost. I wasn't a fan of some of the singles for this project but I'll check it out I guess.
>>73364797
I don't think it's for controversy but I think even he gets in his own head sometimes. You're right that he nitpicks though. My favorite is the "shoddy production" line he throws out a lot where apparently no one else's ear on the planet can hear how bad the production is but him, and he won't ever specify what exactly he didn't like about the production.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.