[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1416025321773.jpg (26KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1416025321773.jpg
26KB, 400x343px
So as many of you know, just some hours ago a "music journalism insider" posted a thread where he brought P4k's bullshit to light, so apparently all of P4k's best new music are just paid for hype and the reviewers pretty much don't care about the music or even dislike it. This got me thinking for a while and, while listening to some of the albums I own, I realized that pretty much all of them I listened to because of P4k, Fantano, Scaruffi, /mu/ recommendations, etc.. Then the thread comes to mind and I feel like all of the music I'm listening to is utter trash, and the only reason it's given a good score is because it was paid. Sure, I do like all of these albums, love some even, but I feel like I've just been a drone all this time (even though I've disagreed with a lot of reviews in the past) and I feel the same with all the things I've liked (video games, movies, books) and I feel like I can't trust any reviewer for the fear that I'm just listening to overhyped bullshit, even for way older records. Am I just going mad? Because I feel like I've just been fooled all this time. Are there any actual solid reviewers for any medium that isn't getting paid these days? Should I just stick to looking up random shit in bandcamp? Sorry for wasting your time.
>>
File: whoa.png (318KB, 388x496px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.png
318KB, 388x496px
>>
/mu/ is the best source for music

My music : patrician
Your music : pleb

Have a nice day
>>
>>61550817
You need to learn to analyse media and understand the kind of world we are living in in 2016
>>
>So as many of you know, just some hours ago a "music journalism insider" posted a thread where he brought P4k
>P4k
stopped reading there
>>
>>61550817
Understand each reviewers biases and weigh them against your own tastes.
>>
>>61550817
Normies have been listening to overhyped bullshit all their lives and they're fine. Just listen to what sounds good in your ear holes and ignore contrarian assholes that toss out meaningless buzzwords like candy.
>>
>>61550817
He never said fantano was paid just that he didn't like him personally.
Also Scaruffis independent.
>>
>>61550904
P4k is like the onion isn't it?
>>
>>61550817
Why do people read music reviews anyway?

Do you not trust you own opinions or something?
>>
>>61550817
anon just learn how to think critically for yourself. that will help you in so many general areas of life
>>
>>61551059
I will try anon, I just have so little confidence in myself that it gets hard but thanks a lot
>>
>>61551079
have you gone to college? people will probably argue with me but it honestly helps
>>
>>61551209
Actually I'm some months away from finally going to college which is the reason why I'm trying to work on my confidence
>>
>>61551209
college is probably the worst place to go if you want to learn to think for yourself
>>
>>61550817
>so apparently all of P4k's best new music are just paid for hype and the reviewers pretty much don't care about the music or even dislike it

YOU JUST REALIZED THIS?

HOW IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU FUCKS TO THINK FOR YOURSELF?

EDUCATE YOURSELF ON MUSIC AND MAYBE YOU WOUNDN'T HAVE SUCH SHIT TASTE OR BE A DRONE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SHIT OVERHYPED KENDRICK LEMEME WHITE GUILT MONEY MACHINE SHIT AND WHAT REAL ART SOUNDS LIKE
>>
>>61551079
knowledge of the self my brother. You are a god
>>
>>61551239
i disagree. i'm halfway through my third year and nearly every class i've taken so far has prioritized teaching critical thinking before anything else

>>61551226
nice. if you do well, then i'm sure you'll take a lot from the experience.
>>
OP, you also realize that it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING that got BNM is bad, right?
>>
>>61551300
>OP, you also realize that it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING that got BNM is bad, right?

It really does though
>>
>>61551239
>>61551272
also to expand on my post, it's obvious that my professors are very opinionated and have their own personal views of the world, but by teaching us critical thinking skills, they are encouraging us to question their views
>>
What is it you need music reviews for?
>>
>>61550817

Unless you read someone like scaruffi where its all academic/personal opinion you will run into ads pretending to be reviews. This has been going on forever but now if you say journalism is bought out etc, people just call you gamergate and what not.

People want to believe that young thug is hyper-aware and satire for white liberals.
>>
>>61551309
It doesn't mean everything that got best new music sucks.
>>
>>61551387
>People want to believe that young thug is hyper-aware and satire for white liberals.
lol
>>
File: tasteless high level.jpg (102KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
tasteless high level.jpg
102KB, 480x650px
>having one reference to scan for albums you might have missed

Don't even look at the scores on these sites (preferably browse one that doesn't have a score) and use multiple just to look for music rather than for deciding what you listen to
>>
>>61551309
no it doesn't you actual retard

a truly good artist can still pay for ratings and hype if he/she has the money
>>
>>61551394
>>61551452

sorry let me correct myself
just 90% is shilled shit
>>
>>61551452
>a truly good artist can still pay for ratings and hype if he/she has the money

but why would they if they have any artist pride

That doesn't help your case
>>
File: 17ef3d8.jpg (25KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
17ef3d8.jpg
25KB, 600x415px
>>61551552
>pride
>>
>>61550817

>"music journalism insider" posted a thread where he brought P4k's bullshit to light

I didn't read the thread so I might be missing something here but a thread on /mu/ doesn't sound really all that credible. Still, if it would be true it wouldn't really surprise me
>>
>>61550817

Senpai, as far as entertainment goes it doesn't matter if you're a "drone" or not as long as you actually enjoy the stuff you're consuming. Only if you're not and you're still listening to it then something is wrong.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.