[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES Best album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: MI0003889904.jpg (52KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003889904.jpg
52KB, 400x400px
CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES
Best album.
>>
It's definitely up there, but...
>>
>>61709569
whats your favorite off this?

quicksand is always brilliant
>>
File: low.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
low.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>61709597
>>61709569
I feel bad doing this because both of those albums are masterpieces but
>>
I would say that title belongs to Low or Station to Station but it's one of my favorites. There's just so many great songs on there
>>
I think its his best

>Life on mars , his greatest song.the magnum opus that spans pop , surrealism and existentialism
>filled with other classics.. changes , kooks , quicksand to name a few
>>
>>61710632
Close but Thats not Station to Station
>>
>>61709569
I think Black Star is his best desu senpai
>>
Station to Station
>>
>>61709569
Changes, Life on Mars? & Filler: The Album
>>
>>61710963
Absolutely pleb
>>
>>61710971
shit sounds like ABBA bitch nigga
>>
>>61710963
>doesn't like Quicksand
I agree most of the album is filler but godamn anon
>>
>>61711497
What's wrong with ABBA? ABBA is based, mate.
>>
>>61709569
Bowie got at least five best albums
>>
>>61711542
maybe if you like tasteless kitsch
>>
>>61709569

Good album. Pretty wild to think he dropped an album of piano showtunes in between the hard rock masterpieces of TMWSTW and Ziggy Stardust. Seriously, who the fuck does that?
>>
S2S is best
>>
Elton John-tier pop. Heroes is obviously his best pham
>>
>>61710963
Quicksand, Kooks, Bewlay brothers, Pretty things

Only song I can think as filler is Warhol's
>>
>>61711615

I think Warhol is a great song, a real piss-take of a massively overrated faggot piece of shit. The lick was also ripped off by Metallica.
>>
Now, as any faithful reader of this magazine is probably aware, David Bowie has never been my hero. I always thought all that Ziggy Stardust homo-from-Adelbaran business was a crock of shit, especially coming from a guy who wouldn’t even get in a goddam airplane. I thought he wrote the absolute worst lyrics I had ever heard from a major pop figure with the exception of Bernie Taupin, lines like “Time takes a cigarette and puts it in your mouth” delivered with a face so straight it seemed like it would crack at a spontaneous word or gesture, seemed to me merely gauche. As for his music, he was as accomplished an eclectician (a.k.a. thief) as Elton John, which means that though occasionally deposited onstage after seemingly being dipped in vats of green slime and pursued by Venusian crab boys, he had Showbiz Pro written all over him. A facade as brittle as it was icy, which I guess means that it was bound to crack or thaw, and whatever real artistic potency lay beneath would have to stand or evaporate.

Crack Bowie did, in the last year or so, and the result was Young Americans. It was not an album beloved of trad Bowiephiles, but for somebody like your reviewer, who never put any chips on the old chickenhead anyway, it was a perfectly acceptable piece of highly listenable product. More than that, in fact – it was a highly personal musical statement disguised as a shameless fling at the disco market, the drag perhaps utilized as an emotional red herring. Young Americans wasn’t Bowie dilettanting around with soul music, it was the bridge between melancholy and outright depression, an honest statement from a deeply troubled, mentally shattered individual who even managed, for the most part, to skirt self-pity. Like many of his peers, Bowie has cracked – and for him it was good, because it made him cut the bullshit. Young Americans was his first human album since Hunky Dory, and in my opinion the best record he ever put out.
>>
>>61711665
Till now. The first things to be said about Station to Station are that it sounds like he’s got a real live band again (even if star guitarist Earl Slick reportedly split between the sessions and the new tour), and that this is not a disco album either (though that’s what the trades, and doubtless a lot of other people, are going to write it off as) but an honest attempt by a talented artist to take elements of rock, soul music, and his own idiosyncratic and occasionally pompous showtune/camp predilections and rework this seemingly contradictory melange of styles into something new and powerful that doesn’t have to cop either futuristic attitudes or licks from Anthony Newley and the Velvet Underground because he’s found his own voice at last.

This is the first Bowie album without a lyric sheet, and I’m glad, because aside from reservations voiced above I’ve always agreed with Fats Domino that it’s more fun to figure them out for yourself. The first line on the album is the worst: “The return of the thin white duke / Throwing darts in lovers’ eyes.” Somehow, back in Rock Critics’ Training School, when they told me about “pop poetry,” I didn’t and still don’t think that they were talking about this, which is not only pretentious and mildly unpleasant, but I am currently wrestling with a terrible paranoia that this is Bowie talking about himself. I have a nightmare vision in my mind of him opening the set in his new tour by striding out onstage slowly, with a pained look in his eyes and one spotlight following him, mouthing these words. And, quite frankly, that idea terrifies me. Because if it’s true, it means he’s still as big an idiot as he used to be and needs a little more cocaine to straighten him out.
>>
>>61710963

Bewlay Brothers > Changes, my plebe friend
>>
Quicksand is underrated.
>>
>>61711663
Yeah I like it too, it just doesn't feel like it has a real place in the album
>>
>>61710585
I agree. Makes me feel happy and sad at same time ;__;
>>
>>61711706
It is actually my favorite Bowie song
>>
>>61711677
ok
>>
no love for queen bitch itt?
>>
>>61710963
This t.b.h. (to be honest)
>>
>>61712007
my fav from bowie, senpai
>>
>>61712007

