[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - Music Discussion Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 67

File: 1442669551866.jpg (790KB, 2258x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1442669551866.jpg
790KB, 2258x2250px
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>/listenalong schedules
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread: >>72796815
>>
firmst
>>
File: 1385078615636.jpg (8KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1385078615636.jpg
8KB, 540x540px
Maybe I should stop writing so many reviews if most are gonna be bad

>John Coltrane – Africa / Brass
The fact that this guy made more good music in a single year than pretty much anyone will make in their entire life is a bit depressing, but also goes to show how prolific and bold this guy’s output was becoming 1961. The really subtle, warm progressions are what got to me here. There were hints of “yeah I get it” that I felt internally by the end of this, but I can’t really say I got tired of this or anything. Phenomenal.

>Woven Hand - Blush Music
After hearing this, I made a pledge to hear Sackcloth n’ Ashes again. As I said in my review of that, “gothic country” is the coolest sounding thing in the fucking world to me. I’m always rooting for a dirt-goth album to sweep my off my feet, but nothing has really affected me the way Blush Music has. The droning instrumentation + catchy country melodies + atmosphere in general make it a clear winner in my mind. There were some over-long bits I’ll admit, but I’m super ready to hear more from David Eugene Edwards if his other albums are similar to this.

>Idris Muhammad - Power of Soul
I could see this getting old or “noodle-y” to some, but rarely did it for me. For my money, this is one of the most consistent, all-killer-no-filler jazz-funk albums I can recall. Sax + keyboard workings here were often the real eyecatchers for me. In fact, Idris stays comparably subdued for having a percussionist’s name on a jazz album. If you don’t mind the jazz/fusion variant of this genre I would highly rec.

>Lightning Bolt - Earthly Delights
Although overall it’s more consistent than Wonderful Rainbow, it’s about half as memorable. It’s a beautiful wall of noise that never fucking lets go, but there’s sure no “Two Towers” or “Dracula Mountain” on this one. You’ll get something from this if you liked their essential 2003 album, but don’t expect many of those “HOLY SHIT” moments littered through this album.

1/4
>>
File: 1390358100769.png (368KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1390358100769.png
368KB, 500x375px
>>72826133

>Bauhaus - Burning From the Inside
Okay sure, She’s in Parties is one of their best songs, but it ain’t got shit on the s/t track. Idk what to say that could compliment this that wouldn’t just apply to this-era post-punk in general, but very worth your time if you enjoy their first album, though admittedly it’s just their last output but worse.

>Wendy Carlos - Beauty in the Beast
Much less novelty shlock than she’s made before. In fact, this is a pretty fucking expansive album. The influences are all over the place from gamelan, to progressive-electronic, to cool jazz, to southern Indian microtonal sounds, etc. In just under an hour Carlos takes you pretty much everywhere. Unfortunately, beauty in the Beast feels like the most original piece here, not just being a imitation piece of other great songs (except worse). Would recommend if you want something extremely spanning and expansive, but don’t expect every track to be a hit.

>Jan Johansson - Jazz på svenska
Liked much more than I thought I would, though admittedly wasn’t much. When listening to much more minimal cool/modal jazz I often end up thinking “Nice…but what’s the catch?” as if expecting something amazing to suddenly click for me, but usually never does. Great for what it is, just not much of my thing.

>Various Artists – The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Maybe it’s not a good sign in this case, but for some reason Rock Opera music really takes me back to my childhood. Perhaps it’s because of my love for Bowie and The Who back in those days, but even with never seeing this movie, this soundtrack really takes you places. The opener, the reprise, Time Warp, and Sweet Transvestite were all awesome to me. Otherwise, a lot of the Glam Rock styles got old pretty fast, no matter how fun it can be at times

2/4
>>
>>72826151

>Świetliki - O.gród K.oncentracyjny (dwa dni później)
The obvious vice of having one of thems a 20-track-hour-long albums is that unless you’re a really gifted soul, you’re bound to run into “choice cuts”. Though I enjoyed the majority of this, there were an obvious few tracks that were the realreal good ones to me (1, 8, 12, 19, for me anyways). In general though, the style of talking over good alt rock got a little old to me after repeated listens.

>Pekka Pohjola - Pihkasilmä kaarnakorva
Y’all WISH your best album could be as good as Pohjola’s worst (that I’ve heard so far, anyways). Felt like his latter works, only with less funk influences and much more obvious prog-isms that often got my goat. If you’re checking out this guy’s stuff, literally do any of his next three albums

>Bauhaus – Go Away White
Of course it’s not as good as their 70s/80s material. What are you fuckin’ dumb or some shit? However, this is pretty unjustly hated for what it is. It’s no super bombastic come back and it’s far from their best, but it has a lot of enjoyable moments. Maybe it’s just me being gay for post-punk or something, though admittedly it does suffer from in-one-out-the-other syndrome.

>Bill Orcutt - Way Down South
The biggest complaints here are that blues + free improv are sounds that have never collided in a positive way, and that the recording is a bit shotty. At 16 minutes Orcutt sure throws a lot of great playing and ideas all over the place, but few stick with me.

>Jeff Mangum - Orange Twin Field Works Vol. 1
I really hope we hear more from this guy in the future, but this is simply just poorly recorded/mixed field recordings of songs much more interesting than Mangum is trying to do in the songs. I wish I were there listening to the music instead.

>Sloan - Twice Removed
“People of the Sky” and “I can Feel It” are alright, but if I want indie pop goodness I’ll just put on the Pete & Pete soundtrack or the four good Smiths songs.

3/4
>>
File: may chart.jpg (3MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
may chart.jpg
3MB, 3000x3000px
>>72826162

>Aya RL – s/t
Maybe something was lost in translation, but I felt basically none of the “cold” “””apocalyptic””” vibes from this that others apparently did. In fact, most of these tracks are pretty boring, standard pop-post-punk songs. Hmmm. Maybe I’m missing something here, but after multiple listens I really just don’t understand what else there is to be gained out of this.

>Paul Giovanni - The Wicker Man
Hmmm. Perhaps as going with the film this would affect me in a much bolder way, but as a stand-alone album nothing really amazing jumps out here. There’s a nice, sort of evil-feeling overlying tone, but this fusion of different folk styles create nothing really cohesive or necessary in my mind. Maybe I should watch the fucking movie though.

>The Aquabats - The Fury of the Aquabats!
Ya know what? FUCK it! I had fun, okay? It’s not perfect (or in most cases, even good) but it’s a really cutsie kind of humor that reminds me a bit of Homestar Runner that I can’t help but kind of love it. Could get annoying fast, and to many is probably the worst thing ever if you hate third-wave ska (me, partially), but if you don’t mind innocent fun with some catchy melodies every once in a while, maybe don’t pass this up.

>The Garden - haha
Total shlock. I obviously don’t mind super quirky, spastic, spork-rock albums (Zappa and Ween are some of my favorite artists for gods sake) but I could tell these guys really thought they were doing much more creative stuff than they actually were. It’s just pretty basic indie-post punk with an obnoxiously-gawdy vocalist and a train whistle every now and again. Zolo like this can be done if there’s at least creative melody at play anywhere, but there’s none to be found here. Their single “Call this # Now” is alright, but that’s not even on this album. Not good.

What next?
>>
>>72826178
listen to Jimmy Carter Syndrome already you fool
>>
File: Shush.jpg (59KB, 558x547px) Image search: [Google]
Shush.jpg
59KB, 558x547px
>I am a Lake of Burning Orchids - Innocence
>Noise, Ambient Techno

Jumps from somber ambient to harsh noise to sparse techno repeatedly. Superclub is a particularly evocative track, like teetering on the edge of passing out late at a party, and a catharsis gradually rises before transitioning into Incision / Fantasy.

