[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He thinks Garage Rock is a genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>He thinks Garage Rock is a genre
>>
>>61990050
but it is a genre:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garage_rock
>>
>>61990050
Retard
>>
>>61990157
>a raw and energetic variety of rock and roll
Rock is raw and energetic to begin with. It's too broad, and almost every band can be described this way.
It's like saying word rap. Rap with lyrics that rhyme
>>
>>61990317
can't always go by what wikipedia says. i don't really have an opinion, but garage rock isn't characterized by energy, it's characterized by being homebrew and DIY
>>
>>61990317
maybe read a little further down the article:

Performances were often amateurish, naïve or intentionally raw, with typical themes revolving around the traumas of high school life and songs about "lying girls" being particularly common.[1][5] The lyrics and delivery were notably more aggressive than the more polished acts of the time, often with nasal, growled, or shouted vocals, sometimes punctuated by shrieks or screams at climactic moments of release.[1][5] Instrumentation was characterized by the use of electric guitars often distorted through a fuzzbox, teamed with bass and drums.[5][6][7][8] Organs such as the Farfisa were commonly used as well as mouth harmonicas or hand-held percussion such as tambourines.[5][8][9][10][11] Occasionally, the tempo would be sped up in certain, usually instrumental, passages sometimes referred to as a "raveups".[12][13]

And yes, if you want to get more specific you can break it down into subgenres (protopunk, psychedelic rock, surf rock, etc.). But don't fucking tell me that garage rock is not a classifiable aesthetic. Fuckers like you need to read up on your history.
>>
>>61990317
well garage rock is a 60's genre and back then not all rock was about breaking guitars and fucking ur mom
>>
>>61990559
I know, right? I'd like to see this idiot come back and try to prove how "raw" Buddy Holly was.
>>
>>61990050
There are 2 kinds of "Garage Rock"
One is a genre of music from the early 60s, the other is simply a name for a common occurrence, the creation of rock in a garage, or rather, rock created in a garage.
>>
>>61990525
Fuckers like you need to look around and realize that everybody fucking does this now-a-days. I understand using it as an umbrella term, but classifying a band as garage rock is like classifying a marshmallow as a marshmallow
>>61990624
He was the original punk you dip shit
>>
>>61990050
>he thinks genres are real
>>
>>61990668
You're wasting my time. Thanks for at least admitting garage rock can be used as an umbrella term. Good luck with that whole marshmallow classification thing
>>
>>61990752
It's my job I'm a marshmallow inspector, and I have work in 20 mins so thank you.
>>
>play house music in my garage
>play garage music in my house
>>
File: 1361073862697.png (119KB, 309x288px) Image search: [Google]
1361073862697.png
119KB, 309x288px
>>61990801
You're a mad man
>>
>>61990851
i wish i could make outsider house but im stuck in my home
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.