[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>both from Seattle area >both played guitar left-handed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: literal gods.png (875KB, 1120x420px) Image search: [Google]
literal gods.png
875KB, 1120x420px
>both from Seattle area
>both played guitar left-handed
>both obsessed with noise
>both obsessed with destroying gear
>both claimed to be overrated (but really fairly rated)
>both actually murdered (but made to look like an accidental death or suicide)

damn...

but who was better though? who had more potential? who had the better discography?
>>
>doesn't mention that both used heroin
smdh tb.h
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 284x284px
>>61995932
>one was known for his unique style of playing guitar in a way people had never heard before, was larger than life, and had multiple hits
>the other is known for killing himself and one song
>>
>>61995932
Hendrix was the better musician not even close
the other one wrote nice songs to feels about
>>
>>61995932
Ffs anon Aberdeen is not Seattle area
>>
>>61996054
>had multiple hits
Hendrix's singles barely even charted in america half the time.
>>
>>61996024
literally all of them did
>>
>>61996054
so underage it hurts
>>
>>61995932
>but who was better though?
Hendrix
who had more potential?
Hendirx
who had the better discography?
Hendrix
>>
woodstock bohemian aesthetic > lame west coast 90s college flannel shirt grunge scene aesthetic
>>
>>61996054
Jimi Hendrix had more than one song you fucking twat
>>
>>61995932
Well this is the first time ive ever seen a Hendrix murder conspiracy
>>
>>61995932
Hendrix was the better musician, but Kurt's potential and overall discog were so much better
>>
>Who was better?
>Who had more potential?
>Who had the better discography?
JIM JAM
>>
Hendrix, without a doubt. The dude had a way of making an entire world come to life through his music. He's so god damn expressive through his playing, it's awe inspiring.

I like Kurt and all but Nirvana isn't anywhere near as versatile, influential, or listenable, for that matter.
>>
>>61996744
it's suspected that his manager killed him, but the evidence is far less concrete than with the Cobain murder theory
>>
both would have undoubtedly gone on to make better albums than what we were left with

frustrating af
>>
>>61997002
Tell me a single good band that made an album better than their original 3. They would have fallen off just like every other artist, only reason people think these two men are so great is because they died.
>>
>>61997457
No. No not at all. You could make a good argument for Nirvana becoming canonized due to the suicide, but not for Hendrix.
>>
>>61997457
>Tell me a single good band that made an album better than their original 3
Radiohead
>inb4 I said good band lol
>>
File: smh fam.gif (987KB, 271x226px) Image search: [Google]
smh fam.gif
987KB, 271x226px
>>61997520
You already knew the answer senpai, deep down you know radiohead is emo faggot shit

also
>kid a
>better than any of their first albums
shit taste detected
>>
>>61997457
>Tell me a single good band that made an album better than their original 3
Kraftwerk
>>
>>61997002
This. This song alone is proof that Kurt was on the upswing musically. Arrrrrgh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv96yJYhk3M
>>
>>61997457
it was obvious they were both on the verge of doing more interesting stuff (Kurt doing an acoustic album and maybe some more noise stuff, Jimi doing Jazz-Fusion)

both were displeased with the albums they had done
>>
>>61998179
also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoTnXFzmav0

>>61997683
Amnesiac though
>>
File: feelbreakfast.jpg (32KB, 558x480px) Image search: [Google]
feelbreakfast.jpg
32KB, 558x480px
>>61998212
>we will never get an official studio version of Do Re Mi

This is the worst feeling.
>>
>>61997683
>radiohead is emo faggot shit
Weak b8 but here's your reply anyways
>>
>>61997457
If solo artists count...

Bob Dylan
David Bowie
Tom Waits
Fuck it, literally all of the jazz greats.
>>
>>61997457
The Beatles
>>
>>61997457
Acid Mothers Temple
Califone
The Beatles
The Mothers of Invention
Boredoms
>>
>>61997457
Talking Heads
The Beatles
Neil Young
The Rolling Stones
The Beach Boys
David Bowie
Radiohead
Talk Talk

I know I've been baited but fuk
>>
>>61997457
The flaming lips
Ween
>>
>>61998506
This
>>
>>61996148
>>61996714
HEH nice meme
>>
>>61995932
>hendrix vocal performance/lyrics
incomprehensibly vapid. dude he literally bellowing random bullshit. theres no way anyone likes this. lol. they should just release jimi hendrex stuff without vocals i would possibly listen to it.
>cobain vocal performance/lyrics
bewilderingly dense. all his microphones died happy.
>>
>>61995932
Hendrix is pretty good, his fillers are obviously fillers (they shit). Great live shows, dad saw him live.

Nirvana are overrated, not even best album of 1991 or 1993, I put white stripes over them fuckheads
>>
>>61997457
You must be memeing, but I'm surprised that no one's said the only band you have to name
>Pink Floyd
>>
>>61995932
Hendrix without a doubt. Literally every major artist around during his time went to watch him play, he was a true pioneer.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.