7/10

>Erasmo Carlos - Carlos, Erasmo...
>Brazillian Music, + rock and pop

The album cover suggests that this would be a rough sounding venture into Brazillian country, the production actually surprised me on the second and third tracks. The vocals are very plain behind strings and rock band instrumentation, like Majical Cloudz or Owen Pallett, which makes songs like "Agora, Ninguem Chora Mais". Pleasant listen overall, but nothing above that for me.

7/10

>Melt-Banana - Cell-Scape
>Hardcore Punk + Twee vocalist

You'll probably be focusing on the Yasuko's child-like, animated voice on a first listen, but the band can hold its own. They're noisy, and the production touches cleanly connects tracks to each other. The band is also merciful with the length of this album-- you're not going to listen to a Powerpuff girls actor yell for an hour, only about 26 minutes.

I think what really establishes the album as "fun rather than "serious but speshul" territory is the lightness of the vocals with unabashed noise of the band. Makes it feel like it would come out of an kids cartoon, to the benefit of a new listener.

The outro also isn't horrible, but a bit self-indulgent and one-dimensional. A 10 minute ambient bloop track is a weird thing to have on a punk album, but considering the band is Japanese I don't wonder about it too much.

"Like a White Bat in a Box, Dead Matters Go On" is still the most enjoyable track for me.

6/10
>>
File: FirstChartAccel.jpg (2MB, 2911x1988px) Image search: [Google]
FirstChartAccel.jpg
2MB, 2911x1988px
>>72826197

>Roy Montgomery - And Now the Rain Sounds Like Life Is Falling Down Through It
>Psychedelic Folk, Post Rock

Was surpised to see that FISH wasn't the one that liked this, but jimmy jazz. The atmosphere is dry and deep, even as a solo performance-- but the guitars make this a summer album.

After a great eerie intro track, we're introduced to Montgomery's reverberating acoustic strums and straight played vocals. Down From That Hill And Up To The Pond heavily trudges through a dryland, and Catherine At Aldeburgh is an evening gallop with the faintest percussion taps. Tracks like Kafka Was Correct are very hypnotic, but Entertaining Mr. Jones is the opposite.

The minute long interludes are curious, if a bit too clearly made to be "things are miserable round here."

Ill at Home and In Another Time are 9/10 closing tracks. Montgomery finds what he's looking for during the album.

7/10
>>
>>72826210
Imo that's Montgomery's best but most people lke Temple IV more.

I was too lazy to be mad at that Can opinion at first and atm I'm too tired. Maybe I'll get around to being angry tomorrow who knows. Definitely don't let that stop you from listening to Future Days or Tago Mago, as they're all pretty different.

Hit that Daikanjyo joint up rn
>>
I am tired as well and have a presentation Thursday that I am 30% prepared for

>>72826246
I'll just keep posting reviews when everyone's tired so nobody will notice that score

>Definitely don't let that stop you from listening to Future Days or Tago Mago, as they're all pretty different.
I would hope so
>>
Going to bed now, but I need 10 random recs real quick for a new chart I'm doing. Restrictions are only 1 per trip and it must be under two hours.
>>
Mark Pritchard - Under the sun
>>
File: worse.png (1MB, 2800x2800px) Image search: [Google]
worse.png
1MB, 2800x2800px
alright
>>
>>72826396
Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band - s/t
>>
File: IMG_1238.jpg (130KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1238.jpg
130KB, 1200x675px
>>72826407
I will never win ever I guess

>>72826396
Oop >>72826404
>>
>>72826396
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/the-red-army-choir/the-best-of-the-red-army-choir-the-definitive-collection/
>>
File: Far East Family Band.jpg (789KB, 1535x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Far East Family Band.jpg
789KB, 1535x1535px
>>72826396
>>
>>72826396
Tpyд - 1234
>>
File: walkin on a pretty daze.jpg (151KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
walkin on a pretty daze.jpg
151KB, 600x600px
>>72826548
(Actually not that one, it's going to be my listenalong rec come October)
do this one
>>72826396
>>72826396
>>72826396
>>
File: demon smile.png (775KB, 509x389px) Image search: [Google]
demon smile.png
775KB, 509x389px
>>72826444
at least you have numbers buddy it aint all bad
>>
>>72826396
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/glenn-jones/this-is-the-wind-that-blows-it-out-solos-for-6-and-12-string-guitar/
>>72826407
dang it
>>
>>72826396
phantasies and senseitions - bugskull
>>72826210
suicide suicide suicide
>>
>>72826396
moodymann - moodymann (2014)

>>72826407
>tfw didnt lose first round of a sdc tourney
finally
michael mayer - immer
>>
how do I join /daily/?

I used to post here frequently in the summer of 2013.
>>
File: let'sgetNOISERY.jpg (1MB, 2072x1640px) Image search: [Google]
let'sgetNOISERY.jpg
1MB, 2072x1640px
i don't remember the last time i posted this so let's work backwards

>Whitehouse - Bird Seed
wow peter sotos does what peter sotos done but on an album where it's intensely misplaced, ruins the flow of it entirely and sours the experience of everything surrounding it. wriggle like a fucking eel is danceable tho, and cut hands has the solution is bleak and interrogatively insulting enough to act as sweet release post-aids/rape montage

>skin crime - prenatal
conception thru birth themed noise (from my understanding), it starts off pretty chaotic and even has muffled fuck noises played beneath it, gets a bit slower and subdued before breaking apart at the seams towards the end i guess simulating birth? idk

>lightning bolt - wonderful rainbow
it's cool and the drums go hard and the guitar riffing is made exceptional by the fact that it's all played on a bass but there's very little meat underneath the immediate wash of fuzz, small moments break up a noise rock album you could theoretically throw on during an mdma binge

>daughters - daughters
i can't believe i'd never heard this before, it's like if Elvis fronted mclusky, it's post hardcore and grindmathcore and it hits such great moments of melody and energy and showmanship. simple concept ground into high art

>the new blockaders - changez les blockeurs
dadaism works best theoretically or as media designed for immediate consumption - anti-art works best when presented in opposition to more generally agreed upon aesthetics of 'art' - l.h.o.o.q satirizes high art with the defacing of easily the most recognizable painting in history, duchamp's fountain challenges an audiences concept of what constitutes an art piece. this album is an hour of moving furniture and atonal scraping with no structure, cohesion or any thematic conception beyond 'this isn't music'. it's basically a field recording of reorganizing a room. fuck this album it's an hour and did nothing. one star for there being a dog in it
>>
>>72826396
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/os-mutantes/a-divina-comedia-ou-ando-meio-desligado/
>>
bump wew
>>
We had an optional lecture today on intersectionalism and handicaps, which I attended for a few hours since I were to be in school regardless. The lecturer had a link to her website where she published her examination essay, which is supposed to, paraphrasing something here, "contributing to the research data of the field". Basically any such essay should be research focused and provide something new to the field, and it should uphold academic rigour.

Needless to say I checked her essay out, because it's fun and almost all gender studies essays seem to be opinion pieces and not research. So is this. It includes some beautiful titles such as:
>Oedipus as a hub in the hetropatriarchal theory building
>The idealized heterosexual culture as borderline structured
>Heterosexual base assumption in the perverse polymorph
etc.

