[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Rammstein actually good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fire fire.jpg (59KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
fire fire.jpg
59KB, 375x500px
I like Rammstein. A lot. I like a lot of "Good" music and /mu/core shit. I think Rammstein is good, and do interesting things despite them having a super wide appeal. Are they actually good, or are a hack-tier band? I'm literally being serious here, sometimes I feel dumb listening to them but I find their music deceptively poignant.
>>
>>61578094
No.
>>
>>61578094
Musically speaking, they are so simple.
But despite their simplicity, they make nice songs.
Plus, the best live thing you'll ever see.
>>
they are shit for plens like all forms of pop music
>>
>>61578094
but they're just bland metal instrumentals with either horrible german singing or horrible german growly voice vocals
>>
File: 1452265822164.jpg (54KB, 780x636px) Image search: [Google]
1452265822164.jpg
54KB, 780x636px
>>61578094
>
looks like the kind of shit that army guys and construction yard workers are into coz le manly nazi music :^) that audience is a no place for self respecting hipster unless you think metallica´s good too
>i feel dumb listening to them - You
>>
Their style of combining chugga-chugga industrial metal riffs with rather melodic choruses is generally considered bad taste among lots of "serious" music fans. They make metal very poppy sounding, which these people don't like. Their music sounds very tame, controlled and non-dangerous, too polished and music fans generally obsess over authenticity and danger.

Last time I listened to the band was like 10+´years ago, I can't really say what I would think about them now. Probably isn't as bad as some people here claim but Rammstein definitely isn't a "cool" band to like.
>>
>I am better than other people because I spend all my waking time on an anime board trying to find the most obscure music possible

kek
>>
>>61578094
No and they're boring and never got the hype for them back in the days.
> interesting things.
Like watering down what industrial and metal bands did ages ago?
>>
>>61578148
Thats what I mean, i know they are objectively simple, but the package seems to be the more important thing here, like a visual band. I mean simplicity aside it is interesting to watch no matter if you like it or not i would say on some level.

>>61578166
>shit for plens
Eh, i would argue that not all pop music is pleb tier.

>>61578169
>bland metal instrumentals
I would also argue yes
>horrible german singing
I could argue yes, but i could also argue that it is purposed that way for effect
>horrible german growly voice vocals
I could argue that they are objectively growly, but that made me kek
>>
They're as pleb as it gets. Still love them though.
>tfw too poor to afford the vinyl boxset
>>
>>61578317
based
>>
There's nothing wrong with dance music, it serves its purpose, puts on a fun show and doesn't take itself too seriously
>>
File: A-OK.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
A-OK.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Rammstein is Slavov Zizek approved

http://www.huckmagazine.com/perspectives/opinion-perspectives/slavoj-zizek/
>>
>>61578094
why do you care if people approve of your tastes? just listen to what you like faggot
>>
>>61578317
this exists? I need this.
>>
>>61578717
I don't really care if people approve of my taste, this is a testing of the water to see if there are any other /mu/philes that legitimately or unironically enjoy Rammstein, and if they do, does it make them question why they do, or if they do is it for reasons other than sonically aesthetic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.