[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most patrician thing you'll admit you listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: Dr House from Gray's Anatomy.jpg (78KB, 671x667px) Image search: [Google]
Dr House from Gray's Anatomy.jpg
78KB, 671x667px
What is the most patrician thing you'll admit you listen to in public?
>>
AOA
>>
>>61723595
radiohead, if i'm feeling particularly patrician
>>
Can, probably
>>
Had to tell one of my superior at work today about my musical tastes when they asked.
Tried to reply with "ah, really heavy stuff nobody else knows or cares about" and when she insisted on a band name i told her "cult of luna". and she was like "oh, well i like arcade fire i guess".

i said "yeah it gets awkward whenever this comes up, ive just got used to it"
>>
f(x)
>>
sonic youth
>>
>>61723595
I told my coworkers at Babies R Us that I listen to Swans, fortunately for me they did not look them up
>>
Why are you people so scared to admit you listen to certain artists
>>
>>61723784
because I did once and I was put on the potential mass shooter list
>>
Classical music and Jazz
>>
Pixies
>>
>>61723709
>i said "yeah it gets awkward whenever this comes up, ive just got used to it"
you are one step up man
>>
>>61723822
this
>>
I had to describe industrial techno as sounding like "two lumps of metal banging against each other for 9 minutes "
>>
>>61723631
>>61723639
>>61723755
>>61723782
>>61723893
OP said patrician, not pleb
>>
Death Grips

>>61723709
>trying this hard
>>
Desu Gurippu
>>
>>61723784

People will mark you as a weirdo or a creep if you don't listen to really popular music, and from then on they'll act really shitty toward you.
>>
i usually say my favorite music is the dead c or the shadow ring or dead moon

in public

i don't tell people about the shiina ringos and the shinsei kamattechans
>>
>>61723971
He's right. I would say classical pieces such as "the circle and the boy"
>>
File: 1399933656051.png (455KB, 1250x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1399933656051.png
455KB, 1250x2500px
Who cares what you listen to in public? As long as you don't have shit earphones/headphones that leak everywhere you're fine. (and if you do just buy new earphones/headphones)
>>
Otomo Yoshihide & Toshimaru Nakamura
>>
>>61724032
Maybe there marking you as a weirdo or creep because you act like one...
>>
>>61724032
then don't mention the most obscure one, there must be at least one popular artist you like
>>
I don't hide what I listen to from people. My friends know I like shit that they'd consider weird but they don't care.

Why are you so fucking neurotic, /mu/?
>>
>>61723595
I don't try to impress my friends with my superior patrician taste. When I'm around them, I attempt to play something accessible yet enjoyable for their little brains to process. When I am alone, I unveil my intellectual prowess by listening to favorites such as Coil, Francois Bayle, Igor Stravinsky, David Diamond, the list could go on...), but when I am with lower scum, I might put on some Radiohead or Swans. They look so cute when they tell me that kind of music is truly revolutionary! I guess we can't all be geniouses.
>>
>>61724032
thats fucking retarded. Most people who aren't manchildren don't give a shit about what you listen to.
>>
>>61724171
new pasta?
>>
File: 1452661270169.jpg (123KB, 1020x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1452661270169.jpg
123KB, 1020x1018px
>>61724171
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel or Death Grips. If people are like "Do you like anyone popular?" I usually drop The Gorillaz and most people assume I just know a lot about music (I don't.)
>>
>>61724237

That's not true at all. Most people are incredibly shallow who take everything at face value, and first impressions are all that matters.
>>
>>61724144
This.
People usually aren't dickheads about stuff this trivial unless you act like a pompous asshole about it.
>>
Tried to play deathgrips in the car with my little sister and mum when I went back home for xmas this year. Grabbed the AUX and put on a little Takyon and they both just asked why the fuck I even have this on my phone let alone why I'm playing it.
>>
>>61724313
well just dont look like a fucking loser and you're fine. if someone judges you in real life for your music taste they're not worth your time.
>>
>>61724313
The lack of complexity with which you imagine the people around you is kind of embarrassing.
>>
>>61724355
>well just dont look like a fucking loser and you're fine

thanks tips
>>
>>61724352
haha based
my parents did the same when I played ariel pink house arrest. dad kept thinking something was the sound
>>
>>61724372

You totally proved me wrong by taking what I said at face value, and assuming everything about me based on your first impression. Good job.
>>
>>61724032
*tips fedora*
>>
>>61724352
>mom can't even tolerate free jazz
>favorite DG album is Government Plates

She'd behead me on the spot.
>>
>>61724032
>wanting to be a normie
>>
Instead of just naming the artists, or how the plebs probably wouldn't like them, you should tell them what makes this music special or interesting to you.

Then they'll think you're an interesting weirdo, not just a weirdo.
>>
>>61724408
>everything about me
I'm sure you're a lovely lad. If you read my post you'll see that I was just addressing that one opinion you shared.
It's an immature and inaccurate thing to believe about the majority of people and I don't presume to know anything else about you other than that you believe one shitty thing.
>taking what I said at face value
Well here, if you were only joking then that's fine.
>>
>>61723595
The Beach Boys
>>
>>61723595
Frank Zappa
>>
>>61723595
Jazz is my go to these days. Can namedrop the bigger musicians without having to dip into obscurity.
>>
Luckily I'm a grill so I could say pretty much anything and normies would find it cute or quirky instead of weird and autistic.
>>
>>61724741
your lying and your prob a ugly autistic loser irl hehehe : )
>>
Velvet Underground
Kate Bush
Can
Beach Boys
Bowie
The Stooges
Sonic Youth
>>
>>61724059
That pic has got to be bait
>>
Pharoah Sanders, not even joking
>>
>>61724741
Does your current location happen to be the English capital?
>>
>>61724884
You just got baited
>>
>>61724884
You're a retard
>>
I'm honest with what I like but I don't act like a pretentious dick about it. Yeah most people think it's weird, but we move on. It's not a big deal really...

I feel bad for those that feel like they have to hide their taste. ;(((
>>
>>61725101
How the fuck do you figure that?
>>
>>61725227
Because you felt the need to point out it was a joke.
>>
>>61723709
>cult of Luna
>patrician

I dunno mayne.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.