[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

once in a life time band btw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: music_mini_death_grips.jpg (431KB, 1772x1149px) Image search: [Google]
music_mini_death_grips.jpg
431KB, 1772x1149px
once in a life time band btw
>>
>>61898120

probably yeah. Stooges of our generation
>>
>>61898153
I thought of them as Devo of our generation, but Stooges is an even better comparison
>>
You may ask yourself
>>
what is their genre going to be called when it gets recognized?
>>
>>61898266
hip hop
>>
File: radiohead.jpg (69KB, 1080x867px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
69KB, 1080x867px
these guys too

>>61898266
if more people get inspired and start to make similar music it would probably be call Accelerated. If they dont then probably just expirimental hip hop like it should be
>>
File: i'm getting a boner.jpg (16KB, 296x312px) Image search: [Google]
i'm getting a boner.jpg
16KB, 296x312px
>tfw you were alive the say time as death grips
>>
>>61898293
great feel
>>
>>61898259
LETTING THE DAYS GO BY
>>
>>61898266
>>61898282
>>61898284
it's fucking industrial hip-hop, the genre is at least 20 years old. Is this your first day on /mu/ ?
>>
>>61898322
There is water...
>>
>>61898336
>industrial hip hop
the only album thats closer to industrial hip hop is TMS but shit like ex-mil and tptb is defiantly not industrial hip hop

is this your first day on /mu/ or are you actually just fucking stupid?
>>
>>61898372
>the only album thats closer to industrial hip hop is TMS
> shit like ex-mil and tptb is defiantly (sic) not industrial hip hop

Do you, like, know anything at all ?
>>
>>61898400
are you autistic
>>
>>61898120
(best member not picture)
>>
File: guy.jpg (5KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
5KB, 182x277px
>>61898442
who will play him in the eventual biopic?
>>
>>61898372
gov't plates is pure industrial m8
>>
rage against the machine for millennials
>>
>>61898266
leet toons for XBL and browsing teh deep web on 4chan xp
>>
>>61898472
Tobey Maguire
>>
>>61898504
It's full circle. Post-rap.
>>
>>61898266

industrial hip hop, noise rap, idk, who cares. It's trash.

It's not going to be as influential or deeply resonant as the stooges, it doesn't have any widespread appeal. It lacks listenability.

DG is ultimately another interesting little cultural flash of the pan. In 25 years most of you will have forgotten that DG existed. A fad group that you and a bunch of strangers shared decades ago on a website.

When they look back on hip hop history they'll likely credit the rise in popularity of "experimental" sounds in hip hop to Kanye or some nonsense. DG will be lucky to be included in that breath.
>>
>>61898472
Mads mikkelsen should play the Epic CEO antagonist
>>
>>61898608
their scale of influence is a lot wider than i think you realize
>>
pop metal
>>
>>61898567

This would be fucking hilarious this pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>61898608

Stooges got pretty much no mainstream recognition until 20 years into their carreer though, who knows what will happen
>>
>>61898645
i know right they've influenced me to get to sick rounds on CoD zombies and not clean my room for weeks
>>
>>61898472
Deniro should play his father
>>
>>61898241
i think of them as the bad brains of our gen
>>
>>61898698
constructive
>>
>>61898120
I actually thought about this recently, how their music will be perceived in 20 to 50 years time by the next generation who are interested in the development of experimental hip hop like one would be into experimental rock of the 70s today. Really you can listen to the music but Death Grips was (or is?) more, they played with social media, their fans, marketing, music videos etc. It may sound pretentious but listening to Jenny Death in a few years will just be another album, when it was a year of anticipation and hype in reality (and it's mediocre).
>>
>>61898645
I think you suffer from cognitive bias. They only seem big when you're in the know. To everyone else, i.e. normal people, they are unknown. Believe it or not, the average person doesn't know who Frank Zappa is either. Regardless of his effects on rock music and experimentation therein, he is, for the most part, overshadowed by more mainstream acts. Just like DG are today.
>>
Death Grips will be looked at like TVU or Pavement or something, not mainstream popular but regarded as influential and kind of a cult band to ex hip kids who's sound has been co-opted and dumbed down for the mainstream by that point.
>>
>>61898608
>It's trash
>It lacks listenability
this meme will literally never take off among actual unironic fans of music
>>
>>61898878
It's true that this is from my relatively small scale of knowledge, but people like Tyler have tweeted about them, Kanye has mentioned them, and normies read p4k and sites that mention them all the time. I live in Atlanta and most people I speak to have at least heard of them.
>>
>>61898813
this isn't true in my case

