[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>so desperate for attention that he killed himself because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: nick-drake-tuck-box.jpg (277KB, 1600x1048px) Image search: [Google]
nick-drake-tuck-box.jpg
277KB, 1600x1048px
>so desperate for attention that he killed himself because he wasn't famous enough

Why do we like him again?
>>
I don't like him though
>>
because he's a faggot

something /mu/ can sympathize with
>>
File: cringe-1.jpg (16KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
cringe-1.jpg
16KB, 400x266px
>we
>>
>>61562340
I don't understand why people like his music so much. The guitar is ok, but nothing special. It all seems really boring to me. I tried listening to Pink Moon, couldn't finish it because I literally fell asleep.
>>
Neo /mu/ is awful
>>
>>61562406
this thread is the most obvious example of a reddit tryhard trying to fit in with board culture
>>
>>61562490
Pink Moon and the rest of his songs are just a white guy whining with mediocre guitar playing

Get over it desu
>>
>>61562391
depressed people relate to him because his sort of deadpan and apathetic vocal style combined with the hopelessness of his lyricism reflects what depression feels like
at least i assume that's what it is, personally i've never really been depressed like that so it's all very dull to me
>>
>>61562490
Most of the redditors came here because of the Lemmy sticky. The board has been full of awful threads ever since.
>>
Because he has a nice pink arse
>>
>>61562534
Kill yourself
>>
>>61562582
it's still true
>>
>>61562566
this makes no fucking sense but now that i think about it i have been seeing a lot more ignorant fucktards on here ever since lemmy died
huh
>>
>>61562582

Nah, I'm not a depresed faggot like Nick
>>
>>61562534
I'm not even commenting on the content but rather the delivery

>why do >we like him again?
pathetic
>>
>>61562613
Okay as long we know Nick Drake is god awful
>>
>>61562646
>we
gb2reddit
>>
>>61562602
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>61562678
Nick Drake is still awful at everything musically

Proto-Urban-Outerfitter-core
>>
>>61562706
sure thing reddit
>>
>>61562706
An hero
>>
>>61562361
/thread
>>
Personally, the thing that makes his music so great is how intimate it is. I feel lile he is sitting across the room, staring into the wall and playing guitar and singing. Plus, he's a great guitar player.
>>
>>61562720
It's really awful melodramatic music for "depressed" teenagers

I hope you grow out of this phase soon. I'll keep you in my prayers!
>>
>>61562754
This
>>
Nice job with this bait, it's really gotten me riled up.
>>61562769
FUCK YOU CUNT.
>>
>>61562769
>doesn't understand music is subjective
>calls someone else a teenager
some strong projection there
>>
>>61562555
I tried to blow my brains out twice and I still don't get it. I'd much rather listen to "colorful" sad artists like Jeff Buckley (I used to weep like a bitch to his album "Grace"). Drake is just too black and white for me.
>>
>hating on Nick
contrarians need to kill themselves
>>
File: CAN'T WIPE THE VIPE.jpg (67KB, 614x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WIPE THE VIPE.jpg
67KB, 614x1024px
Epic and quality thread my friends

keep it up
>>
File: 1446768050695s.jpg (7KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1446768050695s.jpg
7KB, 180x180px
>>61562340
>>61562811

>baiting and false flagging this hard
>>
>>61562804
You have shit aim.
>>
>>61562769
Fuck off back to Reddit!
>>
>>61562851
It jammed the first time and my room mate came home the 2nd time. I'll get it right eventually.
>>
>>61562804
Buckley and Drake have nothing in common other than being singer songwriters. What an odd comparison.
>>
>>61562340
Or maybe he had so little happiness in his life, that when the thing he dedicated his life to received no attention he had no motivation to live anymore.
>>
>>61562875
Hopefully someone will do it for you
>>
>>61562801
>>61562803
>>61562856
You know when you first get your guitar and after a month, you think you're good enough so you created these cringeworthy sad folk songs that would make a mime laugh out loud and years later you discover them and destroy them hoping that in due time you'll forget they ever existed.

That's Nick Drake's music!
>>
>>61562875
Good luck I suppose. Err don't do it!
>>
>>61562885
That's the point. To me, Buckley's music is colorful, and Drake's is black and white. They both made sad music, but Buckley's has more life to it. That's why I like it better. I just don't get Drake's style, it's bland to me.
>>
>>61562907
You know when you read your first /mu/ post and after a month you think you're smart enough so you create these cringeworthy pathetic posts and threads that would make even most redditors laugh out loud and years later you discover them in the archive and shit your pants at how childish they are.

That's you posting on /mu/
>>
File: supa-hot-fire-gif-12564.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
supa-hot-fire-gif-12564.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>61563052
Reddit BTFO
>>
>>61562555
I'm not depressed any more and I still like Pink Moon. It just connects with me on an ineffable level. I don't know how you can listen to Parasite or Things Behind the Sun and not be moved emotionally. It has nothing to do with being sad or depressed. The music fills me with a lot of different emotions because of the intimacy of the recording and the sincerity of the songwriting.

Some people on /mu/ like to trash artists like Nick Drake or Kurt Cobain and say that their music is for the edgy and depressed. The fact is everyone alive feels every emotion there is throughout their life. Anyone can connect with their music because everyone experiences the same emotions. I can think suicide is a mistake but I can still listen to Pink Moon or Nirvana Unplugged and empathize with these guys even if I'm not going through the same level of pain as them as I'm listening.

I kind of got off topic there, but someone criticized Nick's guitar playing and it reminded me of how people critique Kurt Cobain the same way. The fact is, people see music differently. To me, the sincerity and emotion behind their melodies is the main show and the guitar playing is just the accompaniment. You don't have to be a virtuoso to make good music
>>
>>61562994
You know, I thought the exact same way you are a year ago. I didn't understand Nick Drake, it was just folk songs. But the more music I listened to, the more I liked Drake. It just clicked and maybe that'll happen to you.
>>
>>61563131
Alright man, I'll give Pink Moon a spin right now.
>>
>>61562907
I know this is a bait thread, but Nick was a much better guitar player than you are giving him credit as.
>>
File: tu.jpg (58KB, 454x480px) Image search: [Google]
tu.jpg
58KB, 454x480px
>>61562340
>"me don't like thing now give me attention"
>implying that your shitty opinions matter
Whoaa you don't like his music, good for you man.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.