[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything closer to selling out in "indie"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

Is there anything closer to selling out in "indie" than this?

Don't even hit me with "he's doing it ironically" bullshit, either. I expected Pitchfork to be this detached from the real world, but not Panda Bear.

:(
>>
He was barely "indie" in the first place.
>>
>>52640672
>selling out in "indie"
Is agreeing to do an interview "selling out?"
Why should we care about some bullshit "indie credibility?" Focus on the music, not irrelevant bullshit.

It's not like Domino is some fucking indie haven.
>>
>>52640672
he was always sold out, the second you release an album to be bought and sold you sell out and are in it for the commercial gain.
>>
>>52640726
>he sun casts a blanket of stripes over the grass as Noah Lennox leads a small delegation through the botanical gardens in Lisbon’s Príncipe Real neighborhood. The air, damp from last night’s rain, smells sweet—fig trees, maybe, or loquats.
>>
>>52640769
Again, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>52640713
>>52640763
I call bullshit, everything from SGSTV to Sung Tongs seemed to be pretty genuinely. The majority of their early albums were avant-noise noodling, for Chirstsakes.
>>
>>52640824
>avant-noise noodling, for Chirstsakes.
exactly. the avant teen demographic eats that shit right up.
>>
>>52640726
>>52640785
>Implying music as personal as Noah's isn't inextricably tied with his artistic identity.
>Implying that entire article isn't laughably ridiculous.
>Implying PBVGR wasn't anything beyond a lackluster indietronica album from a middle-aged shell of a man.
>>
>>52640888
OK, it's pointless to talk with someone as vapid as you. I won't give an effort anymore.
>>
>>52640878
Avant-teen isn't a anything in the real world beyond a /mu/ meme insult. Hate to break it to you man.
>>
>>52640824
>>52640769
>>52640672
What's the big deal?
It's just an interview.
Are you mad because it's p4k or because for some idiotic reason you don't like the layout of the article?
>>
>>52640909
Typical 16-year-old faggot who refuses to be wrong and just slings insutls. Go fuck yourself
>>
File: ss+(2015-01-05+at+05.48.12).jpg (65KB, 554x752px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-01-05+at+05.48.12).jpg
65KB, 554x752px
i think this is a really good article and panda bear is both fascinating and really cute.
>>
>>52640672
i genuinely can not think of anything douchier than doing stuff ironically
>>
is he going to kill himself
>>
>>52640672
hes gotta cash out
2 kids
prob wont be any more AnCo touring to live off
>>
>>52640981
>refuses to be wrong
Hahahaha "those in glass houses" friend...
>>
>>52640984
he looks old af
>>
>>52641052
idk he's always looked kind of old for his age, and now he just looked his age so i don't notice. i like his awkward middle school-looking ruffled hair.
>>
>>52641032
seems like it
>>
>>52640981
typical college-age fuckboy who thinks he's "matured" and puts himself on a pedestal cause his favorite band is animal collective and can't handle the fact they're past their peak
>>
>>52641035
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? I had some sort of an argument and your response was to just call me vapid so you wouldn't have to actually say anything.

You, and your ellipses, can get fucked
>>
>>52641137
>using fuckboy in any circumstances

ur both pretty gay but kill yourself
>>
>>52641161
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=those+in+glass+houses
>>
>>52640984
this. and he seems genuine, i like that about him
>>
>>52641189
also run the jewels was a terrible albums and elp even sounds bad saying that word, so you should feel bad
>>
>>52640769
If it's of any value I sympathise with you. Independent music culture comes out of the tradition of punk and it seems odd and funny that Pitchfork has become the establishment when it comes to music (I mean look at all the favourably reviews of mainstream label acts and tell me there are no kickbacks there). It looks like the interview is coming from a health supplements catalogue or teen vogue.

>looking morosely at ocean posing shots.
>sideways disinterested facial posing in what looks like a topiary.

The entire design layout and editorial praxis of Pitchfork is so contrived that that thin veneer of respectability is now long gone.
>>
>>52641137
>fuckboy

you are the fuccboi anon
>>
>>52641229
wow thanks anon of mice and men is my favorite band very informative ;^)
>>
Animal Collective owe their entire career to Pitchfork, how can you even be shocked by this?
What's next, being surprised the next time Pitchfork does a cover story on Deerhunter or Perfect Pussy?
>>
>>52641266
I actually do value your input. At least someone else understands, and couldn't have said it better.
>>
he's been making music for like what 20 years to critical acclaim
how is doing a p4k interview selling out
>>
u ppl r putting more thought into this than both pbear and p4k combined
>>
>>52641137
>basically admitting your in high school

I need to leave this place
>>
>>52641189
>>52641290
butthurt fuckboys detected
>>
>>52641032
hope so
>>
>>52641338
>What's next, being surprised ... Perfect Pussy?
Please no.
I can already picture it.
>>
>>52641407
Not selling out per se but more or less a lack of awareness about how ridiculous his posturing and aloofness is in this interview
>>
>>52641605
you're overthinking his input to this
the photos and shit are all the photographers' work from his posture to his expression to the background
>>
>>52641605
That's literally the dudes true personality.

Who the fuck cares if he does an interview with pitchfork. The whole thing was really fucking cool and I liked the clips they had.
>>
>>5264172
>I don't know what cliches are!
>>
>>52640981
"16-year-old faggot who [...] just slings insults."

Hmmm now who could that be?
>>
>>52641750
>Deleting the end of post numbers by habit, because of /pol/.

You'll never get rid of us

Captcha: reksr
>>
>>52641137
>>52641290
>>52641425
fuckboy isnt an effective insult because it was created by morons and used by morons

ayy lmao
>>
>>52641722
Well his personality stinks then. I don't care what your opinion of me is. If you think this stuff is cool you are probably still young and still impressionable which is fine as well.

>>52641669
That's a secondary issue, about how the success of independent culture is cannabalizing itself by mainstream success and turning itself into a caricature of what it is now expected to be. This isn't necessarily a pitchfork thing but more a critique of the culture
>>
This board has a lot of people trying to be too edgy. What harm does it do if a music website does a profile on an artist? Call it selling out or whatever you want, but I'm a fan of his and enjoyed the read. I'd actually enjoy to read a profile of any artist/group I like. And if this isn't your thing, simply don't read it. Then just listen to the music on its own and judge the music on its own merits. An artist granting an interview doesn't mean they've completely sold out nor does reading an interview mean you're a "p4k drone" or some non-sense. Enough with the petulance.
>>
>>52641990
>Well his personality stinks then.

wait... why?

some people are legitimately just naturally aloof. it's the impressionable teenagers who pretend to be aloof because it's cool and makes them look deep that are annoying.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.