[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Predictions for LP9?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (99KB, 1080x867px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 1080x867px
Predictions for LP9?
>>
unpredictability
>>
Whiny falsetto and cool ass basslines
>>
it'll be ok
>>
more of the same pretentious boring crap
>>
>>61927019
kek
>>
A variation of the Amnesiac sound, same as...well, pretty much everything since Amnesiac. Not that I blame them, the whole accessible krautrock-tinged alt rock thing has been working out for them.
>>
Back to the roots like Pablo Honey
>>
Surprise acoustic album
>>
>>61927886
I'd buy it
>>
They should release an ambient album with some oohs and aahs from thommyboy. I'd listen to that shit
>>
>>61927003
With LP9 Radiohead will finally descend completely into uninteresting music with the only distinguishing feature being Thom Yorkes voice.
It will still get a good score from every major publication only being panned by Fantano.
Oh yeah and Plebs will love it
>>
>>61927037
>pretentious
opinion discarded.
>>
>>61928243

Considering some of the songs that have floated around since TKOL released I'm expecting at least an upswing from that album. Tracks like Identikit, Cut A Hole, and Ful Stop have struck me as a blend of In Rainbows' tight compositions and Amnesiac's dreariness. I'd expect it, but I can dig it as well.
>>
>>61928243
I bet you thought TKoL was "boring."

Truth is, it's in their top 3 albums
>>
The King of Limbs equivalent of what Amnesiac was to Kid A.
>>
Unintelligible lyrics and a false sense of profound meaning.
>>
>>61927003
fuck off montie you retard
>>
Hopefully nothing like Thom's solo crap.
>>
>>61928413
lolwut
>>
>>61928418
I'd be ok with this
>>
I feel it will be one of their best yet, dunno why
>>
>>61928413
He's right you know
>>
>>61927003
if it's anything similar to spectre i'm gonna fucking kill myself
>>
>>61929006
But Spectre was amazing, anon
>>
More guitar stuff, with the bloops, such as Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows

>>61929006
For some reason I doubt it will be. Also that's a good song, you homo.
>>
>>61929067
>>61929066
i'm not saying it was bad, it's kinda good. i don't want a "kinda good" album tho
>>
>>61927003
Thom replaces the whole band with Burial.
>>
>>61928418
this actually sounds amazing
>>
>>61928418
please be this oh god please be this
>>
>>61929006

Spectre was basically a Pyramid Song reskin. You got something against Pyramid Song?
>>
>>61927003
it will be more boring minimal electronic bullshit, like everything Thom has done since TKOL
>>
>>61929192
>>61929239

Amnesiac is basically Kid A but a bit bleaker and rock-oriented. Sure, it's the album where Radiohead really found "their" sound but at the end of the day doing that for TKoL won't be that much of a revolution. That said, the new post-TKoL songs do generally sound like a darker In Rainbows so maybe it won't be too far off base in that regard.
>>
Either synthesised farts overlaid with throat singing and torture wails. Or they go back to their roots and wrote something amazing in a similar style to pablo honey/the bends/OK computer
>>
>>61929294
Ed and Jonny are kind of an anchor of the sound, and balance out Thom's bleepibloopiness, so I really really doubt it'll be anything like Thom's solo work.
>>
File: 1427517152002s.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1427517152002s.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>61929411
>amazing
>pablo honey
>the bends
(ok computer is arguably not amazing either)
>>
>>61929294
No, they said on interviews that it will have orchestral arrangements
>>
File: thom bjorke.jpg (37KB, 427x604px) Image search: [Google]
thom bjorke.jpg
37KB, 427x604px
>>61929411

>Thom
>throat singing

Eh, Bjork did it so I'm surprised he hasn't yet.
>>
>>61929476

It's what I grew up listening to and I'll always find them better albums than the ones after them. There's only a handful of tracks I like from the Kid A onwards.
>>
>>61929553

And majority of bjorks stuff sounds like torture wails mixed with whale song as well
>>
>>61929573

>tfw my first RH album was TKOL

I didn't listen to Radiohead until I was almost 20.
>>
>>61929476
The Bends and OKC are great records from top to bottom.
>>
predicting 8.4
>>
>>61929634
9.2 BNM screencap this
>>
>>61929599

