[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guitar and Bass General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 32

File: guitar bass general.jpg (518KB, 2951x810px) Image search: [Google]
guitar bass general.jpg
518KB, 2951x810px
>Post pictures of your rig
>Describe dream rig
>How long have you been playing?
>Favorite guitarists?
>Guitar shit you like
>Guitar shit you hate
>What are you listening to now?
>>
File: Gear.jpg (3MB, 5742x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Gear.jpg
3MB, 5742x1650px
After less than a week, I put up my strat for sale today and I'll make a nice profit off of it.

Got an offer for a Deluxe I just can't pass.
>>
File: scope725fxna5.jpg (15KB, 764x500px) Image search: [Google]
scope725fxna5.jpg
15KB, 764x500px
I'll be buying this in a month and running it into my bugera 333 infinium
>>
File: LesPaul.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
LesPaul.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>53307871
didn't you just get that thing?

I just got this Epi Les Paul Custom Pro. Nice change of pace from my usual Ibanez guitars.
>>
>>53309355
You wouldn't happen to have a close up of dat binding would you?
>>
>>53309355
I did, man. But I got it primarily because it was a great deal and I wasn't sure if I was gonna keep it.

Turns out I got a better deal on another strat and I'm gonna sell that one.

On the shit-hole that I live buying and reselling gear for profit is one of the only few ways of building your way through better gear.
>>
what's /gg/ working on today?
what genres do you play and jam with?
what are your habits and mindset for writing music?
>>
>>53309543
>what's /gg/ working on today?
Sultans of Swing. Harder than it appears.
>what genres do you play and jam with?
Blues, blues rock, garage rock, classic rock.
>what are your habits and mindset for writing music?
Fuck around with progressions and record yourself. Listen to it after a few days and see if there's anything in there. If so, work on what you started.
>>
I used a small mixer to minimize my band's setup for a radio performance and as such my guitar goes through 2 effects chain in parallel, with different delay, reverb and mod settings. It sounds so freaking lush, I might want to buy another pedalboard just for this.

My amp setup is already in stereo so it's basically begging me to do it.
>>
Waiting on a Carvin DC727 currently. It was supposed to show up today but the weather delayed the shipping.

Now I just need to get myself a decent amp. Anyone know any cheap tube (or really good SS) combos that would be good for prog rock and hardcore that aren't the usual Peavey/Blackstar stuff?
>>
>>53309543
I switched up to DADF#AD on my acoustic and now I suck even more. There is a lot more room for chord voicing here, though.
>>
File: Ugh.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Ugh.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>53309488
It's atrocious in some spots man. Besides the binding job, the guitar is great. Was tempted to send it back, but upon inspection of other ones, they all had binding flaws.
>>
>>53309543
>what's /gg/ working on today?
Getting better at tremolo picking, trying to learn some jazz
> genres
slacker rock, dream pop, shoegaze, noise rock, that's for my bands and projects. When I jam or practice I try to do classic rock, funk and jazzy stuff
> habits
I jam new chords and stuff by myself and basically only write music with my band. I had a solo project before but I ain't got any time now with uni
>>
File: EffinEpiphone.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
EffinEpiphone.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>53309631
Another
>>
>>53309579
I once ran an Orange and a Fender into a stereo cab with dirt on the Orange and running the Fender clean. I used a stereo delay to split the signal chain and had different delays before each amp. Sounded beautiful.
>>
>>53309663
I hear ya, I do pretty much the same thing.

My guitar goes in my comp, drive, reverb and delay, then I split it with a cheapo splitter, it then goes:
Looper -> Vibe -> Lab Series Amp, on the edge of a crunch
Freeze -> Tremolo -> Jazz Chorus as clean as can be.

I love this setup so much, I'm kinda sad that I'm only able to use it on local shows because we don't have a van.
>>
>>53309717
That setup sounds fun as hell. That does suck, though.
>>
>>53309840
It's ok I guess, once you go stereo it's hard going back to a one-amp setup, but the Lab Series is amazing on it's own and my pedal setup isn't too shabby either.

