[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /taperecorder/ here? what do you have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: tascam_414_MKII_BIG.jpg (113KB, 1708x945px) Image search: [Google]
tascam_414_MKII_BIG.jpg
113KB, 1708x945px
who /taperecorder/ here? what do you have?
>>
>>53140723
tape modulation, listening, or traditional recording?
>>
>>53140723
How much did you cop that for? I've been trying to get a 414 mkII for awhile, but the prices on ebay are insane. Is it worth waiting for the price to drop?
>>
File: tascam-porta-07-240294.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tascam-porta-07-240294.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>53140760
Everything man

>>53140764
I don't have that, it was just what came up on Google. I have a Tascam Porta07 and I'm just getting used to it at the moment. It's really fun but I already feel quite limited with just 4 tracks and no stereo bounce down (I don't think)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxi7RwFSKEg#t=159

This is cool
>>
Bumpy
>>
anyone know any off brands I can get instead of a tascam/fostex one?preferablly one with pitch control. the prices on these things fuckin shot up so much I should have bought one months ago
>>
buying a 424 mkii on ebay right now
>>
>>53140723
I have a portastudio mk2 02, it's pretty terrible. The headphone out has so much noise it's not even funny. Does anyone know if my unit is broken or do they all have an insane amount of noise. It's not the tape either since the line out isn't that noisey.
>>
>>53143481
clean yr tape heads
>>
A Panasonic of some sort. It's not multitrack, but if I have an incomplete idea, or I just want that sweet hiss, it's my go-to machine.
>>
>>53143645
I don't think it's the heads because I only get noise when I listen through the headphone jack.
>>
>>53140723
I have the exact one you posted, it's pretty good
>>
>>53143932
does it record 4 tracks simultaneously?
>>
>>53143976
yep. You can record 4 tracks in mono or use 1&2 and 3&4 to do stereo. I'm pretty happy with it, the pitch control is pretty cool too. I think it's the same 4 track that ween used when they were recording their early lo-fi albums
>>
File: DSCN1053_sm.jpg (776KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1053_sm.jpg
776KB, 1152x864px
>>53143251
I've got a Yamaha MT100II (pic related) and it's pretty full-featured. DBX noise reduction, stereo EQ, 1x/2x speed switch, and a pitch control slider. It's also got one aux send and a stereo return which is very useful for mixing in a bit of reverb during the mixdown.
>>
File: fostex.jpg (114KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
fostex.jpg
114KB, 400x267px
>>53140723
Fostex x-18
similar to pic but even shitter.
It really sucks I would recommend getting just about any other tape recorder over this one unless it's like ~50$
>>
>>53144376
that's a lot of cables
>>
>>53145587
Usually they're all neat and organized; It's only after a recording session where it turns into a giant mess like that.
>>
been wanting to get into something like this where should I start of been producing bleeps on the pc for about 2 years and want some hardware
something like this >>53144376
but I dont even know how to set shit up and what wires I need somebody point me in the right direction
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shyGIwfPN5Q
has anyone done this? i wanna get one and try it just for messing around but im sure i'll break it (in a way i dont want to)
>>
What's the best 4 track for lofi recording for under about $80?
>>
>>53146831
fuck, left that exact one go on craigslist w/ mic for $30. shoulda grabbed it
>>
>>53140723

Wow man, I had one of those when I was a kid and used to make crazy mix tapes with it
>>
>>53143899

Could be the headphone jack got jerked around and something isn't connecting properly. The headphones are fine when they're plugged into something else?

If you're feeling adventurous you can try to take it apart and see if there is any obvious damage to the headphone jack
>>
>>53146831
if you're not a fucking retard you should be able to do this easily.
>>
>>53146699
Most synths/drum machines and the like are going to use mono 1/4'' audio cables. Pretty much any 4-track recorder/mixer/audio interface will take 1/4'' cables.
>>
>>53147128
well uh...
>>
File: Tascam464.gif (2MB, 233x416px) Image search: [Google]
Tascam464.gif
2MB, 233x416px
Cool this thread might be able to help.

Essentially my 464 stopped responding to me pressing record+play, play, rewind, and fast-forward. However, when I hold down play+record when I turn it on I get this sequence of lights. Any idea what the issue is?
>>
>>53147148
and then I just plug in the audio cable into the back of my comp?
>>
>>53147291
Download the user/service manual and check to see if it makes any mention of a similar light sequence in the troubleshooting section.
>>
File: aux2rca[1].jpg (177KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
aux2rca[1].jpg
177KB, 1500x1500px
>>53147338
Yes, but the output from the 4-track is likely going to be RCA, and the line-input on the back of your computer is probably 3.5mm. You can get RCA to 3.5mm converter cables like pic related for pretty cheap on websites like amazon, though.
>>
What's the best thing to use to make mixtapes?
>>
>>53147359
I have it and there's nothing mentioning it.
>>
>>53147453
You could try asking on the tapeheads.net forum, then.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
I want one
>>
>>53146831
Just grab a couple from a thrift store. I've seen some go for like $5, so it's not a big deal to trash it. Plus if you've got 2 you can just record 2 different takes of the same phase, 1 on each recorder, and bounce it to a master for some crazy phasing
>>
Somebody spoonfeed me and tell me what I can do to start recording with tape recorders

if not that, then can anybody at least tell me how you transfer the contents of the tape to a computer? Or does this device actually let you edit the recording?
>>
Sony TC-D5 PRO II

Haven't really used it yet. I think it's meant to be portable, since it comes with that neato carrying case.

Ignore the shitty speakers. I ain't bringin my monitors to college
>>
>>53147613
>does this device actually let you edit the recording?
yes but it involved splicing tape which is a gigantic bitch (especially with small tape like cassettes) so it's best to avoid having to do that.

Tape to PC transfer just involved hooking the stereo output from the 4-track to the line-input on your PC with one of these cables >53147402 and recording it in Audacity.
>>
>>53147402
ok ok ok very good now if I want to do something like this >>53144376
I have to take the audio cable that is coming out of the tape recorder plug it into let's say a guitar pedal, then get another audio cable aND plug it into the comp?
>>
>>53147700
Why would you plug the mixed down output from the 4-track into a guitar pedal? Usually you'd run whatever piece of gear through the guitar pedal and then record that to an empty track on the 4-track, THEN mix that down into your computer.

The output cable style from the guitar pedal would most likely be 1/4'' though, so if you still want to record the output directly from the pedal you'd need a 1/4'' to 3.5mm adapter.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.