[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Joy Division acccepted on /mu/? If not, what do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Joy-Division-Closer.jpg (85KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Joy-Division-Closer.jpg
85KB, 894x894px
Is Joy Division acccepted on /mu/?
If not, what do you think is a better band that is similar?
>>
>>53329977
Mission of Burma
>>
Yes they are accepted. Bauhaus is better tho
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 208x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 208x249px
Ian's voice reminds me of South Park when Trey Parker sang "Burn Down Hot Topic". Everytime I listen to joy division it reminds me of South Park and I chuckle a little.
>>
>>53329977
This Heat
PiL
Pere Ubu
Chrome
Wire
>>
Like literally all of post-punk.
It's not even funny how much Joy Division pales in comparison.
>>
>>53330086
>that is similar
>>
File: 1417747575251.png (367KB, 497x445px) Image search: [Google]
1417747575251.png
367KB, 497x445px
>>53329977
>Is Joy Division acccepted on /mu/?

Why are you asking other people to decide your taste?
>>
>>53329977
Among the worst music I've ever heard. As soon as I listened to it I went into my Last.fm and deleted the track out of shame and disgust, as if I had just spied on my Grandmother in the shower. Every member of the band should give up playing music and become gumble janitors and food service employees in order to atone for this atrocity. Fuck me, this is by far the worst shit has ever passed through my headphones.
>>
>>53330110
>i'm a faggot
>>
>>53330110
They are all post-punk.
>>
>>53330188
They don't sound anything alike though.
>>
>>53329995
this
>>53330086
good but not very similar sounding
>>
>>53329995
I like both
>>53330086
Will check
>>53330169
I'm not, I just want to know if I can talk about it on /mu/
>>53330173
Not sure if copypasta but I read that in Danny Dyer's voice.
>>
>>53330110
New Order
Echo & the Bunnymen
The Chameleons
Bauhaus
Interpol
>>
>>53330202
They all sound like post-punk to me.
>>
>>53330535
That's because you're a blog baby who listens with what you read and not with your ears.

You're the same person who thinks Pink Flag is a post-punk album.
>>
File: 1417892923799.png (233KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417892923799.png
233KB, 480x480px
>>53330576
>You're the same person who thinks Pink Flag is a post-punk album.
Oh god, this fucking shit.
Pink Flag is straight punk as fuck, it's Chairs Missing and 154 that are post-punk. Every time I see Pink Flag in post-punk charts, and especially when the two other are not present, I get fucking mad inside.
>>
>>53330576
Explain to us how they don't all sound like post-punk.
>>
>>53330677
I didn't say they don't, but none of them sound like Joy Division. You are a music novice who boxes everything into neat little squares. A blog baby.

This Heat and Joy Division are both "post-punk", so they must be similar. Right?

No. They sound nothing alike and have nothing in common.
>>
>>53330770
But they do

They both sound like shit ;ยด}
>>
>>53330873
aHEEEEUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHEEEEEEHEEEEHHHEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA aheh!!!
>>
>>53330770
They are similar. This Heat and Joy Division both played post-punk.
>>
I always wondered why Joy Division became the pillar of Post-punk, was it popularity by the large crowd?
>>
U2
>>
FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING
>>
>>53331259
killed self
>>
>>53331259
>have a bassist who plays most of the hooks
>"Hey, we should call you Peter Hook!"

Really, Joy Division?
>>
>>53330076
Thats because he was trying to sound like Ian Curtis because Goth kids like Joy Division.

It was an Ian Curtis parody among other goth bands
>>
>>53329977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWQDP_7WRP0
Check it out OP
>>
>>53331259
Because they were one of the firsts, accepted in the art scene hugely, critically acclaimed at the time. They were on their way to a full US tour. "Love will tear us apart" was a hit just as "falling in love with someone you shouldnt fall in love with" was to the Buzzcocks. Ian's death cemented their fame.
I dont think anyone was as deep and brooding as they were at the time.
>>
>>53331452
This, also New Order's continued relevance through the rest of the decade made public awareness of Joy Division bigger.
>>
Ian Curtis is accepted in my book for being a QT, no homo ofcourse.
>>
>>53330076
last week my teacher asked me to reccomend him a song to play for the whole class

was a bit of an awkward moment but all i could think to tell him was disorder by joy division

the reactions were all good. one guy even said "i think this is what the goth kids listen to on south park" i was unware of this but found it funny nonetheless
>>
>>53330629
its experimenting with song structure is what makes it more artys and experimental than other punk albums.
>>
>>53330428
>I'm not, I just want to know if I can talk about it on /mu/

Talk about whatever the fuck you want, it's 4chan.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.