[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright, so i want to stop using a computer while making music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: akai-mpc500-angled-800[1].jpg (39KB, 800x418px) Image search: [Google]
akai-mpc500-angled-800[1].jpg
39KB, 800x418px
alright, so i want to stop using a computer while making music and im looking for a sampler with pads, i would love something like an mpc/sp404 but cheaper, is there a huge difference between the 1000 and the 500 except of the smaller screen?
also what are some alternatives to it?
>>
samplers are a meme, don't give in
>>
i actually just bought an mpd26 off of ebay. its basically the cheap version of an mpc but you still need a computer.
>>
No, just no
>>
>>61836831
Why not?
>>61836830
i could get an mpd32 for 120 euro but i dont want anything that requres a computer
>>
>>61836787
of course they are. everything is a meme you know
>>
>>61836787
>>61837330
MPC: Meme Production Center

Ever wonder why people always make hip hop on them?
>>
>>61836862
>i dont want anything that requres a computer

Anon I used to think like you until I realized that going either way (full gear or full DAW) is not the best idea

You see, I like going no computer when I want to "jam" or throw together a basic idea. But the issue comes when you want to move past that. Unless you're loaded and have a lot of expensive gear that will sync all your toys (ie a cirklon), you'll find that going no computer can be more frustrating than what it looks. And for all its worth, things like samplers tend to be more oriented towards live performance anyway. Unless you're going to be spending a lot of money on a cool toy like a Octatrack, you'll find how limited most of them are

Having said that, the "muh limitations=creativity" is another discussion for another time, but I'm telling you my personal experience. I went from 100% VST to 100% gear to 75% gear/25% DAW
>>
>>61837557
i didnt say that in the op but its going to be used for live playing/jaming I'm still going to do all the sound design and composing on my daw.
It'd be a suicide to start composing and doing sound design without my precious reaktor f a m
>>
>>61837588
oh ok

if I were you I'd save up and get an OP-1. If you're going to go off DAW I'd try and make it fun
>>
>>61837557
>Unless you're loaded and have a lot of expensive gear that will sync all your toys (ie a cirklon)
you could sync a ton of stuff with an mpc and a midi splitter
>>
>>61837812
I know that, but it is really hard to do DAW-grade sequencing without really expensive toys. You can sync yes, but unless what you're producing doesn't require anything other than basic sync/sequencing, you'll have problems
>>
>>61836287

what u want is a native instruments maschine mikro. so easy to fit into your workflow but will have u lookin at a screen far less. would also be good for live stuff.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.