[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i fucking HATE how all the good sad-sack singers are all FUCKING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: drake.jpg (277KB, 1600x1048px) Image search: [Google]
drake.jpg
277KB, 1600x1048px
i fucking HATE how all the good sad-sack singers are all FUCKING ASSHOLES

OK IM IN A SAD MOOD

SO I WANT TO LISTEN TO SOME SAD SHIT RIGHT

but HOW THE FUCK am i supposed to relate to the singers if they're all fucking DICKHEADS!

hmm let's listen to some sad flaming lips NOPE wayne coyne's a cock!

how about some SMASHING PUMPKINS TO RELIVE MY YOUTH - NOPE BC IS A COCK AS WELL

even joy division! ian curtis was a cheating dickhead!

red house painters hahaahahah dont get me started

sparklehorse guy was a dickhead too, richey edwards, michael gira, john lennon, kurt cobain, all fucking dickheads!

etc
etc

nick drake probably was a nice enough guy i guess i'll listen to him
>>
Why do you want musicians you like to be full loser nice guys
>>
>>61801173
Jackson C. Frank had almost comically absurd amounts of bad luck so maybe you could try listening to him

He looked like a nice guy, too
>>
File: All_Things_Must_Pass_1970_cover.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
All_Things_Must_Pass_1970_cover.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Harrison was sweet
>>
>>61801192
not "nice guys" just not fucking dickheads

like wayne coyne, billy corgan, mark kozelek are pathological narcissists
>>
have you tried with thomas yorkshire
>>
Nirvana? Rollins Band? Certain Sonic Youth songs? (Diamond Sea especially)
>>
>>61801227
he's a cunt right

johnny seems really sweet though and he writes like 90% of their songs
>>
Neil Young was an asshole, then became self aware of that in his later years and wrote some good songs about how he regrets being an asshole.
>>
>>61801173

what did Wayne Coyne do?
>>
>>61801208
seconding.
George is the only beatle to create anything worth remembering
>>
>>61801237
Rollins is a douche and Sonic Youth were a bunch of "too cool for school" stuck up faggots.
>>
Well, Swans works out pretty well. Even when Gira was full douche mode during his alcoholic stage, he made this afterward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNc4tI5km8

>>61801173
Do tell about RHP I am curious now.
>>
>>61801371
left his wife and sacked the drummer or something
>>
>>61801463
wat, you dont know that mark kozelek is a dick?
>>
Townes Van Zandt neglected his friends on his downward spiral and I'm not sure how he treated his wives but I think he was a good person. Just very, very sad

Fred Neil seemed like a bro

is Will Oldham an asshole?

>>61801351
yeah I think he's a pretty decent guy. a little preachy maybe
>>
>>61801473

uh. I don't know the life of musicians., but that alone isn't reason to say he was an ass, he might have had good reasons to do it
>>
>>61801542
Also I think TVZ didn't have as much of an ego as typical songwriters, he didn't seem to care about ever being famous and seemed genuinely grateful when he was rediscovered
>>
>>61801509
Don't really pay attention to Kozelek's antics or w/e. I just listen to RHP I and Ghost Of The Great highway
>>
>>61801542
>neglected his friends on his downward spiral
yeah right what a dick he should have been more considerate of how his fatal heroin addiction would affect others
>>
Nick Drake did nothing wrong
>>
Muse
>>
>>61801634
seeing a couple docs on him many of his friends felt he pushed them away and generally didn't care whenever they wanted to help him.

they say growing up he felt very ashamed to be rich and considering he ended his life in a trailer park I'd say he felt unworthy at times
>>
>>61801687
Except wallowing in his self pity. But I can't blame him. I'm guilty of that too and I haven't achieved anything deserving of recognition like he did.
>>
>>61801784
Well, considering how he died, I think there's a part of him that wanted to get better, too.
>>
>>61801463
this is interesting, thanks for sharing

for any of the fucked up shit he gets involved in, Gira does seem very self-aware and I'm sure he has his regrets
>>
lou reed
>>
>>61801173

