[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I was looking for your ass What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: bowielazarus1.png (264KB, 728x489px) Image search: [Google]
bowielazarus1.png
264KB, 728x489px
>I was looking for your ass
What did he mean by this?
>>
He was looking for a cure.
>>
>>61929008
he wants your ass
>>
I took it to be a metaphor for his pursuit of wordly pleasures in the face of adversity, purely as a component of his downfall
>>
File: bowie2.png (50KB, 1810x248px) Image search: [Google]
bowie2.png
50KB, 1810x248px
>>
>>61929097
But he had lived in new york for a number of years
>>
>>61929115
Isn't it also a reference to his decadent years of meaningless sex and drugs? During the Diamond Dogs years
>>
File: MEME SCHOOL.png (161KB, 308x301px) Image search: [Google]
MEME SCHOOL.png
161KB, 308x301px
he was looking for you so he could drop you off at meme school, anon

why did you make him look for your ass?
>>
>>61929008
white women BTFO
>>
In the video that's the thin white duke singing that line.
I always thought it meant that Bowie never was truly himself when he was juggling personas and deep down he was searching for himself through his personas.
>>
>>61930469
Like this analysis, there's definitely something in him wearing that outfit
>>
>David will never sit with you before your first nervous gig, put his hand gently on your leg and say quietly, "it's ok, David's here...".
>>
>>61930469
i like that idea, that said i like bowie as well
>>
I feel like it's a reference to Ziggy Stardust:
"He was the naz
With God given ass"

Therefore it's about Bowie trying to find, and be, Ziggy again but not being able to do so.
Subsequently accepting his death;
"Oh I'll be free, ain't that just like me".
>>
>>61932459
Fuck. After all of this time, this type of theories still give me goosebumps
>>
>>61930469
>>61932459

i read an interesting theory before he died that thw lazarus video represented an alternate take on bowie - one locked away in a psychiatric ward, completely delusional and imagining these grand personas

even with the context of his passing, i still think it's an interesting take; we never really knew the real david bowie, simply the deliverance of his insanity, never able to be himself, because he HAD no sense of self
>>
He was afriad. Of death, of the occult.
He was writing, creating music for his life, before dying, showing that his alter egos actually were part of him. Artistic integrity, art was his life.
Fun, he made it, but it couldn't save him. Now he is in a locker, only visible to those who seek for him.
>>
>>61929008
he was... looking... for your... ass?
>>
>>61929008
He gave up on white women and now only settles for black beauties with fucking HUGE asses dude. So fuckin big bruh.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.