I really am at the point where I'm not searching for anything that I don't have. I'm very satisfied with my gear. I'll take some nice pics soon for /GG/.
>>
>>53309661
That's a Friday guitar, they didn't scrape enough paint off the body to reveal the first black binding.
>>
>>53309661
>>53309631
That sucks, but from far away it looks awesome, nice axe!
>>
>>53309903
I knew the risk I was taking when I bought Epiphone. Used to have an SG special waaaaaay back when that played surprisingly well.

Also, lining in the micro terror into my scarlett and using cab impulses worked well enough. I sound like im way off time, but here is a test: https://soundcloud.com/the-apotheosis/micro-terror
>>
Poorfag here. Should I get a MIM strat or just save up all the way for a used American one?
>>
>>53310243
At least go MIJ, I never liked a MIM guitar, and I tried a lot. I even prefered some Classic Vibes to the Mex series.

It's weird, but for the majority of the guitars I played, China > Mexico
>>
How do you pick an amp? I mean, I mostly play indie rock, shoegaze, post-rock, math rock and such, and I want to get a new amp but I'm not really sure on which one I should get. Any advice?
>>
>>53310315

Hmm, I think I'll save up for an American then. Thanks. I've only had a Squier but it finally crapped out on me.
>>
>>53310175
It's totally fixable.
watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=TNbsZsSabPs&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=85114404
>>
>>53310355
Yeah, I'm not saying that they're great, I'd save up if I was you. I love some MIJs tho.
>>
>>53310341
Based on your styles, the classic choice would be something Fender.. but a nice Vox and many others could work.

What is your budget? Some tones you like? What do you have now? What do you like/ dislike about it? Do you play with pedals?
>>
>>53308252
> douglas and Bugera
that's actually a pretty killer poverty rig lel, if you ever use it for a live show expect shit from elitist guitariguitaristts who only use EVH 5150' as poweramps for their Axe-Fx XL's and their blackmachine guitars
>>
>>53310363
This looks fairly difficult. No way I'd feel comfortable doing it myself.
>>
>>53310466
My budget is about $500. I own a few pedals and to be honest I always thought pedals could cover up the fact that my amp sucks but apparently they don't. Also, not looking for any particular tone.
>>
>>53310477

niggas can fuck off, for the money bugeras are monster as fuck. their tri-rec sounds better than the damn amp it cloned. they're just built like an IED so you can't get buttblasted if it breaks.
>>
>>53310545
500$ won't get you far with Fender amps sadly. Based on your budget the best bid is used and local, if you live in a decently big city.

There are always some nice weird music stores where you can get some really cool stuff.

Old Silvertone amps, if in good condition are a good thing to look for, some Traynors are amazing and cheap. You should also look at Lab Series, some old Yamaha G series, a Jazz Chorus is cool, but won't crunch at all, and you might want that.

If you want to go major brand, the Fender Blues Deluxe is a bit over your budget, but I always found it underwhelming, maybe an AC50 or something if you can find it cheap enough. A Fender 85 or RocPro are pretty good too.

Sorry if I'm giving you a lot of choices, but with the used market, you have to know what to look for!
>>
File: Snapchat--6188197071260216845.jpg (830KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--6188197071260216845.jpg
830KB, 1080x1920px
>>53309543
> working on
my band is having a small rest, I'm just redoing my tones for my HD500x live use at the moment.
> what genres?
I play in a death metal band but I also do Jazz, punk and some other genres outside of it, I'm thinking of starting a jazz project where it's me on pic related and my brother on drums.
> writing music
showing a riff or section off a song I came up with to my band and we expand on that idea, or for my own electronic stuff I'll write down a drum beat in guitar pro and mess around by rearranging bits of it for fills and build a melody/bassline on top of it.

https://m.soundcloud.com/inertia-the-band (my band, only demos right now, drums are poop)

https://m.soundcloud.com/bionic_rooster/24-01-14a (my own stuff, some of the songs were demos for a vidya game that never got made, some are just simple things or tracks I threw up from so I could relisten to the. Anywhere
>>
>>53307832
>>53307832
Just wondering what you guys think about buying a cheap guitar and then modding it and setting it up yourself compared to just buying a more expensive guitar. also im not huge into tonewoods being important to the actual tone in electric guitars. not that they dont change things but its so minor that it doesnt bother me too much
>>
>>53310843
That's what I did and there are ups and downs.

