[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In specific terms of popular music, why does the Midwest of USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (558KB, 1000x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
558KB, 1000x1442px
In specific terms of popular music, why does the Midwest of USA tend to be depressed/whiny/emo while the Nordic countries are batshit insane and hardcore?
>>
>>61833577
There's a lot of navel gazing mopey music out of that part of the world as well.
>>
the effects of cold temperatures.

The nords just aren't pussies
>>
>>61833593
examples pls?
>>
You're ignoring all the shitty eurotrash pop
>>
>>61833593

>in specific terms of popular music
Please read the OP before you post
>>
>>61833596
>The nords just aren't pussies

What? When it comes to Europe Nordic countries are the very definition of pussified societies.
>>
scandanavias got all kinds of shit and per capita probably the best output last year of any other region

and I'm pretty sure midwest emo is dead as fuck but its just a later part of a long chain to answer your question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzuIjnDJyY

as for a more direct connection between style and emotion I've been keeping my eye on florida. It seems to either be super positive party or even religious music or super negative satanic shit
>>
>>61833577
Yeah man björk and MO are sooooo hardcore.
>>
As a Finn, there's some pretty depressing and whiny music here too, link related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DX6c2GUl8g
This album was critically praised and many consider it to be the best Finnish album of 2015, and it's a rap album about a break up. And it's fucking great one, highly recommended.

People just think of Nordic countries as places where everybody listens to metal, and while metal is pretty popular here, it's mostly bad buttmetal like everywhere else. Of course there's quality stuff too but with this amount of releases there just has to be a few good ones too.
Also damn i would love to have a good emo/screamo scene, there's literally like 5 bands in Finland.
>>
File: aske.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
aske.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
They'll never be this trve black metal again...
>>
File: 1452233433553.jpg (21KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1452233433553.jpg
21KB, 370x370px
>>61833701
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQn7SxPeTs

H Y P E
Y
P
E

All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend
Released: 11 March 2016
Label: Decca, Glassnote
Extended plays[edit]
Running with the Wolves
Released: 3 May 2015
>>
>>61833701
and what style was the last mayhem album?
>>
>>61833653
that's actually really interesting. Will check out link + album thanks
>>
Why is Ohio considered the midwest, its like 200 miles from the Atlantic ocean.....
>>
>>61834081
its in relation to the original 13 colonies
>>
>>61833577
>I am an American and think all Nordic music is black metal
>I have never even heard of Kent
>>
>>61833577
>europop is batshit insane and hardcore
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.