[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That mix job >That shitty acoustic tone >That weir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: wtf.png (179KB, 890x639px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
179KB, 890x639px
>That mix job
>That shitty acoustic tone
>That weird background voice at 0:49
>That buzzing at 1:40-1:42
>Rihanna's voice cracking at the beginning

What the fuck??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt0g4dWxEBo
>>
it's to appear more raw OP
mix job is extra shitty though
>>
>>53433936
the voice crack is fine but I'm truly ghana baffled by the background vocals
>>
>>53433944
to pass off that rough gospel style they shoulda added in an old black lady randomly yelling "oh child!" "Oh I SWEAR Babayyyy!"
>>
someone beat me to it, what makes the world go round RAWWWWWWWW
>>
>>53433955
sounds like a dying cat

spooky
>>
>>53433963
I just can't figure out how it adds to the song at all. It's probably the main reason it didn't go straight to #1
>>
>>53433936
Why Rihanna looks like methhead.
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
>>53433977
>[In] like 24 hours, [we recorded] seven songs or nine songs that day. I was like, 'I'm here with Kanye, I'm not gonna waste my time.' They really wanted me to stay for like a week, but I only had like two days, 'cause I was about to start the [Under the Influence of Music] tour.

>He was open to my input, like, 'do whatever you want to do. Here's your mic. Do you need anything?' I'm like 'Awesome! Let's get it!'

>[We were] in Mexico, at this big house. The back of the house had no walls and no doors; it was just open [and facing] the ocean. You would think he would want the mic enclosed and all that but we just had the doors open, and it came out perfect. That inspired me to record like that at the crib.

>Everybody [on his team] is into all the dope shit that's out and they said that my [Beach House] project was one of them.
>You would think he would want the mic enclosed and all that but we just had the doors open, and it came out perfect.
>came out perfect.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6429372/ty-dolla-recording-only-one-kanye-west-rihanna-paul-mccartney
>>
>>53433936
I don't get the purpose of this song?

I feel like they want it to be inspirational? "four to five seconds to...violent?" Am I hearing that right ? Maybe they're trying to make some sort of Trayvon/Ferguson reference ?

Paul McCartney??? Maybe Kanye threw him in there to get "white peoples" attention ?

Oddly enough I enjoy Rihanna singing with a guitar.
>>
>>53433936
Because rihanna would never be as amazing as Aaliyah.
>>
>>53433987
>[We were] in Mexico, at this big house. The back of the house had no walls and no doors; it was just open [and facing] the ocean. You would think he would want the mic enclosed and all that but we just had the doors open, and it came out perfect. That inspired me to record like that at the crib.

Is he describing. . . a patio?
>>
>>53434004
Four five seconds to wildin aka going nuts.
>>
this song sucks

do kanye dickriders even like this? I feel like they wouldn't
>>
wow this is actually fucking painful to listen to wtf how does something like this leave a major studio with this kind of budget
>>
>>53434004
>Now I'm FourFiveSeconds from wildin'
And we got three more days 'til Friday
I'm just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'
I swear I wish somebody would tell me
Ooh, that's all I want

Its just about partying and getting wasted/hungover

http://www.metrolyrics.com/four-five-seconds-lyrics-rihanna.html

Id never affirm the lyrics unless I looked them up first
>>
>>53434031
Kanye rushes songs and has stressed Rick Rubin out countless times

Most of Kanye's Yeezus vocal tracks were done in like a day in one go before he got on a plane

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rick-rubin-details-mixing-kanye-mccartney-collaboration-20150204

http://pitchfork.com/news/55583-rick-rubin-working-with-kanye-on-new-album-talks-yeezus-sessions-with-bbc-1s-zane-lowe/
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/06/14/the-inside-story-of-kanye-wests-yeezus/
>Just two days before the album was supposed to be turned in, five songs still needed vocals. "Don't worry, I will score 40 points for you in the fourth quarter," Kanye allegedly told Rubin. "In the two hours before he had to run to catch the plane [to Milan], he did exactly that: finished all lyrics and performed them with gusto," Rubin said.
>>
>>53433936