The entire thing seems to be based under the assumption that Freud and his theories, particularly dream reading and the oedipus complex, are taken seriously in modern mainstream psychology, and how genderqueer feminist theory can deconstruct the oedipus complex. Almost nothing is properly cited, it's written in the form of "I believe" and "I think" and "It is my opinion that" throughout, and it makes so many assumptions that I just can't even.

I can't believe something like this would be accepted by a university as a master's thesis. It's ridiculous. I guess this is gender studies in a nutshell. Why can't researchers do gender seriously? It's such an interesting subject, but too few researchers actually do any research and just use it as a political platform.
>>
>>72828065
Dead - Musical Abortions
>>
>>72827322
Get a trio and start blogging about what you listen to
>>
Momentous day today. Leaving the big city after ~4 years. Feels good. Gonna buckle down on this LP2 I've been working hard on the past few months this summer, making some ambitious plans for it this time around
>>
Can someone post the new list of daily essentials? Thanks
>>
>>72828465
Oh fuck, you make music? Link to a sample?
>>
anyone else unable to post?
>>
>>72828467
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8i5Ee0eIj5g/WQppi5wv8aI/AAAAAAAAAAM/dQ9HkW3D0x8sUbC0htUQWIYNInzbkUYGgCLcB/s1600/daily.jpg
>>
>>72828491
i wish LOL!
>>
>>72828501
The last post was made over 4 hours ago.
>>
>>72828491
>posts
>"anyone else unable to post?"
w o w
>>
>>72828477
http://ethanchandler.bandcamp.com/album/rituals-2

>>72828491
Yeah, I think 4chan was down
>>
>>72828510
You know what I meant. Making a thread.
>>
>>72828523
>>72828507
>2017
>making threads on 4chan dot com
>>
triple 5s please
>>
>>72828555
wew
>>
>>72828491
4chan wasn't working for me at all like 2 hours ago. I couldn't refresh or make any posts.
>>
>>72828500
Thanks mate
>>
>talk to girl
>she says she studies political sciences
>said she wanted to be done as soon as possible
>but she started studying at Oxford, so it's worth taking an extra year
>look at her facebook page
>she actually studies at Oxford Brookes
:thinking_emoji:
>>
>>72828597
That's like telling someone you go to Columbia but you really just go Columbia College Chicago.
>>
>>72828597
she wanted to impress you! go for it!
>>
>>72828610
>>72828613
Yeah, I know, I was fairly impressed too. Now I just feel like that's bullshit really. She's not the nicest person overall, so I guess she needed some kind of merit to cling to.
>>
>>72828624
you should fuck her
>>
Also I looked up entry requirements for engineering and found that they're much lower than psychology, to the point that I can attend almost anything except industrial economics or computer engineering at Sweden's top universities. I'm considering switching, because I'm getting a bit bored with psychology and I don't think I'll want to work as a psychologist for the rest of my life. Probably leaning towards industrial design, or possibly open entry which means if I study hard I can get into industrial economy either way. Thoughts? Tips? Any engineers here who want to rant about their education?

>>72828637
But she's not even good looking and I have a partner already.
>>
>>72828668
our resident randroid should be here any minute
>>
>>72828668
>But she's not even good looking and I have a partner already.
then don't
>>
I "hate" /daily/
>>
>>72828716
I'm going to "destroy" /daily/
>>
/daily/fags

It's time to "die"
>>
>>72828668
Actually seems I can get into computer science at Chalmer's, which is a top school.

>>72828680
who
>>72828691
I won't
>>
>>72828731
jangle
>>
>>72828668
Depends on where you want to live and work. If I wanted to live and work in Sweden then I would want to go to somewhere like Uppsala or Stockholm.
>>
>>72828668
>partner
I really hate it when people say this

at least say "significant other" if you really want to call your girlfriend something clinical and sterile-sounding

head back over to reddit you fucking namefag
>>
>>72828668
Pros:
>Money eventually
>You get to brag about being in STEM
>If you go into a very specific niche like corrosion people will start begging for you before you even graduate
>You can move out of your apocalypse-bound country easily

Cons:
>You don't actually have money yet (unless you get a stipend for being an extra good boy)
>The girls are probably ugly or nonexistent
>You don't get to sleep
>Your professors are probably from Korea or something and don't speak your language well at all
>You have absolutely no free time until you graduate so you are basically trading whatever youth you have for a cushier old man experience (this depends on what kind of engineering though, if you fall for a meme like computer, nuclear, etc. it applies even more)
>Everyone in your class is probably going to be a Putin/Assad loving libertarian with mild autism
>>
>>72828764
Yeah, I don't want to work out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, but that's where psychologists are paid the most.

>>72828811
Cute

>>72828822
From what I'm hearing, people are generally offered jobs long before they graduate regardless of their speciality as long as it's from a modestly prestigeous university. Then again, the same is true for psychologists. The demands per graduate is about the same, and the difference in income isn't all that big, engineers do make more money after some ten years of experience though. Then again, if I finish my psychology degree I'll likely pursue a career in academia, which means I get paid more than regular psychologists either way.

It's a tough choice. On the upside, I feel like a bachelor in psychology is somewhat of a merit when applying to any job later on, particularly executive positions.
>>
>>72828668
cant believe jangle has bullied you into changing careers, weak
>>
>>72828880
lulno. I just recently realised that I can actually get into an engineering degree easily. I thought the entry requirements where higher. In high school I wanted to be an engineer or doctor, not a psychologist.
>>
>>72828877
nice passive-aggressive response

too bad it doesn't cover up your butthurt
>>
>>72828898
Kawaii :3
>>
>>72828898
t. the guy who one post ago was up in arms over how someone else refers to their partner lmop
>>
>>72828917
neck yourself tripshit
>>
>>72828926
why be mad when you could be glad
>>
anyone else here post on internet forum?
>>
>>72828822
>if you fall for a meme like computer
Wait, i thought cumper engineering was good?
Why's it a meme?
>>
>>72829007
I meant computer, obviously
>>
>>72826087
>steve "third" reich
how did he get away with this
>>
>>72829007
i've heard it's quite a bit easier too, less coursework anyway
>>
>saagara - 2
really compelling minimalism-type stuff. not exactly "jazzy" but the instrumentation is quite varied and there are a few solos. mostly, the compositions are gorgeous, with a focus on repetition. great stuff.

4chan's not letting me upload the chart but this gets a 3.5/5
>>
>>72829007
It's great. You are basically guaranteed 6 figures and job security until death, and every country on the planet wants you.

It's just that it requires quite a bit of studying according to the people I know who take it, the only people who have a remotely easy time are those who were /g/ since 7 years old.
>>
copped that new Swans ayyyy lamaeoh
>>
>>72829041
>You are basically guaranteed 6 figures and job security until death, and every country on the planet wants you.
>In Sweden the average yearly income for engineers with 5 years of education and 20 years of work experience is around 70k USD
:thinking_emoji:
>>
>>72829106
Engineers are also oversaturated in your country if I recall. I don't know if going into the military for the international connections, clearance, etc. is really an option there as well.
>>
I need four more recs from trips I haven't gotten recs from before.

1 album per trip, must be under two hours.

>>72826404
>>72826534
>>72826568
>>72827229
>>72827271
>>72827577
accepted

>>72826581
>>72827280
already heard

>>72826412
"anon" isn't a trip

>>72829057
Considering too

>>72828822
I never understood this point about stem tbqh. Literally all of the people I hang out with are outside my classes. Not tryna form a stem-lord friend group no thanks.

