[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Heroin their best song?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

File: MI0000832128[1].jpg (15KB, 400x346px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000832128[1].jpg
15KB, 400x346px
Is Heroin their best song?
>>
>>61886231
yes, it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written
>>
>>61886231
It's second behind Venus in Furs.
>>
Perhaps
>>
in the album, yes

their best, however, is Lady Godiva's Operation
>>
What's the worst song from this album?
>>
>>61886296
Femme Fatale
>>
>>61886296
All tomorrows parties.
>>
>>61886368
Run, Run, Run
>>
>>61886680
But that's the best one
>>
The first time hearing it literally feels like taking a drug 2bh.
>>
File: 1422716685654.png (131KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422716685654.png
131KB, 500x500px
FUCKING LOU REED WHY COULDN'T YOU SAY A OR THE BEFORE SAYING BIG DECISION???!?! IT TRIGGERS ME SO MUCH
>>
>people used to come up to Lou and tell them they shot up to the song "heroin"
>he was apparently very distressed by this

lmao :(
>>
>>61886231
Sister Ray is their best song t b h f a m
>>
>>61886231
yes
>>
TVU Rankings

1. Sister Ray
2. Heroin
3. Venus in Furs
4. Lady Godiva's Operation
5. European Son
>>
>>61886918

I would be too, if I were him. If anything, the song seems like a warning to others to not do heroin
>>
>Heroin, it's my life
>and it's my wife (haha!)
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>61887252

Just my guess:

One of the side effects (or so I have read) of opiate addiction is lowered sex drive and functioning. I have talked to former junkies who describe heroin as being better than your best orgasm times 1000. Basically, the desire for heroin has replaced his desire for sex and romance. He has become so obsessed that he values the drug more than any living person who he could be romantic with. Further evidence of this is when he says "All you girls and your pretty talk, well you can all go take a walk"

Quite sad, really. It has consumed him to the point where he no longer feels love for anyone or anything except for the drug. Scary stuff.
>>
I really love the original Stephanie Says. Every variation Lou made on it was worse

>>61886680
I never get why this gets singled out as the worst song so often. Its my second favorite
>>
>>61886830
>2bh
Stop bypassing the filters.

Good song tho
>>
>>61886247
Why does this song get so much praise? Am I a pleb for not liking? I always thought it sounded kind of dull.
>>
>SWEETLY

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>61886886
Same
>>
Sister Ray > Heroin > all from white light > all from tvu > the rest
>>
>>61887315
>. I have talked to former junkies who describe heroin as being better than your best orgasm times 1000
bullshit you got that from Trainspotting
>>
>>61887475
Most relatable opinion I've ever seen about TVU
>>
>>61887483

never seen it. they probably got it from whatever it's from, tho
>>
>SUUUUUUNNNDAY MORNING
what did he mean by this
>>
>>61887544

Presumably, he is referring to the A.M. hours on the first day of the week

I always interpreted it as being about staying up late Saturday night into Sunday morning on a drug binge, but that's just me
>>
>>61886231
>implying sister ray isn't the goat
>>
>>61886231
>>61886924
>>61887131
>>61887475
>>61887595
Literally walking clichés
Both of these songs are overrated pleb shit
>>
>>61887580
I always thought it was about eating big sunday breakfasts and looking back on how your week went while you dodge calls from your annoying faggot friends.
>>
>>61887535
oh well you should it's a great movie

they play a lot of iggy pop in the movie, great soundtrack 5/5 would definitely recommend. As a matter of fact it's on Netflix I saw it again the other day I suggest you take a 4chan break and go see it
>>
>>61887665
'no'
>>
>>61886231
>Is Heroin their best song?
nigga heroin is not even the best song on the album its on
>>
Actual top 5:
1. Venus in Furs
2. Sunday Morning
3. Lady Godiva's Operation
4. The Murder Mystery
5. Here She Comes Now
>>
>>61887674
Kekd
>>
>>61887238
it really isn't a warning but an attempt to objectively capture the experience itself in musical form.
>>
>>61886231

yes, it is representative of the waste product that hipsters are .

smart aleck like they know better but are just junkie opiate trash fiends
>>
>>61886680
Second best song after heroin. You're trippin
>>61886767
This is the correct answer
>>
>>61887724

I'll check it out. Sounds p neat
>>
>>61887483
I've injected heroin. It feels pretty fucking amazing, you feel all warm and cozy and all your bad feelings and memories become good feelings and memories. I r8 8/8 would do again (but seriously you should never do it if you don't want to risk sucking dick for drug money to get rid of the most painful withdrawls ever)
>>
>>61889151
that's what they said about liquor, cocaine, and cigarettes. I've had em all and can't say I am addicted to them, not even cravings, although I have friends who are addicted to that stuff.