I had a Squier Duo-Sonic, from the 90s. I changed everything and it now plays like a dream. Does it play better that an equivalently priced guitar, sure, but it will never play like a good luthier made guitar.

It plays and sounds perfect for what I do, but sometimes if I play a nice Gretsch or a nice American guitar I can tell that I'm playing a Squier.

I absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it though!
>>
>>53310824
how's the Schecter? I've been looking at getting a jazz bass for a while, but never found one of those beauties in a store nearby to try out. they always got my attention with the looks.
>>
>>53310918
ok cool. ive been debating with myself since i cant totally afford something super nice outright i though incremental upgrades would be fine.
>>
>>53310974
After a good setuo it plays great, sounds great as well. I had to import mine fro. The USA since I couldn't find one here in Aus (or the dealer would want a ridiculous amoint for it). If you live near a store that is a Schecter dealer see if they can call up an exact model price for youu
>>
>>53310545
The Peavey Classic or Delta Blues sounds like your best bet for a tube amp.
>>
>>53310667
I can't talk smack bout the newer ones but the older ones were classic Behringer trash that would burst in to flames (ttue story)
>>
>>53311332
nah
>>
File: ARROWHEADSARROWHEADSARROWHEADS.png (613KB, 507x509px) Image search: [Google]
ARROWHEADSARROWHEADSARROWHEADS.png
613KB, 507x509px
anyone else own one of these?

order this a couple of weeks ago from musiciansfriend. it's a simple but nice pedal. sounds great for getting rid of some of the muddiness on my VTM-60 on the high-gain.
>>
>>53312552
There's a dude here who owns a Talons OD who also has the Arrows.
>>
>>53312552
I don't understand what it does that a regular volume knob does not.
>>
>>53312782
Are you joking or do you really don't understand what a preamp booster does?
>>
Tfw I feel myself getting better at playing bass but it's because I've just been manipulating fret patterns and not actually thinking about how the sounds should go together based on theory

Is this going to cripple my ability in the future?
>>
>>53310355
Don't listen to that guy. The only "bad" MIMs are the baseline standards Anything above like the classic/classic player/baja series is on par or better than CIJ stuff and worlds apart from china stuff.
>>
>>53312879
Even the MiM Standards are good. Just bad hardware.
>>
File: dsc_7031.jpg (373KB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_7031.jpg
373KB, 3872x2592px
>>53312923
Yeah I like them and for the money I'd take them over a Squier or MIC Fender any day. Some of the limited edition standards can be very nice.
>>
>>53312879

Yeah, I'm gonna go with an American made anyways. After thinking about it, even if I don't like it, I can resell it. Thanks though anon.
>>
>>53313062
>that bridge
wat

>>53312879
Seconding this. I love my MIM HH Strat which is almost 10 years old now. It plays way better than a lot of MIAs I've picked up. It's luck of the draw with what you get, but if you play enough you'll find the one for you. It's about
>>
>>53313688
Some teles have brass saddles for two strings instead of individual saddles
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
Going to put a humbucker pickup in the neck of my Tele. Seymour Duncan 59 vs P-Rails
>>
File: my rig.jpg (762KB, 1383x1037px) Image search: [Google]
my rig.jpg
762KB, 1383x1037px

>Describe dream rig
I guess a Guthrie Govan Charvel signature with a nice JVM410 and a 4x12 to go with that. Although I'm pretty happy with my rig right now, just need a green overdrive pedal and a couple of effects, also to change pickups on my strat so I can use that as well.
9 years
>Favorite guitarists?
Guthrie Govan, Jimmy Page, Nuno Bettencourt, David Gilmour, Jari Maenpaa, Pat Martino, Slash (yes I love his style come at me)
>Guitar shit you like
I'm really into jazz-rock fusion lately, also I really love hard rock, although I'll listen to pretty much everything except -
>Guitar shit you hate
- 80's midnless shred metal, not like malmsteen or vai, but more like michael angelo batio and all that wankery. I also hate metalcore-deathcore and most of djent.
A shit mix of the song we wrote today with my band
>>
>>53313884
>dog_vomiting_on_floor.jpg
>>
>>53310477
Doesn't bother me. At least I can combine el-34s and 6L6s with the bugera and not have to set the bias. That life monitoring system is balls to the walls.
>>
>>53313884
I think there is a single coil-sized humbucker called the little 59 www.seymourduncan. com/products/electric/telecaster/high-output/little_59_for_t/
>>
>>53314122
oh I'm sorry that's for bridge only.
In other news, I have a '59 in this guitar >>53314060 and I can vouch that it sounds really great coil split, so make sure to get a push-pull pot and have someone wire it for you so that it does that. The humbucker tone I actually find too fat, I mostly only use it for leads or for jazz cleans
>>
>>53311491