Seems like electronic music just isn't your thing. I mean, Bjork prior to Medulla isn't particularly crazy. Same with all of Radiohead in all honesty; they never really stopped being a rock band if you actually look at the direction of their music. Kid A still incorporates rock instrumentation and structure half the time, and the stuff after it is even more rock-oriented.
>>
>>61929611

I was 16 and my sister lent me the bends, and that was back in 1996. Got OK computer as soon as it came out and listened to it to death, then got myself a copy of Pablo honey
>>
>>61929687

Actually I like a lot of electronic music, just never been a fan of bjorks voice and I've always preferred the cleaner rocky stuff from radiohead. I do like some of the stuff after OK computer, and Everything in its right place is one of my favourite tracks, but the older albums are still better in my opinion
>>
>>61929573
oh, bad luck i guess. but srsly they are not going back
>>61929599
are you talking shit about my momfu
>>61929611
me too! i can't be objective with that album, it has an special place in my heart
>>61929620
yeah ok computer it's really good and everything.
i don't know about the bends tho, my iron lung kills it for me, fucking hate that song and at least for me few songs stand for me
>>
>>61929692

>listening to PH after OKC

I'm impressed that worked out for you. I went in chronological order after TKOL so IR is actually the last RH album I heard. I don't think PH is that bad but they got much better so quickly in their discography that it kinda gets left in the dust once you hear The Bends' guitar textures, let alone OKC's everything and beyond.
>>
>>61929718

Huh, so I'm assuming stuff like I Might Be Wrong, There There, and Bodysnatchers still kinda works for you? HTTT's singles in particular remind me of their first 2 albums a lot.
>>
>>61929728
I like My Iron Lung, the B-sides from that era that made it on to the dlx edition are some of the best their ever did. Permanent Daylight is an accurate Sonic Youth send-up, The Trickster is very catchy, and we all know Talk Show Host.
>>
>>61929728

>My Iron Lung

That song is much better when you realize how cynical it is. There's a reason it almost sounds like Creep 2.
>>
>>61929802

Exactly, that's my thoughts on the track. The only track on the bends thayvim happy to skip is High and dry. One of my personal faves (and my wife's after I got her into the album) is bulletproof, just love the guitar on the chorus, absolutely beautiful and haunting
>>
>>61929802
lol, that's one of the main reasons i don't like it. a purposely shitty song where they whine about having a hit song it's not what i'm looking for in a song
>>
>>61929947

More like they didn't want to be typeset as "that band that wrote Creep" and the record label probably wanted another Creep, so they approached it by meeting the whole thing halfway.
>>
>>61930017
howerver this is not the right approach to write good music. if the material doesn't stand for itself, there is no reason in releasing it.
>>
>>61930017
"if they want another creep then we will show them!" ugh it's like that episode of iCarly
also this>>61930149
>>
>>61930149

True, but tell that to the record label supporting you and see if you don't get dropped. That said, it's all under the assumption that My Iron Lung is bad and I think it's an alright enough song. Not a favorite but it's not trash either; I like it more than some songs on OKC.
>>
in rainbows > kid a
>>
>>61930610
this is a valid opinion
>>
>>61927003
Who is this trip, i haven't seen the likes of him befoire
>>
drone album
>>
>>61927003
hopefully an orchestra conducted by greenwood with some sick Radiohead bleep bloops. Considering how much time they've spent on it so far I think it will be a bigger album than TKOL was.
>>
More interpretive dancing
>>
Give Jon Jon his guitar back tom
>>
I'm guessing they are going to pull out something that sounds like TKOL and IR combined, with the electronic cut up bits of TKOL and the warmth and poppiness of IR. Strings everywhere.

However, it would be sikk if they removed all electronic instruments and went completely acoustic with the addition of an orchestra and maybe other world music instruments, and then made it all bleep bloopy by looping and messing with sounds using a laptop
>>
>>61931863
Jonny did stuff with eastern musicians so world influence sounds possible. Imagine that, some Jazz Eastern World Classical fusion Radiohead.
>>
>>61931863
Not that I don't enjoy their electronic stuff, but I kinda hope Thom has gotten it out of his system a little. The tracks marked as likely to appear on their new LP would be great with arrangements like on IR
>>
Kid A with strings
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.