>>72829106
In the US it's actually the same, but a computer engineer's average salary is easily 6 figures with the same circumstances.
>>
>>72829133
have I rec yet?

If no, Night Sun - Mournin'
>>
>>72829133
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B6%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%80/sex_bomben_auf_engelland/
>>
>>72829133
Deathspell Omega - Fas – Ite, maledicti, in ignem aeternum
>>
>>72829133
Looked up computer engineers as well, they still don't hit 6 figure salaries after 20 years of experience. They're at about 85k, or if in an executive position 90k.
>>72829129
Dunno, probably is. I know the demand for engineers isn't that immense compared to graduates, but everyone still gets a job. Basically the same as psychologists.

It also seems psychologists incomes are increasing steadily. It's already at about the same as engineers on average, but it seems like in the future experience might also become more valued and raise the income at higher experience levels.
>>
one more

>>72829140
accepted

>>72829159
lmao accepted

>>72829168
I mean that's still plenty of nugs
>>
>>72829180
It's much less than my dad has made for the last 30 years of his career, and he's just a lowly optician :shrug:
>>
>>72829180
>>72829164
AHEM
>>
>>72829180
corridor - le voyage eternel
(let this in over tuco)
>>
>>72828877
Bumfuck nowhere is pretty nice when you're older though
>>
>>72829218
Yeah but I'm not older yet.
>>
no more ;)

>>72829164
>>72829203
oh yeah accepted.

still need one more though

>>72829211
in

>>72829197
how much money you make @ mac donalds in shweeden
>>
>>72829222
Yeah, but you don't need to be paid when you're young though.
>>
>>72829223
can i change my rec
>>
hey I need one more rec. Kanzler is retarded.

>>72829233
fine
>>
>>72829237
crescent - collected songs
>>
>>72829223
It's shit.

>>72829232
But I want to live a luxurious bachelor's life in the middle of the city?
>>
>>72829244
>>72829233
>>72829211
are we just gonna ignore this or what
>>
one more rec plox

>>72829244
okay

>>72829256
i guess
>>
>>72829237
Robert Ashley - wolfman
>>
>>72829245
>But I want to live a luxurious bachelor's life in the middle of the city

Are you planning on moving to Angola or something?
>>
>>72829273
I literally do not understand this comment.
>>
>>72829245
>I want to live a luxurious bachelor's life in the middle of the city
you fucking lifelover
>>
Done with exams, so I'm going to make another chart! Fuck assembly.

Rec me 14 albums, so I can make a nice even 60 total. Anything goes.
>>
>>72829288
New Swans
>>
>>72829288
Zappa / Mothers - Roxy & Elsewhere

John Fahey - Fare Foreward Voyagers
>>
>>72829288
Yeah, fuck em
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/earthless/rhythms_from_a_cosmic_sky/
>>
>>72829296
is this a meme
>>
>>72829288
al-90 - code-915913
>>
>>72829288
bugskull - phantasies and senseitions
tful282 - mother of all saints
doopee time
otomo yoshihide - dreams
>>
>>72829315
nope
New Swans live album my duderino
>>
>>72829278
That is the only way you are going to be able to afford to live luxuriously in the middle of a big city, as an engineer or otherwise. Unless you plan on becoming a big name stock broker or celebrity (4chan celebrity is not enough) soon. Housing in the good parts of a big city are insanely expensive. Even the good parts of cities in the shittier European countries.

Though you could probably afford one in the capital of Eritrea, which is supposedly a really great city even though the rest of the country is basically North Korea.

>>72829288
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D1%86%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B1%D1%96%D0%BB%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%82%D1%8C/%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%96%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D1%83%D0%B7%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0-manirna-muzyka/
>>
>>72829288
won james won 2013 album
>>
>>72829340
tight
>>
>heard a total of 1 new album in the past 4 days
feels good to not be a /daily/ all the time

>>72829288
tfw done with exams too but am gonna read and watch movies instead of music
antique pony - unalbum

>>72829315
swans is the only band name tuco knows so he isnt capable of saying things like "new oxbow" or "dude fishmans shiggy diggy"
>>
>tfw can't upload funny picture I found

>>72829346
I could study industrial economy and enter an executive position for a moderately large international company within a few years of graduation and make 300k/y EASY
>>
>>72829366
Well describe it at least
>>
>>72829288
Modern Jester
>>
>>72829366
was it a weirdly shaped macnugget
>>
>>72829374
It was a meme picture of bug society in tiers with funny labels and not a single of them was a bug and also it said "can bugs have autism? yes"
>>
>>72829383
Nice that does sound funny
>>
>>72829311
>>72829312
>>72829319
>>72829335
>>72829346
>>72829347
>>72829365
>>72829375
Thanks bois. Funnily enough a few of these were already on my chart.
>>
>can't upload picture of mario smokig weed
screaming at my computer screen rn
>>
Fun fact:
0.999... = 1
Anyone who thinks otherwise is clinically retarded

>>72829389
Yeah it was funny I wish I could share with you guys
>>
>>72829398
Try to recreate it as ASCII art
>>
>>72829366
>Joining the globalists

[imagine I posted a hilarious Alex Jones image]
>>
>>72829346
what's the easiest way to become a millionaire?
>>
>>72829429
Be born one.
>>
>>72829245
>But I want to live a luxurious bachelor's life in the middle of the city?
....as a psychologist?
>>
>>72829423
>mfw I heard on a lecture today that deaf people want to be deconolized from hearing people
>mfw I didn't think colonized could even mean that
>colonizing people
>deaf people
>intersectionalism
>handicaps
>conolization
>evil white straight men
>mfw
[imagine I posted a picture of a scared white man]
>>
>>72829434
why is life so fucking unfair?
>>
>>72829435
Nignog I'm considering switching to another programme.
>>
>>72829346
>or celebrity (4chan celebrity is not enough)
holy kek

seriously though, housing is not affordable unless you room with a bunch of people. Even then, it's impossible to find. Isn't Hampus Swedish? He should know this better than any of us.
>>
>>72826197
>strings and rock band instrumentation, like Owen Pallett
hmmm... wdhmbt
>>
>>72829444
>considering
You should go into gender studies. It pays really well. I'm currently a UN feminist ambassador and I have a nice big apartment in Tribeca.
>>
>>72829467
Average apartment rent in Stockholm is about 12kSEK, and average psychologist salary is around 35-40kSEK. So housing wouldn't be a problem.
>>72829488
Boylo
>>
Still need four (4) more recs
>>
>>72829536
AN - Revelation I: World Minus Population
>>
>>72829536
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%E3%81%AF%E3%81%AB%E3%82%8F%E3%81%A1%E3%82%83%E3%82%93/%E3%81%8B%E3%81%AA%E3%81%97%E3%81%B0%E3%82%8A__kanashibari_/
>>
>>72829439
If you're pretty looking enough you could marry someone who already did the hard part, then divorce them.