nah that's true, but the new ones are solid as fuck. It's literally the epiphone/ltd/chapman/etc of amps. Solid, but you have to accept it has some QA issues but the company will send out new ones if it's fucked out of the factory.
>>
>>53313688

glorious vintage saddles is what, m8
>>
>>53313767
>>53314855
Wouldn't intonating that be a proper pain in the dick?
>>
>>53314957

yea, it is
but fenderfags will go great lengths for those buttery 50's bloos tonez. they do sound nice, though. same with brass nuts.
>>
>>53314957
Not that bad, but yeah, it's not ideal
>>
File: 2guitarsvertical[1].jpg (225KB, 480x531px) Image search: [Google]
2guitarsvertical[1].jpg
225KB, 480x531px
>>53314957
>>53315092
>>53315110
This guy makes saddles to properly intonate those old style bridges. I've been meaning on buying his Dano version.
>>
File: 1419471894952.png (38KB, 214x173px) Image search: [Google]
1419471894952.png
38KB, 214x173px
best sustain pedal?
>>
>>53315504
Want sustain? Turn up the volume knob you wimp.
>>
>>53315611
best sustain pedal for a wimp?
>>
>>53315504
boss cs-3
you'll need a noise gate tho
>>
>>53315747
no, I want noise; I want nasty feedback; I want abrasiveness.
>>
I've got a Fender Jazz Bass 66'. It's perfect
>>
>>53315808
pics
>>
>>53315774

any fuzz oedal basically

look at the cloven hoof or hoof+reaper by earthquaker
>>
>>53315774

Maybe a Big Muff would work. They help with sustain and can sound pretty gnarly when fully engaged. I recommend the one with Tone Wicker.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DboCBmjuBxg

why is this shit so hard ;_;
>>
File: Tele_AC30.jpg (51KB, 697x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tele_AC30.jpg
51KB, 697x523px

>Describe dream rig
Maybe a Plexi or Twin Reverb

10 years

>Favorite guitarists?
Peter Frampton, The Edge, Matthew and Caleb Followill, Eric Johnson, David Gilmour, lots of others

>Guitar shit you like
Tasteful tone and parts, really dig rotating speakers when done right

>Guitar shit you hate
Usually everyone at guitar center, stupid shred metal, metalcore pussies basically all that faggotry, and college "guitarist" party guys.

The Crusaders
>>
File: amp_pedals_rig.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
amp_pedals_rig.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53316457
>>
>tfw trying to learn actual music theory after just playing tab
i think i have brain problems
>>
>>53316629
Just takes a little practice, more helpful for songwriting than playing I've found.

Depends on what you do though, I think it's a great investment if you have the time
>>
File: _c291958_image_0.jpg (217KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
_c291958_image_0.jpg
217KB, 700x511px
went into my local cash converters today (for non australians it's a franchised pawn store) and saw a glorious looking jackson king V for about $200. i'm tempted to buy it. might sell my boss metal zone for some extra cash towards it. are the king V's as good as they look? (never owned one before)f
>>
>>53316724
>metalzone

Well anon we were all 13 once
>>
>>53316751
i was once a shit kid and bought a metalzone i admit it
>>
>>53316765
If you're considering metal I would go with a Jackson Dinky, V's are overrated imo
>>
>>53316798
i want another metal guitar besides my thunderhorse and a "future" 7 string. i just thought it was a super cheap 2nd hand and i do like V's
>>
>>53316861
200 bucks why not
>>
>>53316886
maybe. i'll see how my next paycheck is. i also need to save cash for my US trip so i can buy pedals and maybe a 7 string as it is cheaper there than here
>>
Been finding it a lot harder to find nice Maple fretboards on Fenders recently, played a buddy's American Special Strat the other day and my fingers felt like they were sliding across plastic.

