[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this the best gangsta rap album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: the-infamous-mobb-deep_0.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the-infamous-mobb-deep_0.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
is this the best gangsta rap album?
>>
far, far, faaar from it
>>
>>61873599
yes, it is.

>>61873756
how is it not?
>>
>>61873924

because dozens of better gangsta rap albums exist

there is literally nothing special about The Infamous. like, at all.
>>
>>61873989
theres nothin special about you
>>
>>61873989
it best describes the grimy state of "NY gangsta life", in my humble opinion.
>>
>>61873989
there are tons of things that are special about the infamous. just because it isn't "special" doesn't mean it can't be the best.

the infamous is the essence of gangsta rap.
>>
>>61874038
this, exactly. just because it doesn't explore out of it's own genre doesn't mean it can't be the most refined product of NY at the time.

other albums like illmatic and ready to die and enter the 36 chambers are still great gangsta rap classics, but they are nowhere near as consistent as this album.
>>
File: Nigga shoes lavender.jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga shoes lavender.jpg
37KB, 300x300px
>>61873599
Okay, well if you want the best "gangsta" album then nothing gets grittier or more cerebral than the no-holds-barred confessions of the real (both in reality and threat level) mastermind, Rick Ross, on his instant-classsic: Mastermind. See, the problem with most "gangsta" rap is there's too much lies and bullshit clouding up the game, too many phonies or wannabes that water down the game and give us tacky cash-grabs aimed at white suburban moms who want to have a little, safe, thrill from listening to dangerous negro music, like "classics" such as Illmatic, the Chronic, or even the largely and grossly falsified "Straight Outta Compton". See, where the other pseudo-gangsters fail is where Don Rozay truly, and even with the grit he brings a little glamour, shines. Don't just take my word for it, give the album a listen and don't be a busta!
>>
>>61874364
10/10
>>
>>61873989
I'm gunna guess and say that you're not a massive fan of hip-hop music. Because that's the only way you could not find something special in it. Temperature's Rising, Up North Trip, Cradle to the Grave and Shook Ones are incredible hip-hop songs.
>>
it's the greatest fluke of all time. this album drags me back every other week. this is what happens when raw talent and timing come together. all they had was raw talent though, they never did anything else half as good. the bangers are the biggest bangers i know of.
>>
>>61874477
I'm not who you're replying to, but Cradle to the Grave is in my top 5 hip-hop songs of all time.

To me, it's about the story telling. It's so grimy and gritty that it just gives you a feel for the entire atmosphere of NY at the time. It's such a raw song, it just sounds real. Very few songs in hip-hop have ever been able to convey that same level of feeling, for me.
>>
>>61874623
The way the skit before leads into it as amazing too, the production on this album is seriously good. The way Prodigy and Havoc share verses is incredible, easily one of the best hip hop songs ever. I feel like Prodigy is a much stronger rapper and lyricist throughout this album (which is fair enough as Havoc is already fantastic producer) but Havoc really holds his own on this one.
>>
File: Straight-Outta-Compton-album.jpg (797KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Straight-Outta-Compton-album.jpg
797KB, 2000x2000px
>>61873599
>>
I prefer both illmatic and liquid swords more but I suppose they are all pretty generic choices.
>>
File: Hell_on_earth_(mobb_deep_album).jpg (45KB, 352x348px) Image search: [Google]
Hell_on_earth_(mobb_deep_album).jpg
45KB, 352x348px
Not even the best Mobb Deep album.

Title track on here goes so fucking hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx4-8zxRj3U
>>
>>61876334
Those are both popular for a reason, but neither are really 'gangsta rap' so to say.

>>61876460
Beats are better on The Infamous in my opinion. Still dark as hell
>>
>>61873599
>Is this the best [meritless shit]?
Idk, does it really matter one way or another?
>>
File: 1452715711428.jpg (66KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452715711428.jpg
66KB, 300x288px
>>61876334
>When someone the exact sane albums you were gonna post
>>
>>61873599
Big L is a better gangster album
>>
File: front.jpg (78KB, 599x591px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
78KB, 599x591px
>>
File: bad_motherfucker.jpg (41KB, 256x200px) Image search: [Google]
bad_motherfucker.jpg
41KB, 256x200px
YES IT IS, fuck all dem mobb deep haters suk a dik
>>
Nothing comes close to Havoc's dark,atmospheric and gritty beats neither to Prodigy's poetical approach.
The best Gangsta Rap has to offer and an undeniable classic of hip hop.
>>
Nah son
>>
>>61873599
yoooo you on some real shit
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.