[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What caused Bowie to get so sick? I doubt this was one of those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

File: 1452545088968.jpg (243KB, 1512x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1452545088968.jpg
243KB, 1512x1512px
What caused Bowie to get so sick? I doubt this was one of those cases where someone just gets heart attacks and cancer. I'm guessing this is a good example of why you shouldn't do hard drugs like cocaine. Liver cancer though? That's usually caused by alcohol, right?
>>
>>61715037
It can also just be bad luck dude
>>
>>61715037
He was indestructible, but cancer.
>>
>>>/sci/
>>
i thought it was lung cancer of some sorts

people were making points how he consumed copious amounts of drugs yet the legal cigarette is probably what killed him
>>
AFAIK he had pancreatic cancer which metastasized to his liver.

Cocaine is extremely bad for your blood vessels, and nicotine is a carcinogen. Smoking 3 packs a day for 30 years will leave a mark.

Bowie led an extremely excessive lifestyle and he paid the price. 69 is still a pretty good age re: what he did to his body for so long.

there are people that die when they're 90 and accomplish only a fraction of what Bowie did. Just be happy with what he gave to us.
>>
Cancer can fuck you up in days.
>>
>>61715105
It's sort of ironic.

After years of abuse with illegal drugs, a smoke probably ended him.
>>
He was an alcoholic though, he said in 1999 he can't touch another drop, he hadn't drunk for some time.

>>61715145

Hadn't heard about pancreatic cancer, don't know if that's true, most places are reporting liver cancer.
>>
>>61715201

That's what German media reported.
>>
File: theoden.jpg (15KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
theoden.jpg
15KB, 250x201px
>>61715037
All I know is that many, many, MANY Boomers in their 60's are currently dying of one form of incurable cancer or another. It's pretty scary because statistically, the life expectancy of the average human being is steadily going back down to an average of 60-ish years due to cancers hitting everybody and modern medicine clearly not powerful enough to stop it.

People bitch and whine about "global warming," without even realizing that all the shit floating around in the air in the present day is killing us quicker. Everyone should expect to be diagnosed with some form of cancer by the time they are in their late 50's to mid 60's at this point. Living until you are 70-80-90 is going to become the extreme exception, not the rule. Modern medicine is clearly useless at this point.
>>
You'd never be able to link anything totally specific to something like liver cancer, especially if it had metastasized. It was likely many decades of amphetamine / cocaine abuse mixed with a whole shitload of booze and smokes (or pure bad luck). He certainly lived a very long life considering that, and, despite him once saying he was fairly disinterested in average forms of exercise, I think he lived a very healthy lifestyle in his later years. We have to remember that he isn't like David Byrne or someone like that who has maintained really excellent health through strict dieting and shit. He's fucking Bowie.
>>
>>61715105
>trying to float baseless conjecture as some kind of fact

>"I thought"

No one gives a shit what you thought, the fact is you don't know a fucking thing about it. No one came out and told anybody exactly what kind of cancer it was. Sit the fuck down
>>
>>61715292
They don't care. They want us dead. They want our prisons filled to the brim so they can meet their funding quota, they want us all to get cancer and die so that there's less over population, they want to tell us we have a big ol' heaven waiting for us, so we don't rebel against the lack of proper health care. They could make us live for hundreds of years, but they won't. It's not in the best interest of the higher bureaucracies.
>>
>>61715292
Slow down... It certainly isn't "useless" yet. Cancer is one of the most uniquely diverse and difficult diseases to approach. There will likely never be a single cure for cancer, and that is a consequence of the disease itself, not the medical community.
>>
>>61715201
Probably not liver cancer, but secondary metastases of another cancer growing in his liver, which is so fucking common these days that it's a wonder doctors don't closely monitor that shit whenever someone gets any type of primary cancer in the gut.

