[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /mu/'s opinion on Roger Waters' solo works?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What's /mu/'s opinion on Roger Waters' solo works? Anything of value after leaving Pink Floyd behind?
>>
You should at least listen to Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking and Amused to Death (the original version, he George Lucas'd the shit out of the new version).

They're just okay.
>>
>>61616317
>he George Lucas'd the shit out of the new version
no he didn't. It's exactly the same besides two songs, The Perfect Sense Part 1 (which incorporates a sample of 2001 A Space Odyssey that was originally suppose to be there, but Roger couldn't get the rights for because Kubrick was being a prick since Roger didn't let him use music for A Clockwork Orange) and The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range, which has some guitar that Roger forgot about recording and didn't know why he never incorporated it. Everything else is the same, besides the obvious new mastering.
>>
amused to death is the only good one

pros and cons has almost no sense of melody and Radio whatever is completely forgettable
>>
>>61616681
>Radio whatever is completely forgettable
I think Radio would be a good album if it weren't dated by its production because it really does have song good songs, and some good songs that were cut from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im77ImACw68
>>
>>61616821

yeah this isn't too bad

its so 80's though

amused to death had problem production in spots as well

i really like intimacy of roger's demos
>>
So is the Final Cut a solo album or not?
>>
Hitchhiking has a couple good songs, but is otherwise forgettable. The concept is really dumb as well.

Radio KAOS is straight up awful. It has some of the worst production I have ever heard from a big name and countless cheesy tropes from the 80s that were better off forgotten.

Amused to Death is amazing, though. Best concept album Roger or Pink Floyd ever did.
>>
>>61617253
>The concept is really dumb as well.
The problem wasn't the concept, the problem was the execution. Also, Every Stranger's Eyes is Roger Water's best solo song, and his best vocal performance of any of his songs, Pink Floyd or not.
>>
>>61617065
Well if you consider Momentary Lapse to be a Pink Floyd album then I would say the Final Cut is too
>>
>>61615647
this is such a trashy album cover
>>
>>61619791
i wanna be the slut on the cover
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.