[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Will we ever experience a period of creativity...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 634x434) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 634x434
Will we ever experience a period of creativity in pop music and strong counterculture like the mid to late 60's ever again?
>>
>>61815141
Electronic music in the 90s
>>
Brian Wilson wasnt part of that.
>>
No because pop music is obsolete in terms of making creative or artistic breakthroughs.
>>
Don't worry OP I'll be dropping my debut album early next year
>>
Yes.
>>
>>61815716
he was ahead of it. i like how they were considered squares, yet they were making more progressive music than the hippies
>>
>>61816131
who's they
>>
>>61815141
>and strong counterculture

I feel like any western counterculture at this point would be something that swings to conservative values and a non-YOLO mindset. Music that emphasizes monogamy, non-impulsive decisions, getting an education etc.
>>
>>61815658
lol ok bud
>>
Look. Any time period no matter what is glorified for one thing or another. There was a ton of creativity and innovation in art at that time, but really most people were probably doing normie stuff and the greatest artists were far and in between. I think this is very much the same now, maybe there isn't even so much of a gap. This is a tremendous time in culture, and you are welcome to contribute to its vastness if you find yourself capable and willing. It really isn't as hard as you think, it is a different kind of fun.
>>
>>61815141
We're experiencing it right now
>>
>>61816485
what
>>
>>61816131
The Beach Boys didn't even play the instruments on their groundbreaking records.
>>
>>61815658
This is honestly true, and wayyy more interesting music came out of it imo ;)))
>>
>>61816555
60s electronic music > 90s
>>
Ironically 4chan is considered a counterculture now since the values of the 60s have changed a lot since then as society has taken a more liberal practice into doing things now. If there's going to be a change, it will be the opposite of what people were doing in the 60's.
>>
>>61816577
60s electronic music was just musique concrete and some novelty songs using the moog
>>
>>61816436
it already exists and its growing
>>
>>61816621
as opposed to novelty songs from a computer?
>>
>>61816498
Props for saying this first; didn't have the nerve. The addition of new technology seen in shoe gaze, vaporwave, death grips, etc. is changing the game each year.
>>
>>61816758
pretty much this.
and who is the actual Brian ? Kany West.
>>
>>61816758
Something about this post makes me want to hit you
>>
>>61816436
lol okay you loser
>>
>>61816758
>The addition of new technology seen in shoe gaze, vaporwave, death grips
This simlutaeouneously made me laugh and cringe at the same time.
>>
>>61816778
I sense a bit of untruthfulness here but Kanye is actually the Bowie, he's not a virtuoso but was always in the right place at the right time and has/had more work ethic than anyone else
>>
>>61816544
That's because Brian didn't want them to
>>
>>61816577
lol what the fuck are you going on about?>>61816713
even if you want to call 90s electronic music novel, it isn't on the same level as musique concrete. don't be an idiot
>>
>>61816506
If you can't understand that then there's no hope you'll ever take part in an innovative counterculture

>>61816598
>>61816436
The new counterculture won't be conservative. Anyway, whether you sleep around, etc. or not is just a lifestyle choice; the values that are reflected by it are pretty much surface level
>>
>>61816874
To be fair only Brian and Carl had any of the musical knowledge to be able to write or even play on something like lets get away for a while

They all contributed important music, but 65-67 was Brian and his backup band
>>
>>61816883
"novelty music" doesn't mean "music that is novel," it means shitty joke music designed to sell a lot of records quickly and then be forgotten. A more recent example would be Friday by Rebecca Black
>>
>>61816835
yeah, it was a lzay b8
and i think you might be right. West is still way dumber , not as humble than Bowie tho (and he's way uglier too).
>>
File: 1444986672063.png (218 KB, 504x398) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444986672063.png
218 KB, 504x398
>>61816758
>is changing the game
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
Thread DB ID: 447478

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.