No until someone tells me Up the Hill Backwards is in his Bowie's Top 20
>>
>>61709569
K-K-K-K-KEK
>>
>>61710963
THIS
Bowie's first albums are full of shitty filler
>>
>>61710585
8 Line poem is the most comfy
>>
>>61712007
I love that song

it's a shameless Lou Reed ripoff but done really well
>>
>>61712307
It's a tribute to lou reed. He literally wrote it for him
>>
>>61712293
Actually I think 8 Line Poem is my second favourite of the album after quicksand
>>
>>61712348
I know, I didn't mean ripoff in a negative way.
>>
>>61710963
That's really harsh, it's a good album, but I tend to see Station To Station, Low and Heroes as his best works. That's the trio of doom that literally made him the bridge between artsy music and pure pop music, which is really impressive
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 287x175px
So /mu/,

Have you hear 'Dollar Days' yet?

Is it safe to say that it's the best track of his send off album
>>
>>61712670
Really /mu/.

Fuck you all for not talking
>>
>>61712948
Nobody cares, you autistic shitbag.
>>
File: priviledged as fuck.jpg (164KB, 962x748px) Image search: [Google]
priviledged as fuck.jpg
164KB, 962x748px
>>61712670
>listen Scary Monsters
>everything is so happy and upbeat
>listen to Dollar Days afterwards
>realize he's gone
>>
File: feels.jpg (168KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
168KB, 708x708px
>>61712670
I think Blackstar is better but Dollar Days is my 2nd favorite. Also the most emotionally powerful song on the album.

>If I never see the English evergreens I’m running to
>It’s nothing to me
>It’s nothing to see
>>
>>61713081
>watched BlackStar when released as a single.
> see spoopy skeleton in space suit
"Oh it's major tom, etc etc"
Think the whole song is about him throwing away his old personas
>watching it now
Oh god, it was his spoopy skeleton.

It's perhaps his legacy that his album was written with him knowing he was at deaths door. But no one guessed. That he was secretly saying good bye.
>>
low is the patrician's choice

also I live in japan and my boss talked to me about bowie today - he thought boy george and david bowie were one person called david bowie george, wasn't sure if he was american or british and asked if he was gay. then he walked off.

not a bad conversation desu.
>>
>>61713163
genuine kek
>>
>>61709569
how the fuck did I not know that was a Bowie song. god damn im pleb
>>
>>61709569
I always assumed this was a massive hit but apparently it didn't even make the top 40

wtf
>>
>>61709569
CH-CH-CH-CH-CHVRCHES
>>
>>61713526
DELETE THIS TO BE HONEST
>>
>>61710963
Kooks, Quiksand and Oh You Pretty that things you mug
>>
>>61713526
DELET
THIS
>>
>>61709569
Tbh The Next Day is up there for me
>>
>>61711677
>needs a little more cocaine to straighten him out.
lol
>>
>>61713526
why?
>>
>>61710963
Accurate
Hunky Dory is his most overrated album
>>
>>61713934
ziggy stardust is FAR more overrated
>>
Patrician ranking is as follows:
1. "Heroes"
2. Low
3. Aladdin Sane
4. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
5. Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)
>>
>>61710963
Is filler the latest /mu/ buzzword?
>>
File: blackstar.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
blackstar.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
This isn't his newest album, Blackstar.
>>
>>61713986
>includes his most plebby album, Ziggy Stardust
>>
>>61714156
Ziggy Stardust is a great parody of the rock opera with fairly consistent songwriting throughout. It's at least a 7.5/10
>>
1. Hunky Dory
2. Ziggy Stardust
3. Heroes
4. Aladdin Sane
5. Low
>>
>>61713986
Pls

True patrician inbound
1. David Bowie
2.Pin ups
3. Toy
4.Heathen
5.Tin Machine
>>
>>61713986
I like them all, but this would be my order

Station to station
Low
Heroes
Aladdin Sane
Young Americans
Scary Monsters and super creeps
Let's Dance
Hunky Dory
Diamond Dogs
Ziggy
Black tie white noise
Space Oddity
The man who sold the world
>>
>>61713986

Actual patrish man coming through:

1.- Scary Monsters
2.- Low
3.- "Heroes"
4.- Blackstar
5.- Station to Station
>>
>>61713148
Shit and when it floats away in space...
>>
>>61714751
Basically my list
>>
>>61710963
>
Tbh, Andy Warhol and Song for Bob Dylan are shit
>>
>>61714777
:*(
>>
File: 1996-07-18-From_a_Phoenix-main.jpg (110KB, 687x682px) Image search: [Google]
1996-07-18-From_a_Phoenix-main.jpg
110KB, 687x682px
>mfw huge bowie fan
>mfw The Next Day came out and got 5* reviews everywhere and it was shit
Tell me I'm not wrong. I loved Blackstar since the video though.
>>
>>61714156
>People know it, so it must not be good
Jesus Christ, /mu/, this is why I barely ever come here anymore.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.