[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he listens to remastered recordings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>he listens to remastered recordings
>>
Sometimes they're good and sometimes they're not. I always spend like half an hour trying to look up people comparing them if I get a torrent that has both.
>>
>>61805334
ill fuck you in the ass tonight bitch
>>
I can only think of Mogwai Young Team remastered edition as an example of good remasters.
>>
>>61805700
The 2011 Pink Floyd remasters?
>>
This board makes me want to kill myself.
>>
I knew a guy who mastered a few of Frank Zappa's albums
He was an angry manlet.
>>
>>61805839
go figure
>>
>>61805700
The Pretty Hate Machine remaster that Trent himself did.
>>
File: S A.jpg (381KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
S A.jpg
381KB, 1200x1200px
You're trolling or an ignoramus.

Yes, MOST remasters are bullshit, and wreck what was a terrific recording. (though with perhaps too much treble, in the case of compact discs in the infancy years of the format)

However, to go and look down upon all "re-master"ings is to ignore what the term is about.
Take "Criterion Collection" for instance...that is the prime example of remastering done right.
So right that it's archival quality...they hand-scan each frame of a film and (when possible) make sure the director approves it before it goes out.

Now take the picture I posted....yes, it's a remaster! Oh no!

...But when you take into account the godawful atrocious mastering of the original album, (pretty sure it was Vlado Meller the Impaler that did it) you can understand why this was necessary.

Legendary engineer Steve Hoffman went back to the tapes and did an entire new mastering session straight from them...
that day, the music was saved.

This is the kind of remastering that desperately needs to happen with a majority of the albums being released, ---right now---, because of how limited/hypercompressed/distorted/clipped their sound is.

Here's the thread post by Steve himself about the remastering: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/steves-update-red-hot-chili-peppers-amazing-sounding-analog-masters-for-lp-confirmed.80835/

>
>
>>T L ; D R:
>Not all remastering is bad.
>But most is.
>Considering the lifeless recordings being put out now, expect to see in the coming generations re-masters of almost all modern music of today...that is, if the artist actually gives a shit about that kind of thing.
>>
ITCOTCK remaster is goat

Original version is fucking shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.