[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is shoegaze the genre with the least normie appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: images (68).jpg (11KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (68).jpg
11KB, 384x384px
Is shoegaze the genre with the least normie appeal?
>>
>>61814301
Noise probably is. But the life of a shoegazer is a lonely one.

>no, you're thinking of Bullet For My Valentine. They're a screamo band, totally different.
>>
That would be harsh noise. Although shoegaze is too sad sounding and distorted for most normies to listen too.
>>
File: 1449267558344.jpg (83KB, 437x442px) Image search: [Google]
1449267558344.jpg
83KB, 437x442px
>bubblegum pop with distortion
>not appealing to normies

my 13 year old sister constantly blasts mbv and ride on her shitty beats bluetooth speaker. it's pure normiecore
>>
>>61814301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw
think again
>>
No you fucking idiot Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1440943473498.jpg (20KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
1440943473498.jpg
20KB, 575x323px
>>61814325
>shoegaze
>not accessible
>>
>>61814301
not really my parents don't mind at all whenever I play loveless
>>
>>61814333
And on some other planet where little sisters listen to MBV and Ride trips were got.
>>
>>61814345
was meant for >>61814301
>>
File: the-big-lebowski.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-big-lebowski.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>61814301
It's not Eagles, that's all I care
>>
>>61814345
Well tbqh, even my musically inclined friends (who like psych, prog, and post-rock) aren't into it.
>>
>>61814475
because its garbage
>>
shoegaze is literally one step removed from radio pop. the second someone decides they want to be indeh they start listening to shoegaze
>>
shoegaze is one of the genres nobody ever really explores. it fucking sucks to be really into a genre no one knows (irl). you have to be pretty autistic to think that mbv is 'accessible'. everytime i played this album irl to my m8's they immediately asked me to change it. i got 2 of my best friends to listen to it and they hated it. they said it was too chaotic, noisy and distorted. they only kinda liked 'sometimes' from what i showed them but they said they would never play it on their free time.
>>
>>61814515
I dunno. Shoegaze seems to be above and beyond all other forms of "rock". Loveless is considered one of th....oh wait, you're not looking for an actual discussion. Nevermind. Go back to your Black Keys and Radiohead, f@m.
>>
>>61814301
>>
>>61814604
please dont ever come to this board ever again until you get some taste and stop listening to whatever is spammed on here
>>61814594
this post sounds very autistic
>>
>>61814301
Are you serious?
it's probably one of the most accessible genres in the indiesphere or whatever, it's just radio pop with distortion

on that note, harsh noise and power electronics is the genre with the least normie appeal, they won't even consider it music
>>
>>61814628
>please dont ever come to this board ever again until you get some taste and stop listening to whatever is spammed on here

Nah, been here since 2010. In fact, I'm thinking of bringing some of my normie friends over to dilute the autist posts.

Also:

>please don't come here again
>stop listening to whatever is spammed here
>posts on said board
>posts about said topic that thread is on
>>
>>61814301
How new are you? Harsh Noise, PE, and EAI have the least appeal for normies, but they are also the edgiest genres out there
>>
>>61814589
no. they like stuff like vampire weekend, tame impala and beach house, anco, sufjan, mac de marco, etc... i know this from real life experience unlike you

>shoegaze is literally one step removed from radio pop

shitposting is rampant itt. shoegaze is a bit wankery but saying that it's just distorted pop is just ignorant. it's about the layers and textures.
>>
>>61814301
There's only three albums anyone talks about anyways:
>loveless
>nowhere (maybe going blank again as well)
>souvlaki
>>
This album isn't very accessible but the whole genre is accessible as fuck.
>>
>>61814628
> this post sounds very autistic

why? i tried to include my friends in something that i really enjoy. bummer that they didn't like it. i think you're projecting bud.
>>
>>61814628

>this post sounds very autistic

Do you not have friends? He was obviously trying to show his friends some music he really enjoyed. I think you might have the autism here.
>>
>>61814333
Your logic:
>it happened to me or to some of my relatives
>it must happened to everyone
>>
>>61814727
>it's about the layers and textures

this. also, there are tons of indie rock with dream pop influences / sounds, but there is a distinction between shoegaze and dream pop.
>>
>>61814628
>please dont ever come to this board ever again until you get some taste
>hur I'm soo patrician

this post sounds very autistic
>>
>>61814594
>tfw Sometimes is the only song I relisten to from Loveless
>>
It's a pretty accessible genre, but that doesn't mean it's not good.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.