[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished listening to this and Low, loved both of them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
Just finished listening to this and Low, loved both of them. Where do I go from here? I've only listened to Ziggy Stardust and Blackstar out of the others.
>>
the least you could do is cap off the trilogy. listen to Lodger m8.

i recommend station to station tho.
>>
>>61877225
You'll probably like Scary Monsters. Super catchy all the way through.
>>
The Man Who Sold the World
>>
Listen to Lodger. There's a couple meh tracks there, but also some great ones. Then listen to Station to Station, which was sort of a precursor to the Berlin trilogy. After that, either listen to Hunky Dory (pre-Ziggy, a bit folkier), Aladdin Sane (same era as Ziggy, same glam rock style) or Scary Monsters (The first album after the Berlin trilogy, his only 80s release worth a damn)
>>
>>61877419
>implying Let's Dance isn't worth a damn
>>
Fucking bowiefags need to die
>>
>>61877297
>>61877419
desu i've always thought lodger was deservedly "underrated"

>>61877355
imo, based off your liking of those two, op, i think you'd like scary monsters; probably station too

if you thought ziggy was meh, you may or may not like aladin sane

give hunky dory a chance soon though- it's a lot of peoples favorite also
>>
>>61877225

Go back and listen to Station To Station and Scary Monsters.

Then listen to Hunky Dory through Young Americans.
>>
>>61877225
Lodger is the obvious next step after Low and Heroes, and Station to Station is a great rec also. Definitely seconding Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory if you loved Ziggy, but I'd also like to mention 'Bowie at the Beeb', a compilation of his BBC sessions from his early years. Kind of a big, mixed bag, but there's some surprisingly great stuff in there.
>>
>>61877461
>bowiefags

i feel conflicted about the upsurge in interest in him-

on one hand his music is very close to me and i'm glad other people might feel the same way about it- but then again it brings out people hating him just because he appears trendy/popular etc....
>>
>>61877225
>Where do I go from here?
You finish the trilogy and listen to Lodger
>>
File: qm2fahE.gif (1MB, 213x210px) Image search: [Google]
qm2fahE.gif
1MB, 213x210px
>>61877369

>went into BN to get that album
>someone bought every single Bowie album, including the Best of
>>
>>61877225
listen to ALL OF THEM you FAGGOT

even the shitty ones
>>
YOUNG AMERICANS

Fantastic blue eyed soul album with some of the best detroit musicians in the backing band, people dismiss it cause it's commerical but I suggest everyone ITT give it a try cause it's such a smooth, perfect album
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.