Anyway, anyone got tips on how to add a funkiness or groove to jazz playing? I've only recently delved into the style of playing but I can already feel myself getting to self indulgent and wankey with it.
>>
>>53316950
Rosewood master race, bro.

Maple looks best on Fenders, but Rosewood just feels right.
>>
>>53316950
listen to some Nile Rodgers stuff, great funk player, not flashy but tasty

Look into percussive playing too, higher chord voicings and be very familiar with "odd" notes you can throw in pentatonic scales to be funky
>>
>>53316974
Same, rosewood just feels incredibly natural on my fingertips.

>>53316983
Thanks for the rec and tip.
>>
File: rig.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
rig.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
✓
>Describe dream rig
Hm...maybe an AC30 with 2x10s or a Fender Vibroverb.

No dream pedalboards really, just ones that I think would be cool. I do like having octave up effects and pitch shifting available.

Hm, so like a cool pedalboard would be a

ALL RED
Germanium Fuzz Face > Digitech XP-100 > Ekko 616

Digitech XP-100 has a built in tuner, as well as wahs, EKKO 616 can do what little modulation I like.

Or!
Palisades > Eventide H9 > Eventide H9
I just don't like super expensive pedalboards

I don't really have dream guitars, just whatever I have or whatever feels best in my hands but I guess it'd be cool to have one of those three pickup sgs.

8 or 9 years? I forget

>Favorite guitarists?
Ichirou Agata, Nick Reinhardt, Nels Cline, Bill Frisell, Les Paul, Jimmy Page, Otomo Yoshihide

>Guitar shit you like
I like that really thick and creamy fuzz sound you can get from a fuzz face or by boosting an amp, I also like octave up effects and glitchy tracking, also I like plugging straight into an amp and just playing with that, I also like when my bassist and I make chords with our feedback

Oh and Iike opening up pedals seeing what they look like inside and customizing them in ways that make them more personal

>Guitar shit you hate
Scooped mids, Elitism in regards to gear, bands that sound like pavement but aren't pavement (sorry I'm just bored of it)

room silence and keyboard typing
>>
>>53317034
Go for that AC30, best purchase I've made besides a Big Sky

>inb4 Strymon elitist
>>
is there a better way to improve my timing then just grinding scales or other exercises to a metronome?
>>
>>53317086
Play with people! Or backing tracks on youtube
>>
>>53317086
practice in general with a metronome. You will get better at it with time.
>>
>>53317105
>tfw no one to jam with
>>
File: IMG_20131020_152152.jpg (434KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131020_152152.jpg
434KB, 1600x1200px
>>53317076
I've owned one in the past, I don't really miss it though, not because of it's aesthetics I loved that. Changing tubes was a pain in the ass and I carrying 90lbs everywhere was not fun either.

I forgot to add in my post that the ac30 would have to come with a roadie/techie too

Also, I'm not gonna knock you for your preferences, as long as you don't knock me you know?

Real recognizes real
>>
>>53317124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUoQ5J9SUhM

>tfw I've probably listened to every backing track on here
>>
>>53317137
It's so goddamn heavy, thats my issue with it. I find it to be very fitting for what I do at least

Strymon makes cool stuff for too much money, I've simplified my board recently. I know what you mean though some people take gear snobbery to the next level
>>
>>53316950
>>53316983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1d227_4ac
>>
Fender Deluxe Reverb > AC30.

Just sayin'.
>>
>>53317200
I think I might try a Vox AC30 VR and if it's loud enough to keep up with my band modify it to look like my old ac-30.

My current amp is 100 watts SS, so I'm not afraid not having enough power.

Now a 30 watt hybrid amp is another question.

What's your board look like?
>>
>>53317250
All depends on what you're doing with it
>>
>>53317250
I could gig and be alright with either although I'd want an extension cab for the deluxe since I don't think 2x10s would fit in there comfortably and I find 10" speakers to be the perfect speaker for the type of gigs I play
>>
>>53317267
My rig is posted a little earlier, right before the flying v post

You can kinda see my board in it, have you looked into an AC15? There's not much clean headroom but the top boost is killer. Then again when I think clean I think fender
>>
ampeg svt 8x10
hartke lh1000

kramer striker 700st
>>
whats low-end amp decent for ty segall sort of fuzzy garage shit?
>>
>>53317407
Orange tiny or dark terror
>>
File: ped.png (576KB, 875x344px) Image search: [Google]
ped.png
576KB, 875x344px
>>53317332
I'm kind of finished with Tube power sections, I had a mesa that sounded great but was a pain in the ass to maintain and carry.

