[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums /mu/ recommended that you really did not like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: thresh1.jpg (69KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
thresh1.jpg
69KB, 500x456px
Albums /mu/ recommended that you really did not like
>>
op a pleb
>>
File: 666.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
Really corny prog with a bunch of forgettable tracks and a silly concept.
>>
>>61643604

>you disliked this

But anon, that's an incorrect opinion.
>>
File: shit.jpg (243KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
243KB, 1000x1000px
Probably the least enjoyable electronic album i've listened to thus far
>>
TMR
fucking boring
>>
American Football

It's kinda sad. And that's about all it has going for it.
>>
Spiderland
ITAOTS
Anything by Death Grips
>>
Donuts, Spiderland, and some recent Tujiko Noriko album.

>>61643665
I liked this but I still kind of agree.

>>61643604
Have you listened to Coil before? Or any industrial? If not or if you don't like either then I can see why you wouldn't like this.
>>
Hospice. it was the album that taught me that feelsy albums have little to no effect on me, with the rare exception here and there
>>
Unwound - leaves turn inside you
Slint- spoderland

I just don't get it guys,
>>
>>61643928
yeah hospice is the only /mu/core album i don't like
>>
>>61643838

Triggered. How many electronic albums have you heard?
>>
>>61643879
>>61643894
>>61643942
With you on Spiderland. I just don't think it's as good as people say.
>>
>>61643942
>>61644186
spiderland clicked with me on my second listen, but it's not the most amazing thing I've heard.
>>
>>61644135
Not a whole lot desu, as I don't find it a particularly interesting genre as a whole. My favourite is Amon Tobin's Bricolage if that gives you a reference of some sort
>>
>>61644488

Fair enough, I guess. For me, it's one of my 20 favorite albums of all time. It's like listening to a rave going on next door, but you are too anxious and sad to go. Just sit and sip coffee while thinking about your ex instead.
>>
>>61643604
This is a very emotionally powerful record. Hearing a depressive drunk alcoholic guy repeat the Somnambulist In An Ambulance in such an intentionally...pathetic and helpless tone is just...idk it gets to me.

>>61643665
Pretty much. Writing cheese melodies like that doesn't take much skill.

>>61643838
Very atmospheric in an urban manner. If you're up late at night and just wanna take a walk through the city put this on. Certain albums get the more chaotic aspect of urban cities others just the quiet parts; this one does them all.

>>61643853
An album with moments where you have two guitars playing different melodies, bass and bassoon coming in an out, drums being played in a time sig the average person is not used to, and Beefheart's unique more gruffy approach to blues/jazz vocals is somehow boring? Were you not able to pay attention to anything in the album?

>>61643873
Has melodies that are pretty complex by punk standards. Will have sections of music very much so influenced by either shoegaze, post rock, or jazz. Put all that together in a package that's still punk at the end of the day.

>>61643879
>>61643894
>>61643942
Spiderland: Angular guitar riffs similar to math rock, dynamics from soft to loud, vocals range from whispering to screaming to spoken word to just regular singing, has aspects of noise rock/punk in a way like what would become post-hardcore, drums are simple but very VERY tastefully done probably the most underrated part of the band.

>>61643928
I don't like the approach towards really anything in art if they are like "shit lets make something someone will cry about" it feels manipulative as opposed to Slint over here who just wrote songs about personal stuff and imo much more worth crying over especially when you hear like the last part of Good Morning, Captain or something.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.