But for some reason I just can't stop smoking the ganja
>>
>>61889192
Heroin is different though. I was smart enough to not get too sucked into it. I only do it once in a blue moon. I've just seen to many friends get fucked up and start stealing from people for money and shit like that. If you do it even a few days in a row you're really putting yourself in a whole because those withdrawals are not going to be fun and you fall into the trap and keep doing it to keep from getting dope sick
>>
>>61887404
It's one of their best.
>>
>>61886368
This
>>
File: CYCLE.jpg (96KB, 973x632px) Image search: [Google]
CYCLE.jpg
96KB, 973x632px
>>61889315
>>
>>61889151
xanax or other benzos have worse withdrawals then h tho
>>
This thread is full of clons
>>
>>61886253
This is the best answer in the thread.

>>61886767
>>61886680
Absolutely not. It simply would not do justice to the band.
>>
>>61889464
Those are pretty awful too. Plus those withdrawals can give you seizures too
>>
>>61889151
what have you been through in your life that's so bad you feel it's okay to inject heroin
>>
>>61889460
I know you won't believe me but Im not a "dope fiend" I used to be a poly drug abuser and addicted to escape. But I got over that mostly because Im in a better place spiritually. It has been over a year since I've done it and I don't really feel pulled towards it. If someone handed me a loaded up needle though I would do it
>>
Kind of on-topic. I've had a cold for the past few weeks but I think it's wearing off now.

Should I take 10mg of benzocaine and finish it off with 150mg of DXM?
>>
>>61889738
why
>>
>>61889574
Some fucked up shit. Been homeless. That's what started it. There's no escape from drugs when you're on the street. Im not anymore though so I don't really do it anymore but Im not going to pretend it doesn't feel good. You just gotta keep your shit together and be aware of the dangers. Why do you care what other people choose to do with their life?
>>
Why does 4chan of all places care what I do with my body, I'm not going to stop shooting
>>
>sister ray is favourite song of all time
>tfw people think you're a memer or a scruffy dick rider
>>
>>61889751
>There's no escape from drugs when you're on the street

rofl you're dead-wrong

if you're just going to sit here and rationalize then you clearly haven't learned anything "spiritually" and you may as well go back to slamming.

>Why do you care what other people choose to do with their life?

what people decide to do is their business and i respect that, but i like listening to stories from drug addicts, recovering or otherwise.
>>
>>61889842
Have you lived on the street?
>>
>>61889885
no but i have a few friends who are homeless in brooklyn and they're not junkies. just because you're homeless doesn't mean your decision-making skills get destroyed in the process.
>>
>>61886231
yes since it is the best song ever recorded
>>
>>61889842
You're kind of a judgemental prick you know that? Obviously if you're strong willed (which I eventually became) you can avoid them, but when everyone around you is offering you free drugs that will take all your pain away when your life is shit it's hard to say no. That's all I was saying.
>>
>nobody itt. has mentioned speedballing

get on my level. its better than either dope or coke by itself
>>
>>61890051
pussy regardless tbf

>>61891398
enjoy frying your reward system
>>
>>61889756
(drugs are bad)
>>
>>61891452
Whatever you're a faggot who gives a shit about what someone you'll never meet did a few years ago. No one was hurt as a product of my drug use
>>
>>61891398
I accidentally did a heroin shot that had a little bit of meth in it. It was too intense for my liking. I like to float away and nod off not be zapped by an insane rush
>>
>>61891891
>accidentally
go on...

and yeah I enjoy the added rush but for me the best part is cancelling out the nod. enjoy a strong heroin high without falling out, being fully awake and aware to experience it. coke sucks because you have to keep redosing, though
>>
>>61892035
My dealer put the heroin on a scale that he weighed other drugs. The black tar heroin is sticky and the meth stuck to it. He prepared the shot for me so I didn't notice until after when I looked at the scale and saw the white powder. I knew something was different right when I did the shot though. My breathing and heart rate went through the roof
>>
>>61891821
>No one was hurt

LOL

do you have no family or what because now I know for sure you were lying about being this spiritually inclined person
what a fucking faggot, do me a favor and swallow a bag of fentanyl-laced dope, thanks.
>>
>>61892313
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>61892232
>tar

nastttyy
>>
>>61892364
assuming you have a mother I promise you she was crying every single night unless you managed to hide a heroin addiction from her, and given your stupidity you're terribly trying to project onto me, I highly doubt that's the case.
>>
>>61892382
It's all we get on the west coast, at least that I know where to get it
>>
>>61892416
You don't know me, my mom, or my life. You're the one projecting. Life isn't some overdramatic cliche lifetime movie. You fucking idiot
>>
Sister Ray is better overall but if you put a lot of emphasis on lyrics then I think Heroin might be the best
>>
>>61886296
European Son, obviously.
>>
>>61892517
of course it isn't but if you really think nobody was hurt, especially your family, because of your drug addiction then you're a piece of shit, please stop sharing this planet with me.
>>
>>61892614
fucking pleb
>>
>>61892636
I never got addicted. Hurr durr if you do heroin even once you get addicted!! I never lied, cheated, or stole to get money for it. I was never around my family when I was doing it
>>
>>61892636
stop already, jesus christ
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.