Do you have any other pictures of your board?

>this in an ac-30 effects loop with a treblebooster infront
>>
File: pedals_update.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
pedals_update.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>53317494
Just for you anon

Usually run into AC30 and Goodsell Custom 33 in stereo
>>
>>53317574
Very tasteful!

Is that a Superfuzz clone to the left of your ts?
>>
>>53317574
If not the Goodsell sometimes a Princeton for those fender cleans

I don't have too much of an issue with tubes, and I've gigged both extensively, maybe look into a guitar rig DI kinda thing?

Not sure on the fuzz I'm borrowing it from a friend right now, all I know is it's super nasty. It might be a byoc live at leeds
>>
File: 60115-front-horz-img.jpg (50KB, 1000x373px) Image search: [Google]
60115-front-horz-img.jpg
50KB, 1000x373px
Thinking of buying the new Suhr classic T Pro model. No shitty reliving, extremely high quality build, setup, and pickups, and the silent single coil system. 2k. What do you guys think? It's a lot of dough but it's a great Axe that I'll use forever. I can't decide if I should get the version with a humbucker in the neck
>>
>>53317701
I have a 72 custom with the humbucker in the neck and I personally love it, if you're going for country I'd go single coil, otherwise probably the bucker.

Nice guitar and would serve you well, have you looked into king bee guitars by chance?
>>
>>53316724
That photo isn't a King V. They're decent, the bolt on versions tend to be neck heavy though.
>>
File: mugear.jpg (347KB, 708x865px) Image search: [Google]
mugear.jpg
347KB, 708x865px
>muh gear
>>
>>53317786
Solid rig I like it, it's not all muh metal and speed demon shit. You can actually play relevant music with this
>>
>>53317648
Nah man I do fine with my solid state, Just saying if I go back to tubes it'll be a hybrid or I'll have roadies/tech people to help deal with that shit
>>
>>53317742
I feel like country can be played entirely on the bridge pickup. In fact, the vasty majority of classic tele tones can be achieved either with the bridge pickup or both pickups in parallel. I do enjoy the round plinkiness of the standard neck single, but I feel like a humbucker there will allow me to play any type of music.

bridge single: super clean, tight, and spanky
neck humbucker: fat, warm, mellow
>>
File: 2014-08-31 13.59.27.jpg (287KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-31 13.59.27.jpg
287KB, 1024x576px
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Gothic Explorer
Ibanez K-7 (with Bare Knuckle Painkiller and Holy Diver)
ESP SV Standard

Marshall JCM2000 DSL50
Marshall 8100
Marshall 1960AV
AxeFX II XL

Selling the Ibanez and ESP to help fund a new motorcycle, don't like selling guitars, but gotta do what you gotta do.
>>
>>53317834
It's a running joke between the guys I work with about seriously paying someone $20 to rig up our gear.

It gets old hauling, but hey it pays the bills and gets me compliments!

I bet your back is loving that solid state lmao
>>
>>53317701
>>53317742
Of course, I'm 95% sure it's routed for a humbucker so I can change it at any time.
>>
>>53317852
If you're going for an overall guitar for everything I'd get the bucker

If you're chasing that tele tone go for the traditional, either way I think you'll be happy my man
>>
>>53317888
Yeah but the thing is it's not the amp that pays the bills it's your fingers.

If I had to sell my amp and get a new one it would either be a hybrid or a modeler.

>>53317870
What power amp do you use with your AxeFX?
>>
File: sheeit.jpg (44KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
sheeit.jpg
44KB, 597x597px
>>53318017
>Yeah but the thing is it's not the amp that pays the bills it's your fingers.

So true actually
>>
File: Liverigq32014.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Liverigq32014.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>53318017
At this point in time I run it into the effects return on my DSL50. I'll be swapping it to KT-77 or 6550 at some stage.

I've used Matrix and VHT poweramps too, buy yeah.
>>
>>53318060
But what matters most is that you're happy with the way it responds to your playing, if you are then you're fine where you are.

