[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Kanye's best album. The fact that it was initially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 808s.png (243KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
808s.png
243KB, 1000x1000px
This is Kanye's best album. The fact that it was initially panned shows how genius and far-ahead it was.
>>
Kanye is terrible. Just look at his face.
>>
>>61787427
>Way to much auto-tune
>Half the songs are too long and drag
>That Young Jeezy verse
>That annoying live-version
>Some songs are way to repetitive (Love Lockdown, Amazing)
That being said it was a decent album, not his best though.
>>
>>61787427
dumb contrarian
>>
https://soundcloud.com/nomoresmartiesinla/kanye-west-no-more-parties-in-la-leak
>>
808s is my favourite but the main reason for that is because it's an example of a release that predicts the future, which is one of my main musical fetishes
808s was panned on release, fast forward to 7 years later and literally half the hip-hop industry sounds exactly like it
>>
>>61787556
>Way to much auto-tune
*tips fedora*
>Half the songs are too long and drag
*tips fedora*
>That Young Jeezy verse
*tips fedora*
>That annoying live-version
*tips fedora*
>Some songs are way to repetitive (Love Lockdown, Amazing)
*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1445696138154.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1445696138154.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>61787556
>>Way to much auto-tune
>Drake bit this entire style and is the single most famous artist in the world right now
>>Half the songs are too long and drag
>not realizing this is done for tone and atmosphere reasons creating a sense of unease in the listener
>>That annoying live-version
>not recognizing the contrast of having mindless screaming fans over Kanye pouring his heart out into an emotional piece about his life and his family
>>
>>61787627
say you will could have been 2 minutes shorter
>>
>>61787627
>Drake bit this entire style and is the single most famous artist in the world right now
Drake isn't good either though
>not realizing this is done for tone and atmosphere reasons creating a sense of unease in the listener
I think you're looking to deep into it, either way I found it annoying as hell.
>not recognizing the contrast of having mindless screaming fans over Kanye pouring his heart out into an emotional piece about his life and his family
Again I think you're looking to deeply into it, something that Kanye fanboys do a lot because they can't accept the fact that he's done something bad.
>>
>>61787694
Most of the songs could have been 1-2 minutes shorter. Coldest Winter is probably my favourite song off the album because it doesn't feel like it drags on.
>>
>>61787694
IT'S SETTING THE MOOD YOU PLEB IT'S THE INTRO
>>
>>61787732
>Needs 6 minutes to set the mood
He set the mood for his other albums in roughly 4 minutes, theres no reason this one needed to be 6
>>
File: CT9t_FZUcAAJRa_[1].jpg (113KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CT9t_FZUcAAJRa_[1].jpg
113KB, 600x600px
This is Cudi's best album. The fact that it was initially panned shows how genius and far-ahead it was.
>>
>>61787780
Is it the best album cover of all time?
>>
>>61787780
>>61787823
No
>>
my favorite too but yeezus is a close second

only plebs have mbdtf in their top 3 kanye albums
>>
>>61787772
the other albums' atmosphere wasn't "cold, isolated, lonely, unease, scorn, winter, barren, etc etc"
>>
>>61787427
It's held up surprisingly well. In fact, it sounds better now than it did back in the early 2010s.
>>
>>61787427
this is my favorite too
>>
>>61788048
yup yup
>>
>>61788062
That additional 2 minutes didn't really add anything to all of that for me, it made me want to turn the album off, same way I felt with most the songs because most drag on for to long.
>>
>>61787427
nostalgy glasses/8 :^)
>>
>>61788048
Yeezus is shit though, if it had have gotten a lot of praise when it came out /mu/ would consider it shit.
>>
>>61788048
people with taste*
>>
>>61788048
>>61788165
the only good thing about Yeezus is the SNL performance of Black Skinhead

it actually had the industrial/"Death Grips" vibe he was going for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuhl6Ji5zHM
>>
>>61787427

>tfw looking at that balloon heart and picturing it making a farting noise as it deflated
>>
>>61787597
Elaborate pls
>>
>>61787427
it's shit. just because it was a precursor to the drake/weeknd sound that doesn't make it good. if it came out now it would be laughed at like yeezus for being a shit version of the current trends in hip hop
>>
>>61788048
>my favorite too but yeezus is a close second
lmao

>only plebs have mbdtf in their top 3 kanye albums
this is true
>>
>>61788862
whats there to elaborate on
tracks like heartless and love lockdown showcase a rapper moaning about his emotions in a heavily autotuned voice over sparse, bass heavy production
nowadays, "a rapper moaning about his emotions in a heavily autotuned voice over sparse, bass heavy production" fits half of the industry
>>
>>61788885
>if it came out now it would be laughed at like yeezus for being a shit version of the current trends in hip hop
>if it wouldn't be the first like this it would be just like the others
You're one of these geniuses aren't you?
>>
>>61788935
I only know of Drake saying this is the sound he was going for. Not big into hip-hop though so I asked
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.