>>72829467
He might be able to afford something like Skopje if he were willing to move abroad. But then you would have to live there...
>>
>>72829536
another wjw album
>>
>>72829536
yet another wjw album
>>
>>72829614
>>72829641
Fishmans it is
>>
continuation of the mothers albums i haven't heard yet!

zappa and mothers - the grand wazoo

the first track is maybe a little bit tooo regular prog jam for my tastes, but everything after is nice and oddly relaxing which is not something you can say about zappa very often. the hints of big band throughout the album are definitely a big plus, possibly my favorite kind of jazz.

zappa and mothers - over-nite sensation

a bit too much cock in the rock this time. i still like i am the slime a lot, mostly for the amazing SNL performance of it, but the general sound of this one is a lot more... masculine and sweaty. i remember hearing montana years it although this time around all i really got out of it were the great lyrics. oh well.

what am i in for with one size fits all?
>>
File: IMG_5669.jpg (389KB, 1358x1364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5669.jpg
389KB, 1358x1364px
>>72829954
aaaand the pic didn't post
>>
File: hatted_piggo.png (309KB, 561x408px) Image search: [Google]
hatted_piggo.png
309KB, 561x408px
>>72828668
lmaoing my ass off

>>72828822
Very wrong. My eng class is pretty much 50/50, and there's no correlation in attractiveness to major as far as I can tell.
>Everyone in your class is probably going to be a Putin/Assad loving libertarian with mild autism
They also all have an affinity for pigs.

>>72828894
Engineering isn't outrageously hard to get into because it has such a high dropout rate. I encourage the change though if you're disenchanted with psychology; one of the great things about Engineering is it's such a massive field of study and is transferrable even into other sectors like business and management. That's one of the main reasons I chose it.
>>
>>72826087
Well, finally listened to A Love Supreme earlier and it was entirely different from what I had expected, didn't realize until after I had listened to it that Coltrane led a quartet, so when I first listened to the album I was expecting essentially an entire brass band with some jazz equivalent of Paranoid Android midway through, needless to say it wasn't exactly as grandiose as I'd predicted. Kinda underwhelmed by it though I will say the percussion is divine, I could listen to that all day. I'll certainly give it more listens and his other material (starting with Ascension and Blue Train) in due time.

Not much else to record, been listening more to Psychocandy and I'm really starting to love it, though it'd be some tacky dollar store proto-shoegaze that got recognition entirely due to its influence though its brilliant and far exceeded my expectations. Speaking of love the first time I heard Coltrane mumbling "a loooove supreme" I could only picture some promotional offer at a Beach Boys themed McDonald's restaurant.

>>72829288
Summoner - Beyond the Realm of Light.
>>
File: 1402084177150.png (93KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1402084177150.png
93KB, 171x278px
>>72829595
>But then you would have to live there...
>>
>>72828822
>>72830238
How is Civil? Been trying to get into a university for it (after retaking exams).
>>
>>72829479
his voice is boring but everything around it sounds good just like owen pallett
>>
File: IMG_5672.jpg (137KB, 732x1299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5672.jpg
137KB, 732x1299px
>>72830361
owen's voice is heaven
>>
>>72830219
>lmaoing my ass off
y tho
>>
>OnePlus 5 might cost as much as $650
Maybe I should just buy the 3T as it's in stock right now. Broke my phone last week and can't stand using this old iPhone 4S.
>>
File: ofukyes.jpg (49KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
ofukyes.jpg
49KB, 630x418px
>>72830434
>y tho
Because 50% of your posts have been defending the course and boasting about how the program is tougher than STEM, how they get higher wages, and how much more respected and in demand clinical psychologists are.
>>
>>72830535
>been defending the course
Yes? Nothing I've said is incorrect and you die-hard STEM-fedoras are really putting me off from the field again, thanks for reminding me.

>how the program is tougher than STEM
Never said this.

>how they get higher wages, and how much more respected and in demand clinical psychologists are.
I've said they're about the same, nothing else.

I guess STEMfags really are retarded after all.
>>
File: lucius.jpg (29KB, 668x566px) Image search: [Google]
lucius.jpg
29KB, 668x566px
>>72830433
i like Heartland a lot but I think it's the way his voice is very clean and not decorated around his string arrangements that makes the songs pop more

though songs like Lewis Takes Off His Shirt or The Great Elsewhere do make his voice very great
>>
File: Autism_awareness_ribbon_fi.jpg (77KB, 630x485px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_awareness_ribbon_fi.jpg
77KB, 630x485px
in during pigfag autistically searching through all my posts in the archive to find anything that could imply I said any of these >>72830580
>>
>>72830580
>you die-hard STEM-fedoras are really putting me off from the field again
The fuck does this mean? I was making a joke dude, but if you assimilate better with the rabid feminist demographic maybe it's for the better to remain in your current trajectory.
>>
>>72830805
L M A O
M
A
O

Good post, you're gonna be a great STEMlet in the future.
>>
>>72830795
When have I done anything similar ever, did you fail a course and need to blow off some steam or something?
>>
>>72830805
jangle dw tho, hampy lives in Sweden. Nothing he says or does has any credibility.
>>
File: Hoooo weee.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Hoooo weee.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>100 new replies since I last checked /daily/
>It's another STEM vs Psychology episode

Oh boy this is fun

>>72829954
One Size Fits All is a cool, proggier listen, one of the better Zappa albums imo. Doesn't get as wandering as Grand Wazoo either

>>72830238
Huh, bummed you weren't all that big on Love Supreme. Maybe I was wrong and you'll get more out of the craziness of Ascension
>>
>>72830902
>bummed you weren't all that big on Love Supreme.
Half of people that listen to ALS for the first time aren't ready for it tho. I've seen plenty of people not like it on first listen.
>>
who likes dubs?
>>
>>72830888
True, we're all really disgusting feminist man-hating cucks who flog ourselves for being white, hetero and cis.
>>72830902
No.
>>
>>72830924
>True, we're all really disgusting feminist man-hating cucks who flog ourselves for being white, hetero and cis.
Shame on you! Your ancestors did not die for this!
>>
>>72830921
>Half of people that listen to ALS for the first time aren't ready for it tho.
>music is a video game
>hurp derp better level up before I listen to LE DEEP jazz
>better grind some more lowly pop albums hurr durr
>>
>>72830947
wut
>>
>>72831001
trips are the worst
>>
>>72830963
>you're not high enough in skill level jazz to understand A Love Supreme
>hurp durp if you listen to more jazz you will like it der der der
>>
>>72831163
more like
>you're not high enough [...] to understand A Love Supreme
>>
File: spongecarlton banks wut.jpg (11KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
spongecarlton banks wut.jpg
11KB, 300x200px
>>72831163
>>
>>72830433
actually, listening to In Conflict and Pallett's voice gets better, not comparable to Erasmo Carlos anymore
>>
File: topsters2 (2).png (2MB, 1662x910px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (2).png
2MB, 1662x910px
should i just get it over with and try wolfman
>>
>>72830922
only good post itt
>>
>>72831163
I mean this is sorta unironically true
>>72831438
Yes
>>72830922
Me
>>
>>72831561
Your post is pretty good as well.
>>
File: adventuresofdnb.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
adventuresofdnb.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3D-mZepC0

you boys like you some nerdcore?
cause it's pretty alright
>>
>>72831695
thanks dude love you too
>>
>>72831163
imagine being this pissy about such a small thing
>>
>>72831163
holy shit you are literally retarded
>>
>>72831163
>what??? Listening to something more will mean you enjoy it more????? Can't everyone just pretend to like stuff they don't understand like I do?
>>
File: 84094-6.jpg (59KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
84094-6.jpg
59KB, 600x375px
>>72831951
>>72831847
>>72831816
>>72831648
>>72831206
>>72831200
So what's your jazz level?! How many jazz albums do you need to listen to to reach level 54 where one can understand A Love Supreme without a reduced hearing roll?!!
>>
>>72831983
4/20
>>
>>72831983
my jazz level is.... over 9000!!!!
>>
>>72831983
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (1MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
1MB, 1558x2700px
>>72829038
>>
>>72832039
some serious carbface goin on there
>>
>>72832032
lol
>>
>>72831983
my jazz level is
e l e v e n
>>
>>72832039
>balding
>fat
>ugly
>country is being overran by muslims
>get made fun of by kids on 4chan that know more about music than you
ya know I think sometimes I'd get pretty pissy too
>>
but a love supreme is pretty enjoyable and it's one of the entry gates to jazz...
>>
>>72831983
You don't think knowing more about a genre makes you a better judge of a work of said genre? Disregard all talk about "levels"