Maybe neodymium speakers can help lighten the load though if the weight is really an issue.

I just live up 2 flights of stairs, play basements, shitty bars, diy venues, during all types of weather, and have to fit my gear and my bassist's gear in a mazda 3.

Your amp more than any other piece of your gear needs to fit into your life IMO

Right now I'm in a skronky punk trio, sometimes playing to people who aren't really into our sound.
>>
>>53318117
Interesting, never heard of people running it into amp heads but then again I don't really know many people using axe fx. Is there a reason you don't just get a normal power amp?
>>
>>53318154
I live in an apartment too and my neighbor below me tends to get pissed, but it's not like I'm being a dick and playing past 7pm. All the other neighbors don't mind if I crank it maybe once every other week.

Man for what you're doing I think solid state would be the way to go, just eliminates alot of worry too. Or hell get an old used DSL50 or 100 combo for like 500 bucks
>>
File: Pedalboard.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Pedalboard.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>53307832
Newest version of the board. Still setting up the final cables, last one comes tomorrow
>>
>>53317888
>>53317834
>tfw love the sound of my 4x12 but it weights 102lbs
>>
>>53318228
haha yeah, I mean, there was a time where I was doing exercises with my AC30. The amp can't always get lighter but I could get stronger...

The Yamaha G100ii 210 is really worth the praise it gets.
>>
>>53318303
>tfw if I had the funds and space for it I would get Hiwatt heads and full stacks
>>
Yall need to learn the ways of the master shane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsCZyZBHGDI
>>
>>53318329
Hiwatt makes some good combos...

But what do you want a hiwatt for? Clean sound or ...?
>>
>>53318329
>full stacks
I'd make fun if i also didn't have an excessive setup but full stacks are so unneeded these days. dat stage feel though
>>
>>53318327
>Yamaha G100ii 210
i played through one of these about a year ago. i for the longest time thought they were low end cheap amps but was very surprised. cool little combos. wouldnt mind having one myself
>>
>>53318379
essentially this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKtgWx6e0hs

Is it practical by any means? Absolutely not, but just ripping some chords with 3 of those bad boys cranked up would be quite the experience
>>
>>53318436
skip to 7:30 in and see one of my favorite memories as a kid watching this with my dad
>>
File: 2014-06-08_16.24.41.jpg (125KB, 1159x999px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-08_16.24.41.jpg
125KB, 1159x999px
>>53318190
Originally it was a money thing honestly. I couldn't afford 1.5-2k for a good tube rack power amp. The Mossfet units (Matrix), are cool, but not for the sound I want.

I have two banks for all my live patches, one for EL34s and one for 6L6s. The big bonus is I can have the TS-9 and Decimator sitting in front of the amp, so if the AxeFX were to ever go down I can jump straight into the heads preamp.
>>
>>53318484
ive never had issue with the SS power amps ive used like older sunn or traynor ones. ive played through a modern mesa one too and it didnt blow the others away. this is of course all personal preference but i dont think i could personally justify dropping 2k on just a power amp
>>
File: 20141130_150512.jpg (1MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
20141130_150512.jpg
1MB, 2340x4160px
My rig. I'll be replacing the Rocktron with a Matamp GT1 at some point.
>>
File: pompeii_effects.jpg (67KB, 430x345px) Image search: [Google]
pompeii_effects.jpg
67KB, 430x345px
>>53318436
Oh man do I have good news for you. David sets his Hiwatt clean and uses a silicon fuzz face in this video for his dirt sound (using the volume knob to vary the amount of distortion)

So all you'd need to cop these tones are a high headroom clean amp (maybe solid state), WEM 4x12 cabinet or clone (which is of course close mic'd), a silicon fuzz face, vox wah, de-armond volume pedal, and an echoplex clone with preamp circuitry (like the catalinbread belle epoch)

Pretty easy set up to duplicate
>>
>>53318535
nice. ive been wanting to try one of those teles cuz they seem pretty neat to me. are those the regular orange 4x12s or the HP ones?
>>
>>53318537
Yessir, I can copy it pretty well with my rig! If I could only count the hours I've read about David's rig.... Really the only reason I keep my strat around is for Gilmour or Mayer stuff
>>
>>53318561
Loving the tele. Has legit custom shop pups. And they're both the regular sized 4x12s. Don't like the smaller ones.
>>
File: 2nj94xg.jpg (496KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2nj94xg.jpg
496KB, 1600x900px
>>53318531
Nothing wrong with solid state poweramps, I use them a lot, but for my guitar I just don't feel quite the same in room.

