[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/ /bleep production/ /whatever you want to call it, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
/prod/
/bleep production/
/whatever you want to call it, you know what we're about/

Inside the Minimoog edition.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52561259
First board is the classic Moog transistor ladder filter, which is directly coupled to the VCA. This means that the filter drives the VCA with a really hot signal but without clipping.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52561341
It looks pretty cool with the light shining through the PCB
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52561373
A good example of hand drawn PCB traces, they don't do this anymore. This was before surface mount technology, hardly anything wasn't done by hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52561424
Next up we have the VCO board. This is the early version which is less stable in tuning, but allegedly has a better sound. I don't really care about that, but the tuning is better than than the slim phatty, so there's that.
>>
How to make whatever he does with the sound at 25:15 25:22 25:27 25:34 etc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6x2vTKeU2s
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52561521
This little white guy with the shiny black cap is the heated transistor pair. The transistors keep each other at the same temperature to provide as linear response as possible. These are used in the exponential to linear converter (to convert keyboard scaling for the oscillators). A common misconception is that oscillators are unstable, when in reality, it's the exp to lin converter, or in cases of the Moog modular, a cruddy power supply.
>>
>>52561637
Dunno, maybe some ring modulation, there's a lot going on.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52561651
The envelope generator board, which is why I pulled everything apart. The mini's envelopes worked fine, but there was constant bleed in the output, meaning it never stopped making sound. Still haven't figured out the cause of this.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52561771
Lastly, the power supply board. This just takes the output of the power supply, and derives the -10, +10, ground, and other rails for the rest of the circuits to draw from. The bent pieces of steel are the heat sinks.
>>
God damn this new VAT shit is stupid
>>
one step off making noise, report back to me when you're done, anons

;)
>>
https://soundcloud.com/m_ahc/caps

Just made this. Thoughts?
>>
File: launchkey.jpg (57KB, 1009x577px) Image search: [Google]
launchkey.jpg
57KB, 1009x577px
Launchkey 25 vs Launchkey 25 Mini

I'm thinking about buying pic related, but also thinking about its mini version, cheaper. Is there much difference between the versions?
>>
>>52562541
i have it. the mini doesnt have the playback/recording controls, pitch/mod wheel, lcd or that one fader, id say its worth the extra cash tbh i use all those pretty often
>>
>>52562541
>>52562621
also if you use ableton the mini doesnt have toggleable inControl for the knobs and pads individually, i think its for either both or just the pads
>>
>>52562462
Good stuff, man. Reminds me of MF Doom.
>>
>>52562654
Useful info, but I use FL Studio mostly. But yeah, I'll probably get the full version.
>>
>>52562692
Thanks, m8. I was trying to get a DOOM-like vibe going on, and I'm glad it came out right.
>>
Looking for a first liece of hardware, other than various midi/dj controllers. What do you guys think about sample-based grooveboxes? I'm considering picking up a used MC-303, but the fact that there's no sampling and limited synthesis is a bit of a turnoff. What are thr best electribe models?
>>
>>52562394
waht is VAT shit
>>
>>52563123
It's something to worry about if you get paid in yurop Monopoly money. For some reason they have outrageous sales tax, which is a regressive tax (made to keep poor people poor)
>>
What are some must-have Kontakt instruments? Doesn't necessarily have to be from NI. I've been looking at Spitfire, but I figured I'd check with you guys.
>>
>>52563192
u makin a fuss about the fuckin 5p for a bag shit? I happen to work in a shop that now charges for bags and people who whine about it piss me the fuck off. bags are fucking shite for the environment and it's a good move to give them value.

if somefin else happened vat-wise it's news to me
>>
>>52564205
I don't live in the third world, Mr. Thinskin. I was just explaining what VAT is.
>>
>>52561259
the way you explained made it sound easy to build a simple synth, if I knew how to solder
>>
>>52564393
It's not terribly hard to, but if you're starting from scratch and not using existing circuits and PCBs, it's very very tough. If you're just starting from a kit and want to build clones, sourcing parts is probably the hardest part. Soldering isn't too hard, practice your chops by making cables and messing around on protoboard.
>>
>>52564542
I'm assuming the one with circuits cost more?
>>
>>52564650
Well no matter what, you have circuits, but premade PCBs are actually cheaper than if you design your own. The only advantage you have is that you have your own circuit, instead of an existing one.

In any case, synth diy is pretty cheap, it's just the learning curve that keeps people out of it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.