[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>discussing music with strangers who have shit taste why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>discussing music with strangers who have shit taste
why do you do this everyday?
>>
i haven't actually tried to discuss music on /mu/ in a long time, been here too long to think that's going to work out well
i just come here to shitpost
>>
my family has even worse taste and my only friend in school "didn't like music"
>>
Can someone pls tell how to discuss music with ppl???????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>61571734
what kind of things do you shitpost about
>>61571744
whats the last great album you listened to?
>>
I do it to feel superior to other people.
>>
>>61571750
>
>>61571759
showcase your superiority right now
>>
>>61571750
I don't even know how anymore
>>
I just gave up talking about it. I seriously got into a large argument on whether Lady Gaga was art pop. It would at least be manageable if they liked a few OK normie bands but they all like utter shit such as Twenty One Pilots and J.Cole
>>
>>61571757

>whats the last great album you listened to

dopethrone, probably
>>
>>61571757
>what kind of things do you shitpost about
i dunno i just contribute to meme threads and derail threads about female musicians with waifu spamming and whatnot
its jokes

>>61571784
art pop is a meaningless label anyway so she might as well be
>>
>>61571750
Don't. Talk about something where both people actually have an somewhat equal ground in knowledge of what's being talked about rather than you talking about LYSF for a hour.
>>
File: WxEVqJL.jpg (74KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
WxEVqJL.jpg
74KB, 567x567px
Because one day I will bump into a someone who proves to be smarter than me beyond any doubt and I will finally be able to accept myself as flawed and when that happens I will fall with a smile into a deep dreamless sleep.
>>
>>61571784
>I seriously got into a large argument on whether Lady Gaga was art pop
what was the opposing argument?
>twenty one pilots and j.cole
it could be a lot worse man
>>61571793
i like that album. i want to listen to more doom, what do you recommend i give a listen to if i like electric wizard and sleep?
>>61571809
that sounds less stressful than actual discussion. im going to do more of that
>>61571842
>Because one day
you sure that day hasnt already passed
>>
so i can discover new music to subject my faggot roommates to over their faggot bluetooth speaker while i sit there and have no social life
>>
>>61571858

i'm not that into doom so i couldn't tell you, i think there's a chart floating around somewhere
>>
>>61571858
She has a song named art pop so therefore she's art pop even though it's standard electropop musically. Plus meat dresses are arty.
>>
>>61571920
>standard electropop musically
are you implying theres a difference between pop and electropop
>>
>>61571858

I was just being a wee bit checky there, mate... Or as you yanks call it, "sarcastic".
>>
>>61571951
what do you think happens to us when we die
>>
>>61571948
Is there a difference between Harry Nilsson and Lady Gaga?
>>
/mu/ has the best taste of everyone I know.

My older cousin listens to entry-level "indie" shit (i.e. of Monsters and Men, Mumford and Sons), my sister and younger cousin listen almost exclusively to EDM and trap with a few exceptions. I hardly have friends and those I do have don't actually care much about music.
>>
>>61571985
yes but its the same amount of difference as the difference between lady gaga and usher
>>
>>61571970

Well, as a Jehovah's Witness...
>>
I struggle keeping friends and have never been in love.
>>
>>61572026
iad me too in when im in real life without hthe zoome
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x310px
>Discussing music with a friend who I've been bros with for a long time
>His taste is kind of shitty and he refuses to leave his plebby comfort zone

Oh well, not everyone can be perfect like me
>>
oh man I love these threads.

I actually avoid talking about music with normal people because I'm a fucking geek about it. I only talk about music when they ask me about it and I do it with care. Like first I dip my toes in the water asking them what they are into and depending on that I will know if they are interested in music as a hobby or not. if they are then I'll ask if they have any favorite albums or bands. if they ever mention they are into stuff like Aphex Twin, Godspeed, or Death Grips then I know thats a flag that tells me I can sperg as much as I want.
>>
>>61572011
Usher is R&B and Lady Gaga is Electro-pop so that difference is still enough to discern between subgenres and their various parent genres.
>>
>>61572092
>this pile of shit tastes slightly better than that pile of shit
>>
>>61572222

dank quads
>>
>>61572244
dank double dubs
>>
>>61571995
>/mu/ has the best taste of everyone I know.

im so sorry
>>
>>61571721
because music is subjective
>>
>>61572818
It's okay, I'll live.
>>
girl i work with says she listens to all kinds of music (radio country and buttrock)
says she loves classical music
can't name a composer. not even mozart.
tell her to listen to dvorak.
according to her it "changes up too much"

she isn't hot either so there's no excuse for her to even exist
>>
>meet /mu/tant at a party a few years ago
>p. cool
>both on MDMA so we talk about /mu/ and music for most of the night
>adds me on Facebook next day
>don't really use Facebook
>get on a month ago
>white guilting
>shilling Bernie hard and posting about how anyone with right winged views to unfriend him
>unfriend him and disable my account

Only person I've ever been in a deep musical conversation with.
>>
>>61573357
post his account so i can add him and then unfriend him for my right winged views.
>>
>>61573394
>implying I'm going to active my account again

naw family
>>
>>61573445
understandable. i hate facebook.
i met a few people from /mu/ in real life though. one was the band members from that band Anamanaguchi or whatever they're called, but they acted like they didn't know anything about 4chan (even though moot was in their video).
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 389x57px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 389x57px
>>
>>61571721
People here care about music. Somewhat at least. Everyone I work with listens to top 40, doesn't listen to music at all, and find all of my music shit. I only know one person that I work with that loves hip hop. Feels good/bad man.
>>
>everyday

please don't tell me you browse /mu/ daily
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.