Typically what I'll do is slave my AxeFX into someone elses head, main reason I have an EL34 and 6L6 setup for my main patches.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ZmGC86uzQ

>tfw I will never have this set-up
>>
>>53318588
the ppc4x12hp is a deeper cab that has gk12 100s instead of v30s. good to hear about the tele though.
>>
>>53318426
Yup, the Parametric eq makes fitting in a live mix or finding that missing thing very easy when you're on stage. Just turn the frequency knob. It's loud as fuck too which is great, although my band doesn't try to be too loud.

The louder you are the more you sound like shit in a DIY space or a place without a proper sound guy.

>>53318579
Yeah man, I love fuzz faces, never owned one though, maybe that's what I should spend my tax return on.
>>
>>53318619
Yeah I'm a dummy sorry yeah all 8 of my speakers are v30's lol.
>>
>>53318621
They actually make a mini fuzz face these days, I don't know if it sounds any different but I think the components are the same.

If I had to get another fuzz it'd be analogmans sun face
>>
>>53318643
>analogmans sun face
this is a lovely fuzz

>>53318621
>>53318643
but yea, there are a lot of fuzz face clones pedals out there. pretty sure the fuzz face is a simple circut so i doubt spending money for a vintage one it worth it
>>
>>53318643
>>53318654
I like the big ones haha, I might build one into a boss enclosure though, I like junky looking stuff
>>
is it still uncool and played out to run chorus on my bass?
>>
>>53318676
nah, do what you want.
>>
>>53318662
>buys custom shop strat
>c-can you guys put a squire logo on it?
>???
>profit
>>
File: Vagiantentinel-r.jpg (214KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
Vagiantentinel-r.jpg
214KB, 1032x581px
>>53318643
>>53318654
Not that guy, but an analogman sunface is on my to-do list. I got these two a couple months back, the black one is a real niche sound, but the pink one is one of the best fuzz pedals I've ever owned.
>>
File: guutars.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
guutars.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>53318685
haha nah, I'd just buy the squier, especially since we're living in a golden era of guitar manufacturing.

I'd proudly rock a squier if I needed one. Here are my guitars, two of which I got for free right after I sold a bunch to afford the star caster
>>
>>53318710
squiers totally have their place. bass player from a band i used to be in had a squier P with swapped pickups and everyone loved it. whats up with the wiring on the tele/esquire?
>>
>>53318710
I've stopped buying guitars and related gear in order to save up for a Rhodes or Nord Electro actually

I've played some squires that absolutely rock, once you reach that certain level you sound like you no matter what the guitar is. Granted it's a hell of alot easier with a set-up guitar haha
>>
>>53318740
1. Radio
2. Radio + Bridge
3. Bridge

I try not to post my gear too much because I don't want to flood these threads with pictures that I've already posted.
>>
>>53318710

What's the guitar on the left? It looks awesome.
>>
would any of you guys be willing to tab out the bassline in a song? I'm new and suck at identifying notes but really want to learn it.
>>
>>53318755
theres a radio in the guitar? lol wut?
>>
>>53318751
Yeah a set up, maybe a pick up swap and if the tuners are really shitty new tuners. I'm convinced I could make it work with any guitar.

Tuners aren't always a necessary change though if you learn to tie your strings so they lock and you use pencil graphite in your nut.

>>53318770
It's a teisco covered in paint primer

>>53318780
sure thing buddy

>>53318783
Yup
>>
>>53318802
Thanks anon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyh9BJpFjY
>>
>>53318802

Good. That means it comes in pretty paintjobs instead of... That.
>>
>>53318802
this is my personal feeling as well. as long as the guitar is built well enough and i throw some pickups i like in it, im good to go. usually way cheaper than a high end guitar.
>>
>>53318832
Haha I think it looks cool, also if I ever get tired of it I can paint it and it's ready to go

>>53318842
Yup, people said all the same shit about japanese guitars that they now say about chinese guitars, atleast according to the shop owners that I know.

Gotta jam econo
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.