What did Sparklehorse do besides kill himself
>>
>>61801844
Rainmaker.
>>
>>61801784
>>61801819
I mean fuck, he was like 23, just a kid really. I think he was just egotistical and a bit entitled, which really most 20 somethings are
>>
Dan Johsnton
>stabs a friend
>tries to kill his dad with a plane crash
>egocentric
>was an asshole with velvet underground
>plays just one song and go away
>loves jesus christ
>>
I honestly cannot relate to this at all. Who the fuck cares lol, just listen to the music.
Maybe don't vehemently research every artist you listen to.
>>
>>61801260
how is thom a cunt
>>
>>61801878
Not entirely sure. Like the way he wouldn't do any interviews or even play live, it's more than just that. If it was sheer ego he would've performed live or given interviews.
>>
>>61801173
Because making music about how bad you have it and feeling bad for yourself automatically attracts narcissists, given that they love self-pity

of course, this doesn't mean every single artist that makes sad music is an asshole. Like Nick Drake, poor guy was just consumed by anxiety and severe depression
>>
>>61802003
he was a textbook covert narcissist imo, a lot of talented creative types are. I don't think there was anything malicious about him.
>>
>>61801173
>but HOW THE FUCK am i supposed to relate to the singers if they're all fucking DICKHEADS!
u sound like a fookin dikhead n all m8
>>
>>61802003
So not wanting to perform live or tell random journalists about your personal story is considered more egotistical than wanting to be a celebrity musician?

Nice ideology m8
>>
>>61801173
>i dont listen to music to related to the music, i listen to music as a fashion accessory and a way to relate to the musician and make myself think that maybe one day i can be like this musician

please do yourself a favor and stop listening to music all together. just print out pictures of musicians and stick them on your wall and jerk off to them because thats essentially what you're doing now but it would be more cost effective
>>
>>61802145
I suppose it could be. Not wanting to reveal yourself because you feel others wouldn't "get" you is very egotistical, just not in an overt Kanye West way

It's all speculation but I do think this is how he felt, considering he did tell his friends that he felt he deserved more for his talents
>>
Sufjan is just a goof.

Elliott Smith by all accounts was just a really sweet, quiet guy.

Bill Callahan probably is somewhat of an asshole, but at least he seems to be aware of it in is songwriting, and even still he's so far out of the public eye that there is no real examples of him being an asshole.
>>
File: image.jpg (374KB, 1794x1233px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374KB, 1794x1233px
If you think pic related is an asshole you have no soul
>>
>>61802729
>Sufjan is just a goof.

A goof with mommy issues
>>
>>61802729
Bill's entire persona is so fucking hilarious to me because of this. Like most people just seem to say he's this reserved guy with a deep voice, but then somewhere on the internet you'll see some guy bitching about about how Bill fucked his girlfriend or some shit and it always cracks me up. He just gets by due to the fact that he's not famous enough for his assholeishness to be common knowledge.

Good musician either way though,
>>
>>61801890
You forgot
>is mentally ill
Which explains most if not all of that.
>>
>>61801890
>stabs a friend
Did not happen
>tries to kill his dad with plane crash
*Has mental breakdown and almost crashes a plane unintentionally
>was an asshole with velvet underground
I don't even know what you mean by this
>plays one song and goes away
Wrong
>Loves Jesus Christ
This is a positive
>>
>>61801371
go all up in miley's glitter hole
>>
>look at me I can't separate the musician from the music
What do you want a fucking medal or something
>>
File: mfw dan.png (72KB, 1120x990px) Image search: [Google]
mfw dan.png
72KB, 1120x990px
>>61801173
>>
>>61801890
when was he an asshole with velvet undergound?
>>
>>61802274
I doubt it was because he thought people wouldn't get him. Maybe he just didn't feel comfortable with the idea of gaining notoriety.
>>
>>61802079
>>61802145
>>61802274
>>61803691
A narcissist is someone who admires their own self; their own attributes. Drake seemed to be the opposite (though I do wanna follow up on this "he told his friends he deserved more for his talents" thing I wonder if the more means popularity or just not having straight up major depression 24/7 shit life.) Cuz there's a difference between being in one's own head and being straight up narcissistic. Guy's egotistical in a similar way all those that have depression automatically are in that they stay in their head and entertain thoughts from it (even if it's thoughts of straight self-loathing and believing that they are worthless.)
>>
Isn't it a bad thing to judge the music by the singer's personality?
>>
>>61801634
He stood in front of Steve Earle with an unloaded gun (though this was unknown to Earle at the time) and clicked the trigger like five times just to fuck with Earle.
>>
>>61801173
GOIN TO SEE THE RIVER MAAAAAAAAAN

GOIN TO TELL HIM ALL I CAAAAAAAAAN
>>
>>61801260
the york is addorable 2bh m8
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.