[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all know that Pink Moon is the best Nick Drake album, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: akuma no uta.jpg (91KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
akuma no uta.jpg
91KB, 319x319px
We all know that Pink Moon is the best Nick Drake album, but which is better out of his other two? I'm a Bryter Layter man, myself, but Five Leaves Left is great too.
>>
i love boris as well
>>
I prefer Five Leaves Left, only for Day is done, but i love both of them.
>>
all three albums are great - Bryter Layter is my favorite of all
>>
>>61630191
fuck off weeb
>>
>>61630191
fav Boris album desu
>>
Another question- which is the better closer, Saturday Sun or From the Morning?
>>
I place it 3rd, though I think it's a grower and I've listened to it much less than the others. The backing vocals on Poor Boy are unforgivable though
>>
>>61630523

I think Bryter is a more cohesive album than 5LL, and I used to rate 5LL > Bryter, but that's changed for me. I don't mind the backing vocals in Poor Boy though. My issue would be the instrumental tracks being less than great and Nick's vocals in Fly, he sounds stretched and not in a good way
>>
Five Leaves Left would be his best album if not for the orchestration, the demo for River Man is better than the one on FLL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QDxEGmb0-U
>>
>>61630475
Fuck, thats hard. Gotta stick with From The Morning though. "now we rise and we are everywhere"
>>
>>61630641
what do you mean by cohesive?
I think Bryter's orchestration is all over the place, with the strings, brass, and backing vocals feeling kind of thrown in at different parts of the album, whereas 5Leaves sticks to the very english-sounding string and woodwind backing. For some reason I get an almost Austin Powers- type vibe from pieces of Bryter Layter and that just doesn't play to Nick Drake's strengths to me
>>
>>61630836

I think the percussion is out of place in Three Hours and Cello Song, the orchestration in Thoughts of Mary Jane is overblown by comparison to the rest of the album. The album's tempo is, by and large, lethargic for me.

Comparatively, I feel like Bryter Layter has much more determined pace and eloquent percussion. 5LL feels closer to Jackson C. Frank's debut album, meanwhile, BL feels closer to Astral Weeks instrumentally. So it's a matter of preference, I guess, but BL feels like more of a complete package and 5LL feels slightly sparser.
>>
flood>akuma no uta desu
>>
File: 1398127096221.jpg (59KB, 645x782px) Image search: [Google]
1398127096221.jpg
59KB, 645x782px
>tfw you could have been a signpost
>>
amplifier worship is better
>>
>>61630377
>>61630460
>>61632545
>>61633110
upboated!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.