If you get pancreatic/bowel/stomach/etc. cancer in your gut, 8 times out of 10 it will spread to your liver, and that ends up being the thing that ultimately kills you. It's common as fuck. Docs are fucking retarded that they don't watch that shit with more due diligence (they don't, clearly they don't) You know what they do? They keep track of an antigen called CA19-9, and it is in no way a full-proof way to monitor if new cnacers are growing, because by the time the antigen shoots up high enough to be detected in bloodwork, there are already tumors growing somewhere and likely already big enough to fucking kill you. It's horseshit negligence and it's happening everywhere.
>>
he was 68, it's not like he was 40 something
>>
>>61715292
but cancer medication is getting damned good nowadays. With continued stem cell and (shoot me down I don't care) cannabis research we can certainly make cancer far more tolerable in the future
>>
>>61715545

>cannabis research

i am interested if this has any factual basis

so interested
>>
>>61715466
True although the average life expectancy of a white male is 76 so he missed that mark by some distance and 68 really isn't that old since the typical person that age isn't a frail elderly Depends-wearer who can't take care of himself. That's people 80 and up.
>>
Ray Charles died of liver cancer and he was a big drinker, however he somehow survived into his early 70s before it got him.
>>
>>61715587
>Multiple reports of cancer sufferers benefiting greatly from cannabinoid medication. for instance a seven year-old girl with leukaemia went into remission just a few days after taking oil-based medication. She's now cancer-free at 14.
>clinical trials which have demonstrated that cannabinoids promote cell death in cancerous tissue
>>
>>61715647
Yeah. Some would probably say he was a lucky dude to not have passed away much earlier
>>
>>61715627
I know...my grandmother was completely fit, active, and able to do anything she'd always done at 70. At 80, she was in a home.

After 75 is when most of us tumble into the abyss.
>>
>>61715697

sounds brilliant
>>
>>61715446
Interesting,
thanks for this, will remember this.
>>
Lemmy really had no business living to 70 or even 60 with his lifestyle, yet...
>>
It takes a ridiculous amount of alcohol to get to cirrhosis, let alone liver cancer.
It was probably the drugs and bad genes
>>
you can just get cancer w/ out smoking drinking drugs etc yknow
even if you do smoking drinking drugs and get cancer theres often no way to know if it was the smoking drinking drugs or just bad luck. some cancersre very rarely due to bad luck so if you get one of those it points to a specific cause but a lot of them are unputdownable to anything definite
>>
>>61715793
and yet i know plenty of people irl who had it/died of it
and they weren't rockstars known for their hedonistic ways
>>
>>61715741
I always say we're not supposed to live past 70. If we all died around that point, we'd pretty much avoid all the dementia/hip fracture/Mexican nurse slapping/Wilford Brimley nonsense.
>>
>>61715819
yup
it's possible to win the powerball by only buying one ticket too
but i'd have a lot better chance if i bought a ticket every day of my life for decades
>>
>>61715832
I doubt bowie overused alcohol to the point he caused this.
These people probably have a whole medical department to watch for them eg jagger, keith richards, ozzy
what they cant watch for is bad genes
>>
Ok yeah, Bowie did a lot of substance abuse and didn't take the best care of himself. It's fairly easy to understand how he died.

Dio though...that's a mystery. Here was a guy who took very good care of himself, still an excellent performer in his 60s, that ended up still dying of cancer younger than Bowie did.
>>
File: Nurse, where am I.jpg (52KB, 220x331px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse, where am I.jpg
52KB, 220x331px
>>61715856
>>
>p4k news this morning: bowie, bowie, a 70s rap degenerate who has liver ca, bowie
>>
>>61715899
Mick Jagger didn't do drugs, that was Keith. He's been a /fit/fag for 45 years.
>>
>>61715105
but it was liver cancer...
>>
>>61715924
*fart intesifies*
>>
>>61715924
You think he would have succumbed years and years ago to his lifestyle. 'Cos hell, Chuck did coke and also ate a lot of brown stuff.
>>
>>61716027
>ate a lot of brown stuff.
What?
>>
>>61716027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID3Xx4uNFXs