Or just arguing to argue?
>>
>>72832206
>it's one of the entry gates to jazz...
yeah it only takes level 5!
>>
lmao hampus

what have the last couple listenalongs been btw, want to finally catch up
>>
>>72832233
>what have the last couple listenalongs been
bad
>>
>>72832206
I think hampus is mostly right, but I remember it was one of my first jazz albums (granted, I was 14 at the time) and I didn't feel like I "got" it at all.
>>
>>72832206
not really for your average music listener, anything avant-garde is gonna sound weird if you're used to standard shit

I don't like A Love Supreme that much anyway though
>>
File: so far.png (20KB, 738x197px) Image search: [Google]
so far.png
20KB, 738x197px
>>72832233
>>
>>72832463
rip co :(

If I go back and review old listenalongs can I bring my score up, teach?

I ain't settling for a C- in /daily/
>>
>>72831983
is hampus actually this dumb or is this just a troll
>>
>>72832505
i liked nug hampus better :(
>>
>>72832463
thanks, and shit I thought it was me soon but didnt realise i was next
>>
>>72832525
also can does my listenalong have to be completely fresh to everyone or can another person in here have already listened
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (1MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
1MB, 1558x2700px
>Saagara - 2
This kicked ass. Probably the only album here that blew me away really. I loved how subtly it progressed and how instrumentally tight it was. Might be a little minimal for some people, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. High rec for 2017.

>>72832565
it'd doesn't HAVE to be completely fresh but that's the idea, to introduce people to new music. It'd be pretty boring if more than a few people have heard it.
>>
>>72832565
term and i had already heard corpus but posted on the chart anyways
doesnt really matter
just has to be fun, okay? focus on not fucking _that_ up too hard.
>>
yes context is helpful when listening to jazz but at the same time a skronk is a skronk no matter how free and will sound like a skronk and there's nothing wrong with a skronk sound but it's kinda hard to contextualize free jazz soloing except for listening to other free jazz so at the free jazz level there's a plateau of required context if you get what im saying

that said a love supreme shouldn't require much jazz context, it's got a charm that transcends form

/transgodesque rant
>>
>>72832495
sure, just tell me if you need a chart, I think i have all the updated ones by now
>>
>>72832653
yeah i was gonna keep it down to 1 other person, 2 at worst if it's a really good choice

I need to get on this Saagara shit

>>72832657
i'll try
>>
>>72832741
If you could post the first two that would actually be awesome.

Otherwise I could always go archive diggin'
>>
>>72832653
i had a feeling you'd really like it
>>72832774
it's rlly good
>>
File: 86 listenalong Sam Prekop.png (1MB, 1732x1800px) Image search: [Google]
86 listenalong Sam Prekop.png
1MB, 1732x1800px
>>72832793
>>
File: 87 listenalong Frank Sinatra.png (1MB, 2000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
87 listenalong Frank Sinatra.png
1MB, 2000x1409px
>>72832833
>>
File: 93 listenalong Won James Won.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
93 listenalong Won James Won.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>72832793
but you're not missing on the first one
last one tho
>>
File: 1472366172736.jpg (19KB, 217x205px) Image search: [Google]
1472366172736.jpg
19KB, 217x205px
>>72832872
I did the last one though: >>72814383

I'll get this >>72832853 one done though just to finish it up
>>
>>72832914
oh, nice, i was rather inactive last days, sorry ;/
>>
>>72832741
can I get the ones I haven't done?
I think that's week 4, 5, 6, 7 and maybe 3? I think I might have listened to that though but I really can't remember t b h
>>
File: part.png (24KB, 882x197px) Image search: [Google]
part.png
24KB, 882x197px
>>72832991
it's only 4,5,7
gimme a sec
>>
File: 89 listenalong The Ganelin Trio.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
89 listenalong The Ganelin Trio.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>72833048
>>
>>72833079
>>
>>72833048
oh yeah didn't mean to say 6, i've actually listened to a couple off of that record a few times since
>>
File: 92 listenalong Elend.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
92 listenalong Elend.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>72833122
>>
>>72833079
>>72833122
>>72833147
cheers man
>>
File: IMG_2493.jpg (177KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2493.jpg
177KB, 1024x683px
>>72833147
>>72833122
I need to obtain more picture of Colin Stetson angrily playing his sax

Especially while wearing that Liturgy shirt
>>
File: thatsamightyfinechart.jpg (2MB, 1960x910px) Image search: [Google]
thatsamightyfinechart.jpg
2MB, 1960x910px
Lookin' slick lads
>>
>>72833599
this is a mighty fine summer chart!
have fun hearing faust for the first time
>>
File: 1495059817751.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1495059817751.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>72833599
so much good shit here
hype
>>
>>72833630
I've actually heard Faust before a few times, but during my early days of music listening. I'd imagine it's going to sound quite different to me now.
>>
>>72833599
Some hot ones on there, also some polarizing ones
>>
File: rip my curve.png (3MB, 2661x1680px) Image search: [Google]
rip my curve.png
3MB, 2661x1680px
what next

(maiden voyage was fuggin great)
>>
>>72833701
try unit structures. im not personally a huge fan but u may like it
>>
>>72833716
may be hard to see, but the rating's already on there
I liked it
>>
>>72833697
What do you see getting panned? Only thing I could possibly dislike heavily are the onkyo and lowercase albums.

Btw not sure if you saw but I loved Angles 9s record. Probably my favorite of this year.
>>
File: worse.png (1MB, 2864x2864px) Image search: [Google]
worse.png
1MB, 2864x2864px
so whats this then
>>
>>72833747
Aha, I had a feeling! Looking at this and the necks for albums of the year so far.

Things I keep trying (and failing) to understand the hype for:
Visions of the country
Magma
All the noise stuff here
Autechre (kind of)
Conference of the birds
>>
>>72833758
>up against shamepai
im sorry shame but..... i am el mejor latino
>>
>>72833747
The onkyo ya got on there is great
Especially egrets
>>
>>72833825
Yeah as soon as I heard that meaty sax tone and the vibraphone solo I knew I'd fall in love with it.

Noise and free jazz are always polarizing I suppose. And yeah I forgot about magma. My rym friends gave it a low average rating but I know many people love it.

I'm surprised you don't like Visions though. I figured you'd be into American primitivism.
>>
Guys...

What's with this?

Why are all these songs about me?

I'm not even being vain, they really are. Hundreds at this point. Black//white red//blue stars, blackstar, the superlove. Blue eyes. Suffering. planes. Flying.

How bizarre.

