[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that if you multitask with music, you're a pleb.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 5.23.jpg (57KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
5.23.jpg
57KB, 640x426px
Daily reminder that if you multitask with music, you're a pleb.
>>
File: 1419968303834.gif (475KB, 275x216px) Image search: [Google]
1419968303834.gif
475KB, 275x216px
>>53169971
>>
>>53170097
Daily reminder that you're a fucking samefag, and a pleb
>>
>>53170126
>being this wrong
>>
>>53170147
S T O P S A M E F A G G I N G
>>
browsing mu while listening to music is as pleb as it gets. everyone that posts in those "post what you're listening to" threads is a huge pleb.
>>
>>53170396
>>53170194
>>53170147
>>53170126
>>53170097
>>53169971
>>
File: 1422058658654.gif (1MB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
1422058658654.gif
1MB, 250x213px
>>53170396
But browsing 4chan doesn't take any brainpower away from your music listening, unless you're a moron.
>>
>>53170493
but it does. in fact I would go so far as to say that once it does suck your brain power away, it keeps it and locks it in a box far away from human civilization
>>
>>53170493
the true face of a moron is the unwillingness to accept that you don't care about your music because you don't devote your full attention to it

anything short of basic bodily fuction is distractive by nature
>>
>>53170194
see >>53170147
>>
>>53170607
it's the same argument that I get from runners that jog with music

they either want to be distracted by the music (using not appreciating) or they think that running is such a mundane activity that it doesn't hinder listening

in either case there is no full attention and thus there is no full appreciation

it's like going to a theater and using your phone for the entire movie. did you really watch the movie? why shouldn't every other theater patron think you're the idiot.
>>
>>53170808
Jogging/riding bikes is the way to appreciate music
Much better than listening in the dark.
>>
>>53170951
maybe for someone with adhd
>>
>>53171015
Maybe for a normal/smart person who knows you get distracting thoughts in the dark
>>
>>53169971
Daily reminder that if you legit think this you are not a pleb but merely a walking cess pool of genes
>>
>>53171040
That is to say that listening in the dark is the only way. I hardly ever do that.

My argument isn't that you should focus solely on what you hear, but rather that active listening is very rare today and that's sad.

People take it for granted. Records weren't very portable and that made people put effort into the process. That's all I ask, put effort into what you're listening to.
>>
>>53170808
Running/walking is pretty mundane. Do you count your fucking footsteps? I can easily focus on music, hell even podcasts, while running/walking.
>>
>>53171202
when I run I focus on my form and what my body is telling me and I run outside exclusively so I avoid not stepping on shit that will make me fall and not getting hit by traffic

as for walking, I guess that's up to the individual, but I'd say it's unnecessary and leads to over-stimulation.
>>
>>53169971
why would i ever not desire to be a "pleb" according to people on /mu/?
>>
>>53171306
hey i gotta get people to respond to a serious question somehow
>>
>>53171306
why even browse here you self hating cuck
>>
>>53171177
Legit retarded as fuck wow

Human bodies aren't made for sitting still, there is a reason people are inclined to dance when music is on, and why people enjoy dancing to music

This is because movement = energy. By sitting still and "actively" (This is what you call it) listening to music you are actually listening inefficiently.

I repeat end yourself nigga you are a fucking embarrasment
>>
>>53171354
lmao
watching angry little fags like you shitpost is funny
fairly current music news
sharethreads
>>
>>53170045
Your thoughts ain't my thoughts! Your thoughts ain't my thoughts!

Bitch I'm flowing straight from the survivor scrolls.

CUT THAT BITCH OFF. Next calla
>>
>>53171343
>serious
>question
wat

all i saw was some stale, generic "daily reminder... pleb" shitpost/bait
>>
>>53169971
>not listening to your low-effort albums during homework/reading/running/browsing /mu/

There are those albums that I listen to a lot. I can sing along without any effort. I dance to them. Those are like safety blankets, they help me reduce anxiety and help me cope. I'm familiar enough with them that I can enjoy them anytime.
Examples: Any Kanye, Illinoise, Ys, James Blake s/t, Demon Days, the Suburbs
Generally low- to mid-brow music, tbh.

Then there are albums that aren't at that level because of at least one of the following:
unfamiliarity
too intense
too high-brow/intellectual
those are albums that require attention. I find jazz and classical to be here for longer than anything else.

So, it depends on the music. Nothing wrong with multitasking with your musical woobie.
>>
>>53171477
No it fucking doesnt, its just bullshit

Anyone that claims that you need to be listening to music as an exclusive activity in order to do it right is just fucking retarded and scientifically wrong
>>
>>53169971
autism
>>
>>53171518
>concerts
>there for the performance of the music
if "hurr durr activity"

>classical concerts
>sit in a chair and listen/watch
>>
>>53171370
This. Whenever I listen to some jazz I just want to get up and move my arms and sway my head. A large part of enjoying music is to feel and react to it organically.
>>
>>53171600
>classical concerts
>not a near extinct breed for good reason
>"cultural mistakes made in the past should be upkept because muh culture"
>"because one genre works like this all should"
>plus minus 1hour concerts are more intense on the feet than 3hour+ plays

Just a minor list of things you are implying with that footnote
>>
>>53171471
well I wouldn't get any response if I phrased it as a question

>>53171370
so what you're saying is that we shouldn't be pushing the limits of what we are capable of as human beings? for the sake of progress

also I may have called the first name, but that was only for first attention. So many half-intelligible posts ruined by calling me a retard. I never asked you to kill yourself based on your views. You may be on 4chan but you're part of the problem with it. I'm only looking for a discussion and you're just giving me fallacies.

>>53171477
Why should you afford any attention to "low effort" music? Also I believe large swaths of the population believe instrumental music is more passive and boring (wrongly), and that creates problems for the music community as a whole.

>>53171518
Overstimulation.
>>
>>53172153
>Why should you afford any attention to "low effort" music?
because it entertains
the point of music
>>
>>53172308
entertainment is a fortunate side effect of art
>>
you guys have not given me any convincing arguments except that you hate me for not conforming to a cancerous pursuit.

you take it for granted. if you had to sit in a chair and listen to it, would you? would you listen to everything that you currently listen to it?
>>
>>53172522
If you've actively listened to it once, why can't you put it on in the background during future playthroughs?

Also, who are you to say what is the proper way to listen to and enjoy music? It's subjective and you know that.
>>
>This whole thread
>Trying to debate something with a Namefag

Shame on all of you /mu/. You should know better.
>>
>>53172322
You're a dipshit.
>>
>>53173199
>/mu/ ever failing to reply to an obvious shitpost bait

here, watch this:
>>>53173303
>>
>>53173251
wow, I really stumped you there. Didn't I, sport?

>>53172849
I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but I prescribe to the notion that everything is okay in moderation. if something is taken from you, you learn to appreciate it more.

this is discipline 101
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.