[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post albums with 10/10 closing songs >IT'S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 326f21d2 (1).jpg (142KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
326f21d2 (1).jpg
142KB, 658x658px
ITT: Post albums with 10/10 closing songs
>IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE
>>
fuck off montie
>>
My second AOTY behind blackstar

>>61979547
Fuck you
>>
>>61979649
Favourite tracks? The Fur And The Feathers, Outsiders and No Tomorrow for me. Pretty disappointing /mu/ hasn't picked up on this album yet, there's not many band reunions this good.
>>
>>61979689
I Don't Know How To Reach You
>>
>IM UP IN THE WOODS, IM DOWN ON MY MIND
>>
well that sucks it doesnt look like there's anywhere to preview this for free. I guess I'll have to listen to it at the record store.
>>
>>61980040
Spotify? Amazon MP3 page? The singles are on youtube?
>>
>>61980110
>Spotify?
I've been enjoying the web player I signed up for last week but apparently Suede but the ban hammer down on that one. Spotify is offering a free trial but I'm not downloading their shit.
>Amazon
the 30 second samples? gonna need way more
>singles are on youtube?
I want to preview the whole thing but its cool I'll just listen at the record store although thats gonna have to wait till friday
>>
>>61980040
They put out a pretty good sampler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5conz2AbJk
>>
>>61980192
*put the ban hammer
>>
File: cover.jpg (440KB, 1404x1404px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
440KB, 1404x1404px
>>
>>61980198
yeah I'd already checked out a few singles a couple weeks ago but didnt really get into them at all so thats why I was really hoping to preview the album proper, which I will but it'll just have to wait for the record store.
>>
So, are Suede really worth checking out or is this another meme? For simply a britpop band they have a strangely "serious" aura to them.
>>
>>61980192
you know, kid, this used to be the way it was for all music by default, yeah, that's right, you actually had to PAY to listen to the album... shocking I know
>>
saw them play the album in full at the roundhouse a few weeks ago, I admire them for ditching their roots and making a loose 'concept' album. It was a solid 7/10
>>
>>61980353
They started the movement but then just as quickly disowned it after the saw college kids like Damon Albarn basically doing working-class-blackface and turning it into a more nationalistic thing. They are to Britpop what the big creepy ruined mansion is to the suburbs in Edward Scissorhands. They're closer to a goth version of Diamond Dogs-era Bowie than Blur or Oasis.

They also have the best b-sides of any band from the 90s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swfaGGS-3Bg
>>
>>61980419
whats the concept?
>>
>>61980431
it's basically a soundtrack to some 'film' about some hitman who's middleage and drowning after his family life goes to shit
>>
Pulp > Suede > Elastica > Blur > Oasis
>>
>mfw they said on Radio 6 the other day they want to go more experimental on their next album and make something like Talk Talk's "Spirit Of Eden"
fuck yes
>>
Possibly the greatest of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-RFsuv-8Q
>>
>>61980444
Trips of truth
>>
>>61980431
They made a film to accompany the album. Also unified by very strong themes in every song, primarily Brett Anderson saying the primary emotion he feels now he's a father isn't joy or content like he was told he would, it's absolute terror he's going to fuck up and cause his kids to get killed somehow. Plus his relationship with his own father and some other existential stuff. Basically very dark and anxious and the sort of thing Suede does best. The name of the album says it all, really.
>>
>>61980444
true

>>61980456
excellent choice
>mfw even Eno says he has no idea what the lyrics are anymore
>>
File: brian eno.jpg (244KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
brian eno.jpg
244KB, 1920x1280px
>>61980456
>sounds like shoegaze
>it came out in '74

Is he a wizard?
>>
>>61980473
>They made a film to accompany the album.
ah interesting
>>
>>61980489
dude, he's the Grand Wizard of music, how can you not know, now Bowie's gone he's the top of the chain
>>
>>61980505
You can buy the CD+DVD together
It's pretty good, the whole thing's bleak as fuck though
>>
File: Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg (123KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
123KB, 450x450px
>>61980456
This
>>
>>61980517
ohhh getting more interesting. I'll have to look out for that.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.