Rihanna is trying to emulate Sia's voice cracking, but is sounds like total shit.
>>
>>53434027
kanye dickrider here

no
>>
>>53434027
kanye dickriders don't like this though
>>
The chorus is pretty killer though
>>
>>53433936
wow that really was bad
>>
>>53433936
i never thought Paul McCartney would lookk the coolest standing next to these two chodes
>>
Yesterday I literally went on a rant about how Paul McCartney was not as good as John Lennon and how Rihanna was the worst pop artist of our generation. And now I stumble on this.
>>
>>53434069
more like a P!nk deep cut
>>
>>53433936
I enjoy the track except for the weird background voice, the first couple of times I thought someone was shouting outside or something like that.
>>
nah guys it's "stripped back" and "honest"

why is kanye singing
what is the point of this song at all
I don't get it
>>
>>53434624
>still thinking john lemon was better than paul
>2015
>>
>>53434698
Not only is what he composed in the Beatles much more groundbreaking than anything Paul's ever done (Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds), you should listen to his stuff with Yoko Ono. That beats anything Paul's ever done after the breakup.
>>
>>53434624
>caring enough about music to the point of sperging and raging over it
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

>>53434747
>Lucy in the sky with diamonds
>Yoko ono
>Good
Pick none
>>
I too have a hard time understanding why anyone would prefer Paul to John

The Stawberry Fields / Penny Lane 7" sums up the difference for me

One song is daring, imaginative, clever, dreamlike, evocative
And the other song is nostalgic, dreary, and pleading

Actually I don't mind Penny Lane but it's granny music isn't it
>>
isnt that background vocal is the voice of kanye's child?
>>
The mix and the arrangement are gr8.
Too many kids here too used to polished indie turds.
>>
>>53435585
It's a field recording of Kim's mom queefing
>>
>>53435902
ah come on it's acoustic like the bulldozer hip hop of MBDTF
>>
>>53435959
*but mixed like
>>
that song ssuuuucckkkkssss. its like a shittier version of Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus.
>>
Lennon wouldn't of done this shit.
>>
>>53435424

Wings is a shitload better than Lennon's solo stuff
>>
>>53434027
Eh, it's alright.

Like Cruel Summer level.
>>
>>53436122
15 year old detected
>>
>>53436130
when did people start writing "wouldn't of" unironically
>>
>>53434306
i never thought Paul McCartney would look like an even bigger chode standing next to these two chodes.
>>
I feel kinda sorry for Paul. He released an album and nobody gave a shit so now he's forcing himself into these collabs just to try and force relevance. Just retire in dignity man.

There is no point in him being in this song. He contributes nothing.
>>
Who honestly gives a fuck?
>>
>>53433936
also the lyrics are terrible
why would it take rihanna 6 days to come home from going out drinking? Just take a cab bitch jeez.
(And we got three more days 'til Friday
I'm just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin')

because in the first verse and bridge that's where they indicate she is, although the lyrics are so sparse and trite, trying to figure out what actually is supposed to be happening in the song is difficult
>>
File: 1411491796441.jpg (59KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411491796441.jpg
59KB, 368x500px
Paul looks good for whatever his age is
>>
File: dowehaveapictureofpaulmccartney.png (86KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dowehaveapictureofpaulmccartney.png
86KB, 500x281px
>>53437426
>>
what's the point of this song/only one? did kim suck all of kanyes originality out? the riff seems rushed, the lyrics sound like they were written while sitting on a toilet seat, and the production seems like a really bad attempt at lo fi production, shit this is bad
>>
>>53433944
>>53433936

Vlado Meller's handiwork I'm sure. I don't know why Kanye likes this guy so much.
>>
>>53436165
hell no.
>>
File: mccartney2.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mccartney2.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>53438130
john never topped this
>>
>>53438899
That album was intentionally weird. Also, Coming Up is a legitimately great pop song.
>>
>>53439428
the whole album is legit great
>>
I fucking love the background vox. Only good part of the song.
>>
>>53438899
TEMPORARY
SECRETARY
>>
>>53433936
this album is going to be such a steamy, stinking turd, CAN'T WAIT
>>
>>53433936
>That weird background voice at 0:49

This is the best part of the song...
>>
File: 1392895592782.gif (545KB, 256x199px) Image search: [Google]
1392895592782.gif
545KB, 256x199px
i dont really like this but i think it would have been really funny (if they were actually trying to go fo "lo fi") if they used that tape his sound that is on a bunch of Mountain Goats records. Someone should remix this song and just add the tape hiss. See what happens.

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSQSe-u3lI
>>
>>53439814
bump for good idea, but i wonder if they own that hiss sound
>>
>>53439814
woah, that's an awesome idea
>>
>>53439814
hahaha i like it!
>>
>>53439814
amazing! did you just think of that? wow!
>>
I never thought Kanye would disappoint me but these new songs got me worried
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.