What even is life?
>>
>>72833825
what do you not get about Visions?
>>
File: what animal.jpg (812KB, 1634x1225px) Image search: [Google]
what animal.jpg
812KB, 1634x1225px
>>72833913
do you know what bug this is
>>
>>72833863
I've just barely listened to onkyo so idk if I like it yet
>>
>>72833599
nice ass chart there.
>>
File: dailycore2.jpg (4MB, 2822x4239px) Image search: [Google]
dailycore2.jpg
4MB, 2822x4239px
Post-feelist. Overall: 2.67
>Current 93 - Black Ships Ate the Sky
Didn't really like this record at all at the beginning, but it (somewhat) grew on me. I'm just really not that much of a fan of David Tibet's vocals, and I don't think I ever will be. His accent isn't enjoyable to listen to, dude kind of sounds like what I imagine a leprechaun would sound like imo, and I can't get that corny aesthetic out of my head. I may be giving this too much credit in my rating, because I also didn't really love the folky production either. However, I loved the concept of the album, and there were certainly some tracks that I felt were pretty good. Best tracks: Black Ships in the Sky, Black Ships Seen Last Year South of Heaven
3/5
>Ghédalia Tazartès - Diasporas
Directionless music that was experimental/ "weird" just for the sake of doing so. It did have its moments, but overall not that good of an album.
2.5/5
>Simon Wickham-Smith & Richard Youngs - Ceaucescu
Came into this really enjoying how noisy it is, but holy FUCK the vocals are terrible. Like I'm not one to complain about this, but it's impossible to ignore here. The only track I felt like the vocals worked on (and the only track I enjoyed a lot in general) was A Song For The Spanish Anarchists. Could've been so much better had it not had such shitty vocals.
2.5/5
>>
>>72833935

Boisea trivittata
>>
>>72833972
thanks buddy
>>
>>72833894
>>72833916
Visions is fine, just never clicked. I don't think it's the #1 American Primitivism album or anything like that
>>
>>72833913
>What even is life?
Depends, do you have an eternal soul?
>>
>>72833913
>What even is life?
it certainly isn't posting on /daily/
>>
>>72833858
>yamir is a nigger
I fucking knew it
>>
>>72834484
No, even worse, he is Puerto Rican.
>>
>>72833758
Have you heard Dialoghi Del Presente
>>
File: rlly_makes_this_pig_ponder.jpg (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
rlly_makes_this_pig_ponder.jpg
9KB, 160x160px
>>72830824
>did you fail a course and need to blow off some steam or something?
>still no reply
>>
File: THINKING.jpg (68KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
THINKING.jpg
68KB, 1000x1000px
>>72834580
Hampus confirmed not smart enough for psychology
>>
File: puñeta.jpg (18KB, 236x235px) Image search: [Google]
puñeta.jpg
18KB, 236x235px
>>72834543
>>72834484
>worse
sendo cabrón el jampus sueco yo te lo meto por el hueco
>>
File: 1467678312356.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467678312356.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
>>72834810
>>
religious porno idea: frankincense and girth
>>
File: deletecelebrate.jpg (66KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
deletecelebrate.jpg
66KB, 615x409px
Can I get some good celebration songs to blare in my car? Normie hip hop and shit is encouraged

Examples being Kanye West - Celebration
>>
>>72835113
Celebration for what?
>>
>>72835151
Finally came out to my parents
>>
>>72835190
Congrats
>>
>>72835190
happy coming out
what did they say
>>
>>72835151
rather not say
>>72835190
>>72835199
>>72835227
,~wrong~,
>>
>>72833599
that chart is fucking loaded holy FUCK
>>72835253
>zane is gay
+1 to /gayly/ meme points
>>
>>72835113
unwritten law - celebration song
>>
>>72835313
>+1 to /gayly/ meme points
is this really necessary
everyone in daily is in some way gay
except for sshx she is a good conservative straight christian girl too pure for this world
>>
>>72835470
meme points are always totally necessary
just like everything else, ever
>>
>>72833599
this chart is fucking good dude. I really want someone on /daily/ to share my love of Roxy & Elsewhere

>>72833825
I also, admittedly, don't feel like I "get" Autechre or Magma. Or much hard bop, really.

>>72834484
I can't stop laughing at this post
>>
File: akkarin.png (721KB, 1359x553px) Image search: [Google]
akkarin.png
721KB, 1359x553px
>>72835253
good answer I see you have supporting parents that's nice
>>72835470
update: she watches yuri yuri, so not even her now
>>
>>72835686
Girls loving girls is the purest form of love
>>
File: 1494705939843.png (41KB, 376x341px) Image search: [Google]
1494705939843.png
41KB, 376x341px
>>72835253
losing your virginity? totally valid btw
>>
>>72835253
getting a reply from me
>>
>>72835190
Zane gay?
>>72835634
I'm the fool who keeps trying
>>
File: thinking19.png (12KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
thinking19.png
12KB, 300x250px
why would someone celebrate coming out to their parents? like i understand how it'd be very relieving but i wouldn't imagine it warranting a celebration or anything
>>
>>72836207
you tell us lmao youre the one doing it
>>
mfw the most ethereal sounding music comes from a video game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMBScNW_CNc
>>72836216
hmmmmmmm
>>
>>72836207
You didn't feel like a burden was lifted?
>>
File: thinkingg.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingg.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>72833599
i was about to say "whoa you have antique pony on your chart" then i remembered that was me :v

>best autechre, second best basho, jorge ben, cilio, endo, magma, conference of the birds, two of the best faheys, 8, code 915913
believe the hype

>new oxbow, sugimoto, foetus, le sculpteurs de vinyl, souvlaki, fishmans, alcachofa
dont believe the hype

>>72836207
youre not excited about coming out to your parents?
>>
File: the senate.jpg (114KB, 1560x780px) Image search: [Google]
the senate.jpg
114KB, 1560x780px
>>72836207
Imagine THIS is your dad and you just came out to him. Don't you think it deserves a little celebration?
>>
>>72836224
>imblying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefQ-Pr-YH8
>>
Oh hey Sir Richard Bishop's playing near me. Who'd've thought

nat hurry up and come to ith
>>
>>72836374
Nice, I wanted to see him too, but I was just leaving town. Don't miss out
>>
File: rip roger from the simpsons.jpg (68KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
rip roger from the simpsons.jpg
68KB, 600x900px
>>72836265
>autechre, magma, conference of the birds
>hype
>>
File: 20170501_191826.png (474KB, 719x700px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_191826.png
474KB, 719x700px
>>72836490
are you bullying me or commending me
either way thanks
>>
>>72836265
also, the only people on RYM that rated alcahofa over a three (out of 26 people) were me and boldfaure.

Where tf is this "hype" you speak of. I want summa dat.
>>
>>72836577
mostly bullying

prog and bleeps make me S H L E E P

I needa relisten to Conference though
>>
One final exam down, one final case down, one final presentation down, one final exam and one final case to go

Also, never went to the Lee Scratch Perry show that I mentioned a while ago after all—was too busy guarding John Mulaney's dressing room

Go to any cool shows lately, /blog/?

>>72836401
I need more cool friends to go to these sorts of things with. My usual showgoing friend is on a weekend bike tour, and the rest of my friends wouldn't go if I paid 'em and I wouldn't pay 'em anyway
>>
>>72836649
I went to a house show where I accidentally bumped into a guy doing a field recording in the middle of a pit and he dropped his $100 mic and someone stepped on it with their doc martens and broke it apparently

>never went to the Lee Scratch Perry show
damn dude that sucks. I REALLY need to see perry live. Seems like it'd be an amazing experience.

>was too busy guarding John Mulaney's dressing room
say what now
>>
>>72836716
>I went to a house show where I accidentally bumped into a guy doing a field recording in the middle of a pit and he dropped his $100 mic and someone stepped on it with their doc martens and broke it apparently

This is the most DIY show thing I have ever read.
>>
>>72836611
I'd include Spiritual Unity too, which has just never clicked for me, but one my earliest /daily/ memories is of you saying that clicked for you after a second listen for a tourney
>>72836649
Solo is the way if it's something you're interested in. I stopped inviting friends to non-normie stuff at some point. Cool to have someone you know would geniuinely be open and curious about stuff though, otherwise it feels like dragging someone
>>
>>72836725
lmao right?

