[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alternatives for how to listen to music in life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: VEGU0ffo.jpg (61KB, 1037x515px) Image search: [Google]
VEGU0ffo.jpg
61KB, 1037x515px
alternatives for how to listen to music in life?
>>
sometimes I'll stick the earbuds up my asshole. feeling the vibrations rumble through my lower intestine makes listening to music a treat.
>>
>pick a genre
>google bands under that genre
>listen to the radio
>make new Pandora stations

Are you implying that you find out new music from Hipsterfork and some random youtube reviewer? Is that normal on this board?
>>
YouTube albums, check out next recommend album
>>
>>61793884
75% of people on this board are retarded and only listen to music which was rated by some random guy and Pitchfork and whenever you want to write about a different band, you become an automatic "fokin plab m8 lawl ur muzaks sox". Yikes, they surely need to have a sucky life.
>>
>>61793681
Dont do this man I tried for a month and I got hemorrhoids, now I have to listen to music through a tube in my mouth
>>
rateyourmusic is a good resource
>>
fm radio
>>
Metacritic or albumoftheyear.org aggregates all popular critic scores.
>>
>>61793984
Wow u sure showed that strawman
>>
File: shoegaze.jpg (47KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
shoegaze.jpg
47KB, 500x378px
ignore everything everyone says on mu except for me.

watch jarmusch & coen brothers films and listen to old artists radio shows.
>>
>>61794055

you have got to be joking
>>
>>61795107
>Jarmush & coen brothers
Not if I want to stay entry-level for ever
>>
Select an album you enjoy out of your library
Look it up on discogs
Find the record label and select another work off the label
If you like the album check out more works from the artist or label
>>
>>61796204
how does some one even fall for this?
where are all these retards coming from?
>>
>>61793924
Lmao this is how I've found most of my favorite music

The only thing I ever use music publications for is interviews with artists. Things like pitchfork and Fantano are just weird pseudo-artistic summaries of what the reviewer's highly personal reaction to the music is. They only seem relevant because they play into the pop culture controversies everyone's trying to stay involved with. "Oh shit such and such gave kanyes X album X score, wow that's so different from what this other reviewer said, and they used a snarky tone and lots of very poetic anecdotes I wouldn't expect in a formal review, really blew me away with that one"

Why the fuck are these petty things turned into issues? It's like major league sports for people who think they're too good for sports (or pretend to like sports to maintain a salt of the earth persona).
>>
>>61796617
Isn't reviewing in a all time low in popularity?
I think people used to care much more about it before the 21th century.
>>
>>61797085
Probably, but clearly people still care quite a bit about it around music forums and stuff
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.