He died some time ago; they just do a Weekend at Bernie's job with the body.
>>
>>61715900
Exactly, so it doens't fucking matter what you do, if big Mr. C is coming knocking on your liver then it's time to say goodbye moonlight. So, LOAD UP, and PAAAAAAAARRRRRTYYYYYYY!
>>
>>61716037
Are you really brave enough to Google "chuck berry toilet tapes"?
>>
File: 1447061794950.png (46KB, 132x156px) Image search: [Google]
1447061794950.png
46KB, 132x156px
>>61715972
>Mick Jagger didn't do drugs
>>
File: make-it-stop-grumpy-cat.jpg (127KB, 625x770px) Image search: [Google]
make-it-stop-grumpy-cat.jpg
127KB, 625x770px
>>61716044
If you ever needed a reason to not want to live past 70, this is it.
>>
>>61716073
At least not hard drugs anyway. He's consistently said in interviews that he never used heroin or any of that shit.

Of course Keith claims he only did pharmaceutical grade coke, so...
>>
>>61716063
I'm not.
>>
>>61715900
Dio said once in an interview that he didn't ever eat that much. It's more likely that the stress of touring on an inadequate diet did something to cause stomach cancer.
>>
>>61716145
I'll give you a hint.

>13 year old girls
>bodily wastes
>Chuck Berry's mouth
>>
>>61716117
Cocaine is a hard drug.
>>
File: 1442725716465.jpg (53KB, 648x484px) Image search: [Google]
1442725716465.jpg
53KB, 648x484px
See >>61715292
Reminder, the American govt wants you (yeah, you) dead.
>>
>>61716063
this is hardly his most perverted act tho
>>
Science is paid to lie to us these days. The truth is our food and drink is loaded with cancer causing elements

If the general populace was aware there would be mass riots. Never buy cheap food, and I don't mean just ready meals. If you can afford it, buy kosher. Mysteriously doesn't contain all the shitty chemicals that supermarket food does
>>
>>61716209
I love nutjob comments like these, always makes me crack a smile
>>
>>61716173
If dying at 68 spares me from fracturing my hip as the nurse changes my diaper and I'm babbling nonsense, then I'll take it. I completely fail to see anything of value I'll get from living to 80-90.
>>
>>61716218
He's right though, at least he didn't go full "BE VEGAN, EAT NOTHING BUT GRASS!" mode.
>>
>>61715037
He said there was a period in his life where he was living on nothing but milk, cocaine, and red peppers.

The red peppers probably gave him chronic stomach ulcers, which are loosely linked to certain types of gastric cancers.
>>
>>61716296
Not to mention you can't live on milk, you need water.
>>
>>61716296
That could have happened to Dio as well; aside from him saying he didn't eat much, we don't really know what his diet was like.
>>
>>61716324
there's water in milk you retard
>>
File: 1424028271439.jpg (35KB, 418x650px) Image search: [Google]
1424028271439.jpg
35KB, 418x650px
do you guys think he did one last line of coke before he died?
>>
I know Freddie King succumbed to ulcers caused by stress and living on nothing but Bloody Marys which are made with [spoiler]acidic tomatoes[/spoiler].
>>
Hey fellas,

Check out this exclusive David Bowie's footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCLmrap83E
>>
>>61716296
>Living on milk