The music "scene" on the west coast is honestly way worse than the midwest imo. Midwest has mostly math rock/emo and grindcore stuff that's not amazing, but admittedly it's much better than going to a house show where the band is 80% guaranteed to be terrible riot grrrl/crust punk group.

Where's the avant-folk scene in the midwest @? Lemme swooce right in.

>>72836772
more out-there jazz albums usually take a bit to click for me, but it's always a great experience when they do.
>>
bouta start up an onkyo scene in my college town ya feel

>>72836829
>in the midwest @
in the ***US @
>>
>>72836847
You and Hampus should collaborate
>>
I'm building a 9 ft tall trebuchet btw

>>72836611
>I needa relisten to Conference though
do it idet
>>
File: First_Opus.jpg (401KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
First_Opus.jpg
401KB, 600x600px
>“Classical music has this really amazing openness about it,” he says. “There’s no specific BPM, it doesn’t follow repetitive patterns — a lot of classical music isn’t in 4/4 time. It varies quite wildly.” - Sinjin Hawke

>13 out of 14 songs on pic related are in 4/4

what did he mean by this

>>72835190
:)

>>72836611
>prog and bleeps make me S H L E E P
i can see the panning of my album in the distance, eyes
>>
File: 1492690953967.jpg (83KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1492690953967.jpg
83KB, 612x612px
>>72836772
>Solo is the way if it's something you're interested in
Oh do I know

I'm just tired of going alone. Somebody else in this school who I could be friends with has got to enjoy this shit enough to walk 20 min and pay $10 to see it too
>>
>>72836959
We'd put contact mics on chicken mac nuggets and upload the album on bandcamp for $99

>>72837017
launch it square into my cock and balls please

>>72837029
to be fair I like some progressive electronic quite a bit
>>
>>72837108
Try the college radio station? One of them has to be avant enough.
>>
>>72837135
you could call the album "What's Your Jazz Level"
>>
File: 1494697345237.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494697345237.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>72837143
Buncha rockists, I live right across the street from the radio station too. I'm friends with a bunch of them. I'm also in the concert commission, and rock n' roll club. Slim pickings, I'm telling ya

Maybe I'll try to break into the lodge scene or find some poetry circles. I bet they got some right weirdos

There's also this massive black dude with an even massive-er afro who walks around campus wearing death grips shirts3. Maybe I'll accost him at some point

>>72836716
lmao what a dweeb, now that the mic is smashed, the recording should be extra avant

>
and you heard me
>>
http://i.imgur.com/4rs5jA5.png

The Mighty Diamonds - Right Time (1976)
>roots reggae

The riddims are always the best part of reggae for me, so this was definitely a bit of a let down. The harmonies are spectacular, but everything undernearth them is just bog-standard reggae. Super chill, and definitely something I’ll be returning to over the summer, but there’s so much better reggae out there.

2.5+

Slint - Slint (1994)
>math rock, post-rock

Nice little companion piece to Spiderland. The two pieces here are pretty much just instrumentals from that album, so I dig it. It’s still got a bit of the Tweez sound (it’s the Alibini drums), but the longer, more deliberate song structures and the heavy emphasis on crescendoes and big emotional releases adds a huge dynamic to the band’s music that would be expanded upon with Spiderland. I wish there was a vocalist, because McMahan’s vocals make the emotional releases /that/ much more potent, but this is really good nonetheless. Fucking sick cover, too.

>>72836649
I haven't gone to any cool shows lately but I just saw that fucking gorguts is playing at a normally shitty butt metal venue here in Syracuse so that's cool
>>
Note: this is an update to the original listenalong, not the newest one which can be found here: >>72814383

Gimmie that 100% Kanzler thanks.
>>
File: jazzforyoursoul.png (3MB, 2496x1842px) Image search: [Google]
jazzforyoursoul.png
3MB, 2496x1842px
>Pharoah Sanders - Black Unity
gonna be honest i listened to this a few weeks ago and really dont remember a lot from it but it was cool spiritual jazz. i liked it.

>Sonny Sharrock - Black Woman
The score on this would definitely be a lot higher if every song were as great as the first one. The passionate cries over the beautiful tones of the jazz in the background is powerful. Unfortunately, it kind of falls of for me after that. Blind Willy is a nice track, but the rest doesn't have that power for me. I still enjoyed it tho.
3.0+

>Joe McPhee - Nation Time
HELL YES this is some kick-ass jazz if ive ever heard it... how is this all improvised? its so in yr face funky, the drums are totally out of control, the sax is losing its mind, its just so god damn fun. loved it.
4.0-

>Don Cherry - mu (First Part)
Like everyone says... Those drums, man. They're untouchable. They really drive this whole album. I wasn't expecting this album to be as barebones as it is, but it really worked. Don is a seriously talented multi-instrumentalist, and its so cool to hear all the different instruments he improvs with fly over those ~amazing~ drums. I could see myself bumping this higher in the near future, but I wanna listen to Eternal Rhythms first. Really soon.
3.5+
>>
File: 1495059040668.png (2MB, 2000x2326px) Image search: [Google]
1495059040668.png
2MB, 2000x2326px
>>72837991
forgot pic :/
>>72838031
hit that Art Blakey joint up rn
>>
File: droningjangle.jpg (3MB, 3854x1680px) Image search: [Google]
droningjangle.jpg
3MB, 3854x1680px
>Satie
hey, i recognized that one piece. i really liked the atmospheres created on all the tracks. the more the album went along, the more i felt the weight and emotion of every key that was being played. its a great experience.
3.5-

>Andrew Hill - Compulsion
Really high energy post-bop. I wasn't really blown away by it, but its a good performance and I enjoyed it.
3.0-

>Dave Holland - Conference of the Birds
Again, a solid performance, but I wasn't too into it. Although I could see it growing on me with more listens. Its fun, and there's definitely a lot of energy packed in it.
3.0+

>Robbie Basho - Visions of the Country
No surprise that I enjoyed this, since its pretty much /daily/core. Basho's guitar playing is awesome, especially once you realize that all the soundscapes he makes in the beginning of the album is just him with one guitar. His singing is really nice, and I liked the piano songs as well. Not much else for me to say.
3.5+
>>
>>72838031
>>72838134
what shall i hit next
>>72838117
u got it fish
>>
>>72826210
wow can u not

lot of ppl hate the vocals but the whispering in ill at home built up to and executed rly well imo
and i guess i like the vox generally idk whats so off putting about them
if you like the jangly guitar layers stuff you could listen to Allegory of Hearing, thats the one ppl like the most
>>
>>72838156
scott 3! comme a la radio!
>>
>>72830921
my fokkin MOM likes a love supreme
>>
>>72838364
is your Mom single?
>>
>>72838364
is your Mom hot?
>>
new

>>72838764
>>
>>72838297
>lot of ppl hate the vocals but the whispering in ill at home built up to and executed rly well imo
Yes I agree

i guess i should hear it again but there seems to be a great amount of "want to die" aesthetic in these gloomy albums
>if you like the jangly guitar layers stuff you could listen to Allegory of Hearing, thats the one ppl like the most
yessir
>>
>>72833599
aaaaaaaa
plz don't do this to me
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.