my brother goes to highschool and he was telling me how most kids there listen to like 1-3 death grips songs and the band is pretty much known by everybody
>>
>>61898878
Death Grips really aren't that unknown tho. While its true Chad McPrep or some basic white girl probably won't know them, they have a pretty huge college/high school fanbase. Tickets to their show where I live sold out in like a week and I've seen people walk around in Death Classic shirts multiple times. They've been referenced in popular media and by other famous musicians. Go on Tumblr and look how many Death Grips posts there are. Tumblr is filled with normies, just a slightly different breed (i.e. the "artsy" "hipster" kind, girls with daddy fetishes who draw their brows and wear chokers, etc.)
>>
File: BpGNjEgIMAAGGUc.jpg_large.jpg (93KB, 1024x580px) Image search: [Google]
BpGNjEgIMAAGGUc.jpg_large.jpg
93KB, 1024x580px
>>61898472
post your favorite pics of andy
>>
File: 1453237827316.jpg (48KB, 792x541px) Image search: [Google]
1453237827316.jpg
48KB, 792x541px
>>61898975
>>
>>61898372
All of their albums are industrial hip hop senpai, though Jenny Death does incorporate more hardcore/metal influences.

But Exmilitary is straight industrial hip hop, you're tripping there.
>>
>>61898878
>he thinks Death Grips is STILL unknown
protip: most people have an internet connection
virtually all young people use at least one of these: twitter, fb, tumblr, reddit, 4chan, instagram
Death Grips memes are very popular on all those sites
Music is fairly accessible, people hear about them and look into them, some are bound to like them.

It doesn't matter if some middle aged hillary supporter fucktard doesn't know who DG are, we're talking about the current generation and how they'll remember them.
>>
>>61898645

I'm sure they've inspired a lot of young musicians to take a crack at emulating their sound, or to look more into industrial/experimental music. But don't go breaking a wrist here.

Ultimately we'll have to wait to see DG in context. Only time can tell whether or not they were some prototypical revelation or just another hip hop group.

>>61898909
bingo bango.

>>61898949
Yeah but you live in Atlanta, hip hop is part of the fabric of the city. It makes sense people would be onto it there.

>>61898974
>he STILL thinks young people these days attempt to understand anything they post

Just because some 15 year old sort of knows 3 songs by DG does not necessarily make them "known"
>>
>>61899190
Atlanta music scene is not experimental at all. That was my point. People outside the underground loop still know about it, and that's how you can make the distinction that it's less cognitive bias.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>61898975
>>
>>61899287

All I'm saying is that Atlanta has a huge hip hop scene, it makes sense that there would be more widespread knowledge of DG where people have a proclivity for hip hop.

It's like me saying that The Tragically Hip are hugely popular and widespread because everyone I talk to knows about them where I live. Local perspective means nothing.
>>
>>61898686
A lot of influential bands didnt get instant recgnition in their times, this should be a well known fact.
>>
>>61898120
are they really punk rock like a little bit?
>>
>>61899813
They're about as punk rock as pirating Rick and Morty episodes or griefing in Minecraft.
>>
>>61898608
>it doesn't have any widespread appeal. It lacks listenability.
Ok gramps. I'm sure nobody ever said that about The Stooges back in the 60s. Do you honestly believe the stuff you're typing out? DG are perfectly listenable. Some of their stuff is extremely easy to get into.
>>
>>61899813
They are to Hip-Hop what Black Flag was to Rock music.
>>
I hope Stefan never does anything after DG. i would be very jealous of that legacy if he does
>>
>>61899533
hi andy
>>
>>61899771
Literally retarded. God damn.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.