BONES OF STEEEEEL
>>
File: majortom.jpg (324KB, 1045x775px) Image search: [Google]
majortom.jpg
324KB, 1045x775px
Depends on what kind of cancer, it could also have metastasized and spread somewhere else, maybe he was just too weak due to chemo and being 69. Could've been a lot of different things, you should call his doctor, maybe he'll give you a better answer.
>>
>>61716218

he's completely right though, just unhealthily paranoid. cheap meat contains all kinds of shit. my body is a fucking wasteland though. my parents told me I tried eating cigarette stumps as a kid. ate a whole fucking box of heart disease medication. nothing happened. any other kid would've probably died.
>>
It's comical how Frank Zappa ridiculed alcoholics and drug users as he chain smoked and lived on a diet of hot dogs, canned chili, and fried clams. Sure enough, in the ground at only 53.
>>
>>61716218
Have you ever read the packets on most food? Let me guess you are too stupid to know what any of the chemicals are

There are straight up harmful shit put in food because of lax health standards/corruption. Now go to a kosher food store and read the packets on the food there
>>
My parents always say I don't eat healthily enough but I always say "Don't worry about me anyway; not like I particularly want to live past 65-70."

I probably wouldn't live to 90 regardless because I'm over 6' and tall people don't tend to have as high a life expectancy. I mean, Jack Lalanne was a manlet. I don't think he could have lived to 96 if he had Kobe Bryant's physique. Wasn't George Burns also very short? I thought he was.
>>
>>61716568
Bowie wasn't very tall
>>
>>61716568

I promised to myself that if I should reach 100 years I'll start playing World of Warcraft again. Really looking forward to being an old fart to be honest, it'll be great!
>>
>>61716446
Zappa was a moron.
>>
>>61716568
" over 6' " isn't very tall
>>
>>61716672
When it comes to musical knowledge, he was one of the best there was in rock, but he really didn't know a lot else outside of that and could be remarkably ignorant and shallow when discussing politics or whatnot. One of those guys who's ego was so big that he didn't feel that he ever needed to read anything.

Jerry Garcia in between the drugs was an infinitely humbler guy who read a ton of stuff and was always trying to learn something new.
>>
File: 4QWtE9.jpg (7KB, 270x236px) Image search: [Google]
4QWtE9.jpg
7KB, 270x236px
Maybe you guys will live longer if you dont use tons of toxic sustance and stop eating animals.
Only people with high ethical habits will live longer, because they deserve it.
>>
>>61715037
Nah coke is confirmed to make you have a longer lifespan thanks to Jager and Ozzy.
>>
File: 0033 - NyznBSG.png (392KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
0033 - NyznBSG.png
392KB, 1000x710px
>>61715037
well you see the cuck smoking, he gets cancer
you saw lemmy drinkin n smokin, he dead coz health reasons
what do we learn kids you either stop or the drugs stop you
>>
>>61716993
>Only people with high ethical habits will live longer

Then why is Chuck "Poop in da mouth" Berry still here at almost 90?
>>
>>61717074
Still alive yes, but he's a braindead senile zombie now. Exactly what he deserved for his choice of lifestyle.

What the other guy meant is that only people with high ethical habits both live to 80-90 and are still functional.
>>
>>61715037

Lung cancer spread to the liver
>>
>>61717116
It's a comforting fantasy for painfully boring people.
>>
>>61717116
Has it not been said that you get the old age you deserve?
>>
>>61716993

My grandfather smoked since he was like 10, and he didn't exactly had the best diet. Shortly before he died, he was still sane and sound, and physically strong as well.
>>
>>61717177
t. I'd rather go out young in a blaze of glory
>>
Hey fellas
You should check out this very rare Bowie Footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCLmrap83E
>>
>>61717212
Some people liteally smoke all their life and dont get the cancer, others people just smoke a short period and get it. Theres genetic influence on the cancer thing. Your grandfather have just lucky.
>>
>>61717212
Of course you didn't say how old he lived to either.
>>
>>61715145
>nicotine is a carcinogen
Is it really? I thought it was everything else in cigarettes that was the problem.
>>
Liver cancer. However since it probably metastasized, one of the first places liver cancer goes to is the lungs so that probably explains all the coughing and wheezing.
>>
>>61717464
I agree. He does sound like he has a bad head